Sign in to follow this  
marksy68

My Ultimate Man Crush - who is yours

Everyone has that one guy on their team that they would not part with. I'm in a keeper league and have owned him for 3 seasons now.

The guy gets his props from so many for being arguably the best receiver in the game, but honestly how can you not have man love for Andre Johnson?

The guy hurts his ankle in week 2 against Washington. Returns to the game, and scores the game tying TD (34 yard dash to the end zone).

He plays the following week and then misses one game because of the ankle. He continues all season and basically performs, maybe not to typical AJ standards, but in my league he is the # 6 WR.

The guy gets pain shots in his ankle before every game, as well as at half time (per Monday Night Football a couple weeks ago).

I basically owe my season and my trip to the Championship to him (along with my other main starters). There are rumours he may not play this week, although nothing confirmed just yet.

In a world with the likes of T.O., Chad, and all these me, me, me types, AJ is the best!

He also this season showed he has a mean left hook!

Who is your "man crush" player?

I also agree with Andre Johnson. This is my first year ever owning him and he has been awesome for me.

Huge Man Crush :wub:

Jamal Charles. Ever since I picked him up last year the guy is just amazing. I drafted him a round early in every league this year, I am just going to be upset when I can't get him next year if I have a late pick...

Right now it's Lesean McCoy. He plays for my favorite team and puts up a ton of yardage. Someone at FFT said it was a "homerific indulgence" to draft McCoy in Round 5 but he's the 5th or 6th overall RB in my non-PPR league. In a PPR league you'd seriously consider drafting him with the top pick next year. My man also broke a rib and kept playing through it - now that's balls.

McCoy = a freaking stud. :pointstosky:

In my keeper league, I have Rodgers as my franchise player. I also will have Foster, Charles, and McFadden for the majority of their good years. That being said, if I could only keep one of those guys, I would never let Rodgers go. I think he will end up making the Pack my favorite NFC team(I'm a Broncos fan) when his career is said and done. Just something about the guy that speaks to me.

Aaron Rodgers = Heavyweight Champion of the World

Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne will be on my dynasty team roster until:

1) they retire

2) I give up the team

3) I kick the bucket

Had a guy in the league who kept Barry Sanders on his roster for 2 years after Barry retired. It finally soaked into his brain that Barry wasn't returning. :doublethumbsup:

Danny Amendola. I have him in a ppr yardage return league so it's obviously different for me. But, just to watch him play is fun. I owned Wes Welker for the last 4 years in my leagues up until this year, and it was the same thing. An undersized slot 3rd down receiver who just continues to make plays despite his stature and speed. I look for him to continue his rapport with Bradford next year. I may be early on him, but I also picked up Welker when he was on the Dolphins and then rode him for 2-3 100 catch seasons. As a short slow white man, Amendola, Woodhead, and Welker give me hope.

Some interesting picjs. Makes me pretty happy to see Rodgers and Charles mentioned as I have them too, even though they werw acquired through trades.

Right now it's Lesean McCoy. He plays for my favorite team and puts up a ton of yardage. Someone at FFT said it was a "homerific indulgence" to draft McCoy in Round 5 but he's the 5th or 6th overall RB in my non-PPR league. In a PPR league you'd seriously consider drafting him with the top pick next year. My man also broke a rib and kept playing through it - now that's balls.

McCoy = a freaking stud. :pointstosky:

Yeah. Owning McCoy last year, and having him be a bit inconsistent, I wasn't all that sold on him this year but with Vick on board he is going to make a significant jump in everyone's rankings/projections next year.

Going to have a threesome with Jamaal Charles and Aaron Rodgers. Love these two guys.

okay so let me change my thought on the original post and ask this.

In my keeper league I can only protect two RB's. Who would you take from MJD, Ray Rice and Charles?

our scoring is 3 points for 40yds rushing, roughly 2 points for every 20 after

3 points for 25 receiving yards and 2 every 20 after

4 points per TD (rushing or receiving).

Thoughts?

I have and agree with a bunch that have been listed but I have to go with Peyton Hillis. I know the last couple games he has struggled a little but the white rhino has been a beast this year.

Auction league - I will mortgage my house next year to keep Andre Johnson. I'm getting an Andre tatto on my chest so my wife can look into the eyes of the two greatest men in the world.

As commissioner, I want to add points for beat downs handed out by players, 100 points for each punch connected to the head w/out a helmet on. ANDRE ANDRE ANDRE

Yeah. Owning McCoy last year, and having him be a bit inconsistent, I wasn't all that sold on him this year but with Vick on board he is going to make a significant jump in everyone's rankings/projections next year.

I hate to say it but the injury to Leonard Weaver was a major factor in McCoy's success. Weaver would've vultured at least 5 carries per game. Once he went down the Eagles realized that 1) they had nothing else at RB and 2) McCoy is much, much better than he was as a rook.

As an Eagles fan, losing the FB hurt but it really opened the door for McCoy to have a special season.

I took a lot of heat drafting Foster in the 4th round with a bunch of other more proven backs ahead of him on the board. He's been worth every bit of that pick and more.

Took White with my 2nd pick, and he has done better than expected and played through injury as well.

Wouldn't trade either of them.

I hate to say it but the injury to Leonard Weaver was a major factor in McCoy's success. Weaver would've vultured at least 5 carries per game. Once he went down the Eagles realized that 1) they had nothing else at RB and 2) McCoy is much, much better than he was as a rook.

As an Eagles fan, losing the FB hurt but it really opened the door for McCoy to have a special season.

Well said. Never thought of it that way

Mike Wallace is my guy...being an Ole Miss fan I already liked the guy and now he has helped carry me to my first ever championship game. And now he is getting my matchup started the right way by scoring early and almost hitting the hundred yard mark before the half.

Some guys off the top of my head that I always seemed to like more than everyone else, and that other owners would probably say that I've had man crushes on:

Shaun Alexander

William Green

Stephen Davis

Rod Smith

Jerry Rice

Marcus Robinson

Chris Henry

Chris Cooley