Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

:ninja: Kellen Moore :ninja:

He's coming out next year. I'd place him in the 2nd or 3rd round next year in early speculation.

Not sure how accurrate this is or where this info was compiled from but here are some players rumored to be targets of the Seahawks:

Seattle Seahawks

Dwayne Harris, WR, East Carolina

Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami

Courtney Smith, WR, S. Alabama

Mason Foster, LB, Washington

Jarvis Jenkins, DL, Clemson

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/26/1957274/rumor-has-it-who-your-team-is-targeting-in-the-draft-senior-bowl#storyjump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Iv8LQ12a4

Not sure how accurrate this is or where this info was compiled from but here are some players rumored to be targets of the Seahawks:

Seattle Seahawks

Dwayne Harris, WR, East Carolina

Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami

Courtney Smith, WR, S. Alabama

Mason Foster, LB, Washington

Jarvis Jenkins, DL, Clemson

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/26/1957274/rumor-has-it-who-your-team-is-targeting-in-the-draft-senior-bowl#storyjump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Iv8LQ12a4

I pray to God that these aren't first round targets of the Seahawks. I don't have any of them in the top 50 prospects thus far.

After AJ Green and Julio Jones, I don't think there is another WR worthy or going in the first round at this point; I have Hankerson going before the other two guys, but I like Dwayne Harris more. Mason Foster put up a bunch of numbers playing for a bad defense; he could be another Hawthorne. Jarvis Jenkins is OK, doesn't sack anybody, but taking him in the 2nd round might even be a reach.

Hey Philly, what do you think of Titus Young out of Boise State? Skinny deep-threat that scored a couple long TD's in the senior bowl. I've heard comparisons to Johnny Knox.

I've watched more Boise State football then any other team, and while he always impressed me, I always see a Patrick Willis breaking him in half in the pros.

Hey Philly, what do you think of Titus Young out of Boise State? Skinny deep-threat that scored a couple long TD's in the senior bowl. I've heard comparisons to Johnny Knox.

I've watched more Boise State football then any other team, and while he always impressed me, I always see a Patrick Willis breaking him in half in the pros.

I tend to not get overexcited by post season bowls and combine results in affecting where players get drafted. I don't have Titus Young going in the first 3 rounds, just barely. Possession receiver, size isn't great. A better version of Deon Butler.

I keep hearing that he's a poor mans desean jackson comparison. So johnny knox seems like a good fit to me.

I love Moore, so I've watched alot of Boise too. And I think I'd rather stick with Butler.

I'd like to really see what Tate and Butler can do this year.

He's coming out next year. I'd place him in the 2nd or 3rd round next year in early speculation.

I didn't realise he didn't declare.

Damn redshirts always throw me off.

No Luck. No Moore. And Locker didn't step up to the plate like I'd hoped he would.

:thumbsdown: I'll pass on a QB this year, Thanks.

I didn't realise he didn't declare.

Damn redshirts always throw me off.

No Luck. No Moore. And Locker didn't step up to the plate like I'd hoped he would.

:thumbsdown: I'll pass on a QB this year, Thanks.

With the 25th pick there probably wont be any left anyways. Ponder in the 2nd? :dunno:

With the 25th pick there probably wont be any left anyways. Ponder in the 2nd? :dunno:

I have to agree with Kopy. I think they should pass on a QB this year (unless something crazy happens and one of the top guys falls to 25). If they want to pursue Carson Palmer, meh, I'd be ok with it. But in the end this team has so many holes that a QB isn't going to fix everything.

I have to agree with Kopy. I think they should pass on a QB this year (unless something crazy happens and one of the top guys falls to 25). If they want to pursue Carson Palmer, meh, I'd be ok with it. But in the end this team has so many holes that a QB isn't going to fix everything.

I want no part of Palmer. If Carroll thinks his career is salvageable, I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Leinart in to camp as "competition".

I understand the direction of the team is now focused on the running game, with Hass acting as a veteran stopgap until the line is built up. I just dont want to be the only team in the division standing around holding our d!cks without a QB in development. The price we pay for getting the chance to whip New Orleans ass, but I'm still going to b!tch about it.

The price we pay for getting the chance to whip New Orleans ass, but I'm still going to b!tch about it.

You and me both. I think we were the only two who favored missing the playoffs. The NO win was sweet but picking 25th sucks balls.

You and me both. I think we were the only two who favored missing the playoffs. The NO win was sweet but picking 25th sucks balls.

So does not having a 3rd round pick :lol:

HAHAHAHAAH

Hey maybe you guys will trade for Kolb!!!

I'd like that for the right price. Hopefully it would be followed up with news of a dead pitbull found on Vick's property. :banana:

HAHAHAHAAH

Hey maybe you guys will trade for Kolb!!!

Your organization is a mess. The front office is hiring Andy Reid's staff while the walrus sits on a beach farting. The cupboard is bereft of talent, especially on defense. Andy Reid now takes over for Jeff Fisher as the longest tenured coach, and with an added bonus, with zero results.

You should consider starting a conversation on the sorry state of your team and the critical offseason as your team desperately needs to rebuild yet again but is in denial. You might get enough interest to get two pages of posts by the end of the summer.

I'd like that for the right price. Hopefully it would be followed up with news of a dead pitbull found on Vick's property. :banana:

Kevin Kolb can't play if he gets pressured. You need a very good pass blocking line in front of him. As bad as the Eagles's offensive line is, Seattle's is worse.

Eagles want at least a first round pick for him. Considering that our first round pick is at #25, it isn't the worst thing in the world. I can't remember where I read it, but if remember correctly, something like 9 out of the last 28 first round QB picks were not busts. That means a sh!tload of top picks on QBs are salary cap eating monsters. Free agency and trades should be explored, as I'm feeling less and less optimistic about this QB class this year in the draft and the perception that a lot of teams will reach for a QB early in the draft just to shove a player into a need spot. Draft best player available. Period.

Kevin Kolb can't play if he gets pressured. You need a very good pass blocking line in front of him. As bad as the Eagles's offensive line is, Seattle's is worse.

Eagles want at least a first round pick for him. Considering that our first round pick is at #25, it isn't the worst thing in the world. I can't remember where I read it, but if remember correctly, something like 9 out of the last 28 first round QB picks were not busts. That means a sh!tload of top picks on QBs are salary cap eating monsters. Free agency and trades should be explored, as I'm feeling less and less optimistic about this QB class this year in the draft and the perception that a lot of teams will reach for a QB early in the draft just to shove a player into a need spot. Draft best player available. Period.

It doesn't matter, somebody with a higher pick will want Kolb. I'd spend the 25th pick and not a penny more.

Your organization is a mess. The front office is hiring Andy Reid's staff while the walrus sits on a beach farting. The cupboard is bereft of talent, especially on defense. Andy Reid now takes over for Jeff Fisher as the longest tenured coach, and with an added bonus, with zero results.

You should consider starting a conversation on the sorry state of your team and the critical offseason as your team desperately needs to rebuild yet again but is in denial. You might get enough interest to get two pages of posts by the end of the summer.

One of the youngest teams in the NFL just won 10 games with a new QB at the helm, in a rebuilding year.

Yeah, things look awful.

:rolleyes:

One of the youngest teams in the NFL just won 10 games with a new QB at the helm, in a rebuilding year.

Yeah, things look awful.

It's the Eagles, they'll find a way to fock it up. :lol:

Yeah, things look awful.

Who gives a fock. This isn't an Eagles thread. Now STFU :music_guitarred:

The NFL already has a successful NFL team in the state of Pennsylvania. Since the Eagles are basically the East Coast Seahawks with far more history and just as much success I think its time Roger Goodell considers contraction. Their fans are a disgusting, drunken, methed-out blight on the league anyways.

As Goodell announces it on national television, I'd like to see Michael Irvin applauding in the background. :banana:

The NFL already has a successful NFL team in the state of Pennsylvania. Since the Eagles are basically the East Coast Seahawks with far more history and just as much success I think its time Roger Goodell considers contraction. Their fans are a disgusting, drunken, methed-out blight on the league anyways.

As Goodell announces it on national television, I'd like to see Michael Irvin applauding in the background. :banana:

and Santa Claus pelting Eagles fans in the head with ice balls. :cheers:

Who gives a fock. This isn't an Eagles thread. Now STFU :music_guitarred:

Check the 3 posts before this one.

Are you sure it's not an Eagles thread?

:banana:

Check the 3 posts before this one.

Are you sure it's not an Eagles thread?

I guess that stereotype about Eagles fans isn't just a stereotype after all.

I guess that stereotype about Eagles fans isn't just a stereotype after all.

The stereotype of us being passionate and knowledgable?

Thanks

Hey fellas. How do right tackles look in the draft?

I'm very bad at judging oline. Unlike qb/rb/wr. I'm not sure really what i'm supposed to be looking for when I see those kids.

I'm imagining Okung LT

Sign FA Gallery at LG

Resign Spencer at C

RG Unger comes off of I.R.

Then with that 1st rounder grab a RT?

I'm not sure if there's guys there or not. But that would be a great line.

Pair it with Lynch/Forsett at RB

Resign Robinson at FB and Hass at QB.

Even though we wouldn't have a QB of the future, and not too sure what we'd be looking at; at TE and WR. I believe thats a pretty d@mn good start.

Thoughts?

I'm very bad at judging oline. Unlike qb/rb/wr. I'm not sure really what i'm supposed to be looking for when I see those kids.

I'm imagining Okung LT

Sign FA Gallery at LG

Resign Spencer at C

Even though we wouldn't have a QB of the future, and not too sure what we'd be looking at; at TE and WR. I believe thats a pretty d@mn good start.

Thoughts?

From what I hear this is a pretty weak draft for tackles and we would probably be best served finding a RT later in the draft.

Most the mocks I've seen have us going with a D-lineman.

Allen Bailey

Phil Taylor - This guy intrigues me, always a sucker for adding beef to the D-line. PhillyLack?

This one has Locker falling to 25 - I think he'll be a Redskin

I've also seen Corey Luiget's name in mocks.

I'm hoping a QB or corner slides to us.

I'm imagining Okung LT

Sign FA Gallery at LG

Resign Spencer at C

Thoughts?

From what I have heard this is a pretty good class for OTs. I think we are on the same page with regards to this draft. This team needs the following: DE, CB, OL, QB (not in any particular order). Now, I was listening to XM the otherr day ansd they were discussing the QBs. According to, I believe it was Adam Caplan, other than Blaine Gabbert, there is no first round talent at QB. If that is true, and that is the way the draft boards see this QB class, the Hawks could possibly get a QB in rd 2. That means the Hawks should be looking for the best player at either OL, DE, or CB in rd 1.

I like your OL scenario although I honestly don't think Unger will make the team this year. But resign Spencer and if they can bring in Gallery, that would be huge. If the Hawks lose Mebane, we will need a DT badly. LBs are set, although I think Curry is a bust. The secondary is decimated. I think Chancellor and Thomas are our SS and FS next year. Thurmond, Trufant and a new CB will be the top 3 CBs. I think we have to look OL, DT/DE and CB at pick # 25.

I'm imagining Okung LT

Sign FA Gallery at LG

Resign Spencer at C

Thoughts?

Okung is etched in stone. A Pro Bowler, short of injury.

Gallery would be a nice, and we have tons of money, but who knows what FA will look like after a new contract, and is Gallery a late bloomer, or a guy playing hard in a contract year. Only Cable knows for sure. But, damn, it would be nice to dream of Walter Jones/Steve Hutchinson Part II with Okung and Gallery pancaking the left side.

Spencer, see Gallery above. Contract year wonder? The guy has sucked for so long. I'm not convinced he can make the line adjustments to be an adequate starting center.

Unger? I'm not convinced he is better than Spencer. He was moved off center to allow us to take one last look at Spencer this year. So, I guess it's a domino. Spencer stays, Unger goes. Spencer goes, Unger stays. One of them is starting at center next year. The other is probably gone. I don't care if that someone isn't a drive blocker. Just make the right calls at the line to pick up the blitzers. I admit that I hate to give up on Unger because I clearly liked him when we drafted him. Spencer, never cared for him, and cursed up and down wasting a 1st rounder on him.

With the rest of the chaff, most of the older guys that we signed for Alex Gibbs will be let go. A couple of the churn signings were OK and might be back. I guarantee that Locklear and Andrews are goooooooone. All in all, Cable is so incredibly important in remolding this terrible line. Which has undergone so many injuries the last half decade, it makes you want to weep.

From what I understand, the front offices that Schneider has been a part of seem to draft offensive linemen with their first round pick around 2/3 of the time. And we did go Okung last year. OL is on the radar in the first for sure. But value, value, value above all else.

From what I hear this is a pretty weak draft for tackles and we would probably be best served finding a RT later in the draft.

Most the mocks I've seen have us going with a D-lineman.

Allen Bailey

Phil Taylor - This guy intrigues me, always a sucker for adding beef to the D-line. PhillyLack?

This one has Locker falling to 25 - I think he'll be a Redskin

I've also seen Corey Luiget's name in mocks.

I'm hoping a QB or corner slides to us.

Allen Bailey DE - possible first round pick, about where the Seahawks will draft. Can't overpower guys on the outside and gets stood up a lot. Has good quickness on the inside and can slip past interior linemen. Versatile, but don't do anything spectacular. Don't have a defined role for what he can play in the NFL. I'm not that excited, unless they have a LEO or some kind of hybrid position designed for him.

Phil Taylor DT - completely a wildcard. Got run out of town from squeaky clean Penn St program, struggled in Baylor until his final season. Lost weight, became motivated, and became a guy you had to specifically game plan around neutralizing. Didn't have him better that late 3rd, but he is a guy with a lot of buzz, and he will probably get taken way before his draft value. I would not spent a first on him, but I would consider a 2nd. He'll be gone. I don't believe in sky rocketing a guy based on bowls and combines. Nudge, but not much more.

Locker QB - I'm just about off him completely. Bad mechanics to begin with. Lots of intangibles. But the accuracy of his throws are just so much worse with added scrutiny. This guy I'm ready to nudge, nudge, nudge down my draft sheet. He'll go before his draft value. Pass on him.

Corey Luiget DT - I like this guy quite a bit. Likely first round pick, could very well be available at #25. Demands double teams, solid vs run with low base of gravity. Leadership guy. Only real knock is that he isn't the fastest guy in the world. Good technique player.

From what I have heard this is a pretty good class for OTs. I think we are on the same page with regards to this draft. This team needs the following: DE, CB, OL, QB (not in any particular order). Now, I was listening to XM the otherr day ansd they were discussing the QBs. According to, I believe it was Adam Caplan, other than Blaine Gabbert, there is no first round talent at QB. If that is true, and that is the way the draft boards see this QB class, the Hawks could possibly get a QB in rd 2. That means the Hawks should be looking for the best player at either OL, DE, or CB in rd 1.

I like your OL scenario although I honestly don't think Unger will make the team this year. But resign Spencer and if they can bring in Gallery, that would be huge. If the Hawks lose Mebane, we will need a DT badly. LBs are set, although I think Curry is a bust. The secondary is decimated. I think Chancellor and Thomas are our SS and FS next year. Thurmond, Trufant and a new CB will be the top 3 CBs. I think we have to look OL, DT/DE and CB at pick # 25.

I think that I agree with a lot of this.

Other than LB, RB, and special teams, we could use help everywhere. I would throw in WR as a need area too. Do Mike Williams, Obamanu, and Stokely keep a defensive coordinator awake at night? You have to move the chains to keep the defense off the field.

I think that I agree with a lot of this.

Other than LB, RB, and special teams, we could use help everywhere. I would throw in WR as a need area too. Do Mike Williams, Obamanu, and Stokely keep a defensive coordinator awake at night? You have to move the chains to keep the defense off the field.

Sidney Rice!