Sign in to follow this  
miggs721

Jackie Battle...whos aboard

This guy is going to make or break your season....Just dropped Victor Cruz for him to add to my stable....all kidding aside, I think he could emerge as the lead back...Thoughts, and is he really worth an add. I still have Cruz fwiw

Haha no..no. He doesn't have the talent to outweigh the negatives of playing on a team as bad as KC. Plus, McCluster will continue to see the largest snap count simply because they will be playing from behind so often. No traditional back can thrive on this team.

Yeah, I'm changing my tune only slightly because I just took a look at their schedule. It's pretty decent..they play DEN and OAK twice. Also, PIT and NYJ aren't nearly as stout as they once were. He's worth an add in deeper leagues just to see what happens.

In a ppr league, do you think it's best to stick with Earnest Graham (for possible bye week fill-in) or do you think it's better to take a chance on Jackie Battle?

edit: I did it. Battledome is on my team. :music_guitarred: :unsure:

Would you drop a victor cruz for him though??? I also have mccluster, but can use him at WR, and it is ppr???

I have Cruz. I'm not dropping him since we need to start WRs and I like his chances. I just dropped Bradford to pick up Battle, and I'm currently giving him the start over Ridley only because I also have BJGE and Indy's a much better matchup than the Jets. Might be a mistake, and I can see chickening out as we get closer to Sunday. :dunno:

I've always valued WR/RB players like McCluster solely because they can be plugged in at WR while still having the benefits of a RB in guaranteed touches. I'm of the mindset that he should always be and only be your WR unless you have a guaranteed better option available. That's his FF advantage. Run with it.

"Could make or break your season" seems a bit strong, but the publicity he got today in the KC press from Haley, induced me to pick him up in two of my leagues.

I couldn't believe that he was already acquired earlier in the evening in my other two leagues.

i'm drinking the kool aid & feeling scammed at the same time...he's only owned by 1% right now

i'm drinking the kool aid & feeling scammed at the same time...he's only owned by 1% right now

He will be owned all over the country after this week.

Indi seems like the perfect matchup to break out against.

130 yards and 2-3 scores.

What I don't understand is why he couldn't beat out an aging T.Jones for years. Is it because being in a purely supplemental role masked all of Jones's weaknesses? It looks like when he finally was called upon to shoulder the load again his ineptitude's all came to the surface. I'm still extremely skeptical here. Jackie is after all averaging a measly 3.0 career YPC. I'm thinking his saving grace may be the fact that he may need to wear a defense down before he can fully get going. Part of me wants to buy this guy, the other thinks he's going to be a mediocre back on a horrible team.

I had Ringer collecting cobwebs on the end of my bench, so I dropped him for Battle. Who knows, maybe he'll pull a Priest Holmes. :music_guitarred:

If he will be the starter this week, than he should be a better start than S.Green. :ninja: Right?

It is Indi we're talking about.

If he will be the starter this week, than he should be a better start than S.Green. :ninja: Right?

It is Indi we're talking about.

NE is worse against the rush. Just sayin..

NE is worse against the rush. Just sayin..

I know, just trying.

We can start 3 rb's and if he is the starter I might take a shot at picking him up.

Rice, McFadden & Battle. I like it.

With Rice on his bye week..I have to start S.Green. Although, I do like his chances this week.

I know, just trying.

We can start 3 rb's and if he is the starter I might take a shot at picking him up.

Rice, McFadden & Battle. I like it.

With Rice on his bye week..I have to start S.Green. Although, I do like his chances this week.

There's also that added plus of the look on your opponents face when someone who they've never heard of beats them. Sometimes that's incentive enough haha.

Count me in...Woodhead wasn't doing much on my bench...Welcome to the team Jackie :headbanger:

I so want to join this group :lol:. The most expandable player I have scattered through-out all my benches is Bernard Scott. I'm going to hold till Friday and wait for some more insight into the Benson situation. Hopefully, no one will get word of any of this hype before tomorrow. I'm betting they don't since this hype seems slightly ridiculous :banana:.

I play in a 14 teamer with a weird setup so receivers aren't coveted.

QB: Stafford

WR: Nicks

RB: McFadden

RB:Forte

TE: Graham

RB/WR: AJ Green

WR/TE: G. Olsen

Bench: Starks, Burleson, David Nelson, D WIll, Hardesty

Cut Burly for him? Titus young/crabtee/greg little/ect are on the wire

I had Ringer collecting cobwebs on the end of my bench, so I dropped him for Battle. Who knows, maybe he'll pull a Priest Holmes. :music_guitarred:

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite fantasy football memories. I was in a CBS money league (2001) and I was hurting for a RB. The lone starting RB available on the wire after Week 2 that season was Priest Holmes, who I reluctantly plugged into my lineup vs. Washington. Three TDs and 200+ yards later, I didn't have a RB problem anymore :banana:

A little more than 10 years later, I might see if lightning can strike twice :headbanger:

I can't believe this...Jackie Battle for crying out loud.

Runaway (hype) train gaining more steam...choo,choo...

Rostered!

This is the shittiest hype train I have been a part of since James Davis...but count me in. Choo Choo Bitches!!

Agreed. The waiver wire is empty though so might as well find the upside and ride it!

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite fantasy football memories. I was in a CBS money league (2001) and I was hurting for a RB. The lone starting RB available on the wire after Week 2 that season was Priest Holmes, who I reluctantly plugged into my lineup vs. Washington. Three TDs and 200+ yards later, I didn't have a RB problem anymore :banana:

A little more than 10 years later, I might see if lightning can strike twice :headbanger:

Sticking with the Chiefs theme, two years ago in IBL I grabbed that Jamaal Charles guy off of the wire, that worked out OK. :doublethumbsup:

I just grabbed Battle a second time, in my money keeper league. Dropped Karim who was handcuffing MJD. CHOO CHOOOOO!!!1!!ELEVEN!!! :banana:

I guess I'm in too. Just dropped Pierre Thomas for him. Maybe the fantasy gods will shine down on me after losing Britt for the season. :pointstosky:

Found a couple of plays from the 2010 preseason (I don't think TJ could have pulled off either run...)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81a3b06c/Preseason-Week-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Winning-the-Battle

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819ec890/Battle-s-21-yard-run

I won't call him Peyton Hillis, but he's got a bit more athleticism and speed than you would expect from a 240-pounder.

Didn't an old washed up LJ beat this kid out of carries? Also, I heard that Priest would come back and play before they give Battle the rock...just saying.

Found a couple of plays from the 2010 preseason (I don't think TJ could have pulled off either run...)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81a3b06c/Preseason-Week-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Winning-the-Battle

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819ec890/Battle-s-21-yard-run

I won't call him Peyton Hillis, but he's got a bit more athleticism and speed than you would expect from a 240-pounder.

I believe he ran a 4.35 40..

Didn't an old washed up LJ beat this kid out of carries? Also, I heard that Priest would come back and play before they give Battle the rock...just saying.

An old washed-up LJ beat Jamaal Charles out of carries until LJ opened his mouth and inserted his foot. He then gave TJ more carries than Charles last year. I wouldn't put too much stock in Haley's RB depth chart, he sure doesn't seem to care.

An old washed-up LJ beat Jamaal Charles out of carries until LJ opened his mouth and inserted his foot. He then gave TJ more carries than Charles last year. I wouldn't put too much stock in Haley's RB depth chart, he sure doesn't seem to care.

So true. I just don't see the talent in Battle. Even when LJ was running ahead of Charles, Jamaal was still ripping 6 yards a clip. And you are right sir, Haley is a D-Bag. I say he is out after this year in KC.

I had Jamal Charles AND Thomas Jones last year and I started BOTH of them most weeks, and it was the #1 running game in the NFL. Drafted Jones this year thinking he'd be maybe slightly worse than last year, still the "starter" ... the veteran there, and when Charles got hurt, it looked like Jones was going to have a lot of value this year.

Apparently he went from a reliable, 1000 yard, back to ... crap in the blink of one off season. What happened? I'm still not convinced Haley is just trying to keep "Old Man" Jones healthy for the last 8 weeks .... and everyone knows, #1 RBs have a lot of value in FF. The job should be Joneses to lose, right?

I had Jamal Charles AND Thomas Jones last year and I started BOTH of them most weeks, and it was the #1 running game in the NFL. Drafted Jones this year thinking he'd be maybe slightly worse than last year, still the "starter" ... the veteran there, and when Charles got hurt, it looked like Jones was going to have a lot of value this year.

Apparently he went from a reliable, 1000 yard, back to ... crap in the blink of one off season. What happened? I'm still not convinced Haley is just trying to keep "Old Man" Jones healthy for the last 8 weeks .... and everyone knows, #1 RBs have a lot of value in FF. The job should be Joneses to lose, right?

It should be, but it is Thomas Jones. Have you watched a game yet? I am a huge TJ fan, but the gas tank is like a quarter tank full. His best days, and even his "serviceable" days, are behind him I think. Hell, I thought that a few years ago, and traded him when he blew up as a Jet. Now, several years later, I am surely convinced. You do have the right concept, that RB1 on teams, should carry some value in fantasy football. But, not with this team. The guy is 33 years old, and plays on a putrid offense..and Haley is like Mike Shanny Lite.

would you drop spiller for him ?...been hanging onto spiller because if fred gets hurt he could explode

FWIW, I was going to drop Spiller for him if I didn't get Redman off waivers. I got Redman for Spiller and didn't have anybody else droppable, so I passed on Battle. He got scooped up the next day.

I'd make the move. Spiller's only value is if Jackson gets hurt. Despite his age, he has low mileage and seems like a good bet to stay healthy. I'd rather take a shot on a guy who may be the No. 1 even without an injury, even if it's on a shitty offense.

P.S. and the only reason I went Redman is because I have both Rice and Hillis on byes (along with Romo and Dez). Suffice to say, I need a one-week wonder in a major way, especially since my opponent has nobody on a bye and has Rodgers/Welker in a PPR/.5 per completion league.

He's donzo man. Like I said, playing in a purely supplemental role for the past couple years masked the deficiencies in his game. I'm not sold on Battle, I think this is the most hilarious hype train ever. Then again, looking at some of the players people in this thread had rostered, I don't blame them for taking a chance. There's something slightly appealing about this situation..but then you take a step back and realize he's unproven with a shite coach, shite supporting cast on a shite team. There's not too much to like, but hey I'm all for a Cinderalla story.