Sign in to follow this  
Ondawa

WR Malcom Floyd, SD - Out

Looking dicey......although I assume that he will play since he finished the game last week.

Here is the latest 2 reports fron Rotowire and Fanball:

Wednesday December 15

News: Coach Norv Turner said that he thinks Floyd has a chance to play Thursday against the 49ers despite missing Wednesday's practice and being limited Tuesday with a hamstring injury, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

Impact: Floyd is listed as questionable for the game, so anyone inclined to roll with him this week based on his two-TD effort this past Sunday, will need to verify his status prior to Thursday's kickoff. (RotoWire | 1:52A)

Wednesday December 15

News: Adam Schefter tweets that Malcom Floyd has been listed as questionable for Thursday's game against the 49ers. He did not practice on Wednesday and was limited on Tuesday due to his sore hamstring.

Impact: Floyd looks like a risky play at best this weekend and if he misses the game, Vincent Jackson may finally produce. With Gates also absent from Thursday's game, Philip Rivers may be a bit hamstrung. (Fanball | 4:16P)

:dunno:

Most recent report:

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune believes that Malcom Floyd (hamstring, questionable) will "probably" play on Thursday night.

It's a good sign for Floyd's chances, but the fact that Acee was less than definitive indicates that he also has concern about Floyd. Floyd is shaping up as a high-risk WR3, and we'd start Vincent Jackson over him at this point. Floyd has had multiple setbacks since suffering the injury initially.

Source: Kevin Acee on Twitter

hamstrings ain't nothing to play with...this guy could be out there 2 plays and pack it in for the night. with V Jackson sitting on my bench, I'd much rather them sit Floyd completely.

Finally! It's VJax time!

Let's hope so, for cryin' out loud.

:cheers:

I cant believe this guy. Last week he comes back and post big numbers and helps my team move on to the semi's and now this bs. I am not playing him no matter what they say.

hamstrings ain't nothing to play with...this guy could be out there 2 plays and pack it in for the night.

Yep. Even if he does play the whole game, he hasn't been all that consistent this season. A bad hammy certainly won't help.

fellas...rivers loves this guy in the redzone...and no antonio gates!!!...floyd i like 10 feet tall...he catches a TD pass forsure. chargers are pushing hard for the playoffs.they need all hands on deck.

I finally squeak into the playoff and now this.

This is going to be the Indy game all over again where he plays a couple of series and goes lame again. :wall:

Floyd is very questionable this week how come he is the #4 WR on fftodays rankings that came out today :shocking: :dunno:

Since Welker has gotten healthy ive penciled him in my lineup and left Floyd on bench with his little hammy. But Floyd was going to take over for Miles Austin until he pulled his fagina or i mean hammy again.

here is the latest from CBS:

Latest News

A day after showing up on the practice report as limited with a hamstring injury, Chargers WR Malcom Floyd did not practice Wednesday, a day before his team hosts the 49ers as part of Week 15 action. Floyd has missed multiple games this season with a hamstring injury. However, coach Norv Turner appeared optimistic that Floyd will play. “I have hopes with Malcom,” Turner said. “He will get out early and run and see where he is at.” He's listed as questionable to play vs. a San Francisco pass defense that has allowed five touchdowns to wideouts over their last two games.

(Updated 12/15/2010).

Analysis

Floyd is coming off a two-touchdown game himself and looks like a must-start Fantasy receiver -- if he's active. Owners should have a plan ready to go in the event that he is inactive come Thursday night. We'll have the official word on Floyd in this space at roughly 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, so check back with us if you've got Floyd and want to know if he's good to go.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3086

I don't know what to do tonight? Ocho now with a foot/ankle problem as well. SD needs this game, my gut tells me to go with Floyd.....I guess I will be watching the reports all day....

I'm with you, really don't want to start Hines Ward in his spot. I think I roll with Floyd as long as he's not ruled out before the game.

I'm with you, really don't want to start Hines Ward in his spot. I think I roll with Floyd as long as he's not ruled out before the game.

You make roughly one post per year and this is it :shocking:

Well I'm focked - I have him in 2 leagues tonights

$100 league

Floyd or Anthony Armstrong, Crabtree, #85, or Laurent Robinson - - ALL OPTIONS SUCK

$400 league

Floyd or Mike Thomas, Ben Obomanu, or Lance freakin' Moore - MOSS CAN SUCK IT he's been dropped. I"M FOCKED HERE ALSO

this sucks

Everybody is going to have to check back in 30 minutes before kick off. If the reports are that Floyd is fine and him missing practice was more precautionary than anything, then I think he is a great start.

If the reports are that he is still "iffy" or he will "try and give it a go" or is going to try and "tuff it out" then those are red flags he is really hurt and I will more than likely sit him.

We are gonna have to read between the lines closer to kick off. :dunno:

Everybody is going to have to check back in 30 minutes before kick off. If the reports are that Floyd is fine and him missing practice was more precautionary than anything then I think he is a great start.

If the reports are that he is still "iffy" or he will "try and give it a go" or is going to try and "tuff it out" then those are red flags he is really hurt and I will more than likely sit him.

This makes sense.....boy oh boy please let him be okay!

Everybody is going to have to check back in 30 minutes before kick off. If the reports are that Floyd is fine and him missing practice was more precautionary than anything, then I think he is a great start.

well Turner is not so sure <_<

However, coach Norv Turner appeared optimistic that Floyd will play. “I have hopes with Malcom,” Turner said. “He will get out early and run and see where he is at.

To bad I cant check back living in freakin Germany, the game start at 0200 for me so I am screwed and pulled the fast one of the year like a lot of people and picked up Joe Webb and VJ as my starting wideouts with White, Austin, Floyd and Williams (TB) on the bench. Hell the way these guys have played the last few weeks I might as well use Webb and VJ it wont be a drop off.

Yep. Even if he does play the whole game, he hasn't been all that consistent this season. A bad hammy certainly won't help.

He is ranked as the #28 WR in my league despite missing three full games and has missed parts of others. And if you look at some of the guys who are ranked ahead of him (S.Moss, D. Branch, D. Mason, etc.), I don't think you'd seriously consider many of them over a guy with Floyd's ability in an offense like he is in.

The 'limited' practice is due to the short week, as I am sure they wanted to make sure he is rested for this game. I am sure he will be fine.

By the way, how many WRs are 'consistent'? Reggie Wayne is the #5 WR in my league and could definitely be described as inconsistent, as could Steve Johnson who is #11 in my league.

Good luck!

NFL network just announced Gates and Floyd are both out. Fock - - better to know now then to start him I suppose.

Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Kara Henderson reports Malcom Floyd (hamstring) and Antonio Gates (foot) are both inactive for Thursday night's game against the 49ers.

The Chargers tried to get Floyd ready to play, but his hamstring just wouldn't loosen up. With Gates out and Floyd banged up, we had already bumped Vincent Jackson from 30th to 21st among receivers Thursday afternoon. With Floyd inactive, V-Jax will get another bump as Philip Rivers' go-to target against a mediocre secondary. Consider him a Top-15 option this week. Dec. 16 - 6:06 pm et

Bump the VJAX!!!

Per Rotoworld:

Bump the VJAX!!!

Is VJAX now a must start??? I may bench Mike Wallace for him.

Floyd out Lance Moore in

Floyd out Michael Crabtree in

Dear Fantasy Football Gawds, if there was ever a time for begging...HELP

Is VJAX now a must start??? I may bench Mike Wallace for him.

he's a must start for me...cause my WR's are the SUCK. I would have to think that Jackson is a borderline top 15 WR with Floyd AND Gates out.

he's a must start for me...cause my WR's are the SUCK. I would have to think that Jackson is a borderline top 15 WR with Floyd AND Gates out.

Mike Wallace has also gone cold and faces Revis. Not as tough a decision now that Floyd is being reported as out.

Now the big question, does SF have what it takes to stop rivers and Vjax? I believe not.

Floyd out, Earl Bennett in ... outdoors and freezing to death at Minnesota U's stadium. :doh:

Goodbye playoffs. Goodbye cruel world. :cry:

hopefully tolbert gets more heavily involved in the passing game now...SD w limited receiving options.

I'm also in deeper sh*t.. than i was before.

Here are my options this week at WR/Flex now(week 1 of a 2 week title contest against a superteam):

Boldin (cold as ice and likely double teamed)

S. Rice (literally cold as ice, Joe Webb at QB, with nothing to play for)

Dart Board Candidates:

Rashad Jennings, Jacoby Ford or I could flex over B. Watson or A. Hernandez.

Good stuff :wall:

I hate to say I told u sooo but I did lol Just kidding but as a Floyd owner I had a gut feeling Floyd wasn't gonna play thurs nite once he started to have hamstring issues..oh well

:wall:

Fock me...I gotta play either Ochostinko or Ben Obomanu now. I am going to check my waivers but I know there's not much there...

I could start Hightower as a flex i guess.