Sign in to follow this  
Blue Barbarian

Kyle Orton 2011

Seems like the new coach is a Tebow lover. Kyle Orton may get traded away as he cannot be a happy camper after being overlooked after an injury. Possibly Arizona, Carolina. Minnesota. San Francisco, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Miami? Whatcha thinking?

Unless Tebow seriously focks the pooch this weekend I don't see Kyle being in Denver in 2011. He'll almost surely be traded somewhere else.

3,600 yards 20 td's and 9 int's in 13 games. He would of easily been over the 4,000 yard mark had a new coaching staff not been put in place.

What is really impressive about his numbers though is that his left tackle played terrible the first half of the season, and they got rid of his best receiver and his best receiving tight end last offseason. He also played with no threat of a run. The broncos are 28th in the league in rushing the football.

I think that if he gets on a team with weapons and a running game he could be dangerous next season. I am rooting for Minnesota to get him.

The Neckbeard doesn't do anything but put up stats. He's not a winner and Tebow is.

He has had winning records 3 out of the 4 years he has been a starter. The fact that this last season was the first season that he had a losing record was more a testament to his supporting cast than to his skills.

He has had winning records 3 out of the 4 years he has been a starter. The fact that this last season was the first season that he had a losing record was more a testament to his supporting cast than to his skills.

WTF are you talking about?

2005 10 W's and 5 L's in games he started. Didn't start in the playoffs. He threw 9 TD's and 13 INT's that year :lol:

2006 :bench:

2007 :bench: Didn't start a single game. Played in 4. Had 1 TD and 1 INT on the year :lol:

2008 9-7 starting for Chicago. 18 TD's and 12 INT's. Missed the playoffs.

2009 8-8 as the Denver starter. No playoffs.

2010 3 W's and 10 L's in games he started/played.

Based on his numbers, his winning records in Chicago were more a testament to his supporting cast than to his skills. :lol:

He's a nice #2 QB for some team.

WTF are you talking about?

He had a winning record last year, he was 8-7 as the starter, even though he played through half the season with a high ankle sprain.

Winning records

Losing records

If you are going to say Tebow is a winner, you have to say that Orton is a winner as well. 3 out of 4 years with a winning record is pretty decent.

Seems like the new coach is a Tebow lover. Kyle Orton may get traded away as he cannot be a happy camper after being overlooked after an injury. Possibly Arizona, Carolina. Minnesota. San Francisco, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Miami? Whatcha thinking?

"The new coach" is an interim coach. There's a pretty good chance he won't be there next year.

He had a winning record last year, he was 8-7 as the starter, even though he played through half the season with a high ankle sprain.

Winning records

Losing records

If you are going to say Tebow is a winner, you have to say that Orton is a winner as well. 3 out of 4 years with a winning record is pretty decent.

Look at his numbers. Why did Chicago make that massive trade for Cutler, sending Orton to Denver? He's a #2 QB in the NFL. He's had a nice run in Denver the past 2 years but it's over. Congrats to the Neckbeard. :banana:

Look at his numbers. Why did Chicago make that massive trade for Cutler, sending Orton to Denver? He's a #2 QB in the NFL. He's had a nice run in Denver the past 2 years but it's over. Congrats to the Neckbeard. :banana:

I have looked at Orton's numbers.

They are better than the first 4 years Brees was a starter.

In Orton's last 3 years he has had a 2:1 TD to int ratio. This was with a terrible supporting offensive cast. Outside of his rookie year he has never had a running game to take pressure off of him.

In addition the last 2 years he has had a terrible defense as well. He has had to go into the game with the mindset that the only way that Denver was going to win is if Orton could put up lots of points through the air.

I am going to be a buyer on Orton this offseason, and I can gaurantee he will be a starter for more than one of my fantasy teams next season.

He's not a winner and Tebow is.

And what do you base this on? Every QB at Florida in recent memory has been a "winner." Matt Leinart, Vince Young, and Jason White have proven that the Heisman means nothing. He has below average mechaznics, is a terrible pocket passer and is slow for an athletic QB.

He *could* be successful someday, but the Cult of Tebow has really gone off the deep end recently. :rolleyes:

And what do you base this on? Every QB at Florida in recent memory has been a "winner." Matt Leinart, Vince Young, and Jason White have proven that the Heisman means nothing. He has below average mechaznics, is a terrible pocket passer and is slow for an athletic QB.

He *could* be successful someday, but the Cult of Tebow has really gone off the deep end recently. :rolleyes:

I'm not a member of the Tebow cult. I couldn't stand the guy and how the media shoved him down our throats all the time...."If you're lucky enough to spend just 5 minutes with Tim Tebow, your life will be much better for it." Not sure which D-bag said that.

However, things I can't deny from Tebow. He exudes confidence and he's a proven leader of men.

Who cares about his mechanics or his footspeed.

He'll be a winner, I have no doubt. I'm not a fan of the guy, but he's got the makings of a winner imo.

Kyle is a servicable qb and should at least compete for a starting gig for one of the 6 to 8 openings next year. He wont e a long term answer anywhere but will be the guy that starts while the younger guy grooms.

unless tebow has a meltdown of epic proportions, he'll be the qb for the broncos next year.

slow, bad mechanics, not a pocket passer, etc all that mess is true. i was/am a tebow hater myself....

when i got the news he was getting the start vs oakland, i was gonna pick up raiders d and play them thinking about tebow's first start...

thinking about all the comments i've heard (which i believed) like, "tebow won't be able to run in the NFL" or "tebow will not be able to throw in the NFL" blah blah... while he had a 40 yard rushing TD vs. oakland and had 300+ passing yards and the game winning rush td against houston (i know it's houston :lol: )

i live in atlanta... which is dawg (UGA) country (unless you went to GT :P) - which is SEC country...

in which tebow is a god... i've seen this guy win football games over and over and over. just like someone mentioned above, he's just a "leader of men." he's a likable guy (i presume) and he can get his team mates wanting to play hard for him.

“He definitely brings a lot of emotion to every play,” Lloyd said. “He really gives us added incentive to do great things for him, because we know he’s willing to do anything humanly possibly to make the most of out every play.” - article from yahoo

don't count against him - he will be an NFL qb, the broncos qb, and neckbeard will be shipped somewhere to be a backup. or maybe to minn, washington, or seattle to start.

watch this video and tell me tebow isn't going to be the starter next year: "there's only one person who carries the ball right here!" holy crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t8QnCNPwfs

Kyle Orton is not a #2 QB in the FFL. He's a middle tier QB #1.

Go to Carolina or Arizona and you'll find teams with bona fide #2 NFL QBs at best masquerading as starters. Orton is one of the best 20 QBs in the league. That makes him a starter somewhere, any way you slice it.

Kyle Orton is not a #2 QB in the FFL. He's a middle tier QB #1.

Go to Carolina or Arizona and you'll find teams with bona fide #2 NFL QBs at best masquerading as starters. Orton is one of the best 20 QBs in the league. That makes him a starter somewhere, any way you slice it.

Exactly, as a Titans fan I would love Orton! I am serious when I say that. He is a pretty accurate guy when given time, we have run support, and an emerging young WR core i.e.( Britt, Williams, Hawk, and Mariani if they would focking play him)

.... Orton is a serious upgrade at QB for at least 10 teams right now.

Screw Neckbeard, I think I want Tebow as a backup on my fantasy team next year.

I concur Jarvis, I am looking at going something like Freeman/Tebow combo and I think that combo will produce just fine, for 8th+ rnd QB's