Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Super Bowl XLVI: New England Patriots v. New York Giants

...It sure seems like there is an awful lot of trash talk from fans of a team that was 9-7 in the regular season...

Here's the thing, for me anyway...I wasn't thinking the team was superbowl material until after they beat the Cowboys in week 17 - heck I still wasn't even sure they would make it out of the first round but they have gotten better and better as the weeks roll on. The Giants are not playing like the same team that played in the first 14 weeks of the season. I can't explain it and don't care to. As long as you make the playoffs, how good or bad your regular season record is doesn't matter anymore - just ask the Packers.

Well, they have 15 wins this season. Granted, only 1 was against a team with a +.500 record, but they had a bunch against teams that were 8-8. You play the schedule that you are given. It sure seems like there is an awful lot of trash talk from fans of a team that was 9-7 in the regular season. :dunno:

Seriously ... If they were 16-0 I could understand it because then they would be guaranteed to win the Super Bowl.

Here's the thing, for me anyway...I wasn't thinking the team was superbowl material until after they beat the Cowboys in week 17 - heck I still wasn't even sure they would make it out of the first round but they have gotten better and better as the weeks roll on. The Giants are not playing like the same team that played in the first 14 weeks of the season. I can't explain it and don't care to. As long as you make the playoffs, how good or bad your regular season record is doesn't matter anymore - just ask the Packers.

The question is, "Which Giants team is going to show up?" Is it the team that beat the Patriots and the Packers or is it the team that lost to the Redskins twice?

My point is that there is awful lot of brash confidence when there is not a lot to base it on. Maybe Rex Ryan is really rubbing off on all NY fans. :dunno:

Yeah because Alex Smith and the 49ers were such an offensive juggernaut..lol

You REALLY think they can hold Brady to 17 pts??

That's Classic !!!!

I guess SB XLII was past your bedtime

Can you please remind me what the Patricias record against winning teams

9-2 vs teams with a .500 record or better (including the playoffs)Statistics: Its all how you frame them.

You mean it is all in how you twist them. I asked for their record against winning teams (+.500 record) and the answer is 0-2. They were 6-1 against sub-.500 teams and 7-0 against exactly .500 teams. That's a total of 14 out of 16 games against mediocre competition. As I said previously, the record itself doesn't matter once the post season starts but the quality of your competition sure does.

You mean it is all in how you twist them. I asked for their record against winning teams (+.500 record) and the answer is 0-2. They were 6-1 against sub-.500 teams and 7-0 against exactly .500 teams. That's a total of 14 out of 16 games against mediocre competition. As I said previously, the record itself doesn't matter once the post season starts but the quality of your competition sure does.

In 2007 the Patriots were 7-0 against teams with winning records. How did that work out for them?

What does that SB have to do with anything? The Giants D isnt nearly as good as it was then.

Actually you could argue that this Giants D is better right now than than the 2007 Giants D was in the post season.

Is this Patriots Offense as good as the Record Breaking 2007 Offense?

Just for the Record the GIANTS BIG BLUE D held Brady to 20 pts @ home and handed them their fist home lose in over 3 years.

Imagine what they could do at a "neutral" site that will be 70% BIG BLUE and Manning fans!!!!

The Patriots beat the Tebows and the Ravens in the playoffs, both at home.

The Giants beat the Falcons at home and the Packers and 49ers on the road.

The Patriots best offensive threat is hurt. I don't know how the Patriots are favored in this game, I really don't.

I was just trying to point out how arbitrary the whole "winning record" thing is. Is there really a significant difference between a team that is 9-7 and one that is 8-8? Not really.

The 2007 Patriots scored about 2 points per game more than the 2011 Patriots.

Brady threw for more yards in 2011, but more TDs in 2007.

Welker being the constant, i believe that Gronk/Hernandez/Branch is better than Moss/Stallworth/Gaffney

Benjarvus/Ridley/Woodhead is without a doubt better than Laurence Moroney/Sammy Morris

So.....Yes i believe the case could be made that the 2011 Patriots offense is at the least right on par, if not better outright, than the 2007 Patriots offense.

Actually you could argue that this Giants D is better right now than than the 2007 Giants D was in the post season.

You could argue this Patriots offense is better right now than the 2007 Patriots O was in the post season. Do we get to do that, or is that little trick reserved for the Giants?

You could argue this Patriots offense is better right now than the 2007 Patriots O was in the post season. Do we get to do that, or is that little trick reserved for the Giants?

I know they looked awesome last week!!!!!! Brady had like what ... O tds 2 Ints, 239 yds passing ... That is SMOKIN BABY!!!

But it's the run game that has been most impressive ... Christ!! BJGE has his average up to 3.4 yds per carry in the playoffs ... Now that's "Bringin It" when it matters most!!!!!!

The 2007 Patriots scored about 2 points per game more than the 2011 Patriots.

Brady threw for more yards in 2011, but more TDs in 2007.

Welker being the constant, i believe that Gronk/Hernandez/Branch is better than Moss/Stallworth/Gaffney

Benjarvus/Ridley/Woodhead is without a doubt better than Laurence Moroney/Sammy Morris

So.....Yes i believe the case could be made that the 2011 Patriots offense is at the least right on par, if not better outright, than the 2007 Patriots offense.

First ... Put down the Crack Pipe

Second ... You don't have Gronk.

As a Pats fan this is true sad but True Gronk was the only weapon Brady had that NYG had no answer for and could gotten open at will. I think he plays but only in short yardage and GL situations where he can use his big hnds to snatch balls in the air. He can't play all game as he can't run or at least not run well. sucks :(

I know they looked awesome last week!!!!!! Brady had like what ... O tds 2 Ints, 239 yds passing ... That is SMOKIN BABY!!!

But it's the run game that has been most impressive ... Christ!! BJGE has his average up to 3.4 yds per carry in the playoffs ... Now that's "Bringin It" when it matters most!!!!!!

I'm not familiar with your posting... Are you always suck a dick, or is this something you hauled out special for Super Bowl week?

Last week they played against one of the better defenses in the league, but regardless, the 23 points the Pats put up against Baltimore was more than they scored in 2 of their 3 playoff games in 07, and their offense is averaging far more yards per game than in 07. The Patriots are averaging 4.0 yards a rush in the playoffs, compared to 4.2 for the Giants. HTH.

:thumbsup:

Reminiscent of the final drive of SB42, where Eli supposedly showed how clutch he is. Everyone remembers the helmet catch and the Plax TD, but only Pats fans remember he had two different throws on that drive that went right off defenders' hands.

Eli has a shamrock up his ass.

Lucky or not, he sure seems to have had the Patriots' number lately.

As a Pats fan this is true sad but True Gronk was the only weapon Brady had that NYG had no answer for and could gotten open at will. I think he plays but only in short yardage and GL situations where he can use his big hnds to snatch balls in the air. He can't play all game as he can't run or at least not run well. sucks :(

Fear not. They'll shoot him up with enough painkillers to down a horse. :D

I'm not familiar with your posting... Are you always suck a dick, or is this something you hauled out special for Super Bowl week?

Last week they played against one of the better defenses in the league, but regardless, the 23 points the Pats put up against Baltimore was more than they scored in 2 of their 3 playoff games in 07, and their offense is averaging far more yards per game than in 07. The Patriots are averaging 4.0 yards a rush in the playoffs, compared to 4.2 for the Giants. HTH.

Whoahh !!! What's with the verbal assault? I was agreeing with you.

Just for the Record the GIANTS BIG BLUE D held Brady to 20 pts @ home and handed them their fist home lose in over 3 years.

Imagine what they could do at a "neutral" site that will be 70% BIG BLUE and Manning fans!!!!

So when Sheli and the Ginas make a complete fool out of you and the rest of your moronic fan base on Sunday, will you be showing your face here the next day?

And actually you could argue that the Ginas D is worse than the Pats. You could also argue that the Pats offense this season is actually better than 07. You can also argue that the Giants win over the Pats in the regular season means absolutely nothing, just like losing to the Redskins twice means nothing right?

Lucky or not, he sure seems to have had the Patriots' number lately.

Meh. I don't believe two narrow victories four years apart constitutes having a team's number. The Patriots turned the ball over 4 times in the game earlier this year. That was the story of that game as much as Eli.

First ... Put down the Crack Pipe

First

2011 Gronk/Hernandez/Branch 220 Rec 2939 yds 30 TDs

2007 Moss/Stallworth/Gaffney 180 rec 2639 yds 31 tds

If i was going to take one player, sure its 2007 Moss by a long shot, but if im picking a group, i'd take the 2011 group everytime.

Second:

Ive seen no published reports of Gronk not playing.

And actually you could argue that the Ginas D is worse than the Pats. You could also argue that the Pats offense this season is actually better than 07. You can also argue that the Giants win over the Pats in the regular season means absolutely nothing, just like losing to the Redskins twice means nothing right?

You are correct! The losses to the Skins mean nothing while the win over the Sphinctriots means everything. It's the old double standard that I love to employee - eat it.

One thing you can't argue with though is the Madden '12 simulation - shows the Giants winning 27-24 on a Tynes FG late in the game. See it here: Patriots Suck Ass

It is interesting that the simulation has gotten 6 of the last 8 superbowls correct. One that was wrong - in 2007 it predicted the Dingleberrytriots would win.

You haven't?

well that's shocking seeing it's superbowl week and he plays for the patriots.

teams always love to give out that sort of info.

Meh. I don't believe two narrow victories four years apart constitutes having a team's number. The Patriots turned the ball over 4 times in the game earlier this year. That was the story of that game as much as Eli.

But when Eli got the ball back with a minute and a half, you knew he was going to lead a game-winning TD drive, didn't you? Just as he did in Superbowl XLII.

But when Eli got the ball back with a minute and a half, you knew he was going to lead a game-winning TD drive, didn't you? Just as he did in Superbowl XLII.

No, I really didn't know any such thing. :dunno:

Whatever happens, this is shaping up to be another classic Superbowl. I don't know about you schmoes but I can't focking wait for Sunday to get here!

:music_guitarred: :headbanger: :banana: :cheers: :clap:

Of Course!

Was there any doubt?

Second:

It's a high ankle sprain that was suffered 10 days ago.

Really, no way in hell he's going to be 100%. The key is is he even going to be 50%.

You are correct! The losses to the Skins mean nothing while the win over the Sphinctriots means everything. It's the old double standard that I love to employee - eat it.

One thing you can't argue with though is the Madden '12 simulation - shows the Giants winning 27-24 on a Tynes FG late in the game. See it here: Patriots Suck Ass

It is interesting that the simulation has gotten 6 of the last 8 superbowls correct. One that was wrong - in 2007 it predicted the Dingleberrytriots would win.

LOL so now because Madden predicted the Ginas to win then that's what's going to happen.

What a focking idiot. I ran a Madden sim and the Pats won, so now what? You really just keep setting yourself up for failure. I'll be glad to see you gone on Monday. Although I'm sure once Sheli does blow it for you guys you'll come up with EVERY excuse as to why they lost.

As much as I enjoyed watching the 49er defense in the Giants/49er tilt, this is a great matchup and should make for a fun game. For those of you who are youngins you don't get to remember the 13 year run from 85 through 97 when the NFC spanked the AFC. It made for a god awful boring game, especially those last 3 Bills games.

Give me a competitive big game anytime, we have been kind of spoiled by the last few super bowls.

Gronkowski, said he could be anywhere from in perfect health to “2 percent” for the game, adding that it’s still six days away.

meaning it's real bad now but he is hoping for a miracle

He also was non-committal when asked if he could play if he had the injury during the regular season.

“I couldn’t answer that,” he said. “It’s not a regular-season game. It’s the Super Bowl this week and (we’re) just preparing like it’s a big game and it’s the biggest game. It ain’t no regular-season game. So you’ve got to treat it a lot differently.”

meaning There is no way he would play if it were a regular season game but he is going to try like hell because it's the Super Bowl but will only be around 50%

Gronkowski, said he could be anywhere from in perfect health to “2 percent” for the game, adding that it’s still six days away.

He also was non-committal when asked if he could play if he had the injury during the regular season.

“I couldn’t answer that,” he said. “It’s not a regular-season game. It’s the Super Bowl this week and (we’re) just preparing like it’s a big game and it’s the biggest game. It ain’t no regular-season game. So you’ve got to treat it a lot differently.”

meaning There is no way he would play if it were a regular season game but he is going to try like hell because it's the Super Bowl but will only be around 50%

You guys are being played.

Have we fallen down some rabbit hole where we believe any Belichick player about injuries leading up the the SB? If my foot was 2%, I'd be bed-ridden, not walking around media day without a boot.

You guys are being played.

Why? Do you think the Giants are not practicing as if he is going to play?

They will practice as if he's 100% ... if he is they're prepared ... if he's not ... they're more than prepared.

If he doesn't play he's a disgrace and his teammates should be let down and ashamed of him!

Have we fallen down some rabbit hole where we believe any Belichick player about injuries leading up the the SB? If my foot was 2%, I'd be bed-ridden, not walking around media day without a boot.

And if it were close to perfect you'd be practicing

At least none of the Pats are guaranteeing a win like Antrelle Rolle.

Stay classy Ginas, your only digging yourself a deeper grave.

Hopefully all my LOL GINAS LOSE threads don't get deleted like my LOL SQUEALERS LOSE threads did...