Sign in to follow this  
track 1

So Andrew Luck is a Colt

Even with Peyton back, that team is probably not a contender. Luck wouldn't change that. That said, there are a lot of questions in that division, so anything can happen.

Not good. They would be rebuilding.

Even with Peyton back, that team is probably not a contender. Luck wouldn't change that. That said, there are a lot of questions in that division, so anything can happen.

fishing trips?

Wayne is near the end but Garcon is still good and Collie would be good with a better QB. Clark has plenty of years left and Donald Brown is showing life.

The defense needs help but i mean Manning could have this team at 7-5

fishing trips?

Wayne is near the end but Garcon is still good and Collie would be good with a better QB. Clark has plenty of years left and Donald Brown is showing life.

Your kidding yourself if you think Peyton would have made a 7 game difference this year. The Colts defense is woeful. They still have some talented receivers, but they struggle running the ball, and the o-line is not what it used to be.

Even so, only winning 7 games makes you a non-contender.

fishing trips?

I am not fishing at all. I think he will struggle at first and then will be good with some new young talent around him.

But then again, I thought Cam Newton would suck. :dunno:

There are worse places Luck could land. Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, Saturday, Mathis and Freeney and these guys can't win an effing game? Riiiiiight? :rolleyes:

Reminds me a lot of the Tim Duncan scenario.

There are worse places Luck could land. Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, Saturday, Mathis and Freeney and these guys can't win an effing game? Riiiiiight? :rolleyes:

It's beyond belief. Caldwell is horrible and needs to go.

fishing trips?

Hardly. I'm not a fan, but am forced to watch them here in Indy. The Colts have been on the decline for a few years now, and all the local experts have commented on it. Now all of the sudden, they act all surprised that the Colts are this bad. I believe they were 6-6 or so at one point last year, in perhaps the 2nd easiest division in the league.

Hardly. I'm not a fan, but am forced to watch them here in Indy. The Colts have been on the decline for a few years now, and all the local experts have commented on it. Now all of the sudden, they act all surprised that the Colts are this bad. I believe they were 6-6 or so at one point last year, in perhaps the 2nd easiest division in the league.

They had a lot of injury problems last year, but they are definitely in decline. There is not a lot of depth on the team and really years of neglecting the roster is starting to catch up with them. That, and apparently they were completely reliant on Manning to actually coach the team :doh:

I couldn't see faulting Caldwell for the lack of depth and a poor defense anymore than I would Dungy, and both took the team to the Superbowl on the back of Manning. I've always assumed that it's Manning's fat contract which truly hurt the team, with management unable to do much in the way of free agency acquisitions and grabbing some veteran talent.

I absolutely hate it. HATE it. So annoyed. And I don't know why, but I just hate the fact that because Manning is hurt for one season Indy ends up with a potentially superstar QB AGAIN.

If Manning comes back and I think that is a big IF, he will show him the ropes for 2 years and we will have another 18 years of Indy QB dominance.

It's beyond belief. Caldwell is horrible and needs to go.

Couldn't agree more! He has been outcoached multiple times. And does nothing to motivate his players.

I personally believe Luck would be happy to join the Colts. And if Manning can stick around, he would learn from the best ever.

And for the person that said we aren't a contender even with Manning back, we have always been one with Manning.

You're right - the Colts are tanking by sticking with Paimter over Orlovsky; they have zero chance to win with Painter every game, zero.

They could have gotten Orton; they could have gotten Rosenfels.

When do people start saying it - the Colts are TANKING.

That's not supposed to happen in the NFL.

Colt's Defense is build on speed to tee-off on opposing QB.

They can do that when Manning & Corp builds an early lead. This team is essentially identical in every way to last year and the Colts were able to win 12 games.

And for the person that said we aren't a contender even with Manning back, we have always been one with Manning.

Denial, just like you were with his injury. They weren't even contenders last year. They limped through the 2nd weakest division in the league, then lost in the 1st round. I love Manning, but that team has been on the decline for a while now. That's why I think they should consider trading Luck, assuming Manning heals ok. Sooooo many holes to fill. They wouldn't have to drop far in the 1st round, still getting a good/great QB while breaking the bank with extra picks/players.

You're right - the Colts are tanking by sticking with Paimter over Orlovsky; they have zero chance to win with Painter every game, zero.

They could have gotten Orton; they could have gotten Rosenfels.

When do people start saying it - the Colts are TANKING.

That's not supposed to happen in the NFL.

We didn't have the salary cap for Orton. Polian did say they had looked into trading for him earlier this season though, but most likely didn't wanna pay the asking price.

Too much went into Collins and he did nothing.

Denial, just like you were with his injury. They weren't even contenders last year. They limped through the 2nd weakest division in the league, then lost in the 1st round. I love Manning, but that team has been on the decline for a while now. That's why I think they should consider trading Luck, assuming Manning heals ok. Sooooo many holes to fill. They wouldn't have to drop far in the 1st round, still getting a good/great QB while breaking the bank with extra picks/players.

It wasn't denial about his injury. I just don't jump out and make claims on things I don't know anything about. Once the official word came out, is when I believed it was worse. I don't jump the gun. Just my style.

The Colts have talent on the team, they just need to fix things starting with the coaching. We we barely lost that first game, we had it won, Manning got us the points, our special teams lost that game for us. And unlike the Packers, we didn't have the talent on the bench to over come all the injuries.

We have a few holes after this years draft, as I really feel we addressed some finally.

I don't see why trading Luck would benefit anyone, except for fans that don't want the Colts to have a good QB again. :)

Your kidding yourself if you think Peyton would have made a 7 game difference this year. The Colts defense is woeful. They still have some talented receivers, but they struggle running the ball, and the o-line is not what it used to be.

Even so, only winning 7 games makes you a non-contender.

You clearly don't know anything about the Colts.

The Colts defense is woeful - but it's the exact same defense they fielded last year, and they're even healthier this year. Yes, they lost Hayden and Brackett, but Angerer is playing so much better than Brackett ever has.

They struggle running the ball? The 2011 Colts have the highest ypc average (4.5) since 2003. Their running game for the past 3 years with Peyton has been beyond pathetic, at least it's serviceable this year.

And the O-Line is not what it used to be? As long as your comparing it to the pre-2008 O-Line. They spent their first 2 picks on Tackles, and while one is out for the season, Anthony Castonzo has been a huge upgrade at LT. The entire O-Line has played better this year than they have since before their SB loss.

Peyton Manning would have easily won 7 games so far this season.