Sign in to follow this  
He Like Me

Just got Newton and McGahee in trade

Offered to me was Cam and McGahee, and I gave up Greg Jennings and DeAngelo Williams. I think I got the better end of the trade by far, thoughts?

Offered to me was Cam and McGahee, and I gave up Greg Jennings and DeAngelo Williams. I think I got the better end of the trade by far, thoughts?

got your shorts packed ...gennings was the only good one out of the bunch :doh:

Not sure what their draft status has to do with anything. Was Vick drafted last year? What about Warner in his break out year? Newton has been lighting it up. McGahee looks to take over the starting roll in Denver, and Williams hasn't done crap and is always an injury risk. I hated giving up Jennings, but I think the rewards with the other two out weigh the loss.

If he needed a QB, he did fine.

I believe Newton is going to be a Monster this season.

Possibly Vick type #'s.

Teams haven't seen Newton yet, so he's been tearing it up. I think that's going to settle down in the next few weeks and Newton's going to look more like a rookie QB once the defenses adjust to him.

I have to say though, he does look good right now.

If he needed a QB, he did fine.

I believe Newton is going to be a Monster this season.

Possibly Vick type #'s.

Have Cutler and Freeman who are ok, but nothing compared to what Newton has done obviously. I also play in a salary cap league, so I'm getting Newton at $2M which is super low for a QB. This allows me to start guys I normally wouldn't have been able to.

Wow. I don't even know if i could trade vick for that much in my leagues. Terrible trade. Newton is a ROOKIE and will come back to earth. Unless your wr were also studs i dont like it. Mcgahee is only starting because moreno is hurt. Deangelo still has a shot at tearing it up, even though i doubt that will happen.

If you had a need at QB and are deep at WR, then I actually like the trade for you. :thumbsup:

If you are weak at WR and traded Jennings then I don't like the trade for you. :dunno:

Wow. I don't even know if i could trade vick for that much in my leagues. Terrible trade. Newton is a ROOKIE and will come back to earth. Unless your wr were also studs i dont like it. Mcgahee is only starting because moreno is hurt. Deangelo still has a shot at tearing it up, even though i doubt that will happen.

You obviously haven't watched a Panthers game. It was a suprise to me too, but under Ron Rivera they are totally spreading the ball out. Empty backfeild formations. Two pass catching TE's. Cam will be throwing the ball 35-40 times a game. Every game. He's going to throw some INT's, but when you get 400 total yards from him (passing and running) with a couple TD's thrown in who cares?

D.Williams stock is falling faster than Blockbuster's.

If you had a need at QB and are deep at WR, then I actually like the trade for you. :thumbsup:

If you are weak at WR and traded Jennings then I don't like the trade for you. :dunno:

Miles Austin (out for a few weeks however)

Jeremy Maclin

Jordy Nelson

Jerome Simpson

We start 2, and I also just put in for Danario Alexander with STL.

Jeremy Maclin

Jordy Nelson

Jerome Simpson

Ummm, yeah. With Austin hurt, and Vick as well (Who'st he back up QB in Philly again?), your WR's are now super thin. I probably would have kept Jennings and not done the trade.

But hey, I like the gamble. While I wouldn't have personally done it looking at your roster, it's a high reward risk and may pay off.

Jeremy Maclin

Jordy Nelson

Jerome Simpson

I'll be honest, your receivers look a lot better with Jennings. I am not sure that improvement in QB play is worth the drop off from your WR core.

So you gave up a top WR and a #2/3 RB to get 2 undrafted players... Yup. You killed it.

To call D. Williams a #2/3 RB is a bit of a stretch, don't let the depth charts fool you. Since '08 he's had 8 rushing td's - seven of them coming that year. This year he's had 12 and 5 rushing attempts in back to back games. Not only are most of the rb's in the league out rushing him, hell - even Cam has more rushing yards.

I like the move, risky - but well worth it considering Newt's upside.

What is coming back to Earth? 200 yards passing and a Touch with about 40 yards rushing and a Touch maybe? Is that what rookies do on your planet Earth?

I'll be honest, your receivers look a lot better with Jennings. I am not sure that improvement in QB play is worth the drop off from your WR core.

Yeah I agree with this... I'd say you needed Jennings more than Newton. BUT, props to you for doing the trade and putting it up here for review. Better than "should I do this trade?" or "you are dumb" posts. Who knows how it turns out.

Jeremy Maclin

Jordy Nelson

Jerome Simpson

I'm personally glad my league starts 3 WR's, because there are so many startable WR's that it's not difficult fielding 2 at all and everyone has extra. With that said, I think it's a great trade for you. Taking a shot at greatness is how you win leagues.

I'm growing less fond of Deangelo every day. Other teams have stacked the box against Carolina and Cam has been heaving it all over the field. The thing is, why would opposing teams stop doing that? Carolina is 0-2 so stacking the box obviously works in the W/L column. Newton had 3 INT's last weekend so I don't see why defenses would change, and Carolina will keep on passing.

Meanwhile Jennings will have ups and downs this season. There are so many weapons in GB that Jones can't even get on the field, and Rodgers will just go for the open guy so Jennings won't always do that well.

I like the trade personally, and think you'll be fine at WR.

I'll say this about Cam and his future prospects for this year (and full disclosure, yes, I own him in most of my leagues):

The guy can make ALL of the throws. All of them.

And while yes, at times his balls tend to sail way too high, he also has shown INCREDIBLE touch on some of his deep passes; even when he's not planted firmly.

The one thing I'm noticing is his receivers are running DEEP routes. This is clearing out things underneath. Even his TE's are running 20yard out routes and he's NAILING them in stride right on the sideline.

He stretch's the field with his arm and that amazes me that they can't get the running game going.

Notice in this video how deep his receiver routes are. Even if he does 'dump it off' underneath..there's NOBODY around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1eYVYgbj8

What is coming back to Earth? 200 yards passing and a Touch with about 40 yards rushing and a Touch maybe? Is that what rookies do on your planet Earth?

If in todays passing league he averaged 200 yards and a td and once in a while ran it in then you will not win. Yeah for a rookie thats decent numbers but to give up jennings i think is a bad move. You make it sound like that would be good enough stats to win. Joke.

Also eli put up good stats minus int last year and everyone said he threw too many picks to be a good fantasy qb. Cam will throw a lot more picks and all those negative points will add up especially when hes not throqing 400 yards a game

I'll say this about Cam and his future prospects for this year (and full disclosure, yes, I own him in most of my leagues):

I know one league you don't own him in. :wave:

I know one league you don't own him in. :wave:

True...and I don't need him with Vick and Stafford, but I really am beginning to drink the kool aid that this kid is a bonafide stud.