Sign in to follow this  
Walter34

Your 2010 NFC Norris Champions

Paper champions..... they will be destroyed by the Packers in two weeks....

Enjoy the meantime :doublethumbsup:

Chicago will have to play New Orleans, New York, or Green Bay in the wildcard....and yes, you're playing in the wildcard because you're not beating Green Bay week 17.

One and done.

:wave:

Your not bowing or homaging. :thumbsdown:

Classless Donhaas. :nono:

Your not bowing or homaging. :thumbsdown:

Classless Donhaas. :nono:

I said, "Enjoy the meantime" and included a smiley guy with not just one, but two thumbs up....

Thought that was a pretty nice gesture :dunno:

Congrats.

I've officially stopped predicting failure for your Bears; I was completely wrong. You have the best team in the NFC North. Wonder if they can beat out Philadelphia for a bye week, though; if they do, that will mean they also knock GB out of the playoffs.

Bow down and pay homage Packer, Viking and Lions fans

:pointstosky:

Congrats to the Bears and their fans! I am sure none of you saw this this year, but they have put together a good season! Be proud of how they have played!

It's hard to disguise a steaming pile of fresh horse sh!t, but the Bears have managed to do so. I can't explain it, but then again nobody can figure out how Tampa Bay has a winning record either. The universe will course correct next year, and it's back to the basement, much like Cincinnati this year. Lovie Smith is still a bad coach. Jay Cutler is still an idiot. Mike Martz is still a twat. Maybe I still hold a grudge against that retard Sweetness34.

To be honest, I was also wrong. I thought this was a 7 win team and that the martz hiring was a trainwreck. I was calling for everyone's head before the bye after getting Cutler concussed and losing to the Giants, Seahawks and Deadskins.

They somehow made the right adjustments on offence and started playing smarter and to the talent on the team. Props to the coaching staff for stepping up and answering the playoffs or else challenge.

The oline is still a big issue and the WR talent is mediocre at best. Otherwise, the defence, special teams and Forte have all turned it around.

They need home field and the bye if they want to make noise in the playoffs. Atlanta is the only team that I am worried about in the NFC. They can and have beaten Philly and

it would be nice to have another shot at NY.

:banana:

Thats an insult to paper everywhere. One and DONE. Not even close.

To be honest, I was also wrong. I thought this was a 7 win team and that the martz hiring was a trainwreck. I was calling for everyone's head before the bye after getting Cutler concussed and losing to the Giants, Seahawks and Deadskins.

They somehow made the right adjustments on offence and started playing smarter and to the talent on the team. Props to the coaching staff for stepping up and answering the playoffs or else challenge.

The oline is still a big issue and the WR talent is mediocre at best. Otherwise, the defence, special teams and Forte have all turned it around.

They need home field and the bye if they want to make noise in the playoffs. Atlanta is the only team that I am worried about in the NFC. They can and have beaten Philly and

it would be nice to have another shot at NY.

Well, that and getting a nice stretch of 3rd string QBs to play against.

:thumbsdown:

They beat Romo, Rodgers, Vick and old man favre twice.

The only gift this year was the Miami game, but I doubt Henne or Pennington would have changed that result.

congrats, bears :thumbsup:

you are obviously the class of the nfcn this year. hands down. no question.

figures the spoiled sore-loser cheesed!cks would be in here making excuses and qualified congrats :rolleyes:

you got the lions second-string game at lambeau and needed a home-field non-call to beat the lions, and then you couldn't beat the lions 3rd and 4th stringers last week in detroit (and rodgers was sucking donkey balls before he went out so don't go there). shut the fock up and deal. the packers aren't that good.

at least the bears took care of business against teams they were supposed to...what the fock is the packers excuse? they played the same teams.

:thumbsdown:

They beat Romo, Rodgers, Vick and old man favre twice.

The only gift this year was the Miami game, but I doubt Henne or Pennington would have changed that result.

They beat Webb more than Favre.

Now, granted, GB lost to Stanton and Detroit...but Chicago got that too.

And I think Henne vs. Thigpen would have made a bit of a difference.

congrats, bears :thumbsup:

you are obviously the class of the nfcn this year. hands down. no question.

figures the spoiled sore-loser cheesed!cks would be in here making excuses and qualified congrats :rolleyes:

Figures swamp can't figure out what good natured ribbing is.

The Bears won it legit...beat GB which is what matters for them at this point...could keep us out of the playoffs.

you got the lions second-string game at lambeau and needed a home-field non-call to beat the lions, and then you couldn't beat the lions 3rd and 4th stringers last week in detroit (and rodgers was sucking donkey balls before he went out so don't go there). shut the fock up and deal. the packers aren't that good.

at least the bears took care of business against teams they were supposed to...what the fock is the packers excuse? they played the same teams.

Swamp going idiot again.

BTW...Rodgers looked fine delivering what should have been a perfect TD pass to Jennings.

He was not on...but they have started slow before...and if you don't think they could have done a bit better down the stretch in that game with Rodgers, you are dumber than I think.

Its not an excuse...injuries happen...but it likely would have been different.

And we have been playing with 2nd 3rd and 4th stringers all year.

Really, the Bears took care of Washington and Seattle?

Packers got to play Carolina and not Atlanta?

BTW...the schedule is not an excuse either...as I said, the Bears beat GB straight up and won the division.

But, as usual with you, you confuse some division trash talk and start your usual crap up.

Leave the talk to the big boys of teams that actually have postseason aspirations.

Swamp going idiot again.

BTW...Rodgers looked fine delivering what should have been a perfect TD pass to Jennings.

He was not on...but they have started slow before...and if you don't think they could have done a bit better down the stretch in that game with Rodgers, you are dumber than I think.

Its not an excuse...injuries happen...but it likely would have been different.

And we have been playing with 2nd 3rd and 4th stringers all year.

Really, the Bears took care of Washington and Seattle?

Packers got to play Carolina and not Atlanta?

BTW...the schedule is not an excuse either...as I said, the Bears beat GB straight up and won the division.

But, as usual with you, you confuse some division trash talk and start your usual crap up.

Leave the talk to the big boys of teams that actually have postseason aspirations.

a wall of text that is nothing but lame-ass excuses. of course this from the idiots that have kept the pats game thread going for 5 pages.

shut the fock up. the bears are the undisputed champs. the packers blew it and were and are overrated.

keep whining about injuries and the woulda, coulda, shouldas, though.

a wall of text that is nothing but lame-ass excuses. of course this from the idiots that have kept the pats game thread going for 5 pages.

shut the fock up. the bears are the undisputed champs. the packers blew it and were and are overrated.

I have said the Bears are the champs moron.

You were the one who brought up the injuries to the freaking Lions chump.

I don't think they are overrated right now...they are rated right where they should be...a team with a chance to grab the wild card spot.

For a fan of a team who doubled its win total from the past 2 seasons combined, you sure are one angry turd.

I guess you are not getting your usual winter hibernation sleep this year.

you got the lions second-string game at lambeau and needed a home-field non-call to beat the lions, and then you couldn't beat the lions 3rd and 4th stringers last week in detroit

DisappearDog quotes made literally in the same breath... :pointstosky:

I never get tired of owning you LetMeDissappearfor6WeeksSoICanTuckMySoninDogg :headbanger:

I thought the combination of Martz and Cutler would either be a stunning success or a disaster. I never thought it would be just plain good. This team tried to play vertical early and after brutal loses at home to Washington and Seattle, I'm impressed how both adapted. They overhauled the offense and have made Cutler more of a game manager, which is counter intuitive to both coach and player, but resulted in a 6-1 record since. The OLine is the only significant problem on this team, unfortunately it's a big one. Cutler has had a ton of pressure this season and has responded well. After last year, I was fearing he was another coach-killer, Jeff George type, but he really seems to have matured this year and shown more fire and competitiveness then his normal uninterested facial and body expressions give the casual observer.

The Lovie Smith sucks comment is interesting. I'm not a big fan, he's not a great coach per se, but in the face of what still seems to be the consensus opinion even in Chicago, I continue to respond with it's hard to argue with his results. Apparently it's been too easy for Bears fans to forget the Wanny/DickJar years. I know the problem in Chicago, it's impossible to get out of the Ditka shadow in this town, it would take at least 2 Super Bowls wins and needs to be done with more yelling, but I don't get it nationally. I'd expect a little more practical view from fans of other teams. There's 8 active coaches with 3+ division championships and at least 1 conference championship. Among those you have Mike Shanahan, whose made some of the worst decisions of his career in Washington and has unbelievably turned it in to even more of a mess than Dan Snyder achieves by himself. John Fox is another, and his coaching star has fallen. That leaves Belichick, Reid, Coughlin, Fisher and Tomlin. Obviously Belichick is in a class by himself and even though their fans try to run Reid and Coughlin out of town at the drop of a hat too, you have to give both their due. I like Tomlin, but he's in a bit of a George Seifert realm right now, he was handed the keys to a Lamborghini and so far has successfully kept it running. He's had to deal with some reloading, but let's see what he does once he gets some real adveristy, like losing some key coordinators and Roethlisberger finally going to jail. Fisher is the prime comp here for me. He's been doing it a hell of lot longer, but has had his poor seasons and his post-season success is no greater than Lovie's, yet I think he's generally respected and viewed as one of the better coaches in the league. I just don't get the overwhelming lack of respect for Lovie. Like I said, he's not a great coach and I can agree with not even liking him that much, but in this era of parity, it shows a complete lack of football acumen to say he sucks or dismiss his accomplishments.

I have said the Bears are the champs moron.

This is in the running to be my new sig

Bears won't win a playoff game.

I'll bump this after it happens

The Lovie Smith sucks comment is interesting. I'm not a big fan, he's not a great coach per se, but in the face of what still seems to be the consensus opinion even in Chicago, I continue to respond with it's hard to argue with his results. Apparently it's been too easy for Bears fans to forget the Wanny/DickJar years. I know the problem in Chicago, it's impossible to get out of the Ditka shadow in this town, it would take at least 2 Super Bowls wins and needs to be done with more yelling, but I don't get it nationally. I'd expect a little more practical view from fans of other teams. There's 8 active coaches with 3+ division championships and at least 1 conference championship. Among those you have Mike Shanahan, whose made some of the worst decisions of his career in Washington and has unbelievably turned it in to even more of a mess than Dan Snyder achieves by himself. John Fox is another, and his coaching star has fallen. That leaves Belichick, Reid, Coughlin, Fisher and Tomlin. Obviously Belichick is in a class by himself and even though their fans try to run Reid and Coughlin out of town at the drop of a hat too, you have to give both their due. I like Tomlin, but he's in a bit of a George Seifert realm right now, he was handed the keys to a Lamborghini and so far has successfully kept it running. He's had to deal with some reloading, but let's see what he does once he gets some real adveristy, like losing some key coordinators and Roethlisberger finally going to jail. Fisher is the prime comp here for me. He's been doing it a hell of lot longer, but has had his poor seasons and his post-season success is no greater than Lovie's, yet I think he's generally respected and viewed as one of the better coaches in the league. I just don't get the overwhelming lack of respect for Lovie. Like I said, he's not a great coach and I can agree with not even liking him that much, but in this era of parity, it shows a complete lack of football acumen to say he sucks or dismiss his accomplishments.

Chicago fans are tough on their coaches.... I can't count all of the FIBs I know who are constantly "Lovie this, Lovie that, Lovie sucks...." even when the Bears aren't doing poorly...

So, I think nationally... for people who don't see the day-to-day Bears...people follow the locals and perception becomes reality...

I actually kinda like him as a coach....despite the tenacity and dedication he has in wanting to beat the Packers so badly...

I'm not sure where the lack of respect comes from exactly... Being named "Lovie"? Being a black head coach? Once being a part of Don Morton's staff?

That's a stink that you can never shake.... :(

Chicago fans are tough on their coaches.... I can't count all of the FIBs I know who are constantly "Lovie this, Lovie that, Lovie sucks...." even when the Bears aren't doing poorly...

So, I think nationally... for people who don't see the day-to-day Bears...people follow the locals and perception becomes reality...

I actually kinda like him as a coach....despite the tenacity and dedication he has in wanting to beat the Packers so badly...

I'm not sure where the lack of respect comes from exactly... Being named "Lovie"? Being a black head coach? Once being a part of Don Morton's staff?

That's a stink that you can never shake.... :(

I have more of an issue with Angelo the last couple of years. He does have a reasonable track record of drafts and acquisitions, but he (and the org) seem to be stubborn in a path they've chosen and the last ones to admit when they need to change. Going into this year with that oline was unforgivable. Even though they seem to have gelled to the point where they may not be bottom 10 in the league, it took them half the season to get there and almost cost them the qb that they invested so much in.

The gaines adams move was bad BEFORE he died. The Ced Benson pick and handling was lazy, incompetent and compounded by mismanagement. He (and the org) were the last ones to realize that the team needed a different answer at QB than sexy rexie. He hasn't been all bad and has had some stellar drafts with some real finds in the mid and late rounds. But, the obvious seems lost on them and he, Lovie and all the braintrust sticks with the company line long after they should, when even the casual fan knows the painfully obvious move that needs to be made. How long did we roll our eyes when Lovie trotted out to his press conferences and proclaimed that Rex is our QB with a straight face. It wore on Bear fans and drove us nuts. Do these guys not see what the rest of us do or are they trying to justify a decision they made a year or two before?

You fast forward to now where they sit at 10-4 and have won the divesion and you have to re-evaluate what most thought of them, myself included.

Lovie hired his friends, but with the exception of Tice, they have done a great job this year.

They had one of the worst lines in memory and a mistake prone qb that thought he could do anything and they adjusted and fixed it mid season.

Martz himself changed his whole MO and added balance and high percentage to the game plan. Astonishing! Yet something we all knew weeks before.

The Peppers signing and resurgence of Urlacher have been brilliant.

They found the way back to devin hester being a HOF returner

marinelli looks like one of the best D-coordinators in the game after being salvaged from the scrapheap. It took awhile for the stink of Detroit to wash off, but look at him now.

So, while he may not be a great coach, he has been the face and extension of the organization behind him. He has worn the good and the bad over the past several years. As TR mentioned, you cant argue with results and when faced with the ultimatum, they produced - when no one thought they would.

I give him props, but at the same time, want more. Build an enduring program, draft smartly and for the future and not desperately. Recognize the shortcomings and react and adapt. Don't be the last one to clue in.

Overall, Lovie has earned his job and an extension and is clearly the best coach in the division. They can't however relax and take their foot off the pedal. Keep driving for better.

Overall, Lovie has earned his job and an extension and is clearly the best coach in the division.

I've long come to grips with the fact that certain parts of Canada for some reason are only able to get blue and orange internet tubes …. Heck, I remember a recent season where W34 ranked the Bears ahead of the Packers at every single football position in a pre-season Norris poll yet somehow at the end of the season the Packers finished 11-5 and the Bears 6-10..... I get all this and I think it's funny... Downright hilarious sometimes...

But what about Lovie makes him so much better than McCarthy... Because I've been watching football lately and I saw a poorly coached, poorly prepared Chicago team get completely trounced and embarrassed in front of their home crowd by the Patsies.... A week later, I saw that same Patsie team (whom I'm told has a genius for a coach!) host a Packer team with 15 players on the IR and a guy who's never started at QB in his life get completely outplayed and outcoached in every facet of the game except special teams....

The diminished Packers team on the road had oustanding gameplans and coaching on both sides of the ball. The Bears, at home, were completely overwhelmed and outcoached...

This just happened... so its fresh in my mind.... Perhaps I missed a reason why Lovie is so much better than McCarthy... Enlighten me!

I've long come to grips with the fact that certain parts of Canada for some reason are only able to get blue and orange internet tubes …. Heck, I remember a recent season where W34 ranked the Bears ahead of the Packers at every single football position in a pre-season Norris poll yet somehow at the end of the season the Packers finished 11-5 and the Bears 6-10..... I get all this and I think it's funny... Downright hilarious sometimes...

But what about Lovie makes him so much better than McCarthy... Because I've been watching football lately and I saw a poorly coached, poorly prepared Chicago team get completely trounced and embarrassed in front of their home crowd by the Patsies.... A week later, I saw that same Patsie team (whom I'm told has a genius for a coach!) host a Packer team with 15 players on the IR and a guy who's never started at QB in his life get completely outplayed and outcoached in every facet of the game except special teams....

The diminished Packers team on the road had oustanding gameplans and coaching on both sides of the ball. The Bears, at home, were completely overwhelmed and outcoached...

This just happened... so its fresh in my mind.... Perhaps I missed a reason why Lovie is so much better than McCarthy... Enlighten me!

donhaas sniffs bait .... bites :first:

all non-packer fans hope the packers keep mccarthy. best coach in the division? are you kidding? never has some one did so little with so much (if by "so much" we are to believe the donni rantings here about the stellar talent and mvp-candidate rodgers the packers have).

what's his record in close games? dismal. he was handed the keys to a pretty good team (again, if we are to believe donni's rantings). one with stellar young talent (again, ask donni). and what has he done in the postseason with all that great talent? about the same thing rodgers has done. nothing. but like rodgers, he has some decent regular season stats having gorged on the inferior nfcn teams for the past few years.

that said, i also don't think the bears are built for the long term. martz isn't stable (in a lot of ways) and angelo and marinelli have spotty records at best. i think they are the class of the division this year. a lot of things went right (martz apparently listening-for now--for one). congratulations are in order.

but next year and beyond i wouldn't be so certain of anything with that team.

and what has he done in the postseason with all that great talent? about the same thing rodgers has done. nothing.

But we've been to the post season. When's the last time the Lions made the playoffs? :cry:

When was their last playoff win? How many Lombardi trophies do they have?

Us Packer fans were grateful every year the Lions kept Matt Millen as GM. Too bad they still don't have that mastermind. Kinda the same thing we felt every year they kept Wayne Fonts. :lol:

God the Lions have sucked FOREVER! 

But we've been to the post season. When's the last time the Lions made the playoffs? :cry:

When was their last playoff win? How many Lombardi trophies do they have?

Us Packer fans were grateful every year the Lions kept Matt Millen as GM. Too bad they still don't have that mastermind. Kinda the same thing we felt every year they kept Wayne Fonts. :lol:

God the Lions have sucked FOREVER! 

if you've been reduced to comparing the packers to the lions, you're already waving the white flag. "your" team (how cute--betcha suit up and throw your nerf ball around on game day) was supposed to go to the super bowl and supposed to have the league mvp. quite a waste of talent. that falls on the coach.

My team has been drafting in the top-5 for a decade which is an extremely unfair advantage... yet we still suck... We were supposed to crack 5-11 this year for the first time in a decade... quite a waste of talent. that falls on the coach. :doh:

Sounds good...

Who is Detroit going to take with the first overall pick next year?

And are you starting Boitano in your fantasy ice skating league (FISL)?

Gonna be watching the playoffs again, so you're just going to have to tell me how your fantasy ice skating team does later....

THanks.. :pointstosky: