Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Marshawn Lynch vs. 49ers-D - Week 16

So, we get down to Super Bowl week for the majority of fantasy leagues and one of the hottest running backs (10-straight games with a TD) is going up against the best rush defense in the NFL - a defense that has yet to give up a rushing TD this season. Obviously your running back depth will be a huge part of your decision but are you starting :thumbsup: or benching :bench: Marshawn Lynch this week?

Only other option is Greene home vs. Giants. Tasty matchup for Greene but so was yesterdays and he did jack squat.

This will take the week to decide.

Like my buddy said, "Dance with the ###### that brought you there."

Plus Lynch IS at home which is at least something.

Extra short week for 49ers could help him some.............late Monday game and have to travel to play Saturday.

This week is going to be a tough call... Yes, Lynch did have a big game against a tough Raven D at home earlier, but I would hardly call him matchup proof. This SF D is ridiculously tough against the run... I'm going to be deciding between Lynch and Mendenhall vs. the Rams. I hate to sit Lynch, but this week might be the time...

I can't see him rushing for more than 60 yards, which might be his ceiling vs. SF. You don't really want to start a RB who's fantasy day will be heavily dependent on him scoring a TD when he's going up against a team who hasn't let a RB score on them via the ground all season. Best case scenario, he pulls a McCoy and scores one through the air. It was a nice run but he's no better than a flex play this week. No amount of skittles in the world can save him.

I dont have him, but going against the best rushing defense in the league that in this case, doesn't have to really respect the passing game? No thanks.

Tough match up for sure, but in his favor Seattle plays better at home. I could see him having a game like last week, not a lot of yardage but a couple scores. Also, these teams focking hate each other from the players to the coaching staffs, so there will be plenty of motivation.

With the run he's had the past couple months, you really can't afford to bail on him now.

I was going to bench Lynch last week for either Julio Jones or Aaron Hernandez (Both outscored Lynch) because of the tough bears D. Luckily it didn't hurt me (Thank you Stafford/Megatron).

But the 49ers even without Willis looked absolutely beast last night and have been incredible against the run. I really think Lynch's ceiling is 12 points 60/1TD, they are both west coast teams, division rivals, yes it's a Seattle home game but I just don't see him getting it done. I will have to make the touch choice but I'm pretty sure Aaron Hernandez, VJAX or Julio Jones will be safer picks with higher upside.

I was going to bench Lynch last week for either Julio Jones or Aaron Hernandez (Both outscored Lynch) because of the tough bears D. Luckily it didn't hurt me (Thank you Stafford/Megatron).

But the 49ers even without Willis looked absolutely beast last night and have been incredible against the run. I really think Lynch's ceiling is 12 points 60/1TD, they are both west coast teams, division rivals, yes it's a Seattle home game but I just don't see him getting it done. I will have to make the touch choice but I'm pretty sure Aaron Hernandez, VJAX or Julio Jones will be safer picks with higher upside.

With options like that, it's understandable.

Whassup, Mike?

I think it's just about gotten to the point to where Marshawn Lynch is matchup-proof. The guy's scored TDs in 10 straight games. It took awhile, but Pete Carroll and the 'Hawks coaching staff finally figured out that Lynch is a volume guy in terms of carries. The more he gets, the more productive he is. He had tough matchups against Baltimore and Dallas, and he ate both of them up. I said early on that Lynch was a big-time "buy low" acquistion, and man has he paid off. Great 6th round pick for me.

I have to choose between Cedric Benson (facing 'Zona) and Beast Mode as my #2 RB (Michael Bush will start as the other RB) in my 12-team league SB. As much as I'd like to trust Benson, I just can't bring myself to sit Lynch, especially if Patrick Willis sits out Week 16.

for me, it's peyton hillis vs baltimore or lynch. I'm leaning towards lynch.

For me it's BGE or Lynch

im throwing out a cheap WSIS question because Lynch is one of the options.

Standard scoring. Pick 3

Mathews, Felix, M.Bush, R.Bush, Lynch

im throwing out a cheap WSIS question because Lynch is one of the options.

Standard scoring. Pick 3

Mathews, Felix, M.Bush, R.Bush, Lynch

I'd go with Mathews and the Bushes. Felix has hammy tightness and Lynch has a pretty low celing.

I'd hate to sit Lynch in my championship game but, the facts are the facts.

I will debate it all the way up to game time probably.

Extra short week for 49ers could help him some.............late Monday game and have to travel to play Saturday.

Was the NFL always this bad at scheduling?

I swear they cost the Jets a win by having them fly to Denver for a thursday night game after playing Sunday night.

interesting note... Vegas has this game at 49ers -1.5 o/u 38

basically, Vegas thinks this will be a close game. at 1.5 points, anyone can win... and i don't think Seattle can win without Lynch getting 1 or 2 TDs somehow. This is going to be a tough call......

Beast has scored in 10 straight....Nineres yet to allow a rushing TD all season.....something has to give. My other option is Kevin Smith, and not all "warm and fuzzy" over that one either....so.....to the waiver wire , and pick up Kahlil Bell !!!! :headbanger:

I know a lot has changed over the course of the season but FWIW, Seattle scored -1 in my league, the first week of the season vs San Fran.

I'd be nervous to start Seattle after watching SF's super ball control offense and spectacular D Monday night vs Pitt.

San Frans last few week opponents and D scores

15. Pitt 1

14 @ Arizona 10

13. St Louis 8

12. @ Baltimore 27

11. Arizona 6

10. NYG 6

9. Washington 7

8 Cleveland 3

7. BYE

6. Detroit 6

5.Tampa -2

4. @Philly 10

3. @ Cincinatti 18

2. Dallas 14

1. @ San Fran -1

I have Gore and Reggie Bush I can start at RB but I am considering starting Stevie Johnson (assuming he plays, he has an injury) against DEN over Lynch in my flex. Its a ppr and Stevie has been good as of late.

I wouldn't have gotten here without Lynch but I don't owe him anything. Too much on the line to not be smart and just blindly start someone without considering matchups.

That being said, I've changed Lynch/Stevie in and out of my lineup a few times already. I'm sure I will continue to do so up until game time.

This game is a nightmare on both sides, for the Lynch owners and the Gore owners. I may be forced to start Gore with Felix Jones nursing a potentially gimpy hammy. Lynch has been a monster lately, but I would definitely temper my expectations on him and figure him for #2RB production at best rather than his "beast mode" numbers of late.

SF-D by the numbers...

49ers-D vs RBs

• The only team yet to give up 1000 yards to RBs - (826)
  • RBs are averaging 3.2 yards per carry - (best in the league)
  • O rushing TDs allowed, 1 receiving TD allowed
  • Lynch had 13 carries for 33 yards, 2 rec for 14 yards vs SF in Week 1
  • No RB has gained more than 64 yards rushing against SF.
  • Only 3 RBs (McCoy, Best, Helu) have had double-digit fantasy points against SF

Stats are meant to be broken. Lynch broke them all today.

SF-D by the numbers...

49ers-D vs RBs

• The only team yet to give up 1000 yards to RBs - (826)
  • RBs are averaging 3.2 yards per carry - (best in the league)
  • O rushing TDs allowed, 1 receiving TD allowed
  • Lynch had 13 carries for 33 yards, 2 rec for 14 yards vs SF in Week 1
  • No RB has gained more than 64 yards rushing against SF.
  • Only 3 RBs (McCoy, Best, Helu) have had double-digit fantasy points against SF

Stats are meant to be broken. Lynch broke them all today.

I salute you Beast Mode! Thank you for giving me 20 more points that CJ would have given me if I started him over you. I never doubted you for a minute :rolleyes: only a little, but thankfully I came to my senses.