Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Bears 3

I don't think the Bears are looking forward to this game..... they are basically the Giants...

with a little luck :music_guitarred:

dang.... shoulda started this thread last week after a packer loss... while all the cockroaches were still out and posting 100 miles per hour...

They seem to have all scattered... :headbanger:

:banana:

Hester PR

Forte with a score on a screen

Bennett with a slant

Tillman with a pick 6

2 Gould FGs

That's 34

Also,

Peppers with 2 sacks

Urlacher with a pick

Rodgers with a concussion

Surprisingly, no run game for GB

early FG for Crosby

That's the 3

Hester PR

Forte with a score on a screen

Bennett with a slant

Tillman with a pick 6

2 Gould FGs

That's 34

Also,

Peppers with 2 sacks

Urlacher with a pick

Rodgers with a concussion

Surprisingly, no run game for GB

early FG for Crosby

That's the 3

There we go!

Good stuff! :cheers:

You don't seem too confident

Like I said, Walter, I am MORE than a little bit worried about this game...

Mostly because I like to see a competitive Packer/Bear game and let's face it.... the Bears are basically the New York Giants with a little less talent at RB, WRs, QB, o-line, and pass rush.....

And we all saw how that turned out...

Yes, the Bears are generally much, much luckier than G-men.... but can you count on that at Lambeau?? :cheers:

WILLIAMS PR

JACKSON with a score on a screen

JENNINGS with a slant

WOODSON with a pick 6

2 CROSBY FGs

That's 34

Also,

RAJI with 2 sacks

MATTHEWS with a pick

CUTLER with a concussion

Surprisingly, no run game for CHI

early FG for GOULD

That's the 3

FIXED

Like I said, Walter, I am MORE than a little bit worried about this game...

Mostly because I like to see a competitive Packer/Bear game and let's face it.... the Bears are basically the New York Giants with a little less talent at RB, WRs, QB, o-line, and pass rush.....

And we all saw how that turned out...

Yes, the Bears are generally much, much luckier than G-men.... but can you count on that at Lambeau?? :cheers:

You have several days to compile the list of injuries, bad calls and bad luck that will happen. Hopefully you are off work and can devote nthe time needed to have the canned excuses ready.

You predicted:

- Bears will finish last behind trhe Lions

- Bears will be lucky to win 6 games

- packers will win the division easily

- packers will go 16-0

- Packers will win the SB

- Bears will lose their last 6 games

- Bears will lose their last 5 games

etc, etc

You are a good luck charm Donnie - keep it up. How badly will we be beaten this week?

You predicted:

- Bears will finish last behind trhe Lions

- Bears will be lucky to win 6 games

- packers will win the division easily

- packers will go 16-0

- Packers will win the SB

- Bears will lose their last 6 games

- Bears will lose their last 5 games

Wait, wait, wait, wait a second..... Slow down here... You are besmirching my good name...

I never predicted 16-0! :cheers:

I expect the following to happen:

* GB generates little to no run game

* Rogers piles up tons of yards on underneath stuff, but it doesn't translate into many points

* GB leads in both penalties and fumbles

* Hester and manning generate great field position all day leading to quick and "easy" points.

* Donhaas proclaims that they are dominating the game despite the scoreboard suggesting otherwise

* In the 4th quarter, GB makes head scratching mistakes that ultimately costs them the game. Penalties, turnovers, lost challenges and wasted timeouts - all of the above.

The stat sheet looks great despite the loss. Bears got "lucky"

:pointstosky:

Over under on Green Bay penalties set at 13. I'll take the over.

Bears = playoffs, GB = wondering what happened Could get ugly. :music_guitarred:

The Bears have had a charmed season:

1) Losing to the Lions, but being given a gift win instead;

2) Facing Green Bay reeling with injuries, and still being given the game on fluke;

3) Facing Minnesota without having to deal with Metrodone noise; outdoors, and without AP and Favre or Jackson;

4)

Posters should feel free to continue the list of lucky sh!t to happen to the Bears this year. It is my position that they should have 3 fewer wins than they do.

3) Facing Minnesota without having to deal with Metrodone noise; outdoors, and without AP and Favre or Jackson;

I can think of a few teams who played against the Vikings in their dome with AP and Favre and still somehow managed to beat them.

Remember the 2010 Vikings are not the 2009 Vikings.

2) Facing Green Bay reeling with injuries, and still being given the game on fluke;

What was the fluke here?

The Bears have had a charmed season:

1) Losing to the Lions, but being given a gift win instead;

4)

Posters should feel free to continue the list of lucky sh!t to happen to the Bears this year. It is my position that they should have 3 fewer wins than they do.

Add playing Tyler Thigpen @ Miami

I expect the following to happen:

* GB generates little to no run game

* Rogers piles up tons of yards on underneath stuff, but it doesn't translate into many points

* GB leads in both penalties and fumbles

* Hester and manning generate great field position all day leading to quick and "easy" points.

* Donhaas proclaims that they are dominating the game despite the scoreboard suggesting otherwise

* In the 4th quarter, GB makes head scratching mistakes that ultimately costs them the game. Penalties, turnovers, lost challenges and wasted timeouts - all of the above.

The stat sheet looks great despite the loss. Bears got "lucky"

:pointstosky:

I hope you enjoyed all that the first time, because it ain't goin' down like that twice! :lock:

I don't understand why everyone is so high on the Packers. True they do have a few playmakers but it takes a complete team to be considered a good team. The Bears are more of a complete team and yes they have had some luck by playing backup QB's but good teams take advantage of good fortune. So keep bringing on the hate and hopefully da Bears will keep winning. They do have to improve a bit to have a chance at winning the ship but they have the talent to do it.

Educate me:

Do the Bears have anything at stake with this game? :dunno:

As long as Philly wins tonight..........a Bears win guarantees them # 2 seed and a bye.

If Atlanta somehow manages to lose to the Panthers in the early games - a Bears win gets them #1 seed.

While seeding always sounds like good motivation for teams..........it usually doesn't play out that way. Good chance they come out flat. Hope not. :dunno:

While seeding always sounds like good motivation for teams..........it usually doesn't play out that way. Good chance they come out flat. Hope not. :dunno:

HAHAHAHAAHa .... covering your ass already.... Why in the world would there be a good chance they come out flat? Lovie's only goal in life is to beat the Packers and he'll be harping on this all week long 24/7...

As if the Bears/Packers rivalry wasn't enough, they ARE playing for a first round bye and home field advantage... which is HUGE...

Explain to me why there's a good chance they come out flat...

I'll take your answer off the air.... thanks :cheers:

I don't understand why everyone is so high on the Packers. True they do have a few playmakers but it takes a complete team to be considered a good team. The Bears are more of a complete team and yes they have had some luck by playing backup QB's but good teams take advantage of good fortune. So keep bringing on the hate and hopefully da Bears will keep winning. They do have to improve a bit to have a chance at winning the ship but they have the talent to do it.

Just FYI the Packers lead the Bears in scoring offense, scoring defense, total offense, and total defense. I'll give you special teams though. But talking like the Bears are an obviously more complete team is silly, at best we're talking about a push.

HAHAHAHAAHa .... covering your ass already.... Why in the world would there be a good chance they come out flat? Lovie's only goal in life is to beat the Packers and he'll be harping on this all week long 24/7...

As if the Bears/Packers rivalry wasn't enough, they ARE playing for a first round bye and home field advantage... which is HUGE...

Explain to me why there's a good chance they come out flat...

I'll take your answer off the air.... thanks :cheers:

While we are waiting for that answer, perhaps you could explain Lions 7 - Packers 3. Don't give me the backup qb answer either, it's the Lions we are talking about.

I'll hang up and listen.

While we are waiting for that answer, perhaps you could explain Lions 7 - Packers 3. Don't give me the backup qb answer either, it's the Lions we are talking about.

The Lions that essentially beat the Bears twice? Those Lions? :overhead:

One time on a catch non-catch.... the other time on a phantom "pushing the quarterback too hard :lol: " penalty

Sometimes things just don't click right away... especially against a division rival on the road...

Rodgers threw a gorgeous pass to Jennings that was a sure touchdown that he just plain dropped. There was plenty more of that coming, but unfortunately he got hurt. Rodgers was moving the ball down the field nicely when he was concussed. Sometimes he starts slow, receivers drop easy passes, OL make dumb mistakes, but at the end he has 330 3 Tds and another 50 on the ground.... that's just the way it is. As it was, he was taken out in the 2nd quarter and insert Flynn who had no practice with the first team with his first live game action.

Flynn, for his part, moved the ball nicely at times, but threw an INT at the 2, had a TD pass to Jennings that should have been challenged and then ended the game with Detroit blantantly interfering with Jennings in the endzone... No call..

But we're not the Bears. We can't count on the refs to bail us out. You have subpar games on the road with a guy who's never taken any snaps... you move on. Detroit beat Tampa on the road the next week so they aren't entirely awful. And they did, as I mentioned, essentially beat the Bears twice.... so I don't know why you are so snobby :nono:

HTH! :cheers:

The Lions that essentially beat the Bears twice? Those Lions? :overhead:

One time on a catch non-catch.... the other time on a phantom "pushing the quarterback too hard :lol: " penalty

Sometimes things just don't click right away... especially against a division rival on the road...

Rodgers threw a gorgeous pass to Jennings that was a sure touchdown that he just plain dropped. There was plenty more of that coming, but unfortunately he got hurt. Rodgers was moving the ball down the field nicely when he was concussed. Sometimes he starts slow, receivers drop easy passes, OL make dumb mistakes, but at the end he has 330 3 Tds and another 50 on the ground.... that's just the way it is. As it was, he was taken out in the 2nd quarter and insert Flynn who had no practice with the first team with his first live game action.

Flynn, for his part, moved the ball nicely at times, but threw an INT at the 2, had a TD pass to Jennings that should have been challenged and then ended the game with Detroit blantantly interfering with Jennings in the endzone... No call..

But we're not the Bears. We can't count on the refs to bail us out. You have subpar games on the road with a guy who's never taken any snaps... you move on. Detroit beat Tampa on the road the next week so they aren't entirely awful. And they did, as I mentioned, essentially beat the Bears twice.... so I don't know why you are so snobby :nono:

HTH! :cheers:

Donnie - there is no such thing as essentially winning.

You win or lose. There is no spoon.

Tell me about that 200 yard sprint you lost, and don't mention anything about your broken leg either

HAHAHAHA.... Walter, you are awesome :thumbsup:

Mr. Lincoln... tell me about your theatre experience tonight, but please don't give me anything about that gunshot wound to the back of your dome....

:music_guitarred:

Anyone who has watched Packer games this year should know that it all depends on which team shows up. Is it the Lions team or the Giants?

I'm definately concerned. The Bears are not a joke. They play good defense, great special teams, and good enough offense. It's not gonna be a cake walk.

Anyone who has watched Packer games this year should know that it all depends on which team shows up. Is it the Lions team or the Giants?

I'm definately concerned. The Bears are not a joke. They play good defense, great special teams, and good enough offense. It's not gonna be a cake walk.

Hey - Mr objectivity is here!

:cheers:

Hey - Mr objectivity is here!

:cheers:

I bleed green and gold. Just call it like I see it. I've been waiting for the Bears to fall apart all year. Hasn't happened. They're a good team.

the problem the packers had with the lions this year--and will have for years to come--is the d-line. a big part of it was that the lions matched up really well with the packers. and will. get used to it.

also, the bears aren't going to fold like the giants. they have something to play for. the giants lost before they even got off the plane. they were clueless and listless ever since jackson ran that td back. they were in a coma and doa in green bay.

all you fockers making fun of the lions giving game to both the bears and the packers this year better get your jollies in this year.

starting next year, this division belongs to the lions. and not only that, they'll be focking kicking people in the teeth while they do it :pointstosky:

you thought you had a tough time this year against detroit? lol...just wait.

I think the Bears offense have improved from early in the season, but it seems like there defense has gone the opposite way. Packers offense has gotten better over the games, but has been flat at times (to be expected though with the injuries they have been forced to overcome), while the defense has done nothing but play great.

While the Bears are not a pushover by any means, the Packers are probably a team most teams don't want to play because of what this team is capable of. With that said the Bears are capable of beating the Pack if there defense can find a way to stop Rodgers.

I think the Packer defense has shown up extremely consistently this whole year. They have been a delight to watch.

I think the offense has been really consistent at this point, too. Your only hiccup was when you had a guy who had never played before forced into the game.... And even him, with a week of practice and study, did very well against New England the next week.

Is there really a question about who is going to show up? Has there been a bad Packer defensive effort the last 8 games? Do you see any way the Bears defense will be able to contain Rodgers/Jennings/Driver/Jones/Jordy for four quarters?

I'm more curious which Bear team will show up. The one that got completely annihilated at home by the Patriots recently?