Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

you offered no supporting evidence to back up your implication.

didn't he?

not to start another pissing match with you (you'll do it anyway) but he did.

wether you agree or disagree with his line of thinking doesn't matter in the least and certainly doesn't magically mean he offered no concrete line of thinking. I know that is your go to move, but you need to add something new to your bag of tricks.

didn't he?

not to start another pissing match with you (you'll do it anyway) but he did.

wether you agree or disagree with his line of thinking doesn't matter in the least and certainly doesn't magically mean he offered no concrete line of thinking. I know that is your go to move, but you need to add something new to your bag of tricks.

He offered his opinion, which is hardly expert. Thanks for playing.

A few points of clarification for you:

1-You came into the thread intending to get into a pissing contest, hence your opening statement.

2- You implied that by getting the Hawks' job so quickly that some how Bevell wasn't qualified. Now, that may or may not be true; however, you offered no supporting evidence to back up your implication.

3- You again show that you have the mental makeup of a pvssy and the sense of humor of rock. I did not bash you one bit. I simply wondered why a person with so much knowledge of the new O-coordinator wouldn't be consulted (it was minor sarcasm and as usual, you missed it). If you want to take that as bashing, I can't help you.

4- I don't care who likes or dislikes me. Irrelevant.

5- You shouldn't throw stones because you are not exactly Mr. Popular either here or at Football Gays. Just sayin... :rolleyes:

6- The Packers are playing this week. Please try to stick to those threads. TIA

1 - my opening statement shows I did not want to come in here for that moron.

2 - I implied nothing more than I was surprised he got one so quickly as he did not exactly light it up in Minny really.

3 - mental makeup? humor? Nothing in your post was funny, nor mentally challenging. It was your usual toolish response to people in these threads.

4 - sure you don't.

5 - blah blah blah

6 - Yes they are...last time I checked though, I can freely click in any thread I wanted to. Get the hell over it. You have been this way for a few years now, get pissy at anyone who comes into a Seahawks thread and says anything negative...you can't help it, you simply are a focking a$$hat.

6 - Yes they are...last time I checked though, I can freely click in any thread I wanted to. Get the hell over it. You have been this way for a few years now, get pissy at anyone who comes into a Seahawks thread and says anything negative...you can't help it, you simply are a focking a$$hat.

F@ghawker can dish it out but he can't take it. He's got to be the thinnest-skinned poster on this entire forearm. :music_guitarred:

Things we've learned in this thread thus far:

1) Hawks have done nothing exciting

2) Flahawker loves the c0ck

:banana:

1 - my opening statement shows I did not want to come in here for that moron. (riiiiggghhtttt)

2 - I implied nothing more than I was surprised he got one so quickly as he did not exactly light it up in Minny really.

So like I said, Bevell gets no credit the year they lit it up beacsue then it was all Favre, but last year, despite all the injuries and the HC turmoil, he gets all the blame. That makes sense! :rolleyes:

3 - mental makeup? humor? Nothing in your post was funny, nor mentally challenging. It was your usual toolish response to people in these threads.

No it was my usual response to you becasue well, you know

4 - sure you don't.

Link to me caring? :rolleyes:

5 - blah blah blah

Truth hurts, huh? :rolleyes:

That's right you can freely click on any thread you want, just as I can. But do you see me in any Packer threads insulting the Packers? :rolleyes: Oh so let me see if I totally understand you. You an come into a Seahawk thread, my Seahawk thread, and be negative about MY team, but I can't be negative back towards you? Gotcha! So basically you should be allowed to shite all over my team and not have any Hawk fan address it? :lol: You are dumb!

So, despite the disclaimer that I was not here to get into a pissing match...and me offering up an opinion as to being surprised that Bevell landed a job so quick...you still acted like the complete fockstick you are and pulled your normal routine without really discussing Bevell (beyond insinuating I said things that I never did).

Awesome...

Awesome...

So despite your team playing in a championship game you think it's more improtant to live in a Seahawks thread spewing negative comments about the team. Awesome...

I don't care what we do.

Upgrade the defence. Get a Wide Reciever. Get a QB of the future, wait another year to get a QB. Hire this coordinator, hire that coordinator.

We're only going to be in year 2 of our rebuild. And only Carroll's first year in knowing exactly what he has, and the direction he needs to go.

I'm fine with going with the flow, and just watching what they do without offering up my couch potato non expertise.

*But I think it's imperative we resign Hass for another year or 2.

** And for the love of god. Can we finally fix our o-line!!!

Cable's a good start. And he comes from the Gibbs coaching tree. So, so far A+ work.

But lets get some players here.

Seahawks sign five to futures contracts

Posted by Danny O'Neil

The Seahawks announced they have signed five players to futures contracts: TE Dominique Byrd, DB Brandon Browner, DE A.J. Schable, WRs Patrick Williams and Dominique Edison. Edison and Williams spent time on the Seahawks' practice squad this season.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2013996989_seahawks_sign_f_2.html

TE Dominique Byrd, DB Brandon Browner, DE A.J. Schable, WRs Patrick Williams and Dominique Edison. Edison and Williams spent time on the Seahawks' practice squad this season.

And the merry-go-round starts to spin.

Brandon Browner was a pretty dam good cover corner back for Calgary in the CFL. Has good size, 6'4". Lacks discipline and takes dumb penalties and tackling ability is mediocre. This guy should make the final roster next year.

Dominique Byrd is a USC grad and has very good hands. Can't block a hat rack. But, throw him in the mix. We didn't see much out of Anthony McCoy this year, so healthy competition at TE is a plus. Carlson and Morrah are mediocre. Say goodbye to Chris Baker.

Don't know much about Schable other than he was probably the best Defensive End in South Dakota history.

So despite your team playing in a championship game you think it's more improtant to live in a Seahawks thread spewing negative comments about the team. Awesome...

Out of 96 posts, I now have 6.

I hardly call that "living" in a Seahawks thread.

And I don't recall saying anything negative about the "team"...just surprise the OC got a job so quickly.

And of course, you can't help being the cackface you are.

Out of 96 posts, I now have 6.

I hardly call that "living" in a Seahawks thread.

And I don't recall saying anything negative about the "team"...just surprise the OC got a job so quickly.

And of course, you can't help being the cackface you are.

This is my last reply to your stupidity.

He offered his opinion, which is hardly expert. Thanks for playing.

he has some knowledge of the guy...

hint: few people around here offer truely expert opinions. This is a place to share our own opinions and hopefully people offer solid reasoning.

quoting the fieldgulls blog is hardly giving anyone expert opinion.

No he doesn't...

You are such a little focking poosey.

The perfect spokesman for a poosey franchise.

Well done

You are such a little focking poosey.

The perfect spokesman for a poosey franchise.

Well done

And you are very obviously obsessed with him. Sweet Jesus, get a hobby or something :rolleyes:

No he doesn't...

Really? So I didn't watch him during his career as QB of the Badgers?

I didn't know he was the QB coach for the Packers?

I haven't watched any of the Vikings play the past few years as he was their OC?

Interesting....well, not really.

And you are very obviously obsessed with him. Sweet Jesus, get a hobby or something :rolleyes:

This is my hobby

Really? So I didn't watch him during his career as QB of the Badgers?

I didn't know he was the QB coach for the Packers?

I haven't watched any of the Vikings play the past few years as he was their OC?

Interesting....well, not really.

I think its alittle tough to predict how he'll do.

He had a washed up Brad Johnson, who wasn't to special to begin with. A washed up Gus Frerotte who was a never was. Tarvaris Jackson is a backup up at best. And 2 years of Brett Farve crammed down his throat. And a head coach (who called the offense) who shouldn't even be a coordinater never mind head coach.(I never realised until recently that Reid called the plays during his time in Phily).

All this leading the O, and yet they were never really too bad.

He's got to get some credit for not even blowing his head off after all that.

I didn't know Bates was such a tough guy for others to work with. So if the new guy can come in and work with both Carroll, and Cable(huge pickup for us). And everyone can co exist. Then we're already better off than what we were a year ago.

I think its alittle tough to predict how he'll do.

He had a washed up Brad Johnson, who wasn't to special to begin with. A washed up Gus Frerotte who was a never was. Tarvaris Jackson is a backup up at best. And 2 years of Brett Farve crammed down his throat. And a head coach (who called the offense) who shouldn't even be a coordinater never mind head coach.(I never realised until recently that Reid called the plays during his time in Phily).

All this leading the O, and yet they were never really too bad.

He's got to get some credit for not even blowing his head off after all that.

I didn't know Bates was such a tough guy for others to work with. So if the new guy can come in and work with both Carroll, and Cable(huge pickup for us). And everyone can co exist. Then we're already better off than what we were a year ago.

Exactly. I thought Bates did a good job with little talent on that offense to work with; needless to say I was a bit suprised he was fired over Bradley. There is just no way any fan can truly know much about what goes on. To say you know Bevell just because you watched a few Packer and Vikings games is just absurd. It's even more absurd when a certain poster blames Bevell for the Vikes 2010 and gives him no credit for 2009. :thumbsdown:

Free Agent Robert Gallery

Tom Cable and Robert Gallery have a strong working relationship and word on the street is that the two would like to reunite in Seattle. Woo hoo, right? Maybe. Free agents are a mixed bag. Tim Ruskell had a habit of signing past their prime free agents to expensive contracts: Patrick Kerney, Julian Peterson, Joe Jurevicius, Nate Burleson, Deon Grant, Deion Branch, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Andre Dyson, Mike Wahle, Jamie Sharper. Most of those players were nearing or past thirty. Some had extensive injury histories. Most contributed but few contributed for more than a year or two. Many became hindrances before retiring, being cut or traded.

So what's the story with Gallery? Well he's thirty and turns 31 in July. So that's a black mark. Gallery missed time with a hamstring injury in 2010 and missed time with a broken fibula in 2009. Neither injury concerns me too terribly much, but he did miss time, the hamstring injury could recur, and so that should be factored into his contract. He cost between 2.6 and 6.8 million against the cap from 2004 to 2009. That's pricey and I would hope Seattle could sign him for less. Gallery is a guard, which might help his longevity, but though guards peak late and can maintain a high level of play into their mid-thirties, it's not guaranteed.

Gallery is quick, athletic and huge. Speed helps stave off decline and size defies decline. After busting as a left tackle, Cable moved him to left guard and revived his career. Gallery has been a guard since 2007, and in that time has developed a reputation as an under appreciated talent. The Raiders are underrepresented in my library of game tape. I have only three games from this season. If Seattle does sign Gallery, we can do a more thorough breakdown, but I wanted to give him a quick look and provide a quick and dirty scouting report. So I watched him work against Colin Cole, Kentwan Balmer and the Seattle Seahawks in week 11. That should be a pretty easy matchup and one we could expect Gallery to succeed against.

First thing I notice is Gallery is quick off the snap. That's pretty much essential. Despite his height, he keeps a good pad level. He had little trouble getting under and standing up Balmer, but also was able to win leverage against Craig Terrill and Cole. He doesn't, however, show a lot of power as a drive blocker. Both Terrill and Cole battled him to a standstill, and that's not flattering. He also seems to struggle some with his hand fighting, and I expect him to lose some blocks, allow some interior pressure and/or be forced to hold. But he's not a bad pass blocker and he doesn't get driven back. It's just not a standout ability. Gallery also seems to end up on the turf quite a bit. Not sure what that's about.

What makes Gallery interesting is his ability to block on the move. He moves very well and, more importantly, squares and strikes with authority when blocking in space. He does a good job of running to and intersecting his assignment, but he also does a good job looking for people to block and staying active. For lack of a better way to put it, Gallery is pretty nasty. He plays to the whistle, blindsides defenders, and displays the hustle, fire and aggression of a great run blocker. From a more nuts and bolts perspective, Gallery is prompt moving into the second level and doesn't lag like say Max Unger. He reach blocks and combo blocks well. And he doesn't lose many blocks once he's locked in on the second level.

Seattle needs talent at guard, and if it wants to improve its ability to run the ball and potentially wants to build its offense through running the ball, Gallery could contribute towards that cause. There's reason for reservation, too. He's at the brink of old, even for a guard. There's some injury history. He doesn't look like a superstar talent, and free agency tends to force teams to overspend. But as long as the contract is reasonable, signing Gallery could mean adding a quality player at a position of maximum need.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/

Assessing Need: Offensive Line

Since we're talking Robert Gallery and improving the run game, I thought we should take a quick look at what the Seahawks have and what the Seahawks need on the offensive line to achieve that presumed goal.

Left tackle

Starter: Russell Okung

Backup: Tyler Polumbus

Depth: William Robinson, Chester Pitts, Ray Willis

Need: Not great but not to be ignored.

Okung missed time as a rookie and high ankle sprains are notorious for recurrence. When he was in, he flashed franchise caliber talent. Filling in for Okung, Polumbus kept his nose clean as a pass blocker but contributed little as a run blocker. He's a restricted free agent this offseason and could be signed as depth, but it's minimal depth--something a bit above replacement level. Robinson's is a project. He was way too thin coming out of San Diego State. Has he grown? Maybe, but probably not. Pitts ended the season on injured reserve. In many ways he's still recovering from microfracture knee surgery. It was heartening to see him take the field, but Pitts shouldn't be counted on. Willis lacks the quickness to be a left tackle. I'd rather he push for starts at right tackle.

Guard

Starters: Vacant

In the mix: Max Unger, Polumbus, Pitts, Stacy Andrews, Mike Gibson

Need: No starter, no developmental talent outside of Unger, and little quality depth; the Seahawks need to add a guard assuming that guard will start, and at least one more guard that can compete for snaps.

In this case, I don't think there's good reason to separate left and right guard. Seattle very well may need both. Andrews is under contract through 2014, but he was miserably bad, especially as a run blocker and was eventually benched in favor of Gibson. Gibson is under contract through next season and will probably be invited to camp to compete. I anticipate Unger will take over at center, but if he doesn't, he's no lock to start. The emphasis on the run game could help, because Unger moves well, but that's about as positive as I can be about Unger. He's looked consistently physically overmatched in his short professional career.

Center

Starter: Vacant

In the mix: Unger

Need: Depends entirely on whether Seattle re-signs Chris Spencer and/or intends for Unger to start. Could be a need, but it could be a need that's internally filled.

Unger hasn't seen many professional snaps at center, but I worry about his power and ability to match against nose tackles, over tackles, and, well, defensive linemen. He just hasn't looked good, and though I understand he's cheap insomuch that his contract is cheap, and he's expensive insomuch that he cost a second round pick and Seattle doesn't want to give up on him, the Seahawks have no good reason to count on him either. So, depending on what Cable and Carroll think about Spencer, and what Spencer thinks about the Seahawks, this could be a pressing need or no need at all.

Right Tackle

Starter: Sean Locklear

Backup: Polumbus, Willis

In the mix: Breno Giacomini, Andrews, Pitts

Need: Locklear was Seattle's worst regular offensive lineman and among the worst starting right tackles in the NFL. He once was talented, and that talent would seemingly match him well with a zone blocking scheme, but after a raft of injuries and two very down seasons, Seattle would be foolish not to upgrade. Even talent isn't eternal.

Willis is probably the best internal option, and the presence of Willis and Polumbus means Seattle is not really in need, at least from a depth standpoint. But the talent is thin and it wouldn't surprise me if Seattle selected a tackle early, mindful both of Okung's injury history and the dearth of depth at left tackle, and also that right tackle, someone like Gabe Carimi, could be best available talent at 25. Carimi's a powerhouse and a good fit for a run first team.

Exactly. I thought Bates did a good job with little talent on that offense to work with; needless to say I was a bit suprised he was fired over Bradley. There is just no way any fan can truly know much about what goes on. To say you know Bevell just because you watched a few Packer and Vikings games is just absurd. It's even more absurd when a certain poster blames Bevell for the Vikes 2010 and gives him no credit for 2009. :thumbsdown:

Nobody said I "knew" him...they said I had some knowledge about the guy.

You were wrong...we all know it, its ok to admit it.

Whats funny is you claim I blame him for 2010 and give him no credit at all for 2009.

Things I never actually did. Not shocking your resort to spin and lies to try and act as if you know any damn thing.

Nobody said I "knew" him...they said I had some knowledge about the guy.

You were wrong...we all know it, its ok to admit it.

Whats funny is you claim I blame him for 2010 and give him no credit at all for 2009.

Things I never actually did. Not shocking your resort to spin and lies to try and act as if you know any damn thing.

So much for the spin and lies:

They had a nice offensive year in 2009 (though, it seems more due to Favre playing out of his mind than anything else).

:lol: Now move on asspipe.

So much for the spin and lies:

:lol: Now move on asspipe.

You proved my point.

You claimed that I blame "Bevell for the Vikes 2010 and gives him no credit for 2009."

Saying its more due to Favre playing out of his mind than anything else is not giving the guy no credit.

As I said, its your spin and lies...which is not a new tactic for you.

Things we've learned in this thread thus far:

1) Hawks have done nothing exciting

2) Flahawker loves the c0ck

:doublethumbsup:

You proved my point.

You claimed that I blame "Bevell for the Vikes 2010 and gives him no credit for 2009."

Saying its more due to Favre playing out of his mind than anything else is not giving the guy no credit.

As I said, its your spin and lies...which is not a new tactic for you.

Riiiggghhhttt. Word games. :rolleyes: The slowpuff merry go round begins.

Riiiggghhhttt. Word games. :rolleyes: The slowpuff merry go round begins.

Hah...the one playing word games is you...claiming things were said that weren't...its not the first time you have done it either.

Enjoy the hawks though I guess...

Hah...the one playing word games is you...claiming things were said that weren't...its not the first time you have done it either.

Enjoy the hawks though I guess...

Here we go 'round the mulberry bush,

The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush.

Here we go 'round the mulberry bush,

So early in the morning.

This is the way we wash our clothes,

We wash our clothes, we wash our clothes.

This is the way we wash our clothes,

So early Monday morning.

This is the way we iron our clothes,

We iron our clothes, we iron our clothes.

This is the way we iron our clothes,

So early Tuesday morning.

This is the way we scrub the floor,

We scrub the floor, we scrub the floor.

This is the way we scrub the floor,

So early Wednesday morning.

This is the way we mend our clothes,

We mend our clothes, we mend our clothes.

This is the way we mend our clothes,

So early Thursday morning.

This is the way we sweep the house,

We sweep the house, we sweep the house.

This is the way we sweep the house,

So early Friday morning.

This is the way we bake our bread,

We bake our bread, we bake our bread.

This is the way we bake our bread,

So early Saturday morning.

This is the way we go to church,

We go to church, we go to church.

This is the way we go to church,

So early Sunday morning.

Phillybear, what is your take on Colin Kaepernick?

Played his whole career out of the Pistol offense at Nevada, very good rushing QB, mobility is superb, very inconsistent arm, bad mechanics in his throwing motion, really raw, needs time to learn the position of NFL QB. Like reading defenses from under center and shotgut. He has some raw skills. Some. Probably a 5th to 6th round pick value at this point, but who knows how the teams are valuing QBs this early and the draft is still a ways away. Call him a wildcat QB at this point, maybe a Brad Smith type, but with upside. But I like him more than Cam Newton.

I was a big fan of that Nevada offense. Easily the most explosive offense in the WAC since Colt Brennan and June Jone left Hawaii.

Played his whole career out of the Pistol offense at Nevada, very good rushing QB, mobility is superb, very inconsistent arm, bad mechanics in his throwing motion, really raw, needs time to learn the position of NFL QB. Like reading defenses from under center and shotgut. He has some raw skills. Some. Probably a 5th to 6th round pick value at this point, but who knows how the teams are valuing QBs this early and the draft is still a ways away. Call him a wildcat QB at this point, maybe a Brad Smith type, but with upside. But I like him more than Cam Newton.

I was a big fan of that Nevada offense. Easily the most explosive offense in the WAC since Colt Brennan and June Jone left Hawaii.

:ninja: Kellen Moore :ninja:

I like this Tom Cable fella:

O-line in for 'rude awakening' as far as tempo of practice

Posted by Danny O'Neil

Jeremy Newberry was an offensive lineman for 11 seasons in the NFL, playing many of them for Bob McKittrick, the 49ers' line coach who is considered in reverential terms around the league.

Newberry also played for Tom Cable, Seattle's new offensive line coach, and as I was interviewing Newberry for a different story I'm working on, he offered an unambiguous endorsement of Cable that I found quite compelling.

"Tom Cable, as an offensive line coach, ranks up there with any of the best ones I've ever been under," Newberry said. "His passion for the game, I think. He truly, truly loves line play. He wants to be a line coach. These guys are in for a rude awakening as far as the tempo of practice and how they're going to work under him. The guy is intense as hell. He cares about what he does. He loves his players, but it's going to be a rude awakening because the tempo, you can't wait to go to team drills and 9-on-7 just to get a break from individual with that guy. They're going to work their (hindparts) off for him."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2014047223_o-line_in_for_r_1.html

:thumbsup: