Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

How the playoffs will turn out...

I'm not saying that Flacco was horrible in that game, but when it counts he can't get it done. Just look at last years playoff game vs the Squealers. If they play the Pats again and are down, he's just not good enough to lead an aerial attack to keep them in the game.

OK... I realize that my reputation has been shot after I predicted the Packers would go 14-2 this year and they ended up 15-1... but I will give it a try...

First round

NO over Detroit

ATL over NYG

Cincy over Houston

Pitt over Denver

2nd round

GB over ATL

SF over NO

New England over Cinci

Balt over Pitt

Conference championships

GB over SF

NE over Pitt

Super Bowl

GB 56, NE 27 (Last second TD by Brady tightens it up)

Since October 23rd New Orleans has played exactly 1 game outside of a dome. That game was on the road at Tennessee where they barely escaped with a victory (22-17) in a game that the Saints looked horrible. I will be very interested to see how this offensive juggernaut handles possible back to back outdoor games (against SF & GB), I predict they get by SF but back to back road wins outdoors is too much for a team so use to playing in domes to overcome.

NFC Wildcard

Saints over Detroit

Falcons over Giants

AFC Wildcard

Steelers over Broncos

Texans over Bengals

NFC Divisional

Packers over Falcons

Saints over 49er's

AFC Divisional

Patriots over Steelers

Ravens over Texans

NFC Championship

Packers over Saints

AFC Championship

Ravens over Patriots

Superbowl

Packers over Ravens

Wow, way to go out on a limb, pretty much picking every favorite to win by exactly the spread! :shocking:

Like I care? And who said about needing any of these predictions to be bold? I made these predictions sunday night before I saw the spread.

I think the only guaranteed wins this weekend are Saints and Steelers. When you have close games like I predicted anything can happen between NYG/ATL & Cin/Hou, all it takes is one huge, dumb turnover.

How's this for bold?

Neither the Packers or Patriots will make the super bowl. The #1 seeds will fall!

And who said the Patriots are getting hot at the right time? Weren't they outscored like 35-0 in the 2 1st quarters of their last 2 games? If they do that to Baltimore or Pittsburgh, see ya N.E!

Playoffs are fun to watch but in the end the Superbowl will be a Turkey Day rematch of the Harbaugh brothers with the 49ers winning 20-13. Rookie Aldon Smith gets MVP for 5 sacks of Flacco & a fumble recovery. If you're looking for a high scoring game, forget about it, it'll be the defenses showcase so it will probably be a little boring. Still we'll be elated to win our 6th Superbowl ring. GO 49ERS :headbanger: :overhead:

Playoffs are fun to watch but in the end the Superbowl will be a Turkey Day rematch of the Harbaugh brothers with the 49ers winning 20-13. Rookie Aldon Smith gets MVP for 5 sacks of Flacco & a fumble recovery. If you're looking for a high scoring game, forget about it, it'll be the defenses showcase so it will probably be a little boring. Still we'll be elated to win our 6th Superbowl ring. GO 49ERS :headbanger: :overhead:

Fuuuck ya!!!! :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Since October 23rd New Orleans has played exactly 1 game outside of a dome. That game was on the road at Tennessee where they barely escaped with a victory (22-17) in a game that the Saints looked horrible. I will be very interested to see how this offensive juggernaut handles possible back to back outdoor games (against SF & GB), I predict they get by SF but back to back road wins outdoors is too much for a team so use to playing in domes to overcome.

NFC Wildcard

Saints over Detroit

Falcons over Giants

AFC Wildcard

Steelers over Broncos

Texans over Bengals

NFC Divisional

Packers over Falcons

Saints over 49er's

AFC Divisional

Patriots over Steelers

Ravens over Texans

NFC Championship

Packers over Saints

AFC Championship

Ravens over Patriots

Superbowl

Packers over Ravens

I like these picks exactly as you've drawn them up. :thumbsup:

Cincy over Houston

Pitt over Denver

NO over Detroit

Atlanta over NY Giants

NE over Cincy

Pitt over Baltimore

GB over Atlanta

NO over San Fran

NO over Green Bay

Pitt over NE

NO over Pitt

Most interesting games to try to figure out:

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - Pittsburgh fighting all sorts of injuries and bad mojo (even the RBs coach gets caught in a house fire...wtf) and Baltimore seems to turn it on at home...but Flacco is unreliable, and the Ravens have an inexplicable tendency to ignore Rice at times.

New Orleans at Green Bay - will the unseasonable weather in the midwest continue into late January or will nature go bipolar and throw sub-zero temps and/or a blizzard at Lambeau, and which QB would it really hurt the most? How will the Packers look this postseason with the bullseye painted on their backs?

When you can score 49 unanswered points one week and come back from being down 17 another week, I'd call that getting hot.

The Pats defense this season plays much better when they face good teams. Just look at the Jets, Giants, and Squealers games. Obviously 2 of those were loses but they were close games. I just don't see either the Steelers or Ravens putting up 21 unanswered points on the Pats in the playoffs.

I'm telling you..Ridley will be this years Starks. Take my word for it.

Wild Card Weekend	Divisional Playoffs	   Conference Champ        Super Bowl
------------------      --------------------       -----------------       -----------
AFC
----									
Sat., Jan. 07, 4:30 PM 	Sat., Jan. 14, 8:00 PM  						
Cincinnati	        Pitt			   Sun., Jan. 22, 3:00 PM  			
Houston			New England		   Baltimore			
Sun., Jan. 08, 4:30 PM 	Sun., Jan. 15,             New England			
Pittsburgh	        Houston					           Sun., Feb. 05, 6:30 PM 
Denver			Baltimore				           Baltimore
							           New Orleans
NFC
----									
Sat., Jan. 07, 8:00 PM 	Sat., Jan. 14, 4:30 PM  						
Detroit			New Orleans		   Sun., Jan. 22, 6:30 PM 			
New Orleans	        San Francisco		   New Orleans			
Sun., Jan. 08, 1:00 PM 	Sun., Jan. 15, 4:30 PM 	   VaGiants
Atlanta			VaGiants			
VaGiants	        Green Bay			

New Orleans 35 Baltimore 24

Yes your all jealous and want to know how i got the bracket in there :ninja:

Well i got 3 of 4 including the hard one right but my Super Bowl pick is done :doh:

OK... I realize that my reputation has been shot after I predicted the Packers would go 14-2 this year and they ended up 15-1... but I will give it a try...

First round

NO over Detroit

ATL over NYG

Cincy over Houston

Pitt over Denver

2nd round

GB over ATL

SF over NO

New England over Cinci

Balt over Pitt

Conference championships

GB over SF

NE over Pitt

Super Bowl

you should post this in a few more threads.

tia

First round

NO over Detroit

ATL over NYG

Cincy over Houston

Pitt over Denver

2nd round

GB over ATL

SF over NO

New England over Cinci

Balt over Pitt

Conference championships

GB over SF

NE over Pitt

Super Bowl

what really screwed you here was picking Pitt to sabotage the Ravens plane and sneak into the AFC championship game after losing in the 2nd round.

you should post this in a few more threads.

tia

With all the pompous bloviating Duncehat did regarding his precious Packers this season, I could post it in dozens of threads. :banana:

AFC

Wild Card

Pitt @ Den Den 17-10 - :tewbow: With Ben still not really healthy and Denver having a good Defense and playing at home I see a big upset here waiting to happen.

Cincy @ Houston Cincy 27 - 14 All Cincy needs to do is stop the run and they win this game rather easily IMO.. Losing Shaub has been a killer for Hou

NFC

Wild Card

ATL @ NYG NYG 31 - 17 I see a shootout early but NYG pulling away as long as they can stop the run. The pressure on Ryan will be too much for him to hit those bombs.

Det @ NO Det 37 - 31 NO defense isn't all that good and Det should be able to pass at will - Detroit I think might be able to get some pressure on Brees. Nola will be a double digit fav but I just think they lose

road teams 3-1 in the wild card round.

Divisional games

AFC

Den @ NE NE 42 - 10 A total blowout as NE finally gets a dman playoff win and they win going away

Cincy @ Baltimore Balto 20 -13 Cincy couldn't beat em in a win and in game at home I can't see it happening here.

NFC

Det @ Green Bay GB 40 - 31 another high scoring shootout but Green Bays D will be the difference.

NYG @ SF NYG 27 - 17 Just think NYG is getting hot at the right time and their O proves too much for SF.

Champ games

AFC

Baltimore @ NE NE 31 - 17 Yes NE has a terrible secondary but Balto has a bad pass offense - one thing NE can do is pick up the run. On Offense I thik Brady gets on another roll and they end up winning big late.

NFC

NYG @ GB NYG 33 - 30 in OT Just like a few years ago NYG got hot and they get hot again and are able to stay with the Packers all game win the coin toss and win in OT.

Superbowl

NYG - NE NE 35 - 21 NE blows them up early then NYG makes a late surge but tono avail NE redeems there SB loss a few years ago.

I wasn't perfect but so far have called this pretty decent - I thought NoLa would never make it to the NFC title game , NYG was the hot team , and thought NE was finally going to get it done in the playoffs.

no props at all for basically calling this right :( However is it too late to reverse my superbowl prediction LOL