Sign in to follow this  
R8RMick

So who will the Rat start next week?

Helu? Torain? Royster? I wonder what their year would look like if he hadn't yanked Grossman out of there a month ago and stuck with the kid Helu from the day Hightower went down.

What a jackass.

What really pisses me off about the Rat is if he'd taken the time to work with this kid, build up his confidence, instead of playing f*cking mind games, Helu may have had a nice season. Is it just me, or does he remind you a little of Tony Dorsett?

Not only that, but sticking with Beck so long when it was obvious he is uncut to be an NFL QB right now was just criminal. If I was a Redskin fan I would be screaming for this Rat's scalp. No pun intended.

Screw the Rat and Andre Johnson :mad: AJ comes back and i plug him back in and slide Helu to bench and start him

AJ = 4 pts

Helu = 33 pts :cry: :wall:

shanny is a tard.

Helu should be getting 90% of the touches from here on out but you wanna bet he doesn't?

Screw the Rat and Andre Johnson :mad: AJ comes back and i plug him back in and slide Helu to bench and start him

AJ = 4 pts

Helu = 33 pts :cry: :wall:

I got you one upped, Not only do I put AJ in for Laurent, I swap out Helu for Spiller!

My Bench this week .5ppr

Helu 25.70

Laurent 23.40

Wayne 20.70

Gerhard 13.30

Starters

AJ 3.20

Spiller 8.50

ABrown 9.20

:wall:

I got you one upped, Not only do I put AJ in for Laurent, I swap out Helu for Spiller!

My Bench this week .5ppr

Helu 25.70

Laurent 23.40

Wayne 20.70

Gerhard 13.30

Starters

AJ 3.20

Spiller 8.50

ABrown 9.20

:wall:

thats bad but u cant compare 3 guys to 4.

I lost because I started Tolbert over Helu. And I needed a win bad to help make the playoffs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It never ceases to amaze me that Shanahan and Norv Turner are still head coaches in the NFL. Talk about guys living on reputation.

Helu? Torain? Royster? I wonder what their year would look like if he hadn't yanked Grossman out of there a month ago and stuck with the kid Helu from the day Hightower went down.

What a jackass.

i actually just got the phone call... i'll be suiting up next week... start with confidence... oh... and it turns out i'll be doing the kicking too :music_guitarred:

Rejoice, Helu owners. As much as I've been an avoider of Shanahanigans in the past, I sincerely believe that Helu's going to stick. We all know about Mike's short leash with players who have skills but limitations in mental game or work ethic, but when a guy has passed his "tests," however hard and annoying those may be, he tends to roll with him. Everything I've seen suggests that Mike played the tough love card with Helu, particularly as a rookie, and that Helu is now set to be the main main for as long as he keeps up the right attitude and work ethic. And everything from Helu tells me he won't fall short in effort.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that Helu is by far the most complete back (in my opinion) that Shanahan has had in a long time.

“I thought he was ready,” Shanahan said, explaining why he started Helu after using him as a backup for five of the last six games. “He was ready to play a full game, and protection against a good defensive team. He should get the chance to get the load put on him. I thought he had played enough and was comfortable enough to go out there and see what he could do. … He got his opportunity and he ran extremely hard.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/career-day-for-rookie-rb-roy-helu/2011/11/27/gIQAabhb3N_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

Rejoice, Helu owners. As much as I've been an avoider of Shanahanigans in the past, I sincerely believe that Helu's going to stick. We all know about Mike's short leash with players who have skills but limitations in mental game or work ethic, but when a guy has passed his "tests," however hard and annoying those may be, he tends to roll with him. Everything I've seen suggests that Mike played the tough love card with Helu, particularly as a rookie, and that Helu is now set to be the main main for as long as he keeps up the right attitude and work ethic. And everything from Helu tells me he won't fall short in effort.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that Helu is by far the most complete back (in my opinion) that Shanahan has had in a long time.

"I thought he was ready," Shanahan said, explaining why he started Helu after using him as a backup for five of the last six games. "He was ready to play a full game, and protection against a good defensive team. He should get the chance to get the load put on him. I thought he had played enough and was comfortable enough to go out there and see what he could do. … He got his opportunity and he ran extremely hard."

http://www.washingto...ootball-insider

:unsure:

Are you disagreeing or agreeing with the proposition that Helu will be a featured back, or are you reluctant to take a stand?

Not trying to bust your chops, just really curious if there are still doubters. I was always a doubter, but I truly believe Helu's going to be the guy for the rest of this season.

Translation....Tatum Bell will be signing on Thursday and will get 20 carries to see what kind of shape he's in....I have Helu sitting on my bench and it kills me that I can't get use him with any kind of confidence. I've been burned by the rat on more than a few occassions in the past, but with sorry a$$ Shonn Greene as my #2, it looks like Helu will be my guy this week. And, of course I'll be hoping that Kevin Smith can come back too....

Are you disagreeing or agreeing with the proposition that Helu will be a featured back, or are you reluctant to take a stand?

Not trying to bust your chops, just really curious if there are still doubters. I was always a doubter, but I truly believe Helu's going to be the guy for the rest of this season.

He's clearly bolded the troublesome part of that quote, Shanahan saying that Helu should get the carries, but still no guarantee. I think Helu's in a better position now for the role, but so was he in the past, and so was Torain at a point. You never know for certain. That's kinda his thing.

He's clearly bolded the troublesome part of that quote, Shanahan saying that Helu should get the carries, but still no guarantee. I think Helu's in a better position now for the role, but so was he in the past, and so was Torain at a point. You never know for certain. That's kinda his thing.

Well, as long as we're parsing words and interpreting other people's intent, an alternative reading could be that "should" means "deserves to," which is a tad different from "no guarantee."

Of course you never know anything "for certain." I'm just giving an opinion that I think Helu will see featured back type involvement for the rest of this season.

But yes. No guarantee. Nothing is for certain.

Even Peyton Manning is not for certain. Even Chris Johnson as a first round draft pick is not guaranteed to be better than Fred Jackson. I agree. Nothing is guaranteed in fantasy football.

Well, as long as we're parsing words and interpreting other people's intent, an alternative reading could be that "should" means "deserves to," which is a tad different from "no guarantee."

Of course you never know anything "for certain."

Please. :rolleyes: Shanahan has a well establish history playing these sorts of shell games with his players. Comparing the chances of Helu getting the starting job/majority of snaps to other teams' actual starters is asinine.

From Rotoworld:

"Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed at his Monday press conference that Roy Helu is the Redskins' starting running back "for sure."

"We felt he was ready," Shanahan said of Helu's big day against the Seahawks. "You could see some elusiveness, power, some speed. That's what you look for in a running back."

--"We've all learned to take whatever Shanahan says with a massive grain of salt, but it appears he's finally ready to stop playing games with the Redskins season in the tank and only five games remaining. Helu is in for a number of difficult mathcups down the stretch, but could be an every-week RB2 as long as Shanahan keeps his word. Fellow rookie Evan Royster, and not Ryan Torain, appears to be second in line for carries."

“I thought he was ready,” Shanahan said, explaining why he started Helu after using him as a backup for five of the last six games. “He was ready to play a full game, and protection against a good defensive team. He should get the chance to get the load put on him. I thought he had played enough and was comfortable enough to go out there and see what he could do. … He got his opportunity and he ran extremely hard.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/career-day-for-rookie-rb-roy-helu/2011/11/27/gIQAabhb3N_blog.html?wprss=football-insider

If you believe that I have a bag of magic beans I would like to sell you.

LISTEN PEOPLE DO NOT TRUST THE RAT!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!

Fellow board members, we are entering the most critical time of the year for our beloved past time. Fantasy Playoffs! Also with it being so late in the season many of us have suffered massive casulaties to our starting lineups due to injury and suckiness (FU Finely!). We are desperate for that late season stud to breakout and carry us to the championship.

Now comes, Shannahan with his weekly proclamation, "Roy Helu is our starting running back". :huh:

I know, it's tempting. The kid is great, the team sucks, and the competition is slim. BUT DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! :nono:

Remember the Bells, Mike and Tatum? Selvin Young? Andre Hall? Torain? Keiland Williams? Has ANY of these backs brought you anything other than heartache and pain? :cry:

I can't continue. I can't type through the tears streaming from my eyes...

Don't fall for it. Don't trust El Rato!

If you believe that I have a bag of magic beans I would like to sell you.

That's the best you could come up with? ;) At least try to sell me a "bridge to nowhere." Magic beans!

Like I said, I do believe that Helu will be featured until the end of the season. Some do not. It'll be very easy to see who's correct in the end.

And I'm not talking 30+ touches every week. I think 20+ touches.

Fellow board members, we are entering the most critical time of the year for our beloved past time. Fantasy Playoffs! Also with it being so late in the season many of us have suffered massive casulaties to our starting lineups due to injury and suckiness (FU Finely!). We are desperate for that late season stud to breakout and carry us to the championship.

Now comes, Shannahan with his weekly proclamation, "Roy Helu is our starting running back". :huh:

I know, it's tempting. The kid is great, the team sucks, and the competition is slim. BUT DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! :nono:

Remember the Bells, Mike and Tatum? Selvin Young? Andre Hall? Torain? Keiland Williams? Has ANY of these backs brought you anything other than heartache and pain? :cry:

It's not a trust thing. My reflex reaction has always been not to trust him. But we're not worried about next year. We're talking about the final 4-5 games of the season. Trust is irrelevant. He really has no choice. You do understand why, right?

Sigh...I have no choice. Run DMC is a vagina...

PPR league and I need somebody opposite Beanie. It's Helu or Spiller.

It's not a trust thing. My reflex reaction has always been not to trust him. But we're not worried about next year. We're talking about the final 4-5 games of the season. Trust is irrelevant. He really has no choice. You do understand why, right?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

No....no...no... This is what he does! This is his magical power! During the week he sounds logical, he says all the right things, he seems like such a sweet old man. BUT ON SUNDAY ALL THAT GOES OUT THE WINDOW!!

:wacko:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

No....no...no... This is what he does! This is his magical power! During the week he sounds logical, he says all the right things, he seems like such a sweet old man. BUT ON SUNDAY ALL THAT GOES OUT THE WINDOW!!

:wacko:

the way i look at this is... after helu's breakout performance followed by the shanny quotes that helu's the guy... the situation is ALOT clearer than it was.

you can clearly not start helu.

which gives you a 50% chance at picking the right starter (much better than your usual 33% chance)

the way i look at this is... after helu's breakout performance followed by the shanny quotes that helu's the guy... the situation is ALOT clearer than it was.

you can clearly not start helu.

which gives you a 50% chance at picking the right starter (much better than your usual 33% chance)

im pretty sure shanny made similar comments after week 9. possibly not as convicted sounding but i remember something to the effect of Helu probably getting a bulk of the carries and only coming out when tired but that he probably couldnt carry 30+ times a game.

i may have completely dreamed that but i could swear i saw similar quotes on rotoworld. Then Torain starts the next 2 weeks and Helu doesn't sniff the ball until the 2nd half or end of the game.

Two days after stating that Ryan Torain would only play when Roy Helu gets tired, coach Mike Shanahan refused to anoint Helu the Week 10 starter.

We don't want to make too much of this even taking into account Shanahan's fickle history. He made it clear that Helu met expectations, but "you've got to have that one-two punch with these running backs because, if you're carrying the ball 35-40 times, a lot of times you need that second or third running back." There's not much discrepancy there from Sunday's post-game comments that Helu would be the featured back.

Rotoworld 11/8

im pretty sure shanny made similar comments after week 9. possibly not as convicted sounding but i remember something to the effect of Helu probably getting a bulk of the carries and only coming out when tired but that he probably couldnt carry 30+ times a game.

i may have completely dreamed that but i could swear i saw similar quotes on rotoworld. Then Torain starts the next 2 weeks and Helu doesn't sniff the ball until the 2nd half or end of the game.

Rotoworld 11/8

Again, I would re-iterate. You have to look beyond the obvious. Mike's hand is being forced. He has to be all in with Helu. Just ask Snyder.

I have a feeling that the "Occupy Mike Shanahan" fanatics will never admit defeat, but such is the way of angst-ridden protesters.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan told ESPN Radio in Washington Friday that he believes Roy Helu can be a 25 carry-per-game back.

"I think he is right now," Shanahan said. "I think he got stronger (in Week 12 against Seattle)." In addition to large rushing projection, Helu ranks eighth in the league in receptions among running backs. Game flow will have an impact on how many carries Helu actually receives on game days, but he's going to have a shot at 30 weekly touches if Shanny keeps his promise.

Again, I would re-iterate. You have to look beyond the obvious. Mike's hand is being forced. He has to be all in with Helu. Just ask Snyder.

Troll harder