Sign in to follow this  
patweisers44

Constitution - Section 1 (league makeup, finances)

If we tackle this a section at a time we should have it finalized by the time we need to draft rookie players next year. I will write up a draft, section-by-section, leave the thread open to comments for a period of time, and after "finalized" we'll have a vote on the text, majority rules. If you are bailing out on the league, speak now.

Please comment on the following:

Die Nasty Dynasty League - League makeup and Finances

The league shall be made up of 12 teams playing in three divisions. These division assignments shall remain constant unless altered by unanimous league vote. If the league votes to realign divisions, the realignment will be handled by the commissioners (Edjr and YoStevo(?), until further notice) in a random fashion to be determined.

Yearly entry fee shall be $55. This shall be payable to commissioner by June 15th via paypal or method acceptable to commisioner.

League website fees shall be deducted from this.

Other payouts are as follows:

$5 per week for highest weekly total.

$25 for each division winner.

$25 for yearly highest point total.

Remaining money will be split 75%-25% between the Nasty Bowl Champion and the Nasty Bowl Runnerup.

I saw a great way of doing the divisions.

3 division winners get to do a draft from the remaining teams for who is in their division.

I will be the 1st pick :headbanger:

3 division winners get to do a draft from the remaining teams for who is in their division.

That would actually be fun. But it'd take away a little bit of the strategy as far as trading within the division and whatnot.

That said, I support fun more than strategy, so whatever.

i like it, we'll leave it open for discussion for a bit then add it in (if necessary) and vote on it. I would assume this "division draft" would take place after we do our five round college draft.

Thanks pat for doing this.

At some point in some thread someone mentioned a lack of leadership. And that has merit, but at the same time, I appreciate Ed for stepping up and doing more for the league this year than ever. He can be wishy-washy, fly off the handle, and uses "i quit" too much (schtick old), but he is doing better than ever, but there is room for improvment.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of an owner or two. I would hate to lose kutulu or Gary. If your heart isn't in it, do what you have to do.

I consider some of you guys my best internet friends. This league and site does a lot for me, sadly enough.

:music_guitarred:

At some point in some thread someone mentioned a lack of leadership. And that has merit, but at the same time, I appreciate Ed for stepping up and doing more for the league this year than ever. He can be wishy-washy, fly off the handle, and uses "i quit" too much (schtick old), but he is doing better than ever, but there is room for improvment.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of an owner or two. I would hate to lose kutulu or Gary. If your heart isn't in it, do what you have to do.

I consider some of you guys my best internet friends. This league and site does a lot for me, sadly enough.

:thumbsup:

I don't claim to be a great commish. However, I do care and I don't meddle in people's trades. I've been asking for help as far as rules and that thing. As far as the site and the money, we haven't had a problem with either, no need to change those.

II. Settings & Scoring:

A. Settings:

1. Max Teams: 12

2. Scoring: Head-to-Head

3. Can’t Cut List: None

4. Max Moves/Transactions: Unlimited

5. Waiver Type: FAAB Nasty bucks (20$)

6: Weekly Waivers: I'll let ed try to explain this

7. Trade Review: Commissioner

8. Playoffs: Weeks 14, 15, & 16 (6 teams)

9. Roster Positions: 30 (and 2 IR spot)

 QB

 WR (2)

 RB (2)

 TE

 WR/RB

 K

 DEF

 Bench (21)

 IR (2)

10. Fractional Points: Yes

11. Negative Points: Yes

12. Draft Type: Live Online Draft

B. Scoring:

OFFENSE

1. Passing Yards: 25 yards per point

2. Passing Touchdowns: 6 Points

3. Interceptions: -1 Points

4. Rushing Yards: 10 yards per point

5. Rushing Touchdowns: 6 Points

6. Reception Yards: 10 yards per point

7. Reception Touchdowns: 6 Points

9. 2-Point Conversions: 2 Points

10. Fumbles Lost: -1 Points

KICKING

1. Field Goal Made (0 - 39 yds): 3 Points

2. Field Goal Made (40 - 49 yds): 5 Points

3. Field Goal Made (50 - 59 yds): 7 Points

4. Field Goal Made (60+ yds): 10 Points

4. PAT Made: 1 Point

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:

1. Sack: 1 Point

2. Interception: 1 Point

3. Fumble Recovery: 1 Point

4. Touchdown: 6 Points

5. Safety: 3 Points

6. Block Kick: 0 Point?

8. Return Touchdowns: 6 Points

9. Points Allowed (0 Points): 10 Points

10. Points Allowed (1 - 7 Points): 7 Points

11. Points Allowed (8 - 14 Points): 3 Points

12. Points Allowed (14 - 30 Points): 0 Point <- This makes no sense by the way? Allowing 14 points scored is worth both 3 and 0 points>?

13. Points Allowed (31 - 99 Points): -5 Points

Couple other relevant snippets taken from the constitution of the league I commish...

Draft Order:

Draft Order will be the inverse of the previous season's Post-Season Standings. (Last place picks 1st and vice versa). The draft is NOT a serpentine (snake) draft. The team with the 1st pick of the 1st round will have the 1st pick of the 2nd round, etc.

Injured Reserve:

Managers may place two (2) players on the Injured Reserve for keeper consideration the following year.

Trading:

1. All trades are reviewed by the commissioner and processed immediately after.

2. No trades will be rejected, unless collusion* is suspected.

* If collusion is suspected, the commissioner will speak with both parties of interest and call a league vote, if deemed necessary.

3. No “trade backs” allowed. Trading the same player(s) back and forth between the same two teams, over the course of a single season is prohibited.

Roger Goodell Rule:

1. No Manager shall take actions to intentionally lose games or points. These actions include, but are not limited to:

 Leaving Starting Roster positions empty.

 Benching top players.

 Releasing top players to Waiver Wire.

 Collusion: Managers taking collaborated actions to improve a team at the expense of another.

2. Any Manager(s) judged to be partaking in such actions will get last pick of the following year’s draft.

3. The Commissioner will have final rule in matters of fair play.

12. Points Allowed (14 - 30 Points): 0 Point[/b] <- This makes no sense by the way? Allowing 14 points scored is worth both 3 and 0 points>?

fixed. thank you

Couple other relevant snippets taken from the constitution of the league I commish...

Draft Order:

Draft Order will be the inverse of the previous season's Post-Season Standings. (Last place picks 1st and vice versa). The draft is NOT a serpentine (snake) draft. The team with the 1st pick of the 1st round will have the 1st pick of the 2nd round, etc.

Injured Reserve:

Managers may place two (2) players on the Injured Reserve for keeper consideration the following year.

Trading:

* If collusion is suspected, the commissioner will speak with both parties of interest and call a league vote, if deemed necessary.

3. No “trade backs” allowed. Trading the same player(s) back and forth between the same two teams, over the course of a single season is prohibited.

Roger Goodell Rule:

1. No Manager shall take actions to intentionally lose games or points. These actions include, but are not limited to:

 Benching top players.

 Collusion: Managers taking collaborated actions to improve a team at the expense of another.

2. Any Manager(s) judged to be partaking in such actions will get last pick of the following year’s draft.

All good stuff. trying to do this in small sections so it isnt overwhelming. draft, trades, lineups, etc will be their own sections. Baby steps....

 Benching top players.

This could be dicey. I benched AD last year in the :first: round.

Yet, I still beat all you retards. :banana:

All good stuff. trying to do this in small sections so it isnt overwhelming. draft, trades, lineups, etc will be their own sections. Baby steps....

:doublethumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I don't claim to be a great commish. However, I do care and I don't meddle in people's trades. I've been asking for help as far as rules and that thing. As far as the site and the money, we haven't had a problem with either, no need to change those.

i certainly dont want the commish position, but i have no problem taking the lead on the drafting of the league bylaws. When all is said and done, I think if we go with a committee of two (edjr and yostevo(?) things will run smoothly.

i certainly dont want the commish position, but i have no problem taking the lead on the drafting of the league bylaws. When all is said and done, I think if we go with a committee of two (edjr and yostevo(?) things will run smoothly.

I havent commented much because i really dont think i'll be back. This league and fftoday jumped the shark for me awhile ago. Sad but true. I know... i know door=ass.

I havent commented much because i really dont think i'll be back. This league and fftoday jumped the shark for me awhile ago. Sad but true. I know... i know door=ass.

:banana:

I'll take over scuba steve's team, someone else can have mine :banana:

I'll take over scuba steve's team, someone else can have mine :banana:

I support this, as it would take another team out of contender status. :thumbsup:

Schtick?

I support this, as it would take another team out of contender status. :thumbsup:

:lol:

:fu:

:nono:

:mad:

I'm liking everything so far...

We need the sandbagger section in there someplace... also... just majority rules league vote for punishmen/banishment? OR... more like 9/12 type of thing?

I'm liking everything so far...

We need the sandbagger section in there someplace... also... just majority rules league vote for punishmen/banishment? OR... more like 9/12 type of thing?

I say majority. Obviously the owner up on charges shouldn't be a part of the vote. And it'll be hard to even get everyone in here to take part in a vote.

LSG for example....this latest controversy stems from a thread with HIS NAME as the title, yet I don't think he has even responded in it. :dunno:

II. Settings & Scoring:

A. Settings:

1. Max Teams: 12

2. Scoring: Head-to-Head

3. Can’t Cut List: None

4. Max Moves/Transactions: Unlimited

5. Waiver Type: FAAB Nasty bucks (20$)

6: Weekly Waivers: I'll let ed try to explain this

7. Trade Review: Commissioner

8. Playoffs: Weeks 14, 15, & 16 (6 teams)

9. Roster Positions: 30 (and 2 IR spot)

 QB

 WR (2)

 RB (2)

 TE

 WR/RB/TE

 K

 DEF

 Bench (21)

 IR (2)

10. Fractional Points: Yes

11. Negative Points: Yes

12. Draft Type: Live Online Draft

B. Scoring:

OFFENSE

1. Passing Yards: 25 yards per point

2. Passing Touchdowns: 6 Points

3. Interceptions: -1 Points

4. Rushing Yards: 10 yards per point

5. Rushing Touchdowns: 6 Points

6. Reception Yards: 10 yards per point

7. Reception Touchdowns: 6 Points

9. 2-Point Conversions: 2 Points

10. Fumbles Lost: -1 Points

KICKING

1. Field Goal Made (0 - 39 yds): 3 Points

2. Field Goal Made (40 - 49 yds): 5 Points

3. Field Goal Made (50 - 59 yds): 7 Points

4. Field Goal Made (60+ yds): 10 Points

4. PAT Made: 1 Point

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:

1. Sack: 1 Point

2. Interception: 1 Point

3. Fumble Recovery: 1 Point

4. Touchdown: 6 Points

5. Safety: 3 Points

6. Block Kick: 0 Point?

8. Return Touchdowns: 6 Points

9. Points Allowed (0 Points): 10 Points

10. Points Allowed (1 - 7 Points): 7 Points

12. Points Allowed (14 - 30 Points): 0 Point <- This makes no sense by the way? Allowing 14 points scored is worth both 3 and 0 points>?

13. Points Allowed (31 - 99 Points): -5 Points

Well looky here. Ol' gocolts gets to help. We can start 2 TEs too. My TEs are better than my WRs is why I know this.

Well looky here. Ol' gocolts gets to help. We can start 2 TEs too. My TEs are better than my WRs is why I know this.

Nice catch PoColts!

I love how edjr just "fixed" the DST scoring problem too. Good job commish!

Who knows how many games have been decided by those 3 points that the DSTs never got, since allowing 14 points was worth 0 points until an hour ago.

We are such focking amateurs! :doh:

Nice catch PoColts!

Who knows how many games have been decided by those 3 points that the DSTs never got, since allowing 14 points was worth 0 points until an hour ago.

HAHA. That is funny.

Nice catch PoColts!

What are you talking about you focking imp.

You could be the dumbest motherfocker I ever met.

If you used to get 3 points for your defense letting up 14 and you got 0 points for your defense letting up 14 how many does that equal? 3+0=3

Now if your defense lets up 14 you get 3 points. 3 = 3

WHAT THE FOCK IS THE DIFFERENCE SLOTH? :wall:

NOTHING CHANGED!

Who is the amateur corky?

12. Points Allowed (14 - 30 Points): 0 Points

HAHA. That is funny.

HAHA you are stupid too :doh:

What are you talking about you focking imp.

You could be the dumbest motherfocker I ever met.

If you used to get 3 points for your defense letting up 14 and you got 0 points for your defense letting up 14 how many does that equal? 3+0=3

Now if your defense lets up 14 you get 3 points. 3 = 3

WHAT THE FOCK IS THE DIFFERENCE SLOTH? :wall:

NOTHING CHANGED!

Who is the amateur corky?

My bad. I didn't know MFL used some complex algorithm that overrode the stupidity of the commissioner. I figured it worked like all of the crappy apps I program here. If you have one variable assigned to 2 different constants the screen blows up.

:wub:

Draft Order:

Injured Reserve:

Trading:

Roger Goodell Rule:

 Benching top players.

Can we clarify who is eligible to go on IR. I got peyton manning who ain't gonna play this year listed as out,but can't go in IR. right? :bench:

Can we clarify who is eligible to go on IR. I got peyton manning who ain't gonna play this year listed as out,but can't go in IR. right? :bench:

if a player is put on IR by an NFL team, he is thus eligible for IR in our league.

if a player is put on IR by an NFL team, he is thus eligible for IR in our league.

No problem, the rules draft don't state that yet.

No problem, the rules draft don't state that yet.

The website will not allow you to place someone on IR, unless they are on IR in the NFL

don't need rules for that :music_guitarred:

The website will not allow you to place someone on IR, unless they are on IR in the NFL

don't need rules for that :music_guitarred:

ca

Yeah no use in making anything clear to a new owner so you have to explain it to them when they ask. We all "know" it, I really don't care, thought I would help.

ca

Yeah no use in making anything clear to a new owner so you have to explain it to them when they ask. We all "know" it, I really don't care, thought I would help.

You are correct, it should be written down.

I was just letting you know :P