Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Zach Miller on the move to Seattle

According to ESPN.com's Bill Williamson, "all indications are that the Seahawks plan on signing" free agent TE Zach Miller during his Monday visit.

Still just 25 years old, Miller fits Seattle's game plan of signing young players with ties to their coaching staff. Seahawks owner Paul Allen has deep pockets, and coach Pete Carroll has shown an impressive ability to recruit over the past two years. The Raiders have a dogfight on their hands for Miller.

Related: Seahawks

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 1, 6:18 PM

I wonder what this would do for his fantasy value?...

Edited by Mike FF Today
Update

This may be one of the only situations where leaving the Raiders actually hurts a player's value.

This may be one of the only situations where leaving the Raiders actually hurts a player's value.

S. Rice - Downgraded

Z. Miller - Downgraded

M. Williams - Downgraded

Pretty soon, all these additions might make everybody upgraded. Just saying. :D

Another nice move IF this happens for the Hawks!

Everythink is starting to fall into place and we are starting to actually gain some talent.

The only real question is at QB. Maybe the QB's will surprise? ;)

We already have three young TE's. Miller is better then Carlson, but not by a whole lot. Cameron Morrah was a surprise as a pass catching TE last season. Anthony Mccoy also seems to be pretty talented.

Miller is a good player, I just dont see the point of signing him with the other holes on the team. TE isn't a need at all.

And as far as saying Miller's value goes down by coming to Seattle....get real. If the dude can put up numbers with Jamarcus throwing to him he can put up numbers anywhere.

And as far as saying Miller's value goes down by coming to Seattle....get real. If the dude can put up numbers with Jamarcus throwing to him he can put up numbers anywhere.

Jason Campbell is significantly better than any QB on the Suckbags roster, and Zach Miller was easily the biggest receiving threat in Oakland.

I can't see this as anything but a downgrade.

S. Rice - Downgraded

Z. Miller - Downgraded

M. Williams - Downgraded

Pretty soon, all these additions might make everybody upgraded. Just saying. :D

Another nice move IF this happens for the Hawks!

Everythink is starting to fall into place and we are starting to actually gain some talent.

The only real question is at QB. Maybe the QB's will surprise? ;)

You will be surprised how much Tavaris Jackson sucks, that's almost guaranteed! :lol:

Jason Campbell is significantly better than any QB on the Suckbags roster, and Zach Miller was easily the biggest receiving threat in Oakland.

I can't see this as anything but a downgrade.

I agree he's better.

2010: 60 Rec. 685 yds 5 TD's

2008: 56 rec. 778 yds 1 TD

Jamarcus started 15 games in 2008. Miller set a career high in yardage, though his TD totals did suck. Tavaris sucks, but he's no Jamarcus Russell.

Miller should be fine no matter where he ends up.

Downgrade. He was the primary guy in Oakland but in Seattle he will have to compete with Sidney Rice and Fat Mike Williams for targets. Plus Tarvaris Jackson sucks.

Looks like it is going to happen...

ESPN's John Clayton reports that the Seahawks have agreed to terms with free agent TE Zach Miller.

Related: Raiders

Source: John Clayton on Twitter

Aug 2, 5:08 PM

Good player, but you've got to think he's off the board for this year. Sidney Rice will definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order, Mike Williams might be, and he's got hot garbage throwing to him. Aaaand John Carlson's still there, at least for this season.

Dynasty hold--or buy, if someone's pissed and ready to dump him--and redraft avoid.

Seattle is now where fantasy pass catchers go to die.

What are they doing in Seattle?????????????????????????????? Tavaris Jackson is horrible. I can't believe he's still in the NFL. He has zero accuracy.

Seattle is now where fantasy pass catchers go to die.

What are they doing in Seattle?????????????????????????????? Tavaris Jackson is horrible. I can't believe he's still in the NFL. He has zero accuracy.

Cheap veteran bridge. He knows the offense which requires a mobile QB. I don't like him but there werent a lot of other options. At least they have a lot of huge targets for him to throw at.

Also, don't rule out Carson Palmer. He wants to be in Seattle.

Cheap veteran bridge. He knows the offense which requires a mobile QB. I don't like him but there werent a lot of other options. At least they have a lot of huge targets for him to throw at.

Bridge to what?

Probably the next quarterback.

And who might that be? Usually when a team brings in a veteran QB as a "bridge" it's for a rookie QB they have already drafted. You know, like Hasselbeck with the Titans. So who is the promising young talent that Seattle is waiting on?

Charlie Whitehurst? :lol:

And who might that be? Usually when a team brings in a veteran QB as a "bridge" it's for a rookie QB they have already drafted. You know, like Hasselbeck with the Titans. So who is the promising young talent that Seattle is waiting on?

Charlie Whitehurst? :lol:

He's not on the team yet.

I'll ask you the same thing I ask everybody else. What would you have done at quarterback?

He's not on the team yet.

I'll ask you the same thing I ask everybody else. What would you have done at quarterback?

Well, for starters they could've drafted one. They passed on Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallet, and Ricky Stanzi.

Or they could've traded for one. Kolb and, I hate to say it, McNabb would have been far better acquisitions than Tarvaris Jackson.

But my main beef is that they didn't draft one. Why big in some craptastic veteran to hold down the fort if you don't even have a potential young stud waiting in the wings?

Andy Dalton sucks. I don't know exactly what it was that vaulted him into being talked about as a 1st round pick but I don't see it. Maybe he proves me wrong but the Bengals can have him.

Kaepernick did interest the front office but obviously not enough to spend a first round pick. I'm sure they would have taken him in the 2nd but he didn't fall to them.

I don't know what they thought of Stanzi. He obviously wasnt on the team's radar. He doesn't seem like anything special.

Mallet is the only attainable rookie prospect I liked. He's too slow for the offense the team wants to run. You also might have heard about the character risks he brings. I wanted them to take the chance but I can understand why they didn't. Great pick by New England.

Kolb was focking expensive. Seattle doesn't posses a young corner on the level of Rodgers-Cromartie so I assume they would have had to cough up a 1st and probably a 2nd or 3rd. He could be pretty good, he could be another AJ Feely. I don't think he'll be anything special. The team apparently thought the price was too high.

Even after restructuring, Mcnabb is expensive. He also cost draft picks. He's also old and kind of sucks. Tavaris might suck more but at least Christian Ponder isn't waiting in the wings. In fact there is a GREAT example of freaking out and doing something at quarterback just to do something.

The Hawks have already wasted draft picks on Whitehurst. I have no problem with them holding out until they can get the guy they want. if Mike Brown wasn't retarded Palmer would probably be the guy. I like him more then anybody you just listed. If they do draft somebody he's going to come into a helluva nice situation with the moves Seattle has made in lieu of wasting resources on somebody they aren't sold on.

So there you have it.

I don't blame the Seabags for not drafting a QB this year - this was the worst draft class for QBs I can remember. I do blame them for spending a 3rd round pick on a scrub like Whitehurst, especially since they didn't even have the balls to take their lumps and start him. Apparently they realized what a mistake they made without even giving him a real trial run.

Anyway, Tavaris Jackson may be better than what they had but that's not saying much. I don't hate the signing because he's at least a vet with starting experience, but I think it's clear the Seahawks played a little over their heads last year and the whole division looks a little better, so they may be in for a rough year.

Far as Zach goes, this is a downgrade.

Does this mean McFadden's value goes up?

Zach Miller, I was told, was a below average blocker.

Also, McFadden becomes the safety dump-off man instead of Miller?

I don't blame the Seabags for not drafting a QB this year - this was the worst draft class for QBs I can remember. I do blame them for spending a 3rd round pick on a scrub like Whitehurst, especially since they didn't even have the balls to take their lumps and start him. Apparently they realized what a mistake they made without even giving him a real trial run.

Anyway, Tavaris Jackson may be better than what they had but that's not saying much. I don't hate the signing because he's at least a vet with starting experience, but I think it's clear the Seahawks played a little over their heads last year and the whole division looks a little better, so they may be in for a rough year.

Far as Zach goes, this is a downgrade.

Agreed on everything

Does this mean McFadden's value goes up?

Zach Miller, I was told, was a below average blocker.

Also, McFadden becomes the safety dump-off man instead of Miller?

For what it's worth, Cable has said his blocking has come a long way.

Also, don't rule out Carson Palmer. He wants to be in Seattle.

These two statements do not jibe.