Sign in to follow this  
mzf5c5

Bob Sanders - Released by Colts

Just was watching it on the news and Irsay sent out a tweet. Rotonews also is reporting.

Bob is a great player, when he plays. I know there was a lot of hope we could keep him with a restructured deal, but doesn't seem like it will happen right now. I am sure a team will give him a chance, just probably won't be much money in it.

"injuries limited him to only nine regular-season appearances over the next three seasons."

He's a fine player when healthy, but, good lord - to only be available for 9 out of 51 weeks?

:dunno:

Can you do weekly contracts in the NFL?

He was such a great player. I really regret that I never got to see him play.

this just in...Bob Sanders has suffered a terrible injury due to the news. Out 6-8 weeks

this just in...Bob Sanders has suffered a terrible injury due to the news. Out 6-8 weeks

Latest update says it was his feelings that got hurt, out at least 4 months.

Latest update says it was his feelings that got hurt, out at least 4 months.

I heard he snapped a heartstring :(

I heard he snapped a heartstring :(

I heard he tripped leaving the Colts and now is out for the season!

It sucks. He is a good player, if he could actually play. Colts fears: He signs with someone else in the AFC South and never gets hurt again.

A severe risk reward player. He'd be a great addition for veteran leadership and occasional playing time, but I don't think anyone can rely on him to shore up their secondary. I'd like to believe that the Colts will attempt to re-sign him at a more manageable contract.

jets should make a play :thumbsup:

jets should make a play :thumbsup:

Was just thinking that, as I was scrolling down reading everyone's post.

Great Jets mind think alike :lol:

Was just thinking that, as I was scrolling down reading everyone's post.

Great Jets mind think alike :lol:

it was a little bit of a joke but when you think about it, it makes sense. The Jets wouldn't need to rely on him if he gets hurt. But if he can stay healthy... wow!

The Pats picked up a 31 year old safety a few seasons ago when he was thought to have been washed up. He ended up playing pretty good for them. Rodney Harrison. Sanders will be 30 next season. It would be a little revenge for Vineteri but the Pats would not overpay for him.

The Pats picked up a 31 year old safety a few seasons ago when he was thought to have been washed up. He ended up playing pretty good for them. Rodney Harrison. Sanders will be 30 next season. It would be a little revenge for Vineteri but the Pats would not overpay for him.

good point but i dont think age is the issue.

harrison didn't have the injury history sanders has.

So far, he visited the Jags today, didn't sign which makes me happy. He is visiting Buf tomorrow, which I wouldn't mind, as long as he causes problems for the Pats!! :)

Guest anotherday

So far, he visited the Jags today, didn't sign which makes me happy. He is visiting Buf tomorrow, which I wouldn't mind, as long as he causes problems for the Pats!! :)

he means something to u?

he means something to u?

When Bob plays, he is a lot of fun to watch. I actually believe, the way the Colts used him, most likely caused most of his injuries. He might actually stay healthy on the right team. I don't want to see him go to a team in the Colts division and be an issue every time we play him. If he at least goes somewhere else, I would be happy, plus I could see if he can stay healthy to watch him.

So, he is just a player I like and enjoy watching, when he plays.

Sanders visited the Jets today

Sanders visited the Jets today

Yeah, if he would stay healthy, which he most likely could in the Jets Defense, He would be a HUGE upgrade to that secondary!

Per Rotoworld:

Chargers signed SS Bob Sanders to a one-year contract. A bolt from the blue. Sanders had made visits to the Jets, Jags, and Bills, but the Chargers were never mentioned as an interested party. We're guessing the Chargers will still make it a priority to re-sign Eric Weddle at free safety, with Steve Gregory moving back to a nickel role. San Diego is a potential contender with a leadership vacuum on defense, so Sanders is worth the one-year gamble on what is likely an incentive-laden deal. Said Norv Turner, "He's healthy and he's excited about the opportunity."

I was hoping the Pats would sign him. He was the clear cut MVP of the playoffs during the Colts Super Bowl run.

I was hoping the Pats would sign him. He was the clear cut MVP of the playoffs during the Colts Super Bowl run.

Too bad he hasn't been healthy since!

Too bad he hasn't been healthy since!

ouch, that's going to leave a mark :lol:

Bob Sanders has not officially been signed by the Chargers due to the lack of a Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Link please? Here is mine: http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2789/bob-sanders

Since Bob was released, he was able to sign with any team, without a new CBA. He signed before the 4th of March, but even then they have extended it.

Link please? Here is mine: http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2789/bob-sanders

Since Bob was released, he was able to sign with any team, without a new CBA. He signed before the 4th of March, but even then they have extended it.

We've yet to see details because the transaction isn't official yet, but it likely contains per-game bonuses based on Sanders making the game-day roster healthy each week. The San Diego Union-Tribune's Nick Canepa believes Sanders can be the Bolts' next Rodney Harrison as a physical presence in the box. Assuming little money is guaranteed, it's a low-risk signing