Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Is D - Thomas WR Denver now a top 10 WR?

I hope they sign Dallas, I can draft him in the later rounds and he should have another good year or two in him. If he remains upright.

I was thinking about this myself. All opposing defenses had 9 men in the box to stop the run (so says McGahee today on the Jim Rome radio show). Thomas was left with man coverage every single play once Tebow had his run. No way 9 men will be in the box now and we'll see if Thomas can actually get open with a safety back there. Somebody is going to emerge as a PPR monster from this team though.

MOZ - BTW I'm 100% Eddie Royal won't be the guy. Damn I wish I was in a league with you...oh wait I am ;)

D Thomas is not a particularly good route runner. Maybe he can improve on this but I think it will limit his effectiveness with Manning in there.

Decker is probably the guy to get right now. I bet Denver will add someone else who will end up being an effective fantasy player as well.

Im taking the wait and see approach.I personally dont think Manning will be the same player.

Royal will not be top 20 in San Diego.

Decker owned the 1st half of last season, id bet him to be the best wr in Den for fantasy as long as he is healthy

In the last 7 games of 2011 (including the playoffs), DeMaryius was the #2 fantasy WR. He scored 14 fantasy points per game over that stretch, and that was WITH Tim Tebow. His ADP will rise after the addition of Peyton Manning, but I'm not sure it will rise far enough.

In the last 7 games of 2011 (including the playoffs), DeMaryius was the #2 fantasy WR. He scored 14 fantasy points per game over that stretch, and that was WITH Tim Tebow. His ADP will rise after the addition of Peyton Manning, but I'm not sure it will rise far enough.

peyton is going to kill him in OTA's and training camp if he dosent tighten up his routes.. I can see him going either way either monster top 5 year or very avaerage (pierre garcon type year)

I am trying my A$$ off to grab decker in two of my dynasty leagues right now.. IMO he's the guy to own

I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but Thomas runs much more precise routes now than he did while in college. Tebow couldn't throw to a specific location if he tried, so Thomas and Decker had to improvise on a consistent basis. Thomas doesn't just have the speed to run deep routes, he has the size to become an effective Reggie Wayne type of player.

If you go back and watch the final few games, Thomas was running very nice routes, then had to break off at the end and find a place Tebow could hit him. He is more known for his deep threat ability, but don't sleep on him and regurgitate the same nonsense other boards are posting. Thomas absolutely can run routes. He isn't going to ever be Jerry Rice or Tim Brown, but he can run a route enough to get open, especially with an elite QB. Has Manning ever had a WR with this size & speed ratio? Harrison ran a sub 4.4, but was only 6 ft and weighed a whopping 178lbs. Thomas is 6'3 1/4 and 225, running the same 40 times. If you should worry about anything, it is whether or not Thomas can stay healthy. The rest of his game is fine.

I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but Thomas runs much more precise routes now than he did while in college. Tebow couldn't throw to a specific location if he tried, so Thomas and Decker had to improvise on a consistent basis. Thomas doesn't just have the speed to run deep routes, he has the size to become an effective Reggie Wayne type of player.

If you go back and watch the final few games, Thomas was running very nice routes, then had to break off at the end and find a place Tebow could hit him. He is more known for his deep threat ability, but don't sleep on him and regurgitate the same nonsense other boards are posting. Thomas absolutely can run routes. He isn't going to ever be Jerry Rice or Tim Brown, but he can run a route enough to get open, especially with an elite QB. Has Manning ever had a WR with this size & speed ratio? Harrison ran a sub 4.4, but was only 6 ft and weighed a whopping 178lbs. Thomas is 6'3 1/4 and 225, running the same 40 times. If you should worry about anything, it is whether or not Thomas can stay healthy. The rest of his game is fine.

TALK ABOUT IT !!!!!!! 82-1380-31 !!!

:unsure:

I'm pretty ridiculously high on him, but he's learning a brand new offense and seems injury prone his first two years, and his likely price will be on the rise barring injury... I could see him going in the late third to early fifth.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/03/20/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-demaryius-thomas-tim-tebow-nfl-free-agency/

Thomas is good at getting down the field but sucks at short & intermediate routes. Tebow is good at throwing downfield but sucks at short and intermediate routes.

Peyton Manning makes his living with short and intermediate routes.

I submit to you that Thomas may actually be worth less now, certainly less than the #2 WR in fantasy football.

If Peyton leads Decker over the middle like he did with Austin Collie, Decker will have more concussions than games played. :dry:

If Peyton leads Decker over the middle like he did with Austin Collie, Decker will have more concussions than games played. :dry:

Stokley had no problems in the slot with Harrison and Wayne on the wings :dunno:

Thomas is good at getting down the field but sucks at short & intermediate routes. Tebow is good at throwing downfield but sucks at short and intermediate routes.

Peyton Manning makes his living with short and intermediate routes.

I submit to you that Thomas may actually be worth less now, certainly less than the #2 WR in fantasy football.

Yeah, but what's his ADP going to be?

Here's the WR's being drafted immediately before Thomas right now:

23 5.11 Reggie Wayne WR IND

24 5.11 Dwayne Bowe WR KC

25 6.01 Stevie Johnson WR BUF

26 6.09 Jeremy Maclin WR PHI

27 7.02 Anquan Boldin WR BAL

28 7.03 Santonio Holmes WR NYJ

29 7.05 Mario Manningham WR SF

30 7.11 Antonio Brown WR PIT

31 8.02 Plaxico Burress WR NYJ

32 8.03 Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

I'd rather have Thomas over Plaxico, Manningham, Boldin, Holmes, and Wayne. To me he should probably be drafted in the WR24-26 range. I'd also rather have Eric Decker over those guys as well. I'm not sure what the "right price" is on the Broncos WR's, but its certainly too low right now.

per rotoworld:

Broncos signed WR Andre Caldwell, formerly of the Bengals.

It's a two-year deal, per Profootballtalk.com. Caldwell ran a 4.37 at 6-foot-1, 209 at the 2008 Combine, but he doesn't play nearly that fast. His career yards-per-catch average is 9.5. In Denver, Caldwell figures to compete for third receiver duties and play on special teams. He is a willing blocker, and can play both the Z (flanker) and slot positions on offense. With Peyton Manning at the helm, it's certainly not out of the question that Caldwell will come into 2012 fantasy value

anyone see a sleeper? he has burner speed and with thomas's injury history you never know>? :dunno:

I'd rather have Thomas over Plaxico, Manningham, Boldin, Holmes, and Wayne. To me he should probably be drafted in the WR24-26 range. I'd also rather have Eric Decker over those guys as well. I'm not sure what the "right price" is on the Broncos WR's, but its certainly too low right now.

I am sure their ADPs will be much higher come July/August.

I am sure their ADPs will be much higher come July/August.

Well how high is too high? What ADP will you not draft them?

Some of you are really over-thinking this. Health is the only question here- both Thomas's and Manning's. If both are healthy, Thomas is a lock top-20 WR with top-5 upside. The guy is a monster talent and showed at the end of last year that he knows how to produce and be a #1 guy. His performance against the Steelers in the playoffs was pure dominance against one of the league's top shut-down corners. No-brainer.

The guy was proclaimed to be another Brandon Marshall, the better version. He has shown flashes, and looked good with a terrible QB. If he can stay healthy, and Manning can be half as good as he was in Indianapolis, good things. I say Top 10.

I don't think so. I think Willis has a chance to crack the top 10 RBs with Manning steering the ship, though.

I don't think so. I think Willis has a chance to crack the top 10 RBs with Manning steering the ship, though.

Lightning doesnt strike the same spot twice. Especially old rbs with some serious knee injuries in the past.

Lightning doesnt strike the same spot twice. Especially old rbs with some serious knee injuries in the past.

I'm betting Denver gets and RB in the draft. I think Moreno is a more logical choice to rebound than McGahee but I'm still wagering they go younger.

Too many questions.

I'm going to take the last viable option, and just hope for value.

Just like I've played the Indy, NE,GB, & NYG WR game for years.

Well, that knee injury bumps his just out of my leagues top 10 this week. He's saying he doesn't think it's serious, but we shall see.

I had him in a dynasty, drafted Hillman to back the position up, but traded Willis away during the year...interested to see what happens from here on out. :unsure:

As far as the D. Thomas question the thread is really about....guess he is top 10, afterall. He's sitting at #7 in my league.