Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

How high would you draft Ray Rice?

Am I crazy to think he could lead all Fantasy RB's this season? He has a lot going for him. He's young. He's a receptions magnet. His new fullback is one of the best in the business. The running back he shared time with is gone, and so are all the td's McGahee vultured. With that said, I am still not sure if could take him before pick 4. I like Charles, Peterson, and Foster equally as much, as they all have a bunch of positives going for them too. But I believe Rice has a chance for a huge season.

Even in a non PPR league I'm probably hoping to get him at 5 and since QBs go early in my league, I maybe be able to get him at 6 or 7 which would be awesome.

I have my rankings like this

1) Foster

2) Charles

3) ADP

4) CJ2K

5) Rice

6) Mccoy

I wont however touch CJ2K or ADP, I am hoping other players still overvalue them so I can grab Charles from the 4th spot where I am picking in 1 league

Gun to my head and Charles is gone picking 4th, I might just take Rice

I would definitely consider him as early as #3, and really couldn't begrudge someone picking him 1st overall. The one thing he's lacked is touchdown production, and the two biggest obstacles to that are now playing in the AFC West.

He will not get past the second pick in my 12 team ppr draft, that's where I pick.

I would definitely consider him as early as #3, and really couldn't begrudge someone picking him 1st overall. The one thing he's lacked is touchdown production, and the two biggest obstacles to that are now playing in the AFC West.

:pointstosky:

Exactly...I might take someone else #1...but can't see letting him past the #3 spot.

All signs point up:

Fullback that helped Foster dominate last year.

McGahee td vulture gone.

New weapons at te/receiver so they might lean on run game/ flacco check downs.

Great schedule besides 3 games with nyj and pitt.

2nd in total yards over the past 2 seasons to only CJ.

Finished the last 4 games of the year on a tear. 500 yds and 3 tds.

I'm glad I have the 4 pick so he hopefully falls to me but if I had 1-3 I might pull the trigger.

1) Foster

2) Charles

3) ADP

4) CJ2K

5) Rice

6) Mccoy

I wont however touch CJ2K or ADP, I am hoping other players still overvalue them so I can grab Charles from the 4th spot where I am picking in 1 league

That's crazy, well maybe not. I can totally see picking Rice or Charles over CJ2K, but ADP too? That'd be hard for me. What am I missing?

That's crazy, well maybe not. I can totally see picking Rice or Charles over CJ2K, but ADP too? That'd be hard for me. What am I missing?

Your not missing nothing. I think Peterson catches a few more balls and still puts up similar numbers but most likely better. Rice could easily have a Foster year but I would still rather have Peterson.

Im at #4 in a non ppr...and Charles and Rice are who im looking at.

Ive got Charles pegged a little higher...but not by much. I want to see more info on goal line situations before i take him over Charles.

Based on my opinion only, I would draft Rice with the #1 pick this year. I took him 7th in the auction I did last night (after Foster, ADP, JC and CJ were gone). He's got a good combination of speed, power and soft hands and he won't have McGahee or McClain vulturing TDs anymore. AND they got the fullback who blocked for Foster last year. And the front office just let go of pretty much all of Flacco's favorite targets. Everything is pointing up for him fantasy-wise this year.

a month ago I wouldn't of taken him in the first round -- right now with all things pointing to a great year -- after Charles , ADP , and Foster I don't think I could pass on him

after having ADP on my roster last year, Im not a big fan, bring in another terrible QB, to a team that has no good WR (I dont buy Harvin as a no 1) spells disaster, ADP has already shown he is no longer a 3 down back even. Minnesota is gonna be terrible this year, and trailing a lot, so I dont see him even being able to grind out 4th quarter points.

Look ADP might finish no 1 overall, and thats fine, this is just how I rank them, and how I would personally chose them

also I play in PPR leagues fwiw. Rice and Charles could eventually be in my top 3

Someone pointed this out before and I wish I could remember the original poster because it blew my mind at the time and has really altered how I draft, especially in the first round.

Essentially it boiled down to, the player is not a reach if they would not have been available when your next draft spot came up.

This reasoning makes Rice, Charles, AP, CJ2K, McCoy all viable #1 picks if you have it simply because they will not be around by the time your second pick comes up. I found this very liberating and it helped me shake off the silly preseason rankings and to go with my choices, it is after all going to be my FF team.

I actually rank Rice and Charles as top 2 this year in all formats and would be esctatic with either on my roster, so yes I would take Rice 1st overall. If you run multiple teams though I would recommend avoiding becoming too heavily invested in any one player simply because if your wrong, they get injured, etc it would sink multiple teams (I learned this lesson last year with Moss, he was my consistend 2nd rounder on 6 out of 9 teams).

I agree with that. Last year I took Roddy, Peyton, and Foster in the first 3 rounds of a 12 teamer all ahead of their Adp. Take the guys you want. It's your team,

Someone pointed this out before and I wish I could remember the original poster because it blew my mind at the time and has really altered how I draft, especially in the first round.

Essentially it boiled down to, the player is not a reach if they would not have been available when your next draft spot came up.

This reasoning makes Rice, Charles, AP, CJ2K, McCoy all viable #1 picks if you have it simply because they will not be around by the time your second pick comes up. I found this very liberating and it helped me shake off the silly preseason rankings and to go with my choices, it is after all going to be my FF team.

I actually rank Rice and Charles as top 2 this year in all formats and would be esctatic with either on my roster, so yes I would take Rice 1st overall. If you run multiple teams though I would recommend avoiding becoming too heavily invested in any one player simply because if your wrong, they get injured, etc it would sink multiple teams (I learned this lesson last year with Moss, he was my consistend 2nd rounder on 6 out of 9 teams).

1) Foster

2) Charles

3) ADP

4) CJ2K

5) Rice

6) Mccoy

Why would you not touch AD? He is a model of consistency and while McNabb is not great, he is an upgrade over Ponder.

Why would you not touch AD? He is a model of consistency and while McNabb is not great, he is an upgrade over Ponder.

McNabb is better than Ponder, that is true. But he has no one to throw the deep ball to (Berrian? Who?) and unreliable targets elsewhere save Shaincoe (who isn't going to stretch the field). In my mind AP will be facing 9 or 10 in the box every week and it will be a long year before they start rebuilding around Ponder next year.

Add in the fact that GB, Chicago, and Detroit have pretty tough Ds and are likely to leading minn in those games. AP does carry risk this year IMO.

Aug. 06, 2011 3:46 p.m. - by Jason Butt - Ravens look to use RB Pamele much like McGahee

Backup RB Jalen Parmele said the coaching staff is looking to use him the way RB Willis McGahee has been used the last few years. These responsibilities include the four-minute ball control offense and third and short situations

Hope this doesnt turn into another Magahee situation...something to watch tho

Aug. 06, 2011 3:46 p.m. - by Jason Butt - Ravens look to use RB Pamele much like McGahee

Backup RB Jalen Parmele said the coaching staff is looking to use him the way RB Willis McGahee has been used the last few years. These responsibilities include the four-minute ball control offense and third and short situations

Hope this doesnt turn into another Magahee situation...something to watch tho

Good info. I just don't see how they will trust a rookie to have the ball quite as much as McGahee did when you have a guy like Rice back there.