Sign in to follow this  
miggs721

Jackie Battle...whos aboard

Man I've been holding onto Deji Karim as my flier back, but this hype train is spiraling out of control. Battle a better flier then Karim?

I had Deji as a flier/handcuff to MJD, and dropped him for Battle, FWIW. MJD is holding up fine, and if anything the issue there is that he is not getting enough touches. If MJD gets hurt, how many would Deji get anyway? Battle is getting his shot now. If he doesn't, or sucks when he gets it, I figure worst case I can drop him and grab Deji (not that I would necessarily grab Deji back, but that is how I rationalized it).

This is why we play fantasy football, to debate the upside of a scrub on a pathetic team that normally no one should care about!

I'd rather drop him next week then miss out on the beginning of the Battle era! :doublethumbsup:

This is why we play fantasy football, to debate the upside of a scrub on a pathetic team that normally no one should care about!

I'd rather drop him next week then miss out on the beginning of the Battle era! :doublethumbsup:

got bids in on him in 3 leagues! you f'rs better be on to somthing!! LOL

seriously though.. why not take a shot.. :doublethumbsup:

I can't wait to see what happens with him tomorrow. :lol:

Either way, we will have something to laugh at. :D

Should be fun!

Also, Inside The Matchup has no mention of J.Battle.

It does mention the bad stats against the Colts rushing defense.

picked up battle ..,but i'm starting the colts defense tomorrow

For those of you who are newer to these boreds, understand that a "hype train" isn't really about the player or even the result. It's about the sense of comradery you get coming together and putting your hope in a fat piece of ###### like Jackie Battle. For those who choose not to participate, don't come in here with your common sense and average knowledge, trying to break this lovefest up. In the small chance that Jackie Battle is anything more than a wasted roster spot, then we will look back on this day, as the day we picked up Jackie Battle before he was "Jackie Battle". Once again Choo Choo bitches!!

For those of you who are newer to these boreds, understand that a "hype train" isn't really about the player or even the result. It's about the sense of comradery you get coming together and putting your hope in a fat piece of ###### like Jackie Battle. For those who choose not to participate, don't come in here with your common sense and average knowledge, trying to break this lovefest up. In the small chance that Jackie Battle is anything more than a wasted roster spot, then we will look back on this day, as the day we picked up Jackie Battle before he was "Jackie Battle". Once again Choo Choo bitches!!

touche pussycat, TOUCHE!

The question is has Battle gotten first or second-team reps with the offense this week? Why hasn't there been any update on that? You would think that more than anything would dictate whether he's worth an add or not...

No one knows anything? Bueller...?

Exactly.

Where are the reports of Battle running reps with the first team?

Thomas Jones needs to retire before Haley doesn't give him carries.

I picked up Battle in all 3 leagues, dropping players like Burleson and Murray.

I have a feeling. Dunno why. :dunno:

You know what's funny, this match-up may be a blessing and a curse. T.Jones sucks, he's horrible but much like LJ two years ago, I don't see KC shying away from Jones RIGHT away. He will still get touches and vs. this IND offense he might actually look decent. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones come out of this game with the most carries...not in the slightest.

Got Ridley last week.

So why not jump early and get Battle this week.

Dropped Ball, so why not take a flier.

I can't believe I did it, but I rostered him too. Several years ago, this website gave me Fast Willie Parker and I hitched my team to him and won the League. I also ended up with Jamaal Charles a couple seasons ago based on a "crazy" post like this. I cannot see Battle doing much, if anything, but it didn't cost me anything to roster him as I had a roster slot open. If the news is pointing to him being the starter on Sunday, I'll give him a shot. I'm playing the weakest team in our league this week, so if he does nothing, I don't think it will cost me a victory.

Even though this hype train seems incredibly unlikely to leave the station, thanks for posting. Little nuggets like this can win you a title and you may not be giving up anything at all.

Teams decimated by injuries or incompetence need a savior to rescue them from FF despair. Let them have this here.

:first:

Chugga chugga chugga chugga CHOO CHOO

I did it! I have boarded the train. Now where is the bar?

You can't see the bar on the Battle train. It's set too high. :P

We have officially lost it boys.

But I also rostered him! Jackie isn't the most manly name I can think of....he kind of fits on my POS team.

Early on..........it was D. Moore

Last week......it was Ridley.

This week......Battle

So,........who will the "train" be boarding next week??

I haven't got my nerve up high enough to out right drop Hightower so that I can add Battle.

Trying to trade Hightower to the Torrian owner first. :lol:

I haven't got my nerve up high enough to out right drop Hightower so that I can add Battle.

Trying to trade Hightower to the Torrian owner first. :lol:

Ah ###### it. I'm on the train now too. I'll roster him in all three of my leagues and convince my wife to pick him up as well!

This week......Battle

see there's a difference between jumping on some wagon from believing that player whose wagon you're jumping on will produce above and beyond most mortal can produce. I'm a strong proponent of being extremely active on the WW, and am also a huge proponent of dropping dead weight off my bench for some flavor of the week, in hopes of catching onto something. History has proven that these players are out there, year after year. What amuses me most is dudes actually believing that battle will start, somehow on one of the worst teams in the league, when he's been toiling in mediocrity behind other dudes that aren't that great anymore, and will produce to the tune of 5000 total yards over the rest of the year!

That is, any way you slice it, stupidity. Just so we're clear, this is also very different from everyone jumping on Foster's wagon before last year's start of the season. That dude was a decent player in college, and played his a$$ off in the preseason. he also had minimal competition as he was set to start for a pretty decent offense. This guy hasn't sniffed more than 2 touches for a while, playing behind a 96 year old dinosaur amongst 3 other rbs. And all of a sudden he's going to save everyone's FF season. Definition of FULL RETARD...

I'm manning my Battlestation!! (I hope that's not a bad omen mentioning "Manning")

Wait a second..Isn't this the same Chiefs team who with J.Charles was looked at as a good canidate for

the playoffs? I do not follow the Chiefs much but I do know who their skill players are.

Before J.Charles went down was he not a top 5 pick in most drafts? T.Jones is pretty much done

and McCluster looks ok, but from what I have read about Battle, is that he is big, fast and has the moves to make people miss.

I am still trying to find out if he worked out with the first team this week.

No word yet on that?

#1. He will get the ball.

#2. If he breaks free for a long Td the Chiefs will never look back.

#3. The people who didn't pick him up will be pissed that they didn't. Me included. I do not have a player to drop.

The potential upside is huge. If he busts, than no harm because you had a player you could drop to take the chance on

a possible rb gem.

Good Luck!

I am all for adding break out candidates but I have seen nothing in this thread to sell me on battle.

Here's the breakdown of last week:

T. Jones 11 37 3.4 0 12

D. McCluster 7 26 3.7 0 12

J. Battle 5 22 4.4 0 10

M. Cassel 4 20 5.0 0 11

L. McClain 1 -2 -2.0 0 0

Team 28 103 3.7 0 12

It appears to me that, with the Chiefs actually winning a game in the 4th and needing to run out the clock, they turned to battle to pick up a couple first downs.

Then, Haley who we all hate, says battle should get more carries.

That's it. That's all I've seen.

Maybe he blows up in Indy but I honestly don't expect the Chiefs to be in 4th quarter, killing the clock mode very often. Will Battle take over 1st and 2nd downs from TJ and McCluster? Remains to be seen.

I am all for adding break out candidates but I have seen nothing in this thread to sell me on battle.

Here's the breakdown of last week:

T. Jones 11 37 3.4 0 12

D. McCluster 7 26 3.7 0 12

J. Battle 5 22 4.4 0 10

M. Cassel 4 20 5.0 0 11

L. McClain 1 -2 -2.0 0 0

Team 28 103 3.7 0 12

It appears to me that, with the Chiefs actually winning a game in the 4th and needing to run out the clock, they turned to battle to pick up a couple first downs.

Then, Haley who we all hate, says battle should get more carries.

That's it. That's all I've seen.

Maybe he blows up in Indy but I honestly don't expect the Chiefs to be in 4th quarter, killing the clock mode very often. Will Battle take over 1st and 2nd downs from TJ and McCluster? Remains to be seen.

the YPC stick out a little, even thought it is a small sample size. Whats the risk if you have something to spare? if he plays like crap drop him...c'mon theres some room on this train, got a nice seat picked out for ya.

Give me a good reason to cut Crabtree or Hardesty for him and I'll bite.

Dude had 5 carries last week and plays for the Chiefs.

Best I can see right now is that he takes over TJ's role exclusively and is in a time share with McClusterf*ck. Great.

Whose the goal line back in this offense?

Oh wait it doesn't matter...it's the Chiefs.

Here's ESPN's week 5 outlook:

'ESPN Projection

WEEK 5

Yds: 0/30/0, TDs: 0

You beat the Colts by stuffing the football down their throats, and Battle did just have a season-high five carries in Week 4. We'll see more of him here, but we still like Dexter McCluster if we're going to pick any Chiefs back.'

Strike while the iron is hot!

Count me in...Woodhead wasn't doing much on my bench...Welcome to the team Jackie :headbanger:

This....

This guy is going to make or break your season....Just dropped Victor Cruz for him to add to my stable....all kidding aside, I think he could emerge as the lead back...Thoughts, and is he really worth an add. I still have Cruz fwiw

OP Did you even make a move for this guy?

Bomb or bust tomm will be interesting. This whole thread is perplexing.

This week......Battle

James Davis.

This week......Battle

the train will now part ways with D. Moore ...i passed on E. Decker for Moore :wall:

The running Battle :thumbsup: has been won Choo Choo

This guy is going to make or break your season....Just dropped Victor Cruz for him to add to my stable....all kidding aside, I think he could emerge as the lead back...Thoughts, and is he really worth an add. I still have Cruz fwiw

Great call!....on the flip side, Cruz is having a great game to. Too bad you dropped him.