Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Cowboys WRs.......?

Yeah you had me little confused......though thats not hard :doh:

Id start Austin because VaGiants gave up 4 TDs to Rodgers in week 12 and 4 to Brees last week. Plus the game is on Sunday night so you can enjoy or be pissed :overhead:

Exactly! Never had these two hamstring twins semi-healthy at the same time this year. I'm sure whatever i choose will bite me in the azz. I appreciate your WSIS feedback.. any li'l thing helps. Good luck this week dude!

:thumbsup:

What a focking mess,must win game and my wr3 choices are LRob,J Knox or L Moore,I want to roll the dice with Robinson but being a Sunday night game and that Q tag. :wall:

What a focking mess,must win game and my wr3 choices are LRob,J Knox or L Moore,I want to roll the dice with Robinson but being a Sunday night game and that Q tag. :wall:

word here is that Lrob's limited practice was precautionary and that the shoulder should be good to go come gametime. i don't have a link for you, but it was reported on richie and greggo's show on 105.3 the fan. as i look at it, he's a better bet than the other guys you listed, who are boom or bust types. laurent will be looking at single coverage in every package, and we already know that romo trusts him. but go with your gut.

word here is that Lrob's limited practice was precautionary and that the shoulder should be good to go come gametime. i don't have a link for you, but it was reported on richie and greggo's show on 105.3 the fan. as i look at it, he's a better bet than the other guys you listed, who are boom or bust types. laurent will be looking at single coverage in every package, and we already know that romo trusts him. but go with your gut.

My gut was telling me Robinson especially in a game of this magnitude,thanks to your info my mind is in agreement now,much appreciated :thumbsup:

Update?

Update is i need Romo to throw 2 TDs to both Bryant and Austin :pointstosky: :doh: Im done

If that wasnt the update you were looking for here you go :wave:

Miles Austin returns, Robinson active for SNF

Miles Austin (hamstring) and Laurent Robinson (shoulder) are both active for Sunday Night Football against the Giants.

As is FB Tony Fiammetta (illness), who presence has been sorely missed in the Cowboys' running game the past three games. It's hard to predict how the Cowboys' passing game will shake out with Austin active for the first time since Week 9, but each of Austin, Robinson and Dez Bryant are among Rotoworld's top 30 receivers for Week 14. Inactive for the Cowboys are QB Jon Kitna, WR Andre Holmes, G David Arkin, G David Loper, TE Martellus Bennett, NT Josh Brent and DE Clifton Geathers.

Dec 11 - 6:59 PM

Who is the guy to play next week? Austin got more targets but LRob had a bigger game (mainly because of a couple long catches).

:dunno:

Dez appears to be the odd man out because he still can't run routes. Romo loves Robinson and Austin is the #1. I think they both do pretty well. Dez will be boom or bust (mostly bust).

All I know is that Austin will have a huge game next week because I am playing the team that owns him and he always goes off against me, such as his one and only monster game earlier this year.

Id start Austin because VaGiants gave up 4 TDs to Rodgers in week 12 and 4 to Brees last week. Plus the game is on Sunday night so you can enjoy or be pissed :overhead:

I think Romo had 4 TDs last night too :D Man who ever posted that is one smart cookie. :ninja:

You could have played all 3 of Cowboys WRs and been happy. Even though Austin should have had that throw before VaGiants scored. That would have gone for about 80 and TD

Robinson-4/137/1= 20 pts

Austin-4/63/1= 12 pts

Bryant-1/50/1= 11 pts

would anyone consider playing Dez and Laurant?? I really dont want to hang my playoffs on Desean against the jets and Tampa is so bad.

Ive got an even worse situation :wall: I have Romo, Dez, Robinson and Austin on one team. Last week i played Dez and Austin and it almost cost me big time. Dez and Austin were on the field the majority of snaps but Romo still looked to Robinson when he was in the game.

I just went and looked at the targets from last week

Miles Austin-7 targets 4 catches

Robinson-5 targets 4 catches

Bryant-2 targets 1 catch :shocking:

I dont like that one bit. But as soon as i put Robinson in for Bryant, Dez will go off

Laurent Robinson - WR - Cowboys

According to Pro Football Focus, Laurent Robinson played 27 snaps in Week 14 compared to 54 for Miles Austin and 53 for Dez Bryant.

Robinson ran 23 pass routes compared to 32 and 33 for Austin and Bryant. It's confirmation that the latter remain the top two receivers even if Robinson outproduced them against the Giants. Although Bryant saw just two passes in Week 14, he was targeted on 14-of-39 routes the previous game. All three Cowboys receivers are solid WR2 plays against the Bucs this week.

Related: Miles Austin, Dez Bryant

Source: Mike Clay on Twitter

Dec 1

Well i say they sit Dez's sorry a$$

Im 80% sure im gonna start Austin and Robinson this week and sit Dez Bryant :unsure: Heck CBS calls Robinson a #1 WR.

Dallas WR Laurent Robinson was limited in practice on Wednesday as he's dealing with a shoulder injury. He missed most of practice last week and performed well for the Cowboys last weekend. In Week 15, the Cowboys face the Buccaneers. The Bucs are allowing 258 receiving yards per outing this season and have given up 22 touchdowns through the air.

(Updated 12/15/2011).

Fantasy Analysis

Robinson had a career night last week after missing practice. Fantasy owners can only hope he has a repeat of last week. Tony Romo continues to look Robinson's way, so as long as he's healthy and active for Week 15, owners should consider a No. 1 WR option.

I was curious to see where everyone ranked them so i looked at 6 differ sites.

FFTODAY	CBS	KFFL	Ffbox	ESPN	YAHOO	
PLAYER-	        RANK	RANK	RANK	RANK	RANK	RANK	AVE
L. Robinson	34	6	5	12	17	21	15.8
Miles Austin	22	22	7	20	15	13	16.5
Dez Bryant	13	14	13	19	17	19	15.8

Fantasy Pros, who sort down at least 40 sites has it as:

14) Austin

16) Dez

18) LRob

(That said, FF Daily Planner's Cheatsheet, which sorts down about 9 sites has it in the exact opposite order).

Honestly, who knows how it'll turn out this week? Just hope Miles puts up respectable WR2 numbers. A few catches & even a short score would be fine by me.

:rolleyes:

Fantasy Pros, who sort down at least 40 sites has it as:

14) Austin

16) Dez

18) LRob

(That said, FF Daily Planner's Cheatsheet, which sorts down about 9 sites has it in the exact opposite order).

Honestly, who knows how it'll turn out this week? Just hope Miles puts up respectable WR2 numbers. A few catches & even a short score would be fine by me.

:rolleyes:

I couldnt think of the site that did that :wall: I knew i had seen it somewhere.

1-Austin

2-Robinson

3-Bryant(only 2 targets last week) :thumbsdown:

I have L. Rob and Miles. If I start L. Rob, Miles will go off or have a decent game at least. If I start Miles, he will pull a hammy in the 2nd quarter. WTF.

I have L. Rob and Miles. If I start L. Rob, Miles will go off or have a decent game at least. If I start Miles, he will pull a hammy in the 2nd quarter. WTF.

Im going with Miles and Robinson in one league with Bryant seeing the bench. So have Miles, Robinson and Megatron. Another league i have Robinson in im starting Steve Johnson in his place. Cause if start Robinson in both and he sucks im screwed. So if you have Bryant start him because im benching him so its guaranteed he will go off :huh:

I'm starting Austin and LRob this weekend. One of them will be my flex and I really don't have any better options. So basically I hope the Cowboys get into a shoot-out, Dez Bryant doesn't do jack, and Jason Witten has to stay in to block the whole game. :D

I'm starting Austin and LRob this weekend. One of them will be my flex and I really don't have any better options. So basically I hope the Cowboys get into a shoot-out, Dez Bryant doesn't do jack, and Jason Witten has to stay in to block the whole game. :D

Amen to that :pointstosky: :doublethumbsup: However not so sure about the shootout play vs Tampa Bay.

Cowboys WR Laurent Robinson (shoulder) was limited again in practice Thursday, but he is expected to play Week 15 against the Bucs. The Bucs are allowing 258 receiving yards per game this season and have given up 22 touchdowns through the air.

(Updated 12/15/2011).

Fantasy Analysis

It seems Robinson is having a tough time shaking this shoulder injury, but it doesn't appear to be bothering his play. He went off for 137 yards and one touchdown against the Giants in Week 14. He has scored in six of his last seven games, with another favorable matchup on the docket. Consider Robinson a viable play in all Fantasy formats.

I think Talib is going to be on Bryant?

Anyone have any further insight on who the play is here? Robinson has proved its him but the snap count is scary.

I think Talib is going to be on Bryant?

Anyone have any further insight on who the play is here? Robinson has proved its him but the snap count is scary.

Ive been studying this damn thing for 2 weeks and have no freaking clue. Robinson(27) got about half the amount of snaps last week of both Austin(54) and Bryant(53). However Bryant was only targeted 2 times and only had the one long TD catch vs Robinson 4-137-1.

I still have no idea what i am doing in my 2 semi finals :wall: Have Romo in both leagues.

League #1: Steve Johnson or Laurent Robinson

League #2: (2 of 3) Miles Austin, Dez Bryant and Laurent Robinson

Im still pretty damn sure im gonna bench Bryant. :doh:

from CBS:

Laurent Robinson, WR DAL

News: Cowboys WR Laurent Robinson, who had been limited in practice with a lingering shoulder injury, is officially listed as questionable for Week 15 against the Bucs. However, he is expected to play Sunday. The Bucs are allowing 258 receiving yards per game this season and have given up 22 touchdowns through the air.

Analysis: Perhaps this is just the Cowboys way of protecting themselves in case Robinson has a setback. He was questionable leading up to Week 14 and we can all remember that he shredded the Giants secondary for a big game. Unless you hear otherwise, then make sure to start Robinson, who has scored in six of his last seven games.

Bryant has actually scored found in the end zone in four of his last five contests and now looks to have a very favorable matchup on Saturday. Tampa Bay has really struggled to defend the pass and have surrendered 12 touchdowns to opposing wideouts on the year. However, the Cowboys have a ton of weapons on the offensive side of the ball -- especially with the return of Miles Austin -- so consider Bryant a high-end No. 1/low-end No. 2 Fantasy option in Week 15.

Austin showed no ill-effects from his hamstring injury in last week's contest and will look to build off that effort this week in Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers have really struggled to defend the pass at times this season, so looks to be a very favorable matchup for the 27-year-old. While Austin has normally been one of Romo's favorite targets, the emergence of Laurent Robinson now gives the Cowboys three top-notch receivers. Consider Austin more a No. 2 Fantasy WR heading into Week 15.

Well that's the problem with all these websites offering so-called advice on the Dallas receivers. They seem to think that each one is independently assured of getting near 100 yards with a TD. But if you add that all up its 300 yards and 3 TDs. That isn't outside the realm of possibility but it certainly isn't likely either. Basically that means Romo has a great game and neither Witten nor any RBs nor any other wide receivers does anything of note.

Personally I think Bryant is going to be squeezed out because Robinson and Austin are much more reliable in terms of being in the right place at the right time, and not disappearing for large stretches of the game. Bryant is definitely talented--probably more talented than both of those guys--but if I was QB deciding who I should trust with my throws Bryant would definitely be the distant #3 on this list.

Almost all of the top experts have Bryant ahead of Robinson.

Well there is certainly good reason to rank Bryant ahead of Robinson; namely, the fact that Bryant played quite a bit more snaps than Robinson last week when all three were available. But then again Bryant didn't get targeted much and only had 2 catches. So there's something for everyone as far as trying to prognosticate whether Robinson or Bryant is the better play.

A lot of experts seem to discount Robinson each week so that when he finally has a bad game they can point to their "expert" status. Same with Bryant. They'll continue to rank him high even though he's remarkably inconsistent. The moral of the story? Experts are no more an expert than anyone on this board.

Completely agree with both of you. But I still don't know who to start! haha. I have a Roddy White cushion so I might go with the safer play...which is... ???

With Talib on Dez and Romo loving Robinson, if Robinson is healthy I think you gotta go with him, that's what I've decided.

With Talib on Dez and Romo loving Robinson, if Robinson is healthy I think you gotta go with him, that's what I've decided.

I think i have decided that too :unsure: FFTODAY has Robinson at #33?? Now im leaning toward starting Robinson in both my games. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT this decision may cost me $700 if i dont get it right

Here is the problem......can Miles, Witten, Laurent, and Dez all have good FF games? Likely not. Last week it was Witten and Miles that came up short. Who will it be this week? Couldn't tell you....crap shoot.

Well 'Mueller' i hope Bryant is very quiet on my bench :( However that almost ensures you will get atleast 14 pts from Bryant tonight

Here good article on ESPNDallas on Tampa secondary and Dallas WRs. This is helping inch me even more toward starting Robinson in both games.

Tampa's veteran secondary struggling with penalties

The secondary for the Buccaneers is a veteran group with Ronde Barber and Aqib Talib at the corners with E.J. Biggers at the nickel spot. There is plenty of contact down the field from this secondary, so the Bucs do struggle with penalties. When the Cowboys bring their three-receiver package on the field, Barber will move inside over Miles Austin, leaving Biggers on the outside. With Biggers on the field, look for Garrett to do all he can to throw the ball in his direction. Biggers gives opposing receivers a lot of room to run their routes, and he's not physical enough to handle any of these Cowboys receivers.

On the flip side, Talib is a physical cornerback who likes to play tight and run with opposing receivers. He doesn’t give them much room, which forces quarterbacks to make tight throws to complete the pass. Where teams can take advantage of Talib is on the double-move, because he is super-aggressive. Talib is not afraid to jump routes and gamble on plays. Meanwhile, Ronde Barber has played in this league for a long time because of his smarts and ball skills. Barber has never been the fastest or the quickest corner, but he is adept at reading routes and making plays. Barber is also one of those players that can get to the quarterback quickly on a slot blitz when he's playing the nickel. He has a real feel for how to time his rush, usually with good results.

If this secondary has any issue, it's tackling. Other than safety Sean Jones, the defensive backs can struggle to bring down opposing ball carriers. Barber and safety Tanard Jackson are the guys who tend to struggle the most. The physical and athletic Cowboys receivers will have opportunities to break tackles and make some big plays.

Dallas Cowboy Blog

Well 'Mueller' i hope Bryant is very quiet on my bench :( However that almost ensures you will get atleast 14 pts from Bryant tonight

Here good article on ESPNDallas on Tampa secondary and Dallas WRs. This is helping inch me even more toward starting Robinson in both games.

Dallas Cowboy Blog

That sort of sounds like last week all over again. Robinson will be looked to heavily on the field and Dez has a good shot at breaking a long one.

That sort of sounds like last week all over again. Robinson will be looked to heavily on the field and Dez has a good shot at breaking a long one.

Me and you are on the same page :pointstosky: so we will either sink or swim :doh: However im still worried about benching Bryant for Robinson. If the Cowboys get up and do not go to 3 WR sets does that limit the production we might get from Robinson?

Now i have talked myself back into starting Steve Johnson in one league over Robinson. Even though in Johnson's first game vs Dolphins he had 2 catches for 16 yards :o Well maybe i better go with Robinson. Im a damn mess

I just saw something that may change my mind.

Look at Robinson's last few games.....

WEEK	DATE	        OPP  CATCHES	YARDS	TD	PTS
8	10/30/2011	@PHI	5	103	1	17.3
9	11/6/2011	SEA	5	32	1	9.2
10	11/13/2011	BUF	3	73	2	19.3
11	11/20/2011	@WAS	4	34	1	9.4
12	11/24/2011	MIA	7	79	2	19.9
13	12/4/2011	@ARI	4	72	0	7.2
14	12/11/2011	NYG	4	137	1	20.7
15	12/17/2011	@TB	-	-	-	-

You see a pattern there boys?? Great game(17.3), ok game(9.2), great game(19.3), ok game(9.4), great game(19.9), ok game(7.2), great game(20.7), ??????

Dez you may just be in my lineup after all :shocking:

Im 80% sure im gonna start Austin and Robinson this week and sit Dez Bryant :unsure: Heck CBS calls Robinson a #1 WR.

I was curious to see where everyone ranked them so i looked at 6 differ sites.

FFTODAY	CBS	KFFL	Ffbox	ESPN	YAHOO	
PLAYER-	        RANK	RANK	RANK	RANK	RANK	RANK	AVE
L. Robinson	34	6	5	12	17	21	15.8
Miles Austin	22	22	7	20	15	13	16.5
Dez Bryant	13	14	13	19	17	19	15.8

I like this comparison of so many expert sites. I haven't seen that. I pretty much just look at yahoo's, probably due to my laziness and yahoo's guys always sounding so confident, yet never failing to put their collective foot in their mouths.

This is kind of scary, since I'm starting Dez Bryant and have other options. I guess the reason I'm sticking with Dez is because he is a decent touchdown target, not injured, easy opponent, attention should go elsewhere with Murray down, a high over/under, good weather, and a need to bounce back from a 1 reception week. There are alot of mouths to feed though...(Witten, Robinson, Austin)

I like FFToday's outlook on Bryant!