Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

The following players have been waived with the designation as injured:

Linebacker Jameson Konz (2010, 7th round)

Defensive end Pep Levingston (2011, 7th round)

Cornerback Roy Lewis

Tight end Cameron Morrah (2009, 7th round)

The following players have been waived:

Wide receiver Phil Bates

Offensive tackle Edawn Coughman

Cornerback Donny Lisowski

Cornerback Ron Parker

Running back Tyrell Sutton

Contracts with the following vested veterans have been terminated:

Offensive tackle Alex Barron

Offensive guard Deuce Lutui

Wide receiver Terrell Owens

The Seahawks roster currently stands at 77 players.

Tarvaris Jackson has been traded to Buffalo for a 7th round pick which can become a 6th rounder if he is active in 6 games next year.

Well, cuts are starting up. Some of the lower draft picks by the front office are being jettisoned, which isn't a surprise. It's hard to hit on players drafted so low. And don't forget Dexter Davis was also recently released too (2010, 7th round). The team hasn't had much luck with drafting big guys late, until possibly this year with Scruggs and Sweezy. I liked Roy Lewis, but it seems that Trufant is playing pretty well and the need for Lewis in nickle and dime packages was reduced. When Moffitt got hurt, we all thought Deuce Lutui would be the starter. Instead, converted rookie DE JR Sweezy has flourished in his new role on the O-line and made Lutui expendable. Although, when you have more than a few injuries on O-line, do you really want to cut a versatile guy like Lutui? There will be more cuts on the line, and some will be easy choices to make. I'm not sure why Cameron Morrah had to go, with Miller's concusion and Winslow's bad wheels, and McCoy's bad hands. I liked Phil Bates in college and it would be nice to see him on the practice squad. Sutton too. I like getting something, anything, for Tarvaris Jackson. The three QBs everybody wanted make the roster, which includes Josh Portis.

It was never true that Owens and Braylon Edwards were competing for the same position. That was media conjecture. Both were competing for a roster spot on an inconsistent WR group. Sidney Rice will make the this team. Dough Baldwin has been struggling with a hamstring that could linger all year. What else does this team have? TO was trying so hard to make plays, he was squeezing boards into sawdust. He dropped a few passes in games, before he finally caught a long one vs Kansas City. The sideline went nuts as everybody was pulling for TO. 2 days later, he's gone? Why? Kris Durham has been dropping everything in sight for months and he's still stealing money on the roster. Baldwin and Lockette haven't playerd. Deon Butler and Golden Tate have been OK in spots. Braylon Edwards is your best WR right now. Why is Owens cut? It makes no sense.

Sidney Rice

Doug Baldwin

Braylon Edwards

Golden Tate (potential)

Ricardo Lockette (poential)

I'd cut Deon Butler, Kris Durham, no hesitation. Charly Martin? How many potential WRs do you want? I need guys that can play right now. Bad move cutting Owens. Bad move. His ceiling for this year was higher than every other WR, and if you don't cut Durham first, then competition is bullsh!t. I'm disappointed.

TO is washed up. I'm glad he was cut.

Now get excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IbYoeSf6Gk

The following players have been waived with the designation as injured:

Linebacker Jameson Konz (2010, 7th round)

Defensive end Pep Levingston (2011, 7th round)

Cornerback Roy Lewis

Tight end Cameron Morrah (2009, 7th round)

The following players have been waived:

Wide receiver Phil Bates

Offensive tackle Edawn Coughman

Cornerback Donny Lisowski

Cornerback Ron Parker

Running back Tyrell Sutton

Contracts with the following vested veterans have been terminated:

Offensive tackle Alex Barron

Offensive guard Deuce Lutui

Wide receiver Terrell Owens

The Seahawks roster currently stands at 77 players.

Tarvaris Jackson has been traded to Buffalo for a 7th round pick which can become a 6th rounder if he is active in 6 games next year.

Well, cuts are starting up. Some of the lower draft picks by the front office are being jettisoned, which isn't a surprise. It's hard to hit on players drafted so low. And don't forget Dexter Davis was also recently released too (2010, 7th round). The team hasn't had much luck with drafting big guys late, until possibly this year with Scruggs and Sweezy. I liked Roy Lewis, but it seems that Trufant is playing pretty well and the need for Lewis in nickle and dime packages was reduced. When Moffitt got hurt, we all thought Deuce Lutui would be the starter. Instead, converted rookie DE JR Sweezy has flourished in his new role on the O-line and made Lutui expendable. Although, when you have more than a few injuries on O-line, do you really want to cut a versatile guy like Lutui? There will be more cuts on the line, and some will be easy choices to make. I'm not sure why Cameron Morrah had to go, with Miller's concusion and Winslow's bad wheels, and McCoy's bad hands. I liked Phil Bates in college and it would be nice to see him on the practice squad. Sutton too. I like getting something, anything, for Tarvaris Jackson. The three QBs everybody wanted make the roster, which includes Josh Portis.

It was never true that Owens and Braylon Edwards were competing for the same position. That was media conjecture. Both were competing for a roster spot on an inconsistent WR group. Sidney Rice will make the this team. Dough Baldwin has been struggling with a hamstring that could linger all year. What else does this team have? TO was trying so hard to make plays, he was squeezing boards into sawdust. He dropped a few passes in games, before he finally caught a long one vs Kansas City. The sideline went nuts as everybody was pulling for TO. 2 days later, he's gone? Why? Kris Durham has been dropping everything in sight for months and he's still stealing money on the roster. Baldwin and Lockette haven't playerd. Deon Butler and Golden Tate have been OK in spots. Braylon Edwards is your best WR right now. Why is Owens cut? It makes no sense.

Sidney Rice

Doug Baldwin

Braylon Edwards

Golden Tate (potential)

Ricardo Lockette (poential)

I'd cut Deon Butler, Kris Durham, no hesitation. Charly Martin? How many potential WRs do you want? I need guys that can play right now. Bad move cutting Owens. Bad move. His ceiling for this year was higher than every other WR, and if you don't cut Durham first, then competition is bullsh!t. I'm disappointed.

I have to agree with Philly on TO. He was getting open. Give him a few more weeks to shake the rust off and get familiar with Wilson. We're ready to compete this year so waiting around on guys like Tate and Durham isn't going to cut it. Factor in injuries and I could have seen Edwards and TO as our eventual starters.

Hopefully that punt return got Tate's head out of his ass because he really needs to step up.

I have to agree with Philly on TO. He was getting open. Give him a few more weeks to shake the rust off and get familiar with Wilson.

Exactly. I was surprised and disappointed to see him cut. It looked like he could still run and get open. You have to expect a few dropped passes as he gets back into game shape. Heck...he's always dropped a few balls. I have to assume that there was something else to it. :dunno:

You all seriously want TO's drama and BS to be directed at Russell Wilson? GOOD RIDDANCE TO!

Except, there was no drama nor BS. Not a peep. He did that practical joke with Carroll in front of the whole team. He is the 2nd greatest WR in NFL history, hasn't lost a step, and is in terrific shape. But we keep Obomanu and Durham and Butler around. Are we trying to anticipate future drama? There wasn't any in Buffalo and Cincinnati. He came across as humble, the last few weeks. But I'm sure the media will write some stories about TO being TO. Talk about a misunderstood personality. I've had great respect for him since his days in Philadelphia and watching the antics up close.

Oh, well. Time to move on. He's not coming back.

Oh, well. Time to move on. He's not coming back.

True.....but not before I reflect for a moment on what might have been if he catches that long TD from Flynn. T.O still shipped down the river? Flynn warming the bench?

Perhaps the most important implication-bearing dropped pass in recent memory. I am sure that it haunts T.O.

True.....but not before I reflect for a moment on what might have been if he catches that long TD from Flynn. T.O still shipped down the river? Flynn warming the bench?

Perhaps the most important implication-bearing dropped pass in recent memory. I am sure that it haunts T.O.

Ripples on a pond.

In making the QB decision, the coaching staff counted that dropped TD pass by TO as an actual TD for Flynn. It didn't count against Flynn.

Didn't see the game. But I heard Irven finally showed up.

I didn't watch the game, but I've been reading up on it. Irvin apparently stayed in the game to play against the deep reserves of Oakland until he finally did some things to build his confidence up. Of all the draft picks made this year, Irvin is looking the worst of the bunch.

Wilson and Flynn looked sharp last night, drops from various receivers and backs notwithstanding.

Final cuts are going to be really interesting, as we are going to see some really talented players let go.

Mike Morgan has come out of nowhere and might be the starting MLB. I guess that made Rudd expendable. Moffitt is back and looked capable, but might not hold off Sweezy for the starting O-line spot.

I still don't like how the draft focused on mostly one skill specialty players, but Carroll is assembling a tremendous defense from all these low round picks, so I'll let the mad scientist go along with merry way. The drawback is that you will be cutting all around solid players to keep one skill players that need to develop the other skills.

We should just flip our 1st and 2nd round picks for multiple later picks every year. These guys don't really start drafting until about round 3...

I too missed the game last night. Golden Tate seems to be the only injury, so that's good. Bring on the Cards!

We should just flip our 1st and 2nd round picks for multiple later picks every year. These guys don't really start drafting until about round 3...

I too missed the game last night. Golden Tate seems to be the only injury, so that's good. Bring on the Cards!

I was thinking the same thing. These guys really do their homework from round 3 on.

I'd say from now on, trade our 1 and 2 and move up higher and get a can't miss guy. Or trade those 2 and get a couple years worth of 3,4 and 5's.

These cuts are going to be really interesting. And hard too, especially at rb and wr.

I had actually heard that 1 spot could come down to either Leon Washington or Golden Tate, because of ST and return ability.

I found it kind of interesting also that Washington didn't suit up, for a meaningless game, but Tate did. He also then didn't look great in his returns either.

Might've lost himself a roster spot.

Didn't see the game. But I heard Irven finally showed up.

Irvin has been getting better and better each game. People just want to look at the stat sheet to determine if he had a good game or not but what the stat sheet hasn't shown is the times he has been double teamed (quite often) because of his speed which has opened up sacks for others on the D Line. Bruce Irvin will be fine.

Irvin has been getting better and better each game. People just want to look at the stat sheet to determine if he had a good game or not but what the stat sheet hasn't shown is the times he has been double teamed (quite often) because of his speed which has opened up sacks for others on the D Line. Bruce Irvin will be fine.

I watched the previous 3 games closely. I love watching the guys in the pit. Irvin repeatedly gets one lineman on him, he typically goes to the outside move, and gets pushed past the QB. If he does any other move, he is completely shut down.

He isn't going to be a factor this year. In fact, pray that he doesn't see much of the field, as he is a liability vs the run and a decoy at best on passing downs. If coaches want to double team him, maybe they aren't very smart. My thought is that maybe he improves in the offseason and next year becomes a contributor. He will probably get a couple of sacks this year, but the whole defense is going to be blitz from any direction sack by committee approach, but those sacks won't offset poor play otherwise. I'm not seeing it for Irvin, at least against decent players. First round defensive ends are typically playmakers from the start. Mid round DE picks take a couple of years and then a switch can go off. Irvin is more like the project mid round DE type. Like 4th rounder Jaye Howard, who is useless on run downs but very good at getting to the QB.

I hope I'm wrong for the team's sake. Sincerely. I want to see a title before I die.

I didn't watch the game, but I've been reading up on it. Irvin apparently stayed in the game to play against the deep reserves of Oakland until he finally did some things to build his confidence up. Of all the draft picks made this year, Irvin is looking the worst of the bunch.

I watched the game and I wouldn't count him out just yet.

In the first quarter he was on specials teams and was the first guy down the field on a punt. Parrish, the punt returner, made a move avoiding Irvin's tackle and Irvin ended up on the turf. Irvin got back up and ran down Parrish from behind with a great hit that forced a fumble. And I believe that's when he found his confidence. (at least that's the way my booze soaked mind remembers it)

I still think he has a lot to learn about NFL ball, but when/if that happens he is going to be fun to watch. Kid has a crazy motor.

Looks like Tate made the cut. Lets hope he does something this year.

I'd say our only weakness is at the wr position. Everwhere's else we look pretty solid. Heck, even McCoy's catching the ball. That puts us 3 deep at TE.

I'm scratching my head over Winslow's release. He was looking good in the preseason, building some chemistry with Wilson. MCcoy made him expendable? Are we going to re sign one of the other kids we just cut? Was Kellen mouthing off to Carroll?

Weird..

*Russell Wilson was not handed the Seahawks starting job. I’m told in July he often was the only football person at the Seahawks facility, as he showed up every day at 6:30 a.m. to watch tape. Wilson has a little Peyton Manning in him. In fact, he consulted with Manning before the draft, as well as Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. Wilson also visited with Colts quarterback coach Clyde Christensen, who previously coached Peyton Manning. Christensen shared Peyton’s notes with Wilson, and they were similar to the kind of notes Wilson takes. Wilson keeps a diary of every practice on an Excel worksheet.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-3466.html

:pointstosky:

I'm scratching my head over Winslow's release. He was looking good in the preseason, building some chemistry with Wilson. MCcoy made him expendable? Are we going to re sign one of the other kids we just cut? Was Kellen mouthing off to Carroll?

Weird..

Winslow refused a pay cut which was being worked on since the trade with Tampa went down ao he was sent packing. This was only a one year deal with Winslow at best because his salary jumps to 4.5 million next year and there is no way the Hawks were paying that. Heck the 3 million he was owed this year was also way too much considering his health issues, what the Hawks are paying Zach Miller, and the salary cap space they need to lock up some players this next offseason like Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. No big loss.

Winslow refused a pay cut which was being worked on since the trade with Tampa went down ao he was sent packing. This was only a one year deal with Winslow at best because his salary jumps to 4.5 million next year and there is no way the Hawks were paying that. Heck the 3 million he was owed this year was also way too much considering his health issues, what the Hawks are paying Zach Miller, and the salary cap space they need to lock up some players this next offseason like Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. No big loss.

You're right. Moore is an upgrade anyways.

So Tate is out two weeks...great! More snaps for somebody who might do something with them.

Carpenter is back at practice. I'm curious how he'll do at guard.

I can't focking wait until Sunday!! :banana: :pointstosky:

With the college football season starting up, I've been distracted by the final roster moves.

I was very surprised by the Winslow cut, as he had fit very nicely with the QBs and was seemingly a big part of the upcoming season's offensive plans. Moore can't block, isn't as good at catching the ball, but is taller I guess. I understand Moore isn't that bad, but I don't know if you want to cut a security blanket like Winslow for a team with two young QBs who seem to like to throw to the TE. It's one of the few roster moves made that noticeably downgraded a position. Very rare for this regime. They seem to like specialty players, I guess a tall target at TE was the goal. Be careful about these types. Kris Durham is already history.

I hope Carpenter is actually recovered from the knee injury before they throw him into the game. It takes time to recover, and he might be one legging it out there. I don't want his limitations to hinder Okung next to him, and lead to an injury to our most key lineman. Still, that would be two large humans playing next to each other, blocking out the sun.

Rice, Baldwin, Edwards, good. Obomanu, Tate, Martin, bad. They had 13 WRs in camp, and they still managed to screw it up. And they cut Winslow so save giving up a 7th round pick. Wilson is the QB over Flynn, partly because he now has barely anybody to throw it to, so the scrambling will come in handy when the staring WRs due to injury by Week 3 are Ben Obomanu Charly Martin.

Winslow couldn't pass the physical with New England. I wonder when he got so banged up, since he passed the Seattle team physical initially and looked pretty damn good catching the ball in the preseason games.

Halftime.

My frustration is without comparison. Poor offense, very poor play from Wilson, poor play calling, defense can't stop anybody, no pass rush, garbage, garbage, garbage. Oh, Sidney Rice is playing well, so he is off the hook. Nobody else. Are we at the point where Flynn comes in to start the 2nd half?

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh. :wall: :wall:

Random thoughts for right now....

If you are a contending team, you do not...

Do not get flagged for 13 penalities.

You don't throw backward laterals three times and hope to get away with it each time.

You rarely generate pressure on a Cardinals team with a beat up offensive line.

You do not allow the ice cold back up QB with jittery pocket presence to easily march down the field late in the game to beat you.

You take the 17 different chances the refs give you in the final 2 minutes to salvage the game, and squander all of them.

When you pick up the blitz, and have 10 seconds to sit back and throw, and do nothing with it.

You don't ignore how shitty your rookie QB loooked for most of the game.

Here's an idea. The other team is blitzing alot. Maybe mix in a slant pass or something new.

When you get so many red zone chances, stop settling for FGs.

You don't cut T.O. until you are really sure that you have 6 WRs on the roster that can catch a ball. You have Rice and Edwards and nothing.

Braylon Edwards should have caught the last pass of the game.

Doug Baldwin should have caught that ball in the endzone.

Why do they keep calling a fade in the endzone, when it never came close to working.

There was talk of possibly cutting Leon Washington this offseason. Madness.

Bruce Irvin. Zero sacks, zero tackles, zero hurries.

Okung is a guy hard to trust anymore. Always hurt or plays hurt and commits penalties.

Wilson played better in the 2nd half than the miserable first. They won't bench him for now. But if losses to Dallas and Green Bay happen, do you go Flynn then?

Arizona post game said Seattle was running the same offense as when they had Tarvaris Jackson, but Wilson was easier to defend.

A little perspective. If Baldwin or Edwards haul in those passes, Wilson is a real football hero as well as putting up a serviceable 16 fantasy points.

I think everybody forgot that Arizona was a pretty solid team last season, and they were fired up as hell playing at home.

For more of my thoughts, refer to the Wilson Sucks thread.

Okung is a guy hard to trust anymore. Always hurt or plays hurt and commits penalties.

These two points are going to make or break our season.

Random thoughts for right now....

If you are a contending team, you do not...

Do not get flagged for 13 penalities.

You don't throw backward laterals three times and hope to get away with it each time.

You rarely generate pressure on a Cardinals team with a beat up offensive line.

You do not allow the ice cold back up QB with jittery pocket presence to easily march down the field late in the game to beat you.

You take the 17 different chances the refs give you in the final 2 minutes to salvage the game, and squander all of them.

When you pick up the blitz, and have 10 seconds to sit back and throw, and do nothing with it.

You don't ignore how shitty your rookie QB loooked for most of the game.

Here's an idea. The other team is blitzing alot. Maybe mix in a slant pass or something new.

When you get so many red zone chances, stop settling for FGs.

You don't cut T.O. until you are really sure that you have 6 WRs on the roster that can catch a ball. You have Rice and Edwards and nothing.

Braylon Edwards should have caught the last pass of the game.

Doug Baldwin should have caught that ball in the endzone.

Why do they keep calling a fade in the endzone, when it never came close to working.

There was talk of possibly cutting Leon Washington this offseason. Madness.

Wilson played better in the 2nd half than the miserable first. They won't bench him for now. But if losses to Dallas and Green Bay happen, do you go Flynn then?

Arizona post game said Seattle was running the same offense as when they had Tarvaris Jackson, but Wilson was easier to defend.

It's only 1 game and we are starting a rookie QB.... Way overreaction here in my view.

(Other then the Oline/Penalty's which go hand and hand)

When you are talking about the first game of the year, at there house, fans going nuts, team fired up and all geared up, and against a Division foe, and you with a rookie QB. That's asking a lot. Arizona is no joke on Def. either.

That's not the normal Arizona team when you add up all these factors. It was a coin flip game and it played out that way.

All the rookies struggled other then RG3.

I personally think Wilson did a very good job for what was allowed of him! Flynn would have took 10 sacks with the way our line was blocking. Our Line SUCKED BAD. Wilson had a guy in his face every single play in my view. And the wides did not help either. The passive play calling also did not help. To conservative. I think we thought we could win with just our Def and playing conservative and run it down there throat, while not letting Wilson do his thing or lose it for us. (ala T. Jackson)

It was unlucky we knocked out there QB also, because we were not ready for Kolb and his nothing to lose attitude. We had Skelton locked down. That happens sometimes when you get that new backup coming in.

I think our Def will be fine. Wilson will be fine.

We will need a WR in the draft next year. We should have drafted one this year! They were deep and good.

Baldwin screwed them as he is regressing it looks like, and I think they thought he was all that.

We definatley make mistakes and everybody can second guess our moves. But, we move on and we do it quickly. I like where we are going!

Everything will change if we beat Dallas next week at our place with our fans going nutz and our first home game opener. ;)

A, haha. I knew Wilson reminded me of someone.

It's only 1 game and we are starting a rookie QB.... Way overreaction here in my view.

Not so much an overreaction as a "here we go again". It's as if the team isn't any better than last year. We still have a limited playbook on offense; the coordinator refuses or is afraid to call plays because of limitations of the QB position i.e. Tarvaris Jackson playing injured most of last season and now we have a rookie QB with happy feet. Without Leon Washington, do we score more than 3 or 6 points for the game? And just like last season, no pass rush. And just like last season, we don't have a QB that can pull off a win in the 4th quarter and just like last season, an excruciating loss. A loss that can keep a team from making the playoffs. San Fran just knocked off Green Bay, and we lost to an Arizona team on the decline. You can't sugarcoat it. Arizona is at best mediocre. You can't lose that game if you want to take the next step. You just can't. Meanwhile, Flynn is unproven, and will remain that way. Wilson gets Dallas and Green Bay next. I can easily see an 0-3 start, season over. And for the umpteenth year in a row, I will be begging the front office to get pass rush help on the defensive end position.

How can I not be somewhat pessimistic?

(Other then the Oline/Penalty's which go hand and hand)

When you are talking about the first game of the year, at there house, fans going nuts, team fired up and all geared up, and against a Division foe, and you with a rookie QB. That's asking a lot. Arizona is no joke on Def. either.

That's not the normal Arizona team when you add up all these factors. It was a coin flip game and it played out that way.

All the rookies struggled other then RG3.

I personally think Wilson did a very good job for what was allowed of him! Flynn would have took 10 sacks with the way our line was blocking. Our Line SUCKED BAD. Wilson had a guy in his face every single play in my view. And the wides did not help either. The passive play calling also did not help. To conservative. I think we thought we could win with just our Def and playing conservative and run it down there throat, while not letting Wilson do his thing or lose it for us. (ala T. Jackson)

It was unlucky we knocked out there QB also, because we were not ready for Kolb and his nothing to lose attitude. We had Skelton locked down. That happens sometimes when you get that new backup coming in.

I think our Def will be fine. Wilson will be fine.

We will need a WR in the draft next year. We should have drafted one this year! They were deep and good.

Baldwin screwed them as he is regressing it looks like, and I think they thought he was all that.

We definatley make mistakes and everybody can second guess our moves. But, we move on and we do it quickly. I like where we are going!

Everything will change if we beat Dallas next week at our place with our fans going nutz and our first home game opener. ;)

I'm gonna agree with you here on the need to draft a WR next year. (Justin Hunter, please o please).

Baldwin gets a pass in my book though. He could of made a game winning touchdown catch, and didn't. BUT. He also spralled all out to make that catch, and in the process not only got the wind nocked out of him, but also came down awkward and knocked out his front teeth.

The dude is a baller, and a fine slot reciever.

NO, regression in my book.

Not so much an overreaction as a "here we go again". It's as if the team isn't any better than last year. We still have a limited playbook on offense; the coordinator refuses or is afraid to call plays because of limitations of the QB position i.e. Tarvaris Jackson playing injured most of last season and now we have a rookie QB with happy feet. Without Leon Washington, do we score more than 3 or 6 points for the game? And just like last season, no pass rush. And just like last season, we don't have a QB that can pull off a win in the 4th quarter and just like last season, an excruciating loss. A loss that can keep a team from making the playoffs. San Fran just knocked off Green Bay, and we lost to an Arizona team on the decline. You can't sugarcoat it. Arizona is at best mediocre. You can't lose that game if you want to take the next step. You just can't. Meanwhile, Flynn is unproven, and will remain that way. Wilson gets Dallas and Green Bay next. I can easily see an 0-3 start, season over. And for the umpteenth year in a row, I will be begging the front office to get pass rush help on the defensive end position.

How can I not be somewhat pessimistic?

Pessimism could very well be on my way. But not after week 1.

I don't believe Russell Wilson was the reason we lost this game. Outside of ST and a strong run defense the whole team lost the game.

I thought they just flat out sucked. I actually liked what I saw out of Wilson. He was on that fine line the way he played. Had he threw a TD to win, he would've gained praise. He didn't, so he's getting bashed. Either way, he wasn't hirrible, nor the reason we lost that game.

Pessimism could very well be on my way. But not after week 1.

I don't believe Russell Wilson was the reason we lost this game. Outside of ST and a strong run defense the whole team lost the game.

I thought they just flat out sucked. I actually liked what I saw out of Wilson. He was on that fine line the way he played. Had he threw a TD to win, he would've gained praise. He didn't, so he's getting bashed. Either way, he wasn't hirrible, nor the reason we lost that game.

People are being WAY too hard on Wilson. It might turn out he's not the answer, but he showed a lot of heart. Whenever he had time in the pocket, nobody was open. Again, it was focking stupid cutting TO. We've also passed on drafting Ruben Randle (we could have kept Rudd and addressed MB next year), Torrey Smith and Randle Cobb. Rice will probably get hurt before he shakes the rust off and Tate will probably make the exact same impact when he comes back as he did this weekend. With Charly Martin out (poor guy) we should resign Owens.

We dodged a huge bullet with Okung's knee, but it wont matter since he'll probably leave early again this week. We're going to need him to ball with Demarcus Ware coming into town.

We lost yesterday because we couldn't get to the quarterback. Kevin Kolb is the same sub-par jackass he's been his entire career. If we get a little pressure on him, he sh!ts his pants on that last drive and we leave Arizona with an ugly win. Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones looked pretty damn good this week. Being a defensive minded team we needed to do more then draft a project. Our secondary made some big plays and did a solid job containing Fitzgerald. The Sherman INT was a thing of beauty. It's criminal they don't get much help.