Sign in to follow this  
Boston Three Party

Why Keep Gates?

This was the ONLY year I drafted that shitfockingclusterfock loser.

I got Zero games out of him. 7 points week 1. GFY.

This injury is going to linger all year. I want to drop him and make use of space (like a pocket vagina, which is far more valuable)

But no, when i DROP HIM, in the playoffs he is going to BEAST IT and crush it.

So...am I right or should I lose his arse? What sick part of my soul said "River to Gates" would be plentiful this year? Rivers sucks, Gates sucks, San Diego sucks, I hate them all.

Oh well. Dustin Keller onward! /Sarcarm

I feel ya Boston

As a Gates owner this year, it has been very frustrating. Honestly, we're basically stuck with him for now. He's too valuable to drop, and it would be tough to get value for him in a trade. I guess it's the consequences we suffer for drafting an injury prone guy. Just gotta pray he makes it up for us in the later weeks.

Had Gates last year - he was a monster early on, then a chronic source of frustration. Went into this season knowing there was zero chance I'd spend a high pick on a beat up, injury prone TE on the wrong side of 30.

At this point you are stuck with him unfortunately.

i just dropped him in a league that has a very shallow bench. i have to worry about staying in the playoff hunt NOW and can't afford a potentially wasted spot

Dont keep him - he is starting to enter the "hurt every week, doesnt practice, game time decision, playing at less than 100%" category. There are other TE's that are getting it done. And, Rivers isnt lighting it up as much as expected so that hurts too. Its time for Gates to be released.

It looks bleak, 'cause if this thing din't heal in the entire offseason--one in which he din't even practice all summer long--it would take a miracle for it to heal in the next month.

That said, San Diego's bye is next week, and my expectation is that Gates will try to give it a go again in Week 7. I have him in two leagues myself, and I'll probly hold him until then on the slim chance that he's able to contribute in the second half of the season. If he's still out or ineffective by then, it will be time to say goodbye.

worth holding onto till after his bye week. If they come back from bye and he's not just starting, but looking like a player out there, time to drop. And probably time for him to hang it up TBH...

Is McMichael a good play? I was thinking about picking up Kevin Boss as well. He had decent numbers last week 4/78 or something like that. Looking for a bye week fill in this week for Witten.

Had Gates last year - he was a monster early on, then a chronic source of frustration. Went into this season knowing there was zero chance I'd spend a high pick on a beat up, injury prone TE on the wrong side of 30.

At this point you are stuck with him unfortunately.

Blows,

My Season is probably over, first this 4th round bum, and now my 1st round pick, AJ. Not to mention 6th Round pick Moreno.

Tough to recover when other owners are flying high with their top picks, puttin up 100+ and I'm bottom feeding the waiver wire for Ed Dickson, Fred Davis, now playing Lance Moore or Dexter Mccluster ar WR. :cry:

McMichael no; Boss yes.

He can run like a Boss.

He has fun like a Boss.

Makes a block like a Boss.

Takes a catch like a Boss.

Ties his shoes like a Boss.

Hits his routes like a Boss.

Gets hurt like a Boss.

Rides the pine like a Boss.

Drinks Gatorade like a Boss.

Interviews like a Boss...

McMichael no; Boss yes.

He can run like a Boss.

He has fun like a Boss.

Makes a block like a Boss.

Takes a catch like a Boss.

Ties his shoes like a Boss.

Hits his routes like a Boss.

Gets hurt like a Boss.

Rides the pine like a Boss.

Drinks Gatorade like a Boss.

Interviews like a Boss...

But does he promote synergy?

I guess I will have to play him based only on this reply and now I have that song stuck in my head. :wall:

Too bad u wernt paying attention before u drafted him.

Sorry to be blunt

Too bad u wernt paying attention before u drafted him.

Sorry to be blunt

Yes, a few years ago he was a beast. But I noticed his numbers trending downwards 2 years ago. I'm surprised anyone is still hanging on to him at this point.

Yes, a few years ago he was a beast. But I noticed his numbers trending downwards 2 years ago.

You noticed what?

2 years ago, he had his highest yardage total ever, though he was 1 under his career average for TDs.

Last year, he was on pace to exceed his highest yardage total ever by some 200 yards--and to DOUBLE his career average for TDs--when he got hurt.

Last year he was helped by Vincent Jackson's holdout for sure, but he certainly hasn't been "trending downwards"--other than by injury.

This situation is not good.

If you can move him, depending on your league's owners, you do it now.

Before any remaining name recognition value totally disappears all together.

If it makes you feel any better, after Gates got hurt last year I was able to pick up Jacob Tamme and rode him to FF glory after Dallas Clark's injury.

Yeah, probably not, but it certainly made me feel better reliving that wonderful memory.

In other news, everyone should have guessed Gates was damaged goods this year.

Gates put up huge stats last year. This torn scar tissue will heal in a few weeks and Gates will put up huge stats again. I have Greg Olsen filling in and am perfectly fine with Olsen and will wait for Gates, then I'll start both, one at TE and the other at Flex. :music_guitarred:

Every year that I played against Gates, he always blew up and made me lose. This year, 3 teams picked a TE before me when Gates fell to me in the 6th. I knew his injuries and his age, but I figured a not so beastly Gates is better then V. Davis (debatable at this point).

This guy burns me even when I own him. No other TE on the WW, so I am rolling with a new guy every week. BLOWS HARD.