Sign in to follow this  
miggs721

Jackie Battle...whos aboard

I'm in just dumped Jones for him! We'll see what happens but why not right? Not like TJ had any more upside than 30 yards anymore!

I'm in just dumped Jones for him! We'll see what happens but why not right? Not like TJ had any more upside than 30 yards anymore!

Yeah because after Rice, DMC, Best .... and HOW MANY PLAYERS IN YOUR LEAGUE?

Just dropped Javon for Jackie. I still have James Casey on my roster in case there is potential elsewhere. :shocking:

Would you drop Tate for him ?

My feeling is that I don't like dropping a solid handcuff even though I don't have A.Foster.

I wouldn't like the Foster owner to pick him up either. I don't wish for anyone to get hurt but

with Hamstring issues to Foster it could tweek again at any time and then I would have Tate.

Or am I just wishing and holding on to a player who may never have value to my team?

I have Rice on bye ,McFadden, S.Green, Hightower on Bye and Tate.

I don't think I would drop a wr for him. My wr's are

H.Nicks,S.Johnson,M.Austin,M.Colston & Burleson. I would drop Burleson but I would want

to pick up another wr for him.

I will not drop my kr's until after 1 of their bye weeks.

I like playing matchups even though it is still a crap shoot with kr's.

My Kr's are Gostkowski and Hanson

Would you drop Tate for him ?

My feeling is that I don't like dropping a solid handcuff even though I don't have A.Foster.

I wouldn't like the Foster owner to pick him up either. I don't wish for anyone to get hurt but

with Hamstring issues to Foster it could tweek again at any time and then I would have Tate.

Or am I just wishing and holding on to a player who may never have value to my team?

Absolutely not. Tate - along with Michael Bush and a few others - are among the most valuable handcuffs in fantasy. You don't have to explain yourself in terms of not wanting a player to get hurt. Fantasy football is a game of opportunity, with injuries often creating that opportunity for a player. I assure you while there is a chance Tate may not have value to YOUR team anytime soon, he is still valuable.

I do want to be clear about one thing. The only thing Haley has said about Battle is that he would likely receive more carries. I have not seen anything to suggest he will start nor has he been promised 10+ carries. Now, a good game vs. Indy may lead to 15+ carries, but that's assuming a lot at this point.

Absolutely not. Tate - along with Michael Bush and a few others - are among the most valuable handcuffs in fantasy. You don't have to explain yourself in terms of not wanting a player to get hurt. Fantasy football is a game of opportunity, with injuries often creating that opportunity for a player. I assure you while there is a chance Tate may not have value to YOUR team anytime soon, he is still valuable.

if your waiver does not reset & your sitting on top with the #1 spot & then why not...if the guy that owned tate while foster was hurt ..,were to drop him.,i don't think anybody would even pick him up. I'm tired of holding on to players that dont produce ..like,k. moreno...stewart/williams etc

the early bird gets the worm ....so you don't have to waste a waiver spot...

battle :thumbsup:

if he produces then wouldn't rather have some points ...,then a valuable handcuff ???

Thanks! I have to say that it is real tempting. I will not drop Tate. I just can't get myself do it.

I can't even drop a Te due to having Gronkowski and Graham.

Maybe one of my kr's..I like having kr's on producing offenses.

Gostkowski on NE and J.Hanson on Det.

My major issue is wanting to pick up Battle and T.Young.

Burleson is droppable for T.Young but I have a soft spot in my heart for Burly

due to him helping me win a championship a few years back.

Thank you for helping.

I think I would kick myself for a long time if this guy breaks out and I was protecting a second kicker rather than picking him up. You can always find another kicker on the wire for your primary kicker's bye week. Also I would absolutely drop Burleson for Titus. I had to drop Titus this week to make a spot for Witten on my bench and I just know I am going to regret it maybe as early as this Monday night.

I think I would kick myself for a long time if this guy breaks out and I was protecting a second kicker rather than picking him up. You can always find another kicker on the wire for your primary kicker's bye week. Also I would absolutely drop Burleson for Titus. I had to drop Titus this week to make a spot for Witten on my bench and I just know I am going to regret it maybe as early as this Monday night.

I know, I hear ya...Which kr should go?Hanson or Gostkowski> and would you start T.Young over Colston.

My other two wr starters will be H.Nicks and S.Johnson. I am also starting Graham over Gronk.

I am starting 3 wr's this week due to Rice and Hightower being on a bye week

I am really thinking of just dropping Burleson for Young and Gostkowski for Battle.

Would you guys drop any of these guys for him (PPR league)

Jacobs

Reggie Bush

Starks (obviously probably not)

I know, I hear ya...Which kr should go?Hanson or Gostkowski> and would you start T.Young over Colston.

My other two wr starters will be H.Nicks and S.Johnson. I am also starting Graham over Gronk.

I am starting 3 wr's this week due to Rice and Hightower being on a bye week

I am really thinking of just dropping Burleson for Young and Gostkowski for Battle.

I like Hanson over Gostkowski and Hanson has the later bye week which allows you more time before you have to deal with the headache. I would definitely drop Burly for Titus but I would probably start Colston over Titus but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Titus goes off on Monday. I just think the Saints are going to want to get Colston back up to speed by feeding him a number of targets this week. Titus is going to have a breakout week and sooner rather than later its just hard to know for sure that its this week.

I do want to be clear about one thing. The only thing Haley has said about Battle is that he would likely receive more carries. I have not seen anything to suggest he will start nor has he been promised 10+ carries. Now, a good game vs. Indy may lead to 15+ carries, but that's assuming a lot at this point.

I dont get this. If he doesnt have foster, who is healthy right now, whats the point? you cant predict injuries. would you rather have a guy that might step up right NOW or hang on to a guy that might not ever get a crack at the starting position for the rest of the year? Not to mention the injury to tate to boot. I would drop tate for him. would you drop tate for torain at this point? last week shanny said he was thinking of benching hightower, many people picked up torain on speculation and how did that turn out? :dunno:

I dont get this. If he doesnt have foster, who is healthy right now, whats the point? you cant predict injuries. would you rather have a guy that might step up right NOW or hang on to a guy that might not ever get a crack at the starting position for the rest of the year? Not to mention the injury to tate to boot. I would drop tate for him. would you drop tate for torain at this point? last week shanny said he was thinking of benching hightower, many people picked up torain on speculation and how did that turn out? :dunno:

You should trade the foster owner Tate, that is just too easy to drop him and pick him up for free. You can't let the foster owner get a freebie like that.

Anyone who is planned to see 10-15 carries is a solid add. We'll see how he does before starting him though.

You wouldn't happen to be a Chiefs fan, would you?

He will be owned all over the country after this week.

Indi seems like the perfect matchup to break out against.

130 yards and 2-3 scores.

You wouldn't happen to be a Chiefs fan, would you?

No, just a fan of a team who hasn't won the SB since 1969. :cry:

I have a trade that I was just offered.

Stafford or Vick for 1 of my Te's.

If I could please get a few more opinionsthat would be really great.

Thanks!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=391905

Conservatively, Battle has 36 carries for 345 yards and 5 TDs this Sunday.

Would you guys drop any of these guys for him (PPR league)

Jacobs

Reggie Bush

Starks (obviously probably not)

I just dropped Arian Foster for him.

I'm in 14 team league so What the heck right? I just dropped Painter for Battle (don't ask)..the only question is do I start Battle or Redman at the flex spot? :unsure:

Redman and it's not even close. Also, I see some people looking to drop low-end WR3/RB3 options for Battle...don't.

From ESPN.

Battle had five carries for 22 yards in Week 4, hardly the sort of numbers that normally send owners scrambling to the waiver wire, but with Dexter McCluster's small stature being an issue in terms of him being a viable every down back and Thomas Jones and Le'Ron McClain not exactly tearing it up, the Chiefs may turn to Battle more than they have in the past, starting with Sunday's game against the Colts. What Battle does with any added opportunities he may see remains to be seen, but he has the size and speed to make a splash, which probably makes him worth a speculative dart to see if he can emerge as a fantasy factor in the wake of Jamaal Charles' injury.

Thu, Oct 6

Also from ESPN

You beat the Colts by stuffing the football down their throats, and Battle did just have a season-high five carries in Week 4. We'll see more of him here, but we still like Dexter McCluster if we're going to pick any Chiefs back

My point is you get value out of Tate. Foster's owner may be putting on a brave face, but he wants Tate (barring ridiculous depth). And really, what are the chances Battle plays up to the level of first-half-of-2010 T Jones? Not great. I might drop Tate for someone like Bush, but if you are considering Battle right now, you are in a pretty deep league. In the end, what is each player capable of? Tate has every-week 100-yard potential in his offense if Foster has a setback. Battle MAY see an increase in carries from his career-high five last week.

I'll have to admit...I guess my opinions on players don't peak and valley as much as others'. Until last week, Tate was ready to forge a committee with Foster. Now he's a candidate to be dropped? Has he lost value? Sure he has, but he still has some left, especially in that offense. To answer your question on Torain, I would say no. I have zero confidence in Torain's ability to stay healthy and wouldn't be surprised if the bye week doesn't beat him up a little :P

seem to recall battle having serious fumble problems in the preseason and training camps. die hard chiefs fans feel free to shoot that down but i think thats why he's never seen the field.

this hype is rather insane and born of total RB desparation. There will continue to be no RB worth owning in KC. If anything, I think this is the week the chiefs open up the passing game more. 1st round draft pick Baldwin will finally see the field so cassel will have 3 solid targets to throw too. the o-line has been serviceable, but for some reason kc has refused to let cassel go downfield. i bet they do this week. maybe battle will get some GL touches but i dont see big yardage at all.

The question is has Battle gotten first or second-team reps with the offense this week? Why hasn't there been any update on that? You would think that more than anything would dictate whether he's worth an add or not...

No one knows anything? Bueller...?

I am now seriously about to drop Hightower for J.Battle.

With Shanny playing games with the backs, I am tired of it. This is the first time

that I have ever owned a rb on a Shanny team. I am about done.

I figure what do I have to lose by dropping a rb who I don't even know will start after the bye and instead pick up

a rb who I know is in favor of his coach. I read the article. They love this kid and they are going to

give him more playing time. Risk? Yeah, some. Potential Upside? Pretty much!

Let the guy who picked up Torrian drop another player and pick up Hightower,

Let him have the headache. I have Rice and McFadden anyway. Knock On Wood.

Man I've been holding onto Deji Karim as my flier back, but this hype train is spiraling out of control. Battle a better flier then Karim?

I finally decided......dropped Scott and picked up Battle.

If he doesn't work out....back to the waiver wire, but no real risk here. I liked Scott since I have Benson, but right now he is pretty worthless.

People are really dropping Jacobs and Hightower, players have have scored multiple tds and are on winning teams, for Jackie Battle?

Insanity.

People are really dropping Jacobs and Hightower, players have have scored multiple tds and are on winning teams, for Jackie Battle?

Insanity.

Insane? Or are we SO sane that we just blew your mind?

Yeah because after Rice, DMC, Best .... and HOW MANY PLAYERS IN YOUR LEAGUE?

10 team redraft.

Rice 1.02

DMC 2.11

Brady 2.02

Insanity.

I haven't done it yet but I really am considering it.

Why shouldn't I? Hightower is in a threesome backfield that Shanny loves to rotate.

Who gets the production? Most think its Torrian now.

He will be owned all over the country after this week.

Indi seems like the perfect matchup to break out against.

130 yards and 2-3 scores.

this is classic, just classic!!! The team is in shambles, and this guy hasn't been able to get any burn ahead of a 78 year old thomas jones but just because their season is going down the drain and they are going to give this cat some touches, he's going to be a world beater now. 8000 TOTAL YARDS THIS YEAR!!!

this board is a trip and a half...

this is classic, just classic!!! The team is in shambles, and this guy hasn't been able to get any burn ahead of a 78 year old thomas jones but just because their season is going down the drain and they are going to give this cat some touches, he's going to be a world beater now. 8000 TOTAL YARDS THIS YEAR!!!

this board is a trip and a half...

:cheers:

The Chiefs will run the ball this week. They want to start off the 2nd qtr of the season with a win

and what a better way to get a win with running the ball against the Colts.

I don't know how much practice he has had with the first team offense because we can't

seam to find this info out. An article out of Kc say's that the Chiefs are going to Battle this week.

That is one of the main resons why everyone is jumping on board.

It's for the hope/chance of catching a rb who just might have a chance to blow up.