Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

I share Phillybear's pessimism. Look at the schedule. If the Hawks lose to Dallas, I won't be surprised if they are 1-7 after 8 games. :(

Pessimism could very well be on my way. But not after week 1.

I don't believe Russell Wilson was the reason we lost this game. Outside of ST and a strong run defense the whole team lost the game.

I thought they just flat out sucked. I actually liked what I saw out of Wilson. He was on that fine line the way he played. Had he threw a TD to win, he would've gained praise. He didn't, so he's getting bashed. Either way, he wasn't hirrible, nor the reason we lost that game.

Wilson wasn't terrible, but he wasn't good either. Sure, we had some drops by the WRs. But we also had Rice making some acrobatic grabs out there to make Wilson look better. Hell, Wilson nearly overthrew the TD to Rice too. It was an easy throw. It's a rookie QB, I get that. But even if they win the game at the end, the team lost the game and I would have been still unhappy with Wilson. There were times when the line picked up the blitz great. I counted 10 seconds to throw. And nothing positive happened on those plays. You need to find one of the three guys that's open when the other team sends that many.

Frustrating. Soooooo frustrating. Well, season on the line vs Dallas. Second week of the season, and the season is on the line. Frustrating.

People are being WAY too hard on Wilson. It might turn out he's not the answer, but he showed a lot of heart. Whenever he had time in the pocket, nobody was open. Again, it was focking stupid cutting TO. We've also passed on drafting Ruben Randle (we could have kept Rudd and addressed MB next year), Torrey Smith and Randle Cobb. Rice will probably get hurt before he shakes the rust off and Tate will probably make the exact same impact when he comes back as he did this weekend. With Charly Martin out (poor guy) we should resign Owens.

Schneider better have TO's number on speed dial right now. Martin has a bruised lung and Tate is still out as far as I know. Rice is a ticking timebomb and Baldwin has been fighting a hammy all summer. We have no healthy WRs. Yeah, it's not like it doesn't happen every focking year. Find TO. Where's Ochocinco? :wall:

Schneider better have TO's number on speed dial right now. Martin has a bruised lung and Tate is still out as far as I know. Rice is a ticking timebomb and Baldwin has been fighting a hammy all summer. We have no healthy WRs. Yeah, it's not like it doesn't happen every focking year. Find TO. Where's Ochocinco? :wall:

Martin has a bruised lung?

Didn't know that. Wasn't he on the field for 1 play?

:wall:

Martin has a bruised lung?

Didn't know that. Wasn't he on the field for 1 play?

:wall:

I remember that he caught a pass on the final drive. He was in a hospital after the game.

Wilson wasn't terrible, but he wasn't good either. Sure, we had some drops by the WRs. But we also had Rice making some acrobatic grabs out there to make Wilson look better. Hell, Wilson nearly overthrew the TD to Rice too. It was an easy throw. It's a rookie QB, I get that. But even if they win the game at the end, the team lost the game and I would have been still unhappy with Wilson. There were times when the line picked up the blitz great. I counted 10 seconds to throw. And nothing positive happened on those plays. You need to find one of the three guys that's open when the other team sends that many.

Frustrating. Soooooo frustrating. Well, season on the line vs Dallas. Second week of the season, and the season is on the line. Frustrating.

There was some video replay where play broke down, Russell is scrambling and Sidney, Braylon and Obomanu stopped running/didnt come back to help.

There was some video replay where play broke down, Russell is scrambling and Sidney, Braylon and Obomanu stopped running/didnt come back to help.

Oh, fer cryin' out loud. :wall:

I swear, the team is mocking me. I declare that the Seattle Seahawks will win the Superbowl the year after I die. Which I guess means that the rest of you better start wishing bad things on me immediately. Well, even more bad things than all of you do now.

I swear, the team is mocking me. I declare that the Seattle Seahawks will win the Superbowl the year after I die. Which I guess means that the rest of you better start wishing bad things on me immediately. Well, even more bad things than all of you do now.

DEAL!!! This is much better than selling my soul to the devil. :lol:

Well Seattle would win the Superbowl so it would be worth it right? We could still honor you on here with a Phillybear Commemoritive Puddle of AIDS thread after the championship game. One of us could get drunk during the draft and send death threats to Carroll and Schneider.

Well Seattle would win the Superbowl so it would be worth it right? We could still honor you on here with a Phillybear Commemoritive Puddle of AIDS thread after the championship game. One of us could get drunk during the draft and send death threats to Carroll and Schneider.

Well, maybe I'm not really sending death threats to Carroll and Schneider.

On the other hand, I'm writing more letters to Tim Ruskell than Andy Dufresne wrote in Shawshank Redemption. For some reason, he keeps moving around the country.

Well, maybe I'm not really sending death threats to Carroll and Schneider.

On the other hand, I'm writing more letters to Tim Ruskell than Andy Dufresne wrote in Shawshank Redemption. For some reason, he keeps moving around the country.

Ol Rusky is currently unemployed I see. I think he would excel at picking up unathletic, high-character players for an AFL franchise.

This season is going to be insane. We get way down to Arizona, come back to take the lead, blow the lead late, and fail many opportunities to win the game in the final 2 minutes. Next week, season on the line, blow out the Cowboys. A complete beat down of Romo's House of Horrors. Just inexplicable. It's going to be an insane season. Not to mention, with the season salvaged for now, Monday Night, Green Bay, coming right up.

Hey, I just can't seem to figure out the Jekyll Hyde nature of this team from week to week. I bet the Cowboys today. Sweetest money I ever lost. But at the end of the day, the division could be 6-2 overall. Where are the jokes about the NFC West now?

But seriously, lime green?

First of all, Archer is a terrific series.

Eh, I don't know. Once they messed around with the Oregon Ducks uniforms, the gates were wide open. At some point we might see Avatar 3D crap in a Dallas/Washington game.

First of all, Archer is a terrific series.

Eh, I don't know. Once they messed around with the Oregon Ducks uniforms, the gates were wide open. At some point we might see Avatar 3D crap in a Dallas/Washington game.

If this is a baby step down that road, count me in.

I've stayed out of your illegal-hallucinogenic induced Seahawks love-fest for a while now, but I gotta give props. For one week they are my 2nd favorite team (The Steelers and whoever beats the Cowboys). Nice win done in extremely convincing fashion. The Cowboys are like that uber hot girl who doesn't put out and the Seahawks proved it. Nice win.

I dropped the Seattle defense to pick up and start Dallas this week. Lesson learned :(

What? Wow - U need to trust our team. Phillybear too. ;)

I started Hawks Def all the way! I knew they would beat up on Dallas at home. We play a lot better at home. You know this. :D

Very nice win!

Next week will be another big test for us though. Brutal sched this year. I think I'm still starting there Def though.

And I really like what Wilson is doing for us! To me he's so solid and accurate. Smart with the football, and he can game manage long drives that use major clock. His 3rd down conversions are refreshing to finally see. He'll only get better.

This is still a rebuilding team somewhat, lets not forget. Just last year this was our major talk. We've incorporated a rookie QB, so we will have to take our lumps a few times this season.

Next year will be the big push I think, while this year will just be some exiting football and some nice wins with a possible wildcard push. I'm not counting on it though. We need a WR next year! Maybe big time LB. Really need Irvin to pan out too or that will still be on the list.

But, we will be in every game this year I'm sure.

I like where we are going. I think Wilson can lead us. I think our Def is already ready. I was happy about the improvement of our O-line also and running game.

Anyway,

GO HAWKS!

It was a nice win but I still am not sold on Wilson. I still have this horrible sensation that he is the next Dave Krieg. Instead of the "he has small hands excuse" we now have he is "short" excuse. Wilson was just adequate in that game the defense and special teams clearly won it for us. Wilson needs to start performing better or we will need to see what Flynn can do.

On the plus side our WR's decided to try catching a few footballs, which is odd considering their standard modus operandi. :shocking: Baldwin basically blew the week one game against Arizona when the refs tried to hand us the game. He might have burned his bridge with Wilson, as Rice looked great and even Tate looked decent. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: Is Golden Tate actually catching the football and laying the smack down on LB to protect his QB???? :shocking: There aren't enough shocking emoticons to express my dismay; Tate has been a huge bust to date.

I am fairly intrigued to see how we do at home against GB. It will take a monster performance on behalf of our defense or a Russel Wilson coming out party (and probably both simultaneously) but I think we might actually have a shot to beat the Packers this year! It's not a huge chance to win but we do have a shot. Call me crazy but Rodgers doesn't look like the best QB in the league so far like he has for the previous couple of years. Of course now I have jinxed us and he will come out and prove he is still the top QB in the game.

I've been defending Wilson but he needs to step up. He's been an adequate game-manager. His speed helps him convert first downs and escape pressure, sometimes minimizing the potential disaster our pass protection opens up. He hasn't been the most accurate, most of his passes are too high. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but he hasn't taken a lot of risks either.

He's still an infant in NFL terms, but I dont really blame those who wonder what Flynn would be doing. It doesn't help that our receivers don't scare anybody.

It's good to see Tate doing ANYTHING. That crack back on the linebacker was sick but I'm surprised he didn't get flagged for it.

:nono:

I bet the Seahawks but I knew that the ref in the game was a SEahawk fan..... How does that happen?

******* on that game for sure!

So, with retrospect, is the loss to Arizona in Week One looking quite so Armageddonish, as I first feared?

Arizona is undefeated, as they've gone on the beat New England and Philadelphia too. So, are NE and Phila quality teams? I guess NE probably is, despite being 1-2. Eagles got very lucky to win their first two games, then got blown out. It's a head scratcher.

Tonight, clearly, is a defining game for this regime. Win, and the future looks very promising. Lose a close one, you can justify progress. Lose badly, and it's brimstone and gnashing of teeth.

So, with retrospect, is the loss to Arizona in Week One looking quite so Armageddonish, as I first feared?

Arizona is undefeated, as they've gone on the beat New England and Philadelphia too. So, are NE and Phila quality teams? I guess NE probably is, despite being 1-2. Eagles got very lucky to win their first two games, then got blown out. It's a head scratcher.

Tonight, clearly, is a defining game for this regime. Win, and the future looks very promising. Lose a close one, you can justify progress. Lose badly, and it's brimstone and gnashing of teeth.

It looks like Arizona is alot like us.

A young team with a good special teams.

A really good defense.

And an offense that with adequate QB play isn't too shabby.

Put that together with a good 49er team, and the Rams who are still fairly young themselves. And I still really like Jeff Fisher as a head coach, and think he can build a winner down there.

That NFC West uis turning out to be one heck of a division.

Not only that but Rusell Wilson drove the ball down to the 4 yeard line in crunch time against a defense that has beaten up its last two opponents and he made the game winning throw twice.

That NFC West uis turning out to be one heck of a division.

The Hawks, Niners and Cards beat people up. This division is no longer a door mat.

You can't just chock up at least 4 easy divisional wins any more. Seattle will have to earn every W even in Arizona and St. Louis.

Hopefully the defense comes out ready to play out of their minds. If they can create decent pressure on Rodgers Seattle has a shot. Irvin, Jones or SOMEBODY needs to help Clemons with getting into the backfield. The loss in week 1 was totally on the pass rush, especially when Kolb got in.

Green Bay doesn't want to start 1-2 so McCarthy will have his boys primed. I expect a hotly contested, LOUD, back and forth game. The team that makes the last defensive stop wins.

Not only that but Rusell Wilson drove the ball down to the 4 yeard line in crunch time against a defense that has beaten up its last two opponents and he made the game winning throw twice.

Those game winning throws...um...I won't exactly call them catchable. Wilson was off target all day. He got them down the field, but due to a couple of huge pass interference calls. Was the play calling bad in the red zone? Yup. Were the passes catchable? Eh. Baldwin knocked out his front teeth stretching out for a ball, and Edwards turned around as the ball zipped by him.

He looked better against Dallas, but they barely blitzed. Tonight, Green Bay will mirror Arizona's game plan. The game rests on: what have we learned from 2 weeks ago, and will the team adjust to those lessons? A lot of running the ball and screens should help immensely.

ESPN did an in depth story on the troubled history of Bruce Irvin. I know they were going for some sob story angle, but I gotta tell you, he might be the worst assh0le in the league. He came off like a complete d!ck. He's the new Jerramy Stevens, but worse. :thumbsdown:

ESPN also said Irvin sacked Peyton Manning in the preseason. He did no such thing. Awful reporting.

ESPN did an in depth story on the troubled history of Bruce Irvin. I know they were going for some sob story angle, but I gotta tell you, he might be the worst assh0le in the league. He came off like a complete d!ck. He's the new Jerramy Stevens, but worse. :thumbsdown:

ESPN also said Irvin sacked Peyton Manning in the preseason. He did no such thing. Awful reporting.

Robert Turbin would have provided a much more inspirational fluff piece AND he'll probably record some actual stats.

After this horseshiot debacle, I don't want to hear any of you assclown Seahawk fans biotch about getting jobbed in the Super Bowl ever again.

:D

This outright theft more than makes up for the Thunder, too.

After this horseshiot debacle, I don't want to hear any of you assclown Seahawk fans biotch about getting jobbed in the Super Bowl ever again.

:D

This outright theft more than makes up for the Thunder, too.

GFY :wave:

Hey, it's cool we won, we all feel great BUT

Russell Wilson....man I don't know. About the only thing he does well is scramble for first downs. He's still an infant but I don't know if he'll ever develop into any thing other then a dink and dunk artist.

Also, composure. WAY to many stupid focking penalties that had nothing to do with the scabs. And while I respect the hard-nosed, tough guy nature of our team there is far too much jawing and fighting every single week, going back to last season.

If not for that miracle/debacle at the end, I think there would've been a lot of people shouting for Flynn to be be our QB. Not that Carroll would care, of course.

Wilson looked a little shaky in the pocket and wasn't completing passes when forced from it either. He wasn't given a ton of opportunities with conservative and sometimes questionable play calling, but be didn't seem to do much with his opportunities either. Hopefully he learns and improves.

Hey, it's cool we won, we all feel great BUT

Russell Wilson....man I don't know. About the only thing he does well is scramble for first downs. He's still an infant but I don't know if he'll ever develop into any thing other then a dink and dunk artist.

Well, I'd like to see him play with some WRs that can actualy get separation from a defender and get open before I jump to this conclusion.

Haven't watched too many Seahawks games, but now I really understand who that 12th man is :pointstosky:

and 13th

and 14th

Good luck the rest of the way :cheers: