Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Reggie Bush Update

When asked about Reggie Bush Tuesday, coach Tony Sparano said, "I would think he's going to have the most touches and the most carries."

This is mere confirmation after Daniel Thomas face-planted in his rookie training camp. Bush is going to start and be the primary runner in the early part of the season. We're skeptical that he'll be able to sustain health and effectiveness in that role, but with 16-20 touches weekly Bush figures to be a PPR asset. Aug 30 - 12:04 PM

Per Rotoworld

Now if he can just stay healthy he will be huge in PPR leagues this year.. the Dolphins always have a good running game :overhead:

My leaguemates that laughed at me for drafting him in the 6th round are hopefully going to eat their words (laughs)

I for one am extremely high on Reggie this year. If he can get 10-15 carries and 5-7 catches a game that equals fantasy gold in my league for a PPR 3rd RB.

Yea now i got daniel thomas taking up a roster spot...Can't drop him because what if bush goes down and the reggie bush owner doesnt want him :thumbsdown:

My leaguemates that laughed at me for drafting him in the 6th round are hopefully going to eat their words (laughs)

I for one am extremely high on Reggie this year. If he can get 10-15 carries and 5-7 catches a game that equals fantasy gold in my league for a PPR 3rd RB.

yea same here... if healthy he will be similar to Hightower/Felix Jones and huge in PPR formats as a #3/ Borderline #2 RB

I'm using this news to try and move him.

:thumbsup:

This is the right move, in my opinion. Not only does Bush have a well-documented penchant for injury, but I think people are forgetting that he's never proven capable as a workhorse NFL RB. From the games that I've seen, he seems to either dance too much in the backfield or cut everything outside. He's never demonstrated to me that he has the toughness or vision to run between the tackles, which seems like a necessity for a true #1 RB.

If I had to guess, I'd say that this is a plan (and not a bad one) on the part of the coaching staff to get Daniel Thomas (who they traded up for in the 2nd round) motivated and performing better. Apparently, Thomas is having some trouble picking up the Dolphins' offense and seems to be running a bit hesitantly. That will improve, I think, with time and more reps -- especially considering that Thomas, like all rookies this year, missed out on a proper off-season. I think Thomas will be the starter sooner or later.

:dunno:

That laughed at you because you could have taken him in the 8th and nobody would've cared then either.

Im thinking of moving him...but worried i might be too thin at Rb if i do....

id only have Rice, Bradshaw, Jacobs and Mcgahee

This is the right move, in my opinion. Not only does Bush have a well-documented penchant for injury, but I think people are forgetting that he's never proven capable as a workhorse NFL RB. From the games that I've seen, he seems to either dance too much in the backfield or cut everything outside. He's never demonstrated to me that he has the toughness or vision to run between the tackles, which seems like a necessity for a true #1 RB.

If I had to guess, I'd say that this is a plan (and not a bad one) on the part of the coaching staff to get Daniel Thomas (who they traded up for in the 2nd round) motivated and performing better. Apparently, Thomas is having some trouble picking up the Dolphins' offense and seems to be running a bit hesitantly. That will improve, I think, with time and more reps -- especially considering that Thomas, like all rookies this year, missed out on a proper off-season. I think Thomas will be the starter sooner or later.

Bush and Colston for mike Wallace giving up too much?

Although his lifetime numbers on grass are better worse than those on the turf like in NO, I think he and his knees will flourish playing on grass most weeks, like he did in college. And the one thing I really like hearing about Reggie is that he is the hardest worker on the team, because there is no such thing as talent, just an accumulated effect from hard work.

I am not sure why people are so down on the guy. Sure he hasn't lived up to the hype, but he has had some great value in past season especially in PPR. He was a 7th+ rd draft pick for most of his owners. How many guys that deep will get 17-20 combined touches per game? Not many in my draft. Take him for what he is, a late rd pick with good upside. Forget his name and just take his production. If he busts then your out a bench player.

Bush and Colston for mike Wallace giving up too much?

I'd rather have Mike Wallace, and it isn't even close for me.

I think Bush will be a solid contributor this year for the Dolphins; but, as I said in my original post, I don't see him lasting as the starting RB all season, based on his previous performances and his inability to stay healthy. And I'm very wary of Colston's knee and wouldn't be surprised if this is the year that his stats take a nose-dive.

Although his lifetime numbers on grass are better than those on the turf like in NO, I think he and his knees will flourish playing on grass most weeks. And the on thing I really like hearing about Reggie is that he is the hardest worker on the team, because there is no such thing as talent, just an accumulated effect from hard work.

Good point. Even though I'm not a big believer in Reggie as the Dolphins' full-time RB, it is true that some players just need a change of scenery in order to flourish. Maybe Bush is one of those guys; but, right now, I'm not betting on it.

You guys will likely be wishing you drafted Bush with that 6-8th round pick. He was #1 scoring RB in one of my leagues back 3-4 years ago before he went down with a injury. I know he didn't make it through the season but he sure helped me win games.The string of potential high scoring game she could put together make him worth drafting. Trade him after 3-4 weeks if he starts out well. He has potential to score alot of points. He will get catches and carries.

As a Saints fan all I have to say is:

Just wait. :lol:

I know. Some of these post are borederline retarded. He has NEVER been the number one back. He has always been an average RB at best. His main role here was to catch a few swing passes, return punts, and be a decoy. He doesn't block well and he can't run between the tackles. He also has a fumblitis problem when he starts dancing. The defenses he will playing against this year in the AFC are much better than the NFC.

New England Patriots2 Sun Sep 184:15 pm Houston Texans3 Sun Sep 251:00 pm at Cleveland Browns4 Sun Oct 24:15 pm at San Diego ChargersBye Week6 Mon Oct 178:30 pm at New York Jets7 Sun Oct 231:00 pm Denver Broncos8 Sun Oct 301:00 pm at New York Giants9 Sun Nov 61:00 pm at Kansas City Chiefs10 Sun Nov 131:00 pm Washington Redskins11 Sun Nov 201:00 pm Buffalo Bills12 Thu Nov 244:15 pm at Dallas Cowboys13 Sun Dec 41:00 pm Oakland Raiders14 Sun Dec 111:00 pm Philadelphia Eagles15 Sun Dec 181:00 pm at Buffalo Bills16 Sat Dec 241:00 pm at New England Patriots17 Sun Jan 11:00 pm New York Jets

That's a brutal schedule for Reggie Bush the starter.

I'm really having trouble gauging his value though.

He doesn't have much value at this point. Nobody wants to give up much on him since he's burned everyone that's ever had him. Wait a couple weeks, see if he actually puts up some numbers, and his value will be much higher.

The string of potential high scoring game she could put together make

Heh

I like him in a ppr league...

Funny how people say he'll be both HUGE, and a borderline RB 2/3 those two statements don't make much sense together to me...

You guys will likely be wishing you drafted Bush with that 6-8th round pick. He was #1 scoring RB in one of my leagues back 3-4 years ago before he went down with a injury. I know he didn't make it through the season but he sure helped me win games.The string of potential high scoring game she could put together make him worth drafting. Trade him after 3-4 weeks if he starts out well. He has potential to score alot of points. He will get catches and carries.

You're talking about the season where he ran back a bunch of punt return TD's. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored more as a special teams player than a RB that season.

If he gets 15+ touches and stays relatively healthy he'll be a top 15 PPR RB... in the sixth round or so.

He could very realistically catch 80 balls 1500 total yards and 8 touchdowns... That's 278 points.

He also had Daniel Thomas behind him, who is absolutely terrible, a guaranteed 1.5 yards, so Reggie barring injury will get his touches... The more touches he has the more likely he is to go off for a 20+ yard gain.

Marshall is also one of the best run blocking WRs in the game, and Henne while erratic has the tools to keep defenses honest.

If he gets 15+ touches and stays relatively healthy he'll be a top 15 PPR RB... in the sixth round or so.

He could very realistically catch 80 balls 1500 total yards and 8 touchdowns... That's 278 points.

He also had Daniel Thomas behind him, who is absolutely terrible, a guaranteed 1.5 yards, so Reggie barring injury will get his touches... The more touches he has the more likely he is to go off for a 20+ yard gain.

Marshall is also one of the best run blocking WRs in the game, and Henne while erratic has the tools to keep defenses honest.

Only a Reggie Bush owner would make this argument. I owned Thomas - and traded him for Starks - because I don't like his opportunity early in the year. Reggie Bush is not going to morph into CJ2K just because he now has the opportunity. He's going for fair value righ tnow IMO and I still don't get all tingly thinking about having him on my team. There are more talented players I'd rather pick up in the 6th-8th but that's just my opinion.

My belief is that Thomas will still be a big part of the offense and that will be a situation very similar to what we're used to seeing in Miami where the RBBC model is what they like to do.

Only a Reggie Bush owner would make this argument. I owned Thomas - and traded him for Starks - because I don't like his opportunity early in the year. Reggie Bush is not going to morph into CJ2K just because he now has the opportunity. He's going for fair value righ tnow IMO and I still don't get all tingly thinking about having him on my team. There are more talented players I'd rather pick up in the 6th-8th but that's just my opinion.

My belief is that Thomas will still be a big part of the offense and that will be a situation very similar to what we're used to seeing in Miami where the RBBC model is what they like to do.

I do not own Reggie Bush, but I believe PPR he is a valuable RB3 who could realistically finish the year with RB2 stats and occasionally put up RB1 numbers... He's entirely capable of catching 7, 8, 9, 10 balls any given game.

I do not see how Daniel Thomas lack of production in training camp/preseason hurts him... That was a big doubt coming into the year. If you have actually watched Daniel Thomas run in preseason you know what I'm talking about.

Brandon Marshall helping you turn the corner and keep defenses honest.

His running style in preseason seems greatly improved, he's cutting once and hitting the hole hard.

Not trying to say he's the second coming of CJ2K, but he does have the ability to break long runs when given the ball in open space, and all things considered it appears he's going to be given a larger workload than he ever had w/ the saints. He's also going in the... sixth round +... Call me crazy, but PPR, you have several backs w/ as much ??? as Bush going earlier.

This could be the problem. :overhead: He will be ok until he gets hurt and Daniel Thomas starts to take over later in the season. I would definitely sell high on him if and when you can.

As an aside do you think if he had married Kim they could have got 30million for the wedding? I wonder if that ever wakes him up at night?

His running style in preseason seems greatly improved, he's cutting once and hitting the hole hard.

This is not the Reggie Bush that I saw while sitting in the stands at the Bucs/Phins game. He didn't look very good at all. Part of it was the Phins o-line. They didn't hive him much running room at all. That being said, the good backs lower their pads, get whatever yardage they can, and occasionally make something out of nothing. Bush did none of that. He can't run between the tackles consistently, and he did very little after first contact.