Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Round 4 - Discussions

:wub:

Are you flirting with me? :bandana:

You ever feel the prickly things on the back of your neck? And the tiny hairs on your arm, you know when they stand up? That's me. When I get mad... it gets cold. :bandana:

robb's just keeping us all in suspense... what other reason could there be to make one of your turn picks and not the other ;)

robb's just keeping us all in suspense... what other reason could there be to make one of your turn picks and not the other ;)

Tactics....totally tactics.... :thumbsup: No way did he pick at 3.12 and bolt..... :unsure:

" robb's just keeping us all in suspense... what other reason could there be to make one of your turn picks and not the other"

The reason: The Round 4 Selection Box was not up yet! (I have to wait for it to be present before I can select)

I wanted M. Williams from Tampa Bay, but again, taken right in front om!! As for Marshall, his wife won't be on the filed so I am hoping he can out run those old football players and not get injured! I wanted a WR and I think he is the best of what is left and he is at least the main receiver who starts (bad QB situation tho).

As for Marshall, his wife won't be on the filed so I am hoping he can out run those old football players and not get injured! I wanted a WR and I think he is the best of what is left and he is at least the main receiver who starts (bad QB situation tho).

Problem with Marshall is dudes had trouble in McDonalds too! You never know when he might go off on the field and start punting footballs. Great talent with a pea size brain and overblown ego. I like 3 Wr's better.

He was definitly worth the this draft spot on talent and upside alone!!! It's all subjective stuff.

Mock is making good progress. I'm itchy

The reason: The Round 4 Selection Box was not up yet! (I have to wait for it to be present before I can select)

Or, I don't know, maybe create it yourself... lazy @ass ;)

Or, I don't know, maybe create it yourself... lazy @ass ;)

I did round two's and i bet it took me 15 minutes and 5 edits!!! :lol: I suck at compooter!

3 more wideouts picked out for this selection with Maclin my main target. He had exactly 1,000 yards last year (16 yards rushing)but he was tied for 15th overall (Rb,TE, WR)for TD's with 10. There were only 6 Wr's with more Td's. I love the offense he is on, and feel he is 1B as far as receivers go in Philly. Maclin was targeted 21 more times last year, mainly due to the 2 games DeSean missed, and the completion % between Qb and wr was 10% higher to Maclin. I feel Maclin can flourish the way he's used, with or without DeSean, but that DeSean needs Maclin on the otherside to keep defenses honest. I have said this many times this offseason so I will mention it here. I wouldn't really want DeSean as my #1 wr over the likes of Nicks, Jennings, VJax, Wallace, Wayne, Fitz, Bowe, or Williams, but in combo with Maclin as my #2, I don't know if an owner could do much better then to have them both on the same team. It works for Philly and would be Fanatsy Gold! The nice thing for V4E is he also has ADP and Manning to go along with DeSean. Colston was number two on my list, with 7 Td's and 1,000 yards. I feel he had an off year last year and could actually do better this year, especially in the TD count. His value increases in ppr leagues.

as indiana jones once said in the greatest movie to ever play on the silver screen............" i'm making this up as i go " ............literally :banana:

i think drew brees is a steal there at 3.10...a late 2nd rounder in my opinion............the offense should be as good or better..sean payton and brees have averaged over 600 passes per season the last 4 years and 32+ tds...........no brainer here.......but in all honesty i have rivers a notch below rodgers as the top qb this year........i really thought he would fall to me here and not brees

colston....regardless of the surgery...colston is in his prime and the workhorse in this offense.......it was a toss-up between he and maclin...but my gut doesnt trust vick or his ability to stay healthy

At the 3/4 turn

Tom Brady and Antonio Gates

More touchdowns......Gates will hopefully have one more year, at least, left of strong TE production. Taking the best TE near the 4th has proven to be rather rewarding for me over the last few years. Instead of getting a WR at the spot I jump on Gates and get WR-like production, in this format it equates to having three TD machines (providing I draft well at WR later)

T. Pryor is available now. Who's jumping on this now??

At the 3/4 turn

Tom Brady and Antonio Gates

More touchdowns......Gates will hopefully have one more year, at least, left of strong TE production. Taking the best TE near the 4th has proven to be rather rewarding for me over the last few years. Instead of getting a WR at the spot I jump on Gates and get WR-like production, in this format it equates to having three TD machines (providing I draft well at WR later)

Funny you mention TD machines. Actually it's quite relevant to this format. I wondered if you'd added up the td's on your team so far from last years stats. I had just done that after I took Maclin yesterday. I'm sitting at 66, with 28 Passing.

I'm here, back early from field work. So glad we got that done before it got much hotter.

Anyway, thanks for being the contingency, Mike.

Headed out for a couple hours. Sent a name to Mike. If that player is there, he will be the pick. If the player isn't there, I need to do analyze who's still left after the picks ahead of me. If it comes to that, hopefully I don't hold the draft up too much.

Headed out for a couple hours. Sent a name to Mike. If that player is there, he will be the pick. If the player isn't there, I need to do analyze who's still left after the picks ahead of me. If it comes to that, hopefully I don't hold the draft up too much.

I'm around all day so you can send the pick to me too.

I was curious to see where Finley would fall in this draft and how much people will shy away from him due to his injury last year. I firmly believe if he would've stayed healthy he would've been the top fantasy TE at the end of the season.

I was curious to see where Ryan Matthews would fall in this draft and how much people will shy away from him due to his injury last year. I firmly believe if he would've stayed healthy he would've been the top fantasy RB at the end of the season.

Yea, totally. :)

I was curious to see where Finley would fall in this draft and how much people will shy away from him due to his injury last year. I firmly believe if he would've stayed healthy he would've been the top fantasy TE at the end of the season.

His return was another reason that I chose not to take jennings at 2.04. I was favoring VJax, Jennings and fitz in that order. I couldn't couldn't pull the trigger on VJax for reasons to be discussed later. I couldn't go Jennings because of the return of Finley and other reasons which will drive his TD totals down. The Qb situation scared me from Fitz. Finley was the #1 TE on my borad regardless of the injury. I had Gates at #2.

Sorry for sniping V4E's pick and instigating the hold up. :ninja:

I like Finley a TON and think/hope he'll rebound from his injury just fine this season. Don't know if he can match Gates in TD production, but I think he can certainly best the rest. I shied away from Clark (GO HAWKEYES!) this year because of last year's injury, the emergence of his backup who I don't think will replace him, but gives them options, and frankly I'm hesitant to jump on the Indy O right now. For me this is another is the arrow up or down situation. I don't have a big hook to hang my doubt on, but my gut says wait and see. Maybe it's Manning's neck injury, maybe just the rotating door of players last year, but I have a tough time expecting the well oiled machine of the Colts O this year.

Good I'm busy at work and need some time to think on these picks. Lotta ways to go. Vikes can take his sweet time :D

Funny you mention TD machines. Actually it's quite relevant to this format. I wondered if you'd added up the td's on your team so far from last years stats. I had just done that after I took Maclin yesterday. I'm sitting at 66, with 28 Passing.

Looks like my guys had 70 total, with 36 passing....

T. Pryor is available now. Who's jumping on this now??

I wonder if that turd has an inkling of what he has done to himself.... :D

Damn, 15 minutes after I leave, everyone shows up. <_<

I'll make my pick in a couple minutes

Isn't that how it always works. I think ICE logged off yesterday 2-3 minutes before I posted RC's pick putting him otc.

Dez Bryant was the other consideration at 4.9. Nice pick. Good upside, and could certainly outweigh the value of the pick position.

I would feel much better with Witten and Dez in the 4th than I would with Miles Austin in the 3rd. Witten was found in the endzone 9 times last year and Dez 6 in limited action. The math is looking to be kind of hard on Miles.

Dez Bryant was the other consideration at 4.9. Nice pick. Good upside, and could certainly outweigh the value of the pick position.

plus he needs checks to offset debt!

sorry, i was checking in all day then got caught up in meetings.

home now and will make my selections shortly. tons of choices :doublethumbsup:

tough call here but i don't want to wait 20+ more picks before getting a 2nd RB.

Best is a home run hitter and the Lions draft doesn't scare me into thinking Best won't get the bigger share of touches. Despite Turf Toe issues, he missed only 1 game... so this is kind of the old pull and pray.

Really like Bryant this year. Last year, he looked great despite being hurt and losing his QB. If the Cowboys pull their heads out of their ***es, Bryant could easily end up being a second round pick next year.

I actually had Best ahead of Bryant on my draft list, but decided I liked the Bryant/DeAngelo Williams combo more than Best/WR.

At this turn, I wanted 2 of TE/RB/WR, in that order. With Clark, Finley, and Witten going earlier than I thought, I wasn't going to reach. I see a big dropoff at RB after Williams/Best, so with my 4.11 pick coming up, I wanted to be assured of getting one. Since they were both available, I went with the better WR since I figured WW wouldn't go RB/RB with his picks.

Really like Bryant this year. Last year, he looked great despite being hurt and losing his QB. If the Cowboys pull their heads out of their ***es, Bryant could easily end up being a second round pick next year.

I actually had Best ahead of Bryant on my draft list, but decided I liked the Bryant/DeAngelo Williams combo more than Best/WR.

At this turn, I wanted 2 of TE/RB/WR, in that order. With Clark, Finley, and Witten going earlier than I thought, I wasn't going to reach. I see a big dropoff at RB after Williams/Best, so with my 4.11 pick coming up, I wanted to be assured of getting one. Since they were both available, I went with the better WR since I figured WW wouldn't go RB/RB with his picks.

ha believe it or not i might have gone WR/WR if you hadnt selected Bryant.

i just dont see the value at RB and keeping the no hassle format in mind, it might not be a bad thing to have 4 WR's who would be number 1 or 2 guys on most fantasy teams :doublethumbsup:

I would feel much better with Witten and Dez in the 4th than I would with Miles Austin in the 3rd. Witten was found in the endzone 9 times last year and Dez 6 in limited action. The math is looking to be kind of hard on Miles.

I just noticed Miles was Ricemans #2 Wr. That'll work! :thumbsup: