Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Kahlil Bell

I know some of it was in garbage time, but Bell put up 100 total yards and a TD last week and it appears as if the Marion Barber era in Chicago may be over. Anybody have the guts to start this guy in the championship?

Seriously thinking about it. I dropped D. Thomas for him and F. Jackson is long gone. I've been starting Bradshaw and D. Williams.

I know some of it was in garbage time, but Bell put up 100 total yards and a TD last week and it appears as if the Marion Barber era in Chicago may be over. Anybody have the guts to start this guy in the championship?

I cant see a championship team needing too!! other than some rash of freak injurys, I dont put him in the top 25 IMO.

I have had a rash of freak injuries in a deeper league. I started Bell last week, and I'm rolling with him this week, too.

Considered starting him but I would have to sit one of these guys

Spiller v Den

Beanie v @Cin

Felix v Phi

I don't think I'd have an issue benching beanie for bell at all.

Cincy has a stout run defense.

I'm in the big game, and have the first waiver wire pick. I'm thinking about picking him up and playing him instead of Beanie in a PPR league. Cincy's run defense is actually pretty stout. :unsure:

I had Jackson and Murray go out with injuries, so I am left with crap for RB's. I most likely will plug in Bell over my other crappy RB's - Barber, Tolbert, Jacobs, and Kevin Smith.

Bell for 4 reasons:

1. Last weeks performance over Barber.

2. The Bears season is basically over, and they want to know what they have with Bell.

3. Barber is out of gas and has made some costly mistakes - he is in the doghouse.

4. The Bears will be playing from behind vs. Green Bay, and Bell is a better receiver - they plugged him in last week for catch-up mode vs. Seahawks.

Hope this helps!

i'm in the finals in two leagues and going to pick him up in both.

i'd play him over beanie in both leagues....or maybe just so my opponent can't use him.

i may wind up flipping a coin.

i feel sick.

My other options other than McCoy are:

Lynch v. SF (probably starting as RB2)

Wells v. Cinn

Sjax v. Pitt

Couldn't hurt with Bell in the flex.

Have S.Moss, MWTB, Torrey Smith, and Demaryius as other options. I always start a RB in the flex though.

I put in for him, only to make sure that the team i'm playing (has: M. Bush, Jacobs & Tate) won't get him to tweak up his Flex.

Being the #2 seed has it's benefits baby! :thumbsup:

I'm playing bell instead of felix jones.

I'm playing bell instead of felix jones.

I'm picking up Bell this week as a possible replacement for Felix the vag. If Felix is a go at practice the rest of the week I may keep him in there. Not too excited about either option really.

I'm thinking of starting him over lynch... I'm waiting for more commitment from Lovie on him during the week before I decide

I'm starting Michael Bush but may put Bell in over Greene or Kevin Smith and definitely over Tolbert.

yes

No, and I'm considering him over both Gore and Felix Jones considering that Jones has missed 2 days of practice and Gore faces a tough Seahawks Defense AND may rest for the playoff run. There's nothing crazy about that line of thinking at all.

if Barber is out, Bell is a very very strong play. even with Barber limited, Bell could be a pleasant surprise this week

Marion Barber (calf) was held out of Bears practice Wednesday.

Bears RB Marion Barber did not practice on Wednesday in preparation for the Week 16 game at Green Bay on Sunday night. Barber is dealing with a calf injury and is at this point considered questionable to play.

After receiving just two second-half carries in Sunday's loss to the Seahawks, Barber's Week 16 status is up in the air. What he does Thursday should go a long way toward determining if he's active against the Packers. Even if Barber does play, he'll be a weak flex play in deeper leagues after clearly being surpassed on the depth chart by Kahlil Bell in Week 15.

Josh McCown is starting for the Bears. Considering he was teaching high school kids a month ago not practicing football, I'm anticipating a ton of dump off passes to Bell/Barber.

I also expect McCown to not last through the first half, but that's another thread.

No, and I'm considering him over both Gore and Felix Jones considering that Jones has missed 2 days of practice and Gore faces a tough Seahawks Defense AND may rest for the playoff run. There's nothing crazy about that line of thinking at all.

The 49ers are still playing for playoff seeding. Sure, there's a chance Bell outscores Gore, but Gore has been pretty consistent and I just don't see how I could bench him for a guy who's had one good game in his career.

I have actually warmed to the idea of starting Bell as my flex.. I am actually considering him over Jordy Nelson, with all the rumors of a 1/2 game from the starters it may be a pretty sneaky play? :ninja:

if Barber is out, Bell is a very very strong play. even with Barber limited, Bell could be a pleasant surprise this week

Marion Barber (calf) was held out of Bears practice Wednesday.

Bears RB Marion Barber did not practice on Wednesday in preparation for the Week 16 game at Green Bay on Sunday night. Barber is dealing with a calf injury and is at this point considered questionable to play.

After receiving just two second-half carries in Sunday's loss to the Seahawks, Barber's Week 16 status is up in the air. What he does Thursday should go a long way toward determining if he's active against the Packers. Even if Barber does play, he'll be a weak flex play in deeper leagues after clearly being surpassed on the depth chart by Kahlil Bell in Week 15.

They're setting Bell up to get majority of the carry this weekend.

I expect Bell to get 25+ total touches this week. Should be a solid 2 this week.

I'm thinking about starting him over Ben Tate, I have Foster so I'm never that comfortable having my 2 RB's on the same team. I just don't know though!

I'm in the garbage bowl so I can still win money.

The 49ers are still playing for playoff seeding. Sure, there's a chance Bell outscores Gore, but Gore has been pretty consistent and I just don't see how I could bench him for a guy who's had one good game in his career.

Because you haven't watched him play. He looks like MForte - he's just never had a chance to play yet.

Because you haven't watched him play. He looks like MForte - he's just never had a chance to play yet.

:thumbsup: Yup, EERILY similar skill set. Let's hope it translates well this week.

I don't mean to pile on and call him Forte2, mostly out of respect to Forte who is one of the more underrated backs in the league, but the two posters above me are right.

Also, dude has serious breakout speed in the open field.

I am starting him over felix this week in a standard league (non-ppr).

I lost forte and traded cj2k + stafford away week 8 for drew brees.

this news is starting to look REALLY good for Bell owners!

Marion Barber (calf) was held out of Bears practice for the second straight day Thursday.

Barber has an extra day to get back on the practice field with the Bears playing in this week's only Sunday game, but all signs are pointing toward Kahlil Bell operating as Chicago's lead back against the Packers' 12th ranked run defense.