Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Green Bay and New England: An easy road to the Super Bowl...

Clearly you have not watched NE play in the last 2 playoffs. 2 years ago they got pounded at home by a good Ravens team and then last year they went 14-2 in regular season and after the bye got beat by a very bad Jets team at home again so im not counting on NE doing a damn thing once again.

The Pats may have had somewhat of an easy schedule, but the Packers was much easier. Minnesota twice?? Cmon now. The Bills and Dolphins are much more formidable than them. Say what you will but they have had a much easier path than everyone seems to think. NE lost close games to both Pitt and the Giants, all of which NE could have won if only one play went a different way. Don't forget that the Packers technically did lose to the Giants, but a horrible call negated that.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how Baltimore makes it to the SB with Flacco. A 200 yd passing game won't get you there and you know teams will be gunning for Rice. Just look at how the Pats completely shut down McCoy during the Eagles game..they could easily do the same to Rice.

Last year it was Starks...this year its gonna be Ridley. He's got fresh legs and is exactly what the Pats need at this point.

Regarding Flacco, I know the defense was on another level, but um Trent Dilfer?

The Pats may have had somewhat of an easy schedule, but the Packers was much easier. Minnesota twice?? Cmon now. The Bills and Dolphins are much more formidable than them. Say what you will but they have had a much easier path than everyone seems to think. NE lost close games to both Pitt and the Giants, all of which NE could have won if only one play went a different way. Don't forget that the Packers technically did lose to the Giants, but a horrible call negated that.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how Baltimore makes it to the SB with Flacco. A 200 yd passing game won't get you there and you know teams will be gunning for Rice. Just look at how the Pats completely shut down McCoy during the Eagles game..they could easily do the same to Rice.

Last year it was Starks...this year its gonna be Ridley. He's got fresh legs and is exactly what the Pats need at this point.

The Lions and Bears with Cutler are also much more formidable than the Dolphins and Jets. The Packers played and beat the Saints, Falcons, Giants, and Lions twice. They also beat the Bears with Cutler once. That right there is tougher than the Pats schedule.

Playoff football my man. It's entirely different then playing Buffalo, Jets and Miami 3/8 of your games.

Have the Pats beat a team with a winning record this year?

Who have the Steelers and Ravens beat? Ravens were destroyed by the Chargers who the Pats beat handily. Pitt just struggled with Cleveland last week? I think quality wins or bad losses don't mean crap when you step on the field. I'm not saying the Pats are superior but to make arguements how they are'nt capable of winning in the playoffs because of their schedule is laughable. Look who New Orleans lost to, they must not be contenders either. There is no dominant team including your Steelers. Every team in the conference has issues. The Pats have the best QB in the AFC and are at home so I'd say they have as good a shot as any AFC team.

Look, the Pats are flawed. Maybe the worst Pats team in the last 10 years (including Brady's injury year).

But there is no juggernaut to beat this year.

Coaching, clock management, and experience counts for something here - teams that don't beat themselves have an advantage when the competition is so evenly matched.

NE, GB, they fit the bill perfectly, maybe NO and NYG too.

There have been a number of recent seasons where NE was elite but they let the opportunity slip away - it would be a nice (and unexpected) "makeup" year if somehow they pull it out amidst all the mediocre and flawed teams this year.

lol packers.

the saints are a far different team than they were game 1. On the other hand, green bay is the exact same team.

The saints should roll through the playoffs with little trouble, and I expect to play NYG in the dome for the NFC championship. NYG will pound the hell out of GB, and GB's defense will be powerless to stop both their run and pass attack.

gtfo.

Who's gonna beat the pats? no one.

Finally pats-saints superbowl. taking down each afc giant one at a time.

lol packers.

the saints are a far different team than they were game 1. On the other hand, green bay is the exact same team.

The saints should roll through the playoffs with little trouble, and I expect to play NYG in the dome for the NFC championship. NYG will pound the hell out of GB, and GB's defense will be powerless to stop both their run and pass attack.

gtfo.

I agree the Saints are the team to beat right now. I want no part of them should we get to the SB.

The saints should roll through the playoffs with little trouble,

As long as the don't see 7-9 Seattle :lol:

4-12 Tampa Bay :lol:

or 2-14 St. Louis :lol: along the way

Thanks for the huge laugh :thumbsup:

I agree the Saints are the team to beat right now. I want no part of them should we get to the SB.

i agree. the most complete team by far.

the packers are like the tech stocks of the late 90s: "what? sure we'll continue to climb up up up up and keep gaining with no defense. look at the past 12 months!!!"

crassic.

The Lions and Bears with Cutler are also much more formidable than the Dolphins and Jets. The Packers played and beat the Saints, Falcons, Giants, and Lions twice. They also beat the Bears with Cutler once. That right there is tougher than the Pats schedule.

none of that matters. the lions beat the chiefs 48-3. then the packers lost to the chiefs.

any given sunday.

none of that shiat will matter starting next weekend. none of it.

The key to winning the SB the past few years is an explosive offense and a defense that can come up with turnovers. That limits the field to the Saints, Packers, and Patriots. Is include Atlanta and the Lions but I just don't see either getting last the Saints or Packers. No team in the AFC has more firepower than the Pats. Squealers are hurt and Rapist isnt near the level of Brees, Brady, or Rodgers. I actually fully expect the Broncos to beat the Squealers.

the packers 2nd and 3rd stringers stomped all over my Detroit Lions

I expect them to repeat easily

Vlade Stafford flopped

I've been :cry: since ...

Good summary :doublethumbsup:

The key to winning the SB the past few years is an explosive offense and a defense that can come up with turnovers. That limits the field to the Saints, Packers, and Patriots. Is include Atlanta and the Lions but I just don't see either getting last the Saints or Packers. No team in the AFC has more firepower than the Pats. Squealers are hurt and Rapist isnt near the level of Brees, Brady, or Rodgers. I actually fully expect the Broncos to beat the Squealers.

like tech stocks, this is a short-term anomaly (in a historical sense). this can't continue too much longer without a market correction.

hell, even packer fans are smelling it. notice the only thing they've got going into the playoffs is to talk smack against the lions. appropriate, as they can't hang out at the big boy table yet with the pats :overhead:

I wouldn't feel comfortable with any teams that have defenses as poor as New England and Green Bay.

The Patriots played two good teams all year (Steelers, Giants) and lost both games, averaging only 18 points. Any playoff team in the AFC with the possible exception of Denver could knock off New England.

Green Bay is a little stronger in the NFC, having beaten the Saints, Giants and Falcons. But the Chiefs game shows what could happen if a team is able to get heat on Rodgers. The Saints and Giants, who are getting hot at right time, are both very dangerous opponents for the Packers. Even the 49ers would have a chance to copy the Chiefs blueprint.

Green Bay is a little stronger in the NFC, having beaten the Saints, Giants and Falcons. But the Chiefs game shows what could happen if a team is able to get heat on Rodgers.

No.

Rodgers thrives when you put a little heat on him...

Chiefs game shows you what will happen when you play at home and the Packers drop 6 or 7 easy passes, have an off game (which is bound to happen once every 22 times) and they play without their #1 RB, #1 WR, 2 best offensive lineman and key back-up, starting DE, and starting middle linebacker...

^^^^ None of this will be going on in the playoffs...

I understand the "Chiefs blueprint" argument is fun .... and, really, with the Packers... what else do you have?

I don't buy it as reasoning why the Packers will lose in a playoff situation at home.

Good points. They should just cancel the playoffs and invite The Pats and Packers to the Super Bowl.

we all get the sarcasm--but good ol don truly and seriously believes this :lol:

Who have the Steelers and Ravens beat? Ravens were destroyed by the Chargers who the Pats beat handily. Pitt just struggled with Cleveland last week? I think quality wins or bad losses don't mean crap when you step on the field. I'm not saying the Pats are superior but to make arguements how they are'nt capable of winning in the playoffs because of their schedule is laughable. Look who New Orleans lost to, they must notes be contenders either. There is no dominant team including your Steelers. Every team in the conference has issues. The Pats have the best QB in the AFC and are at home so I'd say they have as good a shot as any AFC team.

Ahhh...they crushed the patriots....you dumbass

Cincinnati twice and tenn.

That's 4 wins vs winning record

Pats...0

Thanks for your input moron

Good points. They should just cancel the playoffs and invite The Pats and Packers to the Super Bowl.

No... but lets just settle down on the "Kansas City blueprint" :lol:

I prefer facts and logic :thumbsup:

I wouldn't feel comfortable with any teams that have defenses as poor as New England and Green Bay.

The Patriots played two good teams all year (Steelers, Giants) and lost both games, averaging only 18 points. Any playoff team in the AFC with the possible exception of Denver could knock off New England.

Green Bay is a little stronger in the NFC, having beaten the Saints, Giants and Falcons. But the Chiefs game shows what could happen if a team is able to get heat on Rodgers. The Saints and Giants, who are getting hot at right time, are both very dangerous opponents for the Packers. Even the 49ers would have a chance to copy the Chiefs blueprint.

nice facts :thumbsup:

the other fact of that game was rodgers couldn't do shiat when the chiefs jammed the wrs and interrupted the timing. again, why no one hasn't done this more is a mystery.

if opposing dbs play off the line of scrimmage, it's over. that system will allow your local grocery clerk (or flynn) to put up great numbers.

jam 'em up. don't let rodgers scramble to his right. there are teams in the playoffs that have the secondary and the schemes to do both. whether they will or not remains to be seen. coaches can be a stubborn lot.

of course don will claim there is no blueprint and we should just cancel the playoffs.

Squealers crushed the Patriots??! LOL! When did this happen? Because I clearly remember the Pats just barely getting beat by them. Squealers barely..BARELY just beat the Browns, now that's something that would scare the hell out of me if I was a Squealers fan.

At this point records don't even matter. The Patriots can easily beat any AFC contender, thanks to their high powered offense. You really can't say that about any other AFC team because they all lack an elite QB who can consistently put points on the board. 49 unanswered points is a feat in itself regardless of it being against the Bills. The Ravens and Steelers D are nothing to be afraid of as they have been exposed many times this season.

the other fact of that game was rodgers couldn't do shiat when the chiefs jammed the wrs and interrupted the timing. again, why no one hasn't done this more is a mystery.

if opposing dbs play off the line of scrimmage, it's over. that system will allow your local grocery clerk (or flynn) to put up great numbers.

jam 'em up. don't let rodgers scramble to his right. there are teams in the playoffs that have the secondary and the schemes to do both. whether they will or not remains to be seen. coaches can be a stubborn lot.

Why didn't your Detroit Lions do this then??

Instead of letting a back-up throw for 500 yards and 6 TDs.... :lol: :lol:

Silly Sampdog....

Bad facts :lol:

A weird set of circumstances came together for that KC game -- mainly massive amount of key injuries and numerous dropped passes...

There is no blueprint.... Detroit would have copied it...

Instead of getting completely shredded by back-ups

HAHAHAAHAHA!

The Packers had one letdown in 22 games.... you can hope and pray for that in the playoffs... but don't count on it

Pats...0

They didn't crush the Pats. Pats were down by 6 with the ball in the 4th quarter. And this was actually only the second time Pitt has beaten the Pats with Brady. NE is 7-2 vs Pitt in the Brady era, so you my friend are a dumbass on that point.... :thumbsdown:

Now, I do agree that if Pitt goes to NE, it could be trouble. I can't see NE getting through Pitt and Balt consecutive weeks. They better hope Cincy comes through. Then they just need one game, anything can happen, although I won't be placing any bets on them.

IF KC can beat GB, then any of those teams can do it.

Pitts, Balt or Houston can be NE.

I love post like this, didn't some people just want to crown NE a year or so ago and they lost, what....FIRST GAME OF PLAYOFFS AT HOME?

Any team can win, any game. Plain and simple.

any given sunday. you are correct. historical facts :thumbsup:

Why didn't your Detroit Lions do this then??

Instead of letting a back-up throw for 500 yards and 6 TDs.... :lol: :lol:

Silly Sampdog....

Bad facts :lol:

A weird set of circumstances came together for that KC game -- mainly massive amount of key injuries and numerous dropped passes...

There is no blueprint.... Detroit would have copied it...

Instead of getting completely shredded by back-ups

HAHAHAAHAHA!

The Packers had one letdown in 22 games.... you can hope and pray for that in the playoffs... but don't count on it

Agree the offense is extremely hard to stop. But I certainly would be a huge Falcons fan if I were a Packer Backer this week. The Giants could win in GB. That's the only chance.

Here is what we so often forget:

The hot team entering the playoffs usually fares very well. Teams resting players usually don't. The regular season means nothing now. GB is an awesome team, but they can be beat by the Saints in GB. Saints are the Hot team right now, and they can pound the rock effectively enough with Sproles, Ivory, and Frenchy to compete in the frozen tundra. Brees is in a zone. Patriots are hot also. The 21 points conceded to Buffalo was an anomaly.....the 49 unanswered points was legit. I think that Belichick is getting Ridley, with fresh legs, warmed up for the stretch to compliment Law Firm.....so they can pound the rock when needed. Brady/Gronk/Hernandez are an unstoppable force.

I think NE plays the Saints.

Don't forget about the "old secret weapon" Kevin Faulk.

lol packers.

gtfo.

If this happens, I agree. If the Saints have to go to GB they lose, just like the last 2 postseason games they played outside.

When did the Saints become some defensive juggernaut?

They're OK, and nothing more, until they have to leave home.

Agree the offense is extremely hard to stop. But I certainly would be a huge Falcons fan if I were a Packer Backer this week. The Giants could win in GB. That's the only chance.

you'll have to excuse don. he gets a little excited whenever anyone dares says anything other than the packers are the greatest team in the history of the universe.

he's also wound a little tight because he realizes the packers will be starting their second-best qb in the playoffs :lol:

Pats...0

Wow, I guess a civilized discussion with you is out of the question. What are you like 14 years old?

Donhass -

The blueprint

The system qb

Get pressure on him he doesn't like it

Weak defense

Regular season means nothing

Jam the wr's and disrupt the timing

No running game - too 1 dimensional

GB is done

Hot teams win and GB ain't hot

:)

See, it ain't easy being the best.

Try putting up with this crap for a decade!

See you in the SB ( I hope :crossingfingers:)

NE 74

GB 52

Donhass -

The blueprint

The system qb

Weak defense

GB is done

NE 74

GB 52

i could never figure out his brady and pats angst. it's not like the packers ever played them in the super bowl. god forbid any qb be better than favre/rodgers/flynn; god forbid anyone think any other franchise is greater than the packers. it's comical.

i've never ever seen don give a "compliment" on this board that wasn't a sideways one with some built-in jab. massively insecure dude.

nice analysis, btw. i wouldn't say gb losing is a given (of course)...but that is the blueprint.

countdown until don protesteth too much yet again and throws out his tired line about having "african american friends and friends who are fans of ____________________(whatever team)" 10...9...8...

it's not like the packers ever played them in the super bowl.

DESMOND F'N HOWARD!!!! :mad:

i could never figure out his brady and pats angst.

Brady is one of my favorite players.... yes, he's massively overrated... but I still like him...

It's not his fault that he's overrated.

And if Belichick tells him to throw fourth down fourth quarter touchdown passes up 38 points, he pretty much has to do it.

Not his fault.

And "Pats angst"?

I love Pats fans... some of my best friends are Pats fans!

Yeah, Breitbart.com and FOXNews makes me think that they ALL are welfare queens living off my hard-earned paycheck, but I think they are just trying to distract me from the two trillion dollar wars the GOP started and their complete complictness in the Wall Street greed that sunk our economy.... Also trying to distract me from the God-awful GOP candidates... Yuck.

Truth be told: if my daughter wanted to marry a Pats fan, I really don't think I would have a problem with it... :dunno:

With those defenses...no, its not as easy.

Especially on the NFC side with as well as New Orleans is playing and a defense like SF.

Donhass -

The blueprint

The system qb

Weak defense

GB is done

NE 74

GB 52

Rodgers said it best.

The blueprint for any team is to control the clock, don't turn the ball over, do well on 3rd down, and get to the QB.

Its not just a blueprint to beat the Packers.

Its a ridiculous notion.

Both of these teams are very flawed. Every team in the postseason is.

New Orleans appears to be the one on a roll right now though.

of course don will claim there is no blueprint and we should just cancel the playoffs.

Teams have jammed them at the line and played man.

If you think the Chiefs were the only ones to try this...you are quiet naive.

Alright, BluePrint guys...

After 20 games, KC finally figured out the Blueprint that no other NFL team could figure out...

All Chicago and Detroit -- who both have better defenses and better personell -- had to do is copy it...

Chicago

Rodgers 5TDs in 3 quarters of action :lol:

Detroit

Flynn 500 yards 6 TDs :lol:

What the heck happened with the blueprint????? :pointstosky:

i could never figure out his brady and pats angst. it's not like the packers ever played them in the super bowl. god forbid any qb be better than favre/rodgers/flynn; god forbid anyone think any other franchise is greater than the packers. it's comical.

i've never ever seen don give a "compliment" on this board that wasn't a sideways one with some built-in jab. massively insecure dude.

nice analysis, btw. i wouldn't say gb losing is a given (of course)...but that is the blueprint.

countdown until don protesteth too much yet again and throws out his tired line about having "african american friends and friends who are fans of ____________________(whatever team)" 10...9...8...

:doh: