Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Tell me how New England wins?

Think about it, although I don't expect Patriots fans to admit it:

Once upon a time the Patriots won SB's, and people didn't hate them for that. They loved Brady, Belichick, Vinatieri, and the Patriots always won.

Then they got caught cheating.

Then Bill Belichick became an ######.

Then people started hating them.

Recently, the Patriots have been huge chokers. Brady has sucked in the postseason since he last won a SuperBowl. And now that everyone hates the Patriots, Patriots' fans have had to put up with extra ###### when they lose. Think about it: the Patriots absolutely should've won in 2007. Last year, they were clearly the best team in the postseason.

So now Patriots fans are tired of built-up expectations. They don't want to have the pressure on them, as a team and as a fanbase, of being the favorites. That way, if the Patriots lose - oh well, nobody expected them to win.

Seriously, I've talked to so many fans (and seen the Moz and PATSSOX) who want to try and downplay the Patriots this postseason so they aren't let down by another (potential) bad postseason collapse. I mean, this is the #1 overall seed in the playoffs. 13-3 regular season record. According to Patriots' fans, the greatest QB of all-time, and one of the greatest Coaches of all-time. A defense that is coming around and making plays, just like it did in all of their SB runs. And we really have a thread asking how New England could POSSIBLY find a way to win a game that they are 3-point favorites in? Please.

Now you're just trolling even more. Seriously, you just threw every piece of Patriots fan troll bait that ever existed into that one post. Nice try. If you want to discuss the game seriously then I am all for it, but as long as you insist on posting this juvenile crap I don't think you are going to get many responses.

Also a Pats fan, also wouldn't be surprised if the Giants win.

In order to win, the Pats need to run that ball, especially in the hurry up and especially vs. nickle packages. They've actually been pretty good at this over the season. I expect to see a decent number of delayed runs and motion to runs this game.

Think about it, although I don't expect Patriots fans to admit it:

Once upon a time the Patriots won SB's, and people didn't hate them for that. They loved Brady, Belichick, Vinatieri, and the Patriots always won.

Then they got caught cheating.

Then Bill Belichick became an ######.

Then people started hating them.

Recently, the Patriots have been huge chokers. Brady has sucked in the postseason since he last won a SuperBowl. And now that everyone hates the Patriots, Patriots' fans have had to put up with extra ###### when they lose. Think about it: the Patriots absolutely should've won in 2007. Last year, they were clearly the best team in the postseason.

So now Patriots fans are tired of built-up expectations. They don't want to have the pressure on them, as a team and as a fanbase, of being the favorites. That way, if the Patriots lose - oh well, nobody expected them to win.

Seriously, I've talked to so many fans (and seen the Moz and PATSSOX) who want to try and downplay the Patriots this postseason so they aren't let down by another (potential) bad postseason collapse. I mean, this is the #1 overall seed in the playoffs. 13-3 regular season record. According to Patriots' fans, the greatest QB of all-time, and one of the greatest Coaches of all-time. A defense that is coming around and making plays, just like it did in all of their SB runs. And we really have a thread asking how New England could POSSIBLY find a way to win a game that they are 3-point favorites in? Please.

Crackah, please!!

All this coming from the guy who roots for the biggest choke artist QB ever. The only Super Bowl Peyton won, he had a TD:INT ratio of 3:7 in the playoffs. Even Tebow was better than that. :lol:

Also a Pats fan, also wouldn't be surprised if the Giants win.

In order to win, the Pats need to run that ball, especially in the hurry up and especially vs. nickle packages. They've actually been pretty good at this over the season. I expect to see a decent number of delayed runs and motion to runs this game.

to do this they need to trust BJGE to be able to be abkle to catch the ball. They CANNOT play Woodhead he will will get get killed, BJGE can get yards but they must trust him in the passing game

te line will be be 1 - 1 1/2 friday if not a pick em -- EVERYONE is betting NYG

to do this they need to trust BJGE to be able to be abkle to catch the ball. They CANNOT play Woodhead he will will get get killed, BJGE can get yards but they must trust him in the passing game

They aren't going to suddenly start throwing the ball to BJGE in the Superbowl. If he was going to be made a receiving back, it would've happened a little earlier in the year.

Now you're just trolling even more. Seriously, you just threw every piece of Patriots fan troll bait that ever existed into that one post. Nice try. If you want to discuss the game seriously then I am all for it, but as long as you insist on posting this juvenile crap I don't think you are going to get many responses.

Like I said, I didn't expect Patriots fans to understand. But how is this trolling?

How is this thread not a poor trolling attempt? A 15-3 team going against a 12-7 team. The Patriots have, according to their fans, the greatest QB of all-time, and possibly the greatest coach of all-time. They are favored in Vegas. All season long everyone was clamoring how unstoppable this New England offense was. There were questions about the defense, but they've clearly improved - and at least always seem to make a big play when it matters......And there's really a thread asking how the Patriots can POSSIBLY find a way to win on Sunday?? Really? You think its genuine feelings that Patriots fans think their team is the 2nd best team to take the field on Sunday, or that there's a bit of hesitancy to stand proud about their team's chances because they've been let down for the past 7 years? You don't think they have any hesitations about this team based on the 2007 choke? Or the 2009, embarrassing performance against the Ravens? Or the 2010, bitter loss to their divisional rivals New York Jets?

You honestly think all of this reservation from the fans...which has suddenly developed in the playoffs, is truly because they think the New York Giants are a better football team? Yeah right, that's not the Patriots fans that I know.

Crackah, please!!

All this coming from the guy who roots for the biggest choke artist QB ever. The only Super Bowl Peyton won, he had a TD:INT ratio of 3:7 in the playoffs. Even Tebow was better than that. :lol:

This has nothing to do with Manning/Brady, or Colts/Patriots.

But we all know that Patriots fans are some of the most confident fans in the NFL, and rightfully so. My question is, then why all of a sudden are Patriots fans acting like they need a miracle to win on Sunday? I've never heard a fanbase of a 15-3 team, with (according to them) the greatest QB of all-time, greatest coach of all-time, and the team that's favored to win the game - act so "aw shucks my team is going to lose, I better not get my hopes up".

But we all know that Patriots fans are some of the most confident fans in the NFL, and rightfully so. My question is, then why all of a sudden are Patriots fans acting like they need a miracle to win on Sunday? I've never heard a fanbase of a 15-3 team, with (according to them) the greatest QB of all-time, greatest coach of all-time, and the team that's favored to win the game - act so "aw shucks my team is going to lose, I better not get my hopes up".

Because in their heart of hearts, Pats fans (like myself) know that the Pats had an easy schedule this year and watched the defense start a college QB at slot nickle. The Edelman/Manningham matchup is not something I'm looking forward to watching. The Pats are a good team, but I even after week 1 (Wow, our offense looks amazing! Wow, we made Henne look like a HoF QB!), I wasn't convinced they were the best team in football and they certainly aren't peaking at the right time in the same way the Giants are. It's one game and the Pats have a some great assets, but the Giants have better matchups. And football is all about matchups.

Also, the 2007 heartbreak.

Also, reverse jinx.

Because in their heart of hearts, Pats fans (like myself) know that the Pats had an easy schedule this year and watched the defense start a college QB at slot nickle. The Edelman/Manningham matchup is not something I'm looking forward to watching. The Pats are a good team, but I even after week 1 (Wow, our offense looks amazing! Wow, we made Henne look like a HoF QB!), I wasn't convinced they were the best team in football and they certainly aren't peaking at the right time in the same way the Giants are. It's one game and the Pats have a some great assets, but the Giants have better matchups. And football is all about matchups.

Also, the 2007 heartbreak.

Also, reverse jinx.

Bingo.

Pats fans are playing the reverse psychology card.

Like I said, I didn't expect Patriots fans to understand. But how is this trolling?

How is this thread not a poor trolling attempt? A 15-3 team going against a 12-7 team. The Patriots have, according to their fans, the greatest QB of all-time, and possibly the greatest coach of all-time. They are favored in Vegas. All season long everyone was clamoring how unstoppable this New England offense was. There were questions about the defense, but they've clearly improved - and at least always seem to make a big play when it matters......And there's really a thread asking how the Patriots can POSSIBLY find a way to win on Sunday?? Really? You think its genuine feelings that Patriots fans think their team is the 2nd best team to take the field on Sunday, or that there's a bit of hesitancy to stand proud about their team's chances because they've been let down for the past 7 years? You don't think they have any hesitations about this team based on the 2007 choke? Or the 2009, embarrassing performance against the Ravens? Or the 2010, bitter loss to their divisional rivals New York Jets?

You honestly think all of this reservation from the fans...which has suddenly developed in the playoffs, is truly because they think the New York Giants are a better football team? Yeah right, that's not the Patriots fans that I know.

This has nothing to do with Manning/Brady, or Colts/Patriots.

The definition of trolling. 2nd best team on the field? Hesitancy to stand proud? I didn't see POSSIBLY in the thread title either. Possibly you're trolling.

Lot a things could happen in this game. I am still surprised that the Pats are Vegas favorites. I think the whole game comes down to the lines. O line of the Pats againt the Dline of the Giants. If the Giants get consistant pressure, trouble for Pats. And then Wilfork against the Giants center and help. All in the passing game, low rushing totals for both teams.

Giants fans will stop at nothing -- NO Pats fans know you all have a great but more importantly HOT team right now kicking hard in every area of the game. Are we scared NO concerned of course - we have 2 DB's down or out , a LB corps hurting , and Gronk our best offensive player other than Brady with a HAS and likely either won't play or won't play well. Well I can say I will be wearing my Bruschi or Gronkowski jersey with pride Sunday but the deck is stacked against us - you call it us playing reverse pysch - when anyone with half a brain would call it the truth.

Keys to a Pats win are simple

A. Protect Brady

B. Protect Brady

c. Protect Brady

D. Get at least a few stops

E. play ole school Joe Montana dink and dunk ball untill theres a opening down field to try a shot or 2.

Bingo.

Pats fans are playing the reverse psychology card.

I can't speak for all Pats fans, but the "reverse jinx" angle is only about 20% of the reason why I am saying the Giants will win.

60% of the reason is that the Giants really do have the better matchups. They have the best wide receiver corps in the league going up against possibly the worst secondary in the league. They have a solid attacking defense going up against an offensive line that has been known to lay a bit of an egg in big games. And said defense will be going against an offense whose biggest weapon (Gronkowski) will probably be nowhere near 100%.

The other 20% is that Eli Manning kills us.

I can't speak for all Pats fans, but the "reverse jinx" angle is only about 20% of the reason why I am saying the Giants will win.

60% of the reason is that the Giants really do have the better matchups. They have the best wide receiver corps in the league going up against possibly the worst secondary in the league. They have a solid attacking defense going up against an offensive line that has been known to lay a bit of an egg in big games. And said defense will be going against an offense whose biggest weapon (Gronkowski) will probably be nowhere near 100%.

The other 20% is that Eli Manning kills us.

Com'on.

Let's be honest and come clean.

This is one of the worst Patriots team in recent memory. Look at whom they play all year. Racking BIG numbers against horrible teams. The best team they played all year was the Ravens at HOME in the playoffs and they should have lost that game.

An absolute Juggernaut is right in front of them. These Giants have beaten the last 2 times they face each other.

These Giants have beaten the last 2 times they face each other.

As a Giants fan, this fact, more than any other makes me nervous. How often does a team beat NE two times in a row...let alone three times in the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady era? :unsure:

Com'on.

Let's be honest and come clean.

This is one of the worst Patriots team in recent memory. Look at whom they play all year. Racking BIG numbers against horrible teams. The best team they played all year was the Ravens at HOME in the playoffs and they should have lost that game.

An absolute Juggernaut is right in front of them. These Giants have beaten the last 2 times they face each other.

First when you are talking to Patriots fans, saying a team making the Super Bowl is one of "worst teams in recent history" is just laughable. The 2008 and 2002 squads didnt even make the playoffs. Heck for a lot of us the late 80's and early 90's dont seem so long ago :D

Anyway...

Absolute juggernauts dont lose 7 games in the regular season. I dont care how tough their schedule was. That said, my lack of bravado, and i think probably a lot of Patriots fans feel the same, is that we realize that this is going to be a pretty evenly matched game. Either team could win. Both teams have great offenses, both teams have suspect defenses, especially against the pass. Probably which ever team wins the turnover battle, wins the game. Its not lack of faith. Its just being realistic.

Also, the Patriots have like 7 players left from the last SB meeting between these two teams. Who won that game has about as much affect on this game as who won the Week 2 matchup between the Patriots and Giants in 1974.

First when you are talking to Patriots fans, saying a team making the Super Bowl is one of "worst teams in recent history" is just laughable. The 2008 and 2002 squads didnt even make the playoffs. Heck for a lot of us the late 80's and early 90's dont seem so long ago :D

Anyway...

Absolute juggernauts dont lose 7 games in the regular season. I dont care how tough their schedule was. That said, my lack of bravado, and i think probably a lot of Patriots fans feel the same, is that we realize that this is going to be a pretty evenly matched game. Either team could win. Both teams have great offenses, both teams have suspect defenses, especially against the pass. Probably which ever team wins the turnover battle, wins the game. Its not lack of faith. Its just being realistic.

Also, the Patriots have like 7 players left from the last SB meeting between these two teams. Who won that game has about as much affect on this game as who won the Week 2 matchup between the Patriots and Giants in 1974.

Name me another team today that could have beaten GB and SF away? Oh yea, and this juggernauts also handed NE's first home lost in 3 years.

And please, what happens in the regular season don't mean JACK in the playoffs.

How often does the team with the best record win the superbowl?

Name me another team today that could have beaten GB and SF away? Oh yea, and this juggernauts also handed NE's first home lost in 3 years.

How often does the team with the best record win the superbowl?

Ur funny.

How bout when the Pats lost at home to a struggling Giant's team this season?

:thumbsup:

How bout when the Pats lost at home to a struggling Giant's team this season?

Struggling? They were 5-2 coming into the game (the same record as the Pats), having won 5 of their last 6, and had a two game win streak going. That's cool though, just rewrite history so it says whatever you want. :rolleyes:

:lol:

You are talking about a team that went 9-7 and barely made the playoffs, right? I agree they are hot right now, but "an absolute juggernaut"? Come on! :wacko:

You are talking about a team that went 9-7 and barely made the playoffs, right? I agree they are hot right now, but "an absolute juggernaut"? Come on! :wacko:

BEST TEEM EVAR!#E@Q#TQW :mad:

I like how Pats fans spend years talking about how Belid1ck is the greatest coach in the game, Brady is the best QB of alltime, nobody can stop NE's offense. Then a week before the Super Bowl they start talking about ways they might be able to beat a 9-7 team that barely squeaked into the playoffs.

Here's how you beat them - by not choking. Because losing this game would be an epic chokejob on par with the Pats' last Super Bowl chokejob. All they have to do is show up and not fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I like how Pats fans spend years talking about how Belid1ck is the greatest coach in the game, Brady is the best QB of alltime, nobody can stop NE's offense. Then a week before the Super Bowl they start talking about ways they might be able to beat a 9-7 team that barely squeaked into the playoffs.

Here's how you beat them - by not choking. Because losing this game would be an epic chokejob on par with the Pats' last Super Bowl chokejob. All they have to do is show up and not fold like a cheap lawn chair.

While I disagree with how easy the game should be for the Patriots, I agree completely with your line of thinking...which is what I tried to spell out earlier in this thread.

I dunno if it's reverse psychology, or if they've really bought into the Pats' poor performance in big games since 2005, but it's really annoying to see a fan base switch from bragging non-stop about their ringz/the greatest QB evahh!!!/and the mastermind coach to asking for reassurance that they at least stand a chance on Sunday.

Pats fans are just a little nervous by how poorly the team played against the Ravens. We still won, but we honestly didn't really deserve to. 5 trips to the end zone with only 2 TDs. Brady throws 2 ints, not to mention missing a wide open Gronk for the TD, and there's a fumble on a kickoff return. That, and while the Pats D made some big plays when it had to, it also made Flacco look like an all-world QB, not to mention the Pats were literally a tenth of a second away from losing the game. These things do have a way of dampening the spirits.

I see this game as a true coin flip. Someone pointed out that the Giants won the last two matchups, but by what scores? 17-14 and 24-20, both really tight games that came down to the last possession, not to mention the velcro catch and some dropped ints by the Pats. The game before that it was, what, 38-35, another really close game. This is not a matchup where one team has dominated. Plus, pointing out the Giants are on fire right now, you would think the week off hurts them while at the same time helping the Pats by giving them a chance to regroup from a tough outing. But, all the Giants media I'm reading right now seems very confident.

it also made Flacco look like an all-world QB

JOE FLACCO threw for 306 yards! The guy has thrown over 305+ yards only 3 times on the road in his entire NFL career.

Yes New England, you better be worried.

Yes. Juggernaut. Not even the high power saints could go into SF and win. Your NY Giants did.

The NUMBER 1 RANKED OFFENSE this year (Packers) were 8-0 at home and they lost to the New York Giants.

The Patriots ONLY WON 1 GAME all year against a team with a WINNING RECORD.

Yes, READ THAT AGAIN.

The Giants over the past 3 weeks have beaten 3 teams (Packers, 49ers, Falcons) with a combine record of...

38-10.

JOE FLACCO threw for 306 yards! The guy has thrown over 305+ yards only 3 times on the road in his entire NFL career.

Yes New England, you better be worried.

The defensive game plan was pretty obviously predicated on stopping Ray Rice first and Flacco second.

If the GIANTS could hold the number 1 offense in the league to only 20 points, what makes you think Patriots can fare better? Because they have an all world coach? all world QB? all world TE?

Yes. Juggernaut. Not even the high power saints could go into SF and win. Your NY Giants did.

The NUMBER 1 RANKED OFFENSE this year (Packers) were 8-0 at home and they lost to the New York Giants.

The Patriots ONLY WON 1 GAME all year against a team with a WINNING RECORD.

Yes, READ THAT AGAIN.

The Giants over the past 3 weeks have beaten 3 teams (Packers, 49ers, Falcons) with a combine record of...

38-10.

You forgot to mention that the Giants were the only team capable of losing to the Redskins twice. And the only east coast team to lose to Seattle at home.

You forgot to mention that the Giants were the only team capable of losing to the Redskins twice. And the only east coast team to lose to Seattle at home.

Yes, but that was a Giants team with tons of injuries.

I won't look too deep into those losses. Really... :overhead:

If the GIANTS could hold the number 1 offense in the league to only 20 points, what makes you think Patriots can fare better? Because they have an all world coach? all world QB? all world TE?

Let me re-phrase your question for you and you might see your error. "If the GIANTS could hold the number 1 offense in the league to only 20 points one time in a sample size one 1, what makes you think the Patriots can fare better?" Do you see what you missed? What you said has about as much relevance as me saying "Since the Giants gave up 49 points to the Saints, what hope do they have of stopping the Patrios?". In the GB game, did the Giants def play out of their minds? Maybe. Did GB just have an off day? Maybe. We can definitely say that they're not as good as they looked that game and not as bad as they looked playing the Saints. You have to be careful putting too much weight into 1 game. But, we know over the whole season, the Giants def wasn't much better than the Patriot. We also know over the whole season the Giants are a much more inconsistent team than the Patriots. Much more likely to come out and put up a sinker. Or, they could play lights out.

It's not one game.

It's one game after another since the playoff started. We've seen teams that carry this type of momentum time and time again.

Packers in 2011.

Steelers in 2009.

Giants in 2008.

The Giants is a freight train right now. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Victor Cruz lining up against Julian Edelman. COM'ON NOW!

Did anyone see what Victor Cruz did to pro-bowl Carlos Rodgers???!?!?!

It's not one game.

It's one game after another since the playoff started. We've seen teams that carry this type of momentum time and time again.

This may come as a shock, but both teams in the Superbowl are undefeated in the playoffs so far.

This may come as a shock, but both teams in the Superbowl are undefeated in the playoffs so far.

If only it's that easy.

It's whom they beat, where and how well they play.

We can all agree the Patriots did not play well and 'should' have lost that last game.

Ask Lee 'squeeze' Evans.

If only it's that easy.

It's whom they beat, where and how well they play.

We can all agree the Patriots did not play well and 'should' have lost that last game.

Ask Lee 'squeeze' Evans.

Should we ask Kyle 'boot' Williams how well the Giants played while we're at it? :rolleyes: