Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Ground & Pound

"Ryan: "Ground & Pound is back" -- Mon Oct 3 8:55 pm --

Jets HC furious with offense after Week 4 loss

Rex Ryan, furious in today's team meeting, tells team it will shift back to running game. Ground & Pound is back. "Absolutely, (OG Matt) Slauson said. (Rich Cimini on Twitter)"

What is Rex talking about? I'm sure it isn't football. Does he work in a meat packing business?

I'm sure Rex loves to pack meat somewhere, but I hope this means Greene can fill in SOMEWHAT for Rice on his bye. Greene has been riding pine all year with me, Sproles at the Flex has been $$$.

Ryan is desperate. This is probably some smoke screen attempting to throw off NE. Rex wants to beat NE more than any other team and his team blows right now. He can try to run, but it ain't happening. Rex has come to the realization that his nuts are in Sanchize's hands, and he knows that means he's about to lose his nuts.

Nice timing, what with the worst pass D in football up next. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't surprise me if this is his amateur method of trying to fool his opponent.

not worried. even if they try it for a series or two they'll likely be down and have to throw. i'm starting sanchez and keller this week and feel pretty good about it.

not worried. even if they try it for a series or two they'll likely be down and have to throw. i'm starting sanchez and keller this week and feel pretty good about it.

Condolences man.

Condolences man.

sanchez had been pretty solid prior to last week. its either him or go with big ben vs tenn. if ben even plays. so kinda stuck. i'll take the matchup vs NE all things considered.

Ground and pound will last about 6 mins. Then NE will be up 14-0.

This is just a smokescreen. The running game doesnt look great. Painful for a Greene owner :(

For the Jets this week, they're going to feel like they are up against a high school defense compaired

to what they faced against the Ravens last week. The Jets defense will play well and the Jets offense will

get it going. Green will score at least 1 if not 2 td's this week. If he doesn't score at all, than he should be dropped

by every fantasy roster. This will be the Jets 3rd straight road game and I have a feeling they will come out playing hard.

For the Jets this week, they're going to feel like they are up against a high school defense compaired

to what they faced against the Ravens last week. The Jets defense will play well and the Jets offense will

get it going. Green will score at least 1 if not 2 td's this week. If he doesn't score at all, than he should be dropped

by every fantasy roster. This will be the Jets 3rd straight road game and I have a feeling they will come out playing hard.

Jets fan?

Jets fan?

Yes.

After playing up against a tough Ravens defense I feel that the Jets will have an easier time dealing with

the Patriots defense. Add in the fact that they feel more comfortable going up against them and that both

teams know and hate eachother. The Jets should and will come out playing a much more physical game.

No fear this week. Sanchez played with fear last week. Wouldn't you the way the o-line looked?

I think they get it back together and put up points this week. Win? I doubt it, but I see more points for them.

Yes.

After playing up against a tough Ravens defense I feel that the Jets will have an easier time dealing with

the Patriots defense. Add in the fact that they feel more comfortable going up against them and that both

teams know and hate eachother. The Jets should and will come out playing a much more physical game.

No fear this week. Sanchez played with fear last week. Wouldn't you the way the o-line looked?

I think they get it back together and put up points this week. Win? I doubt it, but I see more points for them.

No center and going up against Wolfolk and Fat Albert in the Middle ... Good luck.

Maybe Greene can use his blazing speed to get outside and turn the corner.

pats by 21

signed

jets fan

season is dunzo. This team has gone to sh!t overnight...

NE's secondary is atrocious and they have relatively no pass rush. The odds of the Jets not exploiting this or being forced to exploit this whilst trying to come back are slim to none. Look for Sanchez to have a bounce back game and Holmes to wake up.

pats by 21

signed

jets fan

season is dunzo. This team has gone to sh!t overnight...

Jets will leave it all on the field Sunday. If they do that and get blown out by 21, then I'd say this team is teetering on taking a dump on the season. It should be a great game because neither team or it's coaches can stand eachother, and they will give everything they've got.

Jets will leave it all on the field Sunday. If they do that and get blown out by 21, then I'd say this team is teetering on taking a dump on the season. It should be a great game because neither team or it's coaches can stand eachother, and they will give everything they've got.

They can leave whatever they want on the field.

The pats haven't lost a home game since 2008.

I'm not buying it. I bought this same load of bullsh1t in the preseason and I'm gonna have to see it now.

They can leave whatever they want on the field.

The pats haven't lost a home game since 2008.

I recall a Jets win in NE on Jan 16th 2011 in the Divisional Playoffs.

28-21 Jets

Ryan is funny ... went from "Jets are going to win the SuperBowl" to "Jets are going to try and get a first down on the ground" ... sad, but funny.

Here I thought Joe Namath was a has-been sourpuss during his latest rants, but the dude is rational and totally spot on!

The Patriots pass D may be weak, but their run D isn't particularly strong. If Mangold comes back and the o-line blocks even decently, I could see them running the ball just to keep the Patriots offense off the field as much as possible.

The Patriots pass D may be weak, but their run D isn't particularly strong. If Mangold comes back and the o-line blocks even decently, I could see them running the ball just to keep the Patriots offense off the field as much as possible.

N.Mangold has returned to practice today.

I don't think NYJ will have the opportunity to run the ball really. It's quite possible NE's run defense is just as bad as their pass defense. The problem is not many teams will have the luxury of running on NE, everyone has to play catch up. NE is a perfect storm fantasy football wise. They will always put up big numbers and will always force opposing teams to either put up big numbers or get blown out of the water. That is why I like Sanchez, Holmes and Keller a lot this week.

I don't think NYJ will have the opportunity to run the ball really. It's quite possible NE's run defense is just as bad as their pass defense. The problem is not many teams will have the luxury of running on NE, everyone has to play catch up. NE is a perfect storm fantasy football wise. They will always put up big numbers and will always force opposing teams to either put up big numbers or get blown out of the water. That is why I like Sanchez, Holmes and Keller a lot this week.

Agreed, I'm starting Sanchez and sitting Greene.

starting sanchez, keller, and i picked up folk also lol i'm high on the jets too

The Pats ranked dead last in Pass Defense in the NFL at 368 passing yards per game.

It's time to dust off LT.....he might be a sneaky start this week.

Rex is the one that said...'GROUND & POUND'.

Belicheat made a mockery of him.

JETS

25 att

97 rush yards

1TD rush TD

PATRIOTS

35 att

152 rush yards

2 TD rush TD

I never thought there would be a head coach out there that I would root againts more than the D-Bag leading the Pats, but I love seeing Ryan look like a freaking idiot. He has not done ###### and he thinks he is Bill Walsh or John Madden.