Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Can any of you toothless shitbags recommend a kickass book to read?

Given the intelligence record of your posts.............I can recommend:

Green Eggs and Ham.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

If you are in to History, I'd highly recommend:

Manhunt: The 12 day chase for Lincoln's killer

James Swanson

If I did it by OJ Simpson

If you are in to History, I'd highly recommend:

Manhunt: The 12 day chase for Lincoln's killer

James Swanson

Hey how is that book? Ive eyeballed it a couple times (and tea bagged it once)...but havent quite pulled the trigger on it.

is it pretty good?

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History

Rink

Almost finished. The Comanches were focking badasses....the only native American tribe to ever push Europeans backward, they owned the Spanish for nearly 300 years, and aside from a few Texas rangers, smacked the American's around for decades.

They would raid some town, then ride off until their horse died...cut that focker open, drink the contents of the stomach, wrap the intestine around their neck and ride another horse to death as they ate the contents of the intestine.

Where a European would fire off a single musket shot each minute, they could ride at a full 30MPH gallop, fall off the side of their horse, hooking their heel over its back, and fire off 12-20 arrows from under the neck of the horse at the enemy......

You toothless shitbags have come through with some interesting selections to consider. :thumbsup:

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History

Rink

Almost finished. The Comanches were focking badasses....the only native American tribe to ever push Europeans backward, they owned the Spanish for nearly 300 years, and aside from a few Texas rangers, smacked the American's around for decades.

They would raid some town, then ride off until their horse died...cut that focker open, drink the contents of the stomach, wrap the intestine around their neck and ride another horse to death as they ate the contents of the intestine.

Where a European would fire off a single musket shot each minute, they could ride at a full 30MPH gallop, fall off the side of their horse, hooking their heel over its back, and fire off 12-20 arrows from under the neck of the horse at the enemy......

This book sounds pretty good RLLD. I might have to make a run to the bookstore. Is it a fast read? Or do you have to mull through it?

This book sounds pretty good RLLD. I might have to make a run to the bookstore. Is it a fast read? Or do you have to mull through it?

Fast read. You get excellent historical context, but in such a way as to compel you to read what comes next.....very easy to sit down and read.

Fast read. You get excellent historical context, but in such a way as to compel you to read what comes next.....very easy to sit down and read.

:thumbsup:

the dresden files by jim butcher. very good mix of fast paced popcorn fiction with some legit actual writing in it and better than all the stupid sh!t lit snobs will tell you to read

I've read the first nine. They are fun, but I'm starting to get a bit worn out. Not enough fresh stuff.

The Passage by Justin Cronin- best first 200 pages I've read since The Stand. Didn't finish perfectly strong but was a good novel.

My top five fiction:

The Stand- Stephen King

Fist of God- Frederick Forsythe

By the Rivers of Babylon- Nelson DeMille

Prince of Fire- Daniel Silva

The Second Saladin- Stephen Hunter

Like i said i like a lot of true adventure books......

Out of Captivity

Into Thin Air

Lost City of Z

To Hell on Fast Horse (Billy the Kid book)

4 tremendous books

The Second Saladin- Stephen Hunter

"Dirty White Boys" is another kick-ass book from Stephen Hunter.

Hey how is that book? Ive eyeballed it a couple times (and tea bagged it once)...but havent quite pulled the trigger on it.

is it pretty good?

I'm a history junkie and I'm particularly interested in the Lincoln era, so I might be biased, but it was one of the best historical books I've read. It's written as more of an action-adventure novel and he gives a lot of details and interesting facts that are left out of the most common recounts of the Booth story. If you are at all interested in history or Lincoln I'd say it's a must read.

Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton (his last book b4 he died).

Holy crappola I didn't know he died ! He wrote some good books.

The Great Train Robbery !!!

:pointstosky: my favorite of his.

Bringing Down the House

The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions is a book by Ben Mezrich about a group of MIT card counters commonly known as the MIT Blackjack Team.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Titanic Thompson: The Man Who Bet On Everything

Just finished this...pretty good, entertaining enough. :wave:

:thumbsup:

kutulu, check out The Financial Lives of the Poets. It's about a dude who loses his job as a business journalist and resorts to selling/smoking pot to get by. Pretty funny, smart, and well written.

Also read this one a few days ago...pretty good....hit close to home in a few ways.

Probably my favorite book evah, except it looks like the rahtard is never going to finish the series. :thumbsdown:

Did you see they've announced an actual release date for A Dance with Dragons skids? Sometime in July.

I would recommend one of the David Sedaris books if you want some comedy.

Or go with a Malcolm Gladwell book like Outliers or What the dog saw.

Rink

This is next up...about 10 pages in so far. :banana:

Did you see they've announced an actual release date for A Dance with Dragons skids? Sometime in July.

My wife saw this yesterday, 7/12. Allegedly. :rolleyes:

Apparently HBO is making a mini series for the books to date, out in April I think.

Also, a fascinating website to refresh you on the story to date is here: My link. These people have WWWAAAYYYYYY too much time on their hands. :unsure: