Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

How is Ron Paul not gaining ground?

Romney is a waffler.

Cain is a liar with no foreign policy.

Perry can't even debate.

Gingrich is the one moving up. He's without a doubt the most intelligent and seasoned but his personal history should rule him out from the get-go.

Why isn't Paul gaining ground on this clown college?

Romney is a waffler.

Perry can't even debate.

Gingrich is the one moving up. He's without a doubt the most intelligent and seasoned but his personal history should rule him out from the get-go.

Because people prefer clowns?

I love what he has to say, but I find that politicians that agree with me are pretty much unelectable.

Ron Paul's support is capped. His message resonates greatly with 10% of the people polled but getting that number up to 12% or 15% or higher is proving to be very difficult. Ron Paul asks for people to do without government programs they've grown accustomed to. He's not afraid to take positions anathema to a large number of the electorate. People are more concerned with their own private interests than they are in the greater good of the country (especially primary voters and that applies to both parties)

His own party and the media are successfully marginalizing him as much as possible.

There's that going on to. In 2008, I saw one Republican Party talking head hack (and I don't remember who it was) who called Ron Paul supporters "crabgrass" that you don't want to actually grow. I wanted to light the mofo on fire or else kidnap him and lock him in phillybear's basement or something.

For Ron Paul to win he has to succeed in a party primary where most of the voters are either dipsh*t evilgelicals or apologists for big money interests. It's nearly impossible.

I love what he has to say, but I find that politicians that agree with me are pretty much unelectable.

Ron Paul's support is capped. His message resonates greatly with 10% of the people polled but getting that number up to 12% or 15% or higher is proving to be very difficult. Ron Paul asks for people to do without government programs they've grown accustomed to. He's not afraid to take positions anathema to a large number of the electorate. People are more concerned with their own private interests than they are in the greater good of the country (especially primary voters and that applies to both parties)

Yup.

His own party and the media are successfully marginalizing him as much as possible.

Yup.

There's that going on to. In 2008, I saw one Republican Party talking head hack (and I don't remember who it was) who called Ron Paul supporters "crabgrass" that you don't want to actually grow. I wanted to light the mofo on fire or else kidnap him and lock him in phillybear's basement or something.

I was listening to Hannity a few weeks ago driving back from CT. Don't hold it against me. And he was talking about one of the Republican debates and I kid you not he did not mention Ron Paul one time. The only time he said his name was when he discussed the results of how people reacted and Ron Paul came in 2nd or 3rd.

As much animosity as plays out publicly between the reps and dems, you know they have more than a few unspoken agreements between the leadership of both parties to maintain the status quo, and keep the gravy train flowing.

Ron Paul threatens a lot of people. High level bureaucrats that behind the scenes. Special interest groups that know he has put out too many specific positions to be bent by their contributions. Most importantly, the military industrial complex that has a huge interest in keeping as many of our troops overseas as possible.

As much animosity as plays out publicly between the reps and dems, you know they have more than a few unspoken agreements between the leadership of both parties to maintain the status quo, and keep the gravy train flowing.

Ron Paul threatens a lot of people. High level bureaucrats that behind the scenes. Special interest groups that know he has put out too many specific positions to be bent by their contributions. Most importantly, the military industrial complex that has a huge interest in keeping as many of our troops overseas as possible.

(fuckin) Yup.

I don't see it that way. There's no grand conspiracy between the GOP and the Dems, they genuinely hate each other and barely talk let alone secretly coordinate things.

The problem is that each side polices it's own so that there is no variance.

If you run as a Republican, you have to check every button: pro-life, no tax hikes, huge adventerous military, no regulation of banks and polluters, entitlement reform.

A candidate may look at that list and say, "we'll I can agree with two or maybe three of those but not all of them" but if they don't endorse all five (or whatever) with proper enthusiasm, they have no chance of making it through the primary.

And let's not pick on the GOP only.

If a Dem candidate doesn't enthusiastically promise to protect welfare, unions, affirmative action, the education establishment, and trial lawyers, their chance of getting through the primaries are pretty much zero as well.

Candidates take the two or three issues taht move them, buy into the other ones they don't really care about, don't make waves, and there you have a fine upstanding member of the GOP or Dem establishment.

I don't see it that way. There's no grand conspiracy between the GOP and the Dems, they genuinely hate each other and barely talk let alone secretly coordinate things.

The problem is that each side polices it's own so that there is no variance.

If you run as a Republican, you have to check every button: pro-life, no tax hikes, huge adventerous military, no regulation of banks and polluters, entitlement reform.

A candidate may look at that list and say, "we'll I can agree with two or maybe three of those but not all of them" but if they don't endorse all five (or whatever) with proper enthusiasm, they have no chance of making it through the primary.

And let's not pick on the GOP only.

If a Dem candidate doesn't enthusiastically promise to protect welfare, unions, affirmative action, the education establishment, and trial lawyers, their chance of getting through the primaries are pretty much zero as well.

Candidates take the two or three issues taht move them, buy into the other ones they don't really care about, don't make waves, and there you have a fine upstanding member of the GOP or Dem establishment.

This...BTW....is exactly why I invest my savings in gold, silver and guns.

I admire Ron for saying what he believes. Long way to go, lets see how it plays out.

This made me laugh:

Romney is a waffler.

Perry can't even debate.

Because Ron Paul isn't a puppet,...he's a REAL Candidate, a REAL Politician, a REAL man.

The Powers that be won't let him be President, even if that's what the people want. I truly believe that it's all fixed nowadays and has been at least since JFK.

I admire him....he's got some looniness to him, though and that scares people.

why doesn't he just run as an independent?

Because even my spastic 9 m/o falls asleep, when he talks. He has the charisma of a chair. Americans don't generally cast a vote for the president based on the issues. They vote for the guy with the best smile, biggest ######, etc. etc. Everyone knows the president is just a PR guy. The decisions are made in Congress. Just look at who has won over who in the last 20 or 30 years. Ron Paul will never be the president of the USA. HTH.

he's also too focking old (76). He's older than Reagan was when he was president, and we all know how that went :sleep:

he's also too focking old (76). He's older than Reagan was when he was president, and we all know how that went :sleep:

It went well. :dunno:

That is a small reason. The greater reason is, politics, particularly at this stage of a presidential campaign, is about two things... support from big names, and money. Paul will get neither, as his whole message is basically about destroying the cooshy "bought government" that our politicians and their corporate masters now enjoy.

As a result, the coroporate types won't give him money, and other politicians won't back him because if they do, their money gets turned off.

Sad really. My biggest critique of Ron Paul to this point is that he insists on trying to do his thing from within a corrupt, bought and paid for Republican Party (the Dems are no better, save your whining). I wish he would form his own party, or run independent, and really expose the sham for what it is.

That is a small reason. The greater reason is, politics, particularly at this stage of a presidential campaign, is about two things... support from big names, and money. Paul will get neither, as his whole message is basically about destroying the cooshy "bought government" that our politicians and their corporate masters now enjoy.

As a result, the coroporate types won't give him money, and other politicians won't back him because if they do, their money gets turned off.

Sad really. My biggest critique of Ron Paul to this point is that he insists on trying to do his thing from within a corrupt, bought and paid for Republican Party (the Dems are no better, save your whining). I wish he would form his own party, or run independent, and really expose the sham for what it is.

The time for a Ron Paul is coming, but it isn't here yet. 12 years maybe? 20 years maybe? The populace is slowly building up the courage to step outside their box, but it doesn't happen overnight. I really thought the dam might break after the country elected a guy I thought was unelectable last time. Apparently not yet, but it will happen. Let's hope we keep seeing candidates of similar courage and conviction every election until we reach that point, so the momentum doesn't get broken. Maybe Rand in 2024?

Almost a month ago the media announced that they would not be covering Ron Paul Campaign because it was not significant enough. The press controls the election process in this country and if you do see that you are voting for the wrong person.

Almost a month ago the media announced that they would not be covering Ron Paul Campaign because it was not significant enough. The press controls the election process in this country and if you do see that you are voting for the wrong person.

Bingo. Why do you think all the news channel's keep saying Mitt Romney is the front runner when he's done nothing to support that? They guy is an empty suit.

Because the media WANTS him as the GOP nominee. Obama would destroy him on his flip flopping. Why do you think the Herman Cain smear train is at full throttle?

He's not a bought and paid for GOP establishment goon, Romney however, would keep the status quo IF he were to win.

I know Ron Paul isn't gonna win. That's why I haven't sent him a single donation.

I've got better investments to make with my money.

Almost a month ago the media announced that they would not be covering Ron Paul Campaign because it was not significant enough.

"The media" is like a couple thousand organizations, it doesn't have a central voice. You're going to have to back that up with a link (and a name).

Why do you think the Herman Cain smear train is at full throttle?

He's not a bought and paid for GOP establishment goon

Have you heard Herman Cain talk? He might be dumber than RP.

I heard him on two sepearate interviews say that he is Pro Life and beleives that under NO circumstances whatsoever, should a woman get an abortion, but then say he believes that governement should stay out of those decisions and let it be up to the individuals. WTF??? :wacko:

There doesn't need to be a smear campaign on Cain. He smears himself every time he opens his mouth.

I heard him on two sepearate interviews say that he is Pro Life and beleives that under NO circumstances whatsoever, should a woman get an abortion, but then say he believes that governement should stay out of those decisions and let it be up to the individuals. WTF??? :wacko:

There doesn't need to be a smear campaign on Cain. He smears himself every time he opens his mouth.

This. It's hard to call it a "smear campaign" (Cain's words, referring to Perry) when they're using your own words, essentially in context at that.

I am pro life, anti abortion, begrudingly allow for the possiblity of creation as stated in the Bible, and pro gun control but do no believe an of those things should be legislated.

there is nothing crazy about that. we dont all want our beliefs forced on everyone else.

I am pro life, anti abortion, begrudingly allow for the possiblity of creation as stated in the Bible, and pro gun control but do no believe an of those things should be legislated.

there is nothing crazy about that. we dont all want our beliefs forced on everyone else.

Someone needs to ask, "Do you or would you support a Constitutional amendment banning abortion?" or something along those lines. The way he has been presented the question gives him just enough wiggle room to make both "sides" happy.

"The media" is like a couple thousand organizations, it doesn't have a central voice. You're going to have to back that up with a link (and a name).

Ignorance is bliss!

Please name those thousands of organizations.

Did you ever hear of Gannett.

cause he seems crazy, people pick up on that.

To me he seems like the most sane politician to ever be in office. :dunno:

That's how I feel exactly. I don't think too many Pro-choicers are Pro-abortion. But Cain won't give a strauight answer. He's trying top appease everyone./ What is his stance? Pro-choice or Pro-life? No one knows.

Someone needs to ask, "Do you or would you support a Constitutional amendment banning abortion?" or something along those lines. The way he has been presented the question gives him just enough wiggle room to make both "sides" happy.

He has, sort of. This was posted on his website:

“Yesterday in an interview with Piers Morgan on CNN, I was asked questions about abortion policy and the role of the President.

I understood the thrust of the question to ask whether that I, as president, would simply “order” people to not seek an abortion.

My answer was focused on the role of the President. The President has no constitutional authority to order any such action by anyone. That was the point I was trying to convey.

As to my political policy view on abortion, I am 100% pro-life. End of story.

I will appoint judges who understand the original intent of the Constitution. Judges who are committed to the rule of law know that the Constitution contains no right to take the life of unborn children.

I will oppose government funding of abortion. I will veto any legislation that contains funds for Planned Parenthood. I will do everything that a President can do, consistent with his constitutional role, to advance the culture of life."

To me he seems like the most sane politician to ever be in office. :dunno:

I am not talking about his ideas or policies, just the fact that he seems a little off. as kutulu said above, he gives off a nutty professor, almost crazy vibe that turns people off. we elect the man more than we do his thoughts and ideas.

we elect the man more than we do his thoughts and ideas.

Which comes back to the media, they understand this as well. If the media didn't love BHO he would never have become president.