Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Tebow a Jet

Putting all the media fluff, all the negative and positive crap aside. From a purely football, on the filed perspective. The Jets just got better as a football team.

lol, Tebow is a better QB than Sanchez.... This should get interesting.

Kill me

As a NYer I HATE this deal. We Re going to have Tebow shoved down our throats. Ugh.

Whats the worse that can happen? The only way Tebow starts is if Sanchez can't get it done. Which means the team is losing. At that point why not give a proven winner at every level of football a shot? He's not a hit to the salary cap as he makes hardly any money. It's a no lose situation for the Jets.

Whats the worse that can happen? The only way Tebow starts is if Sanchez can't get it done. Which means the team is losing. At that point why not give a proven winner at every level of football a shot? He's not a hit to the salary cap as he makes hardly any money. It's a no lose situation for the Jets.

If Tebow was as awesome as you say he is, with the scarcity of QBs, why did they only get a 4th round pick for him?

That locker room is going to get ugly... All the ghetto thugs on that team + tebow...LOLOLOLOL....

Although maybe they brought him in to mentor Sanchez... rumor is he doesn't have the work ethic and drive...

If Tebow was as awesome as you say he is, with the scarcity of QBs, why did they only get a 4th round pick for him?

"Randy Moss was acquired by the Patriots from the Oakland Raiders on April 29, 2007 in exchange for a fourth-round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft"

This makes absolutely zero sense.

Yah, send the conservative naive bible thumper to the capitol of hell bound atheist liberals. That'll sell a ton of jerseys! They're going to eat him alive. :unsure:

as a Patriots fan, I am happy to hear this news... :dunno:

I don't see how this is good for the Jets at all.

oh...me too. :first:

QB controversy in NY starting...today. :lock:

This makes absolutely zero sense.

Yah, send the conservative naive bible thumper to the capitol of hell bound atheist liberals. That'll sell a ton of jerseys! They're going to eat him alive. :unsure:

Apparently NY was the highest bidder. He wanted to go to Jax but apparently they wanted to give up less than a 4th round pick for him. :lol:

They can use him in GL/Short yardage situations, makes them tougher to stop, not a good thing for the pats. Better if he went to Jax

I wish he Teblows would wear #80 to make :pointstosky: relevant again. Got the color right

Half that team wanted Sanchez ousted when Mark Brunell was their backup. This is going to be a disaster for them. They already salvaged what they could after trying to woo Manning by giving Sanchez the contract extension. His position as team leader was already precarious. Now, the first time he plays poorly, the wolves will turn on him. And he knows it.. Which will make it even harder for him to succeed. As a Patriot fan, i freeking LOVE this signing. I bet the Jets dont win 6 games next year, and Rex Ryan is fired by mid season.

oh...me too. :first:

QB controversy in NY starting...today. :lock:

I just don't "fear" either of those QBs.

The Jets were a threat once - Sanchez was an up-and-coming QB, Rex was an inspiring/entertaining HC, they had playmakers in every phase. Their Defense was ferocious and their offense full of young talent and potential.

I just don't feel that way anymore. Their defense is still very good.

But Rex is a blowhard - I like him, he's entertaining, but you have to win for that schtick to work (See Parcells).

Their offense is woeful.

Their locker room is dysfunctional.

Tebow is still a young unproven unorthodox QB with a lot of detractors. Not sure why you think, I think, he is 'awesome'. One doesn't have to be 'awesome' to better than Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn. Which was all I was saying last year.

The Patriots got Randy Moss a few years ago for a 4th rounder too. Trades are all about risk and timing. The Pats made out like bandits on the Moss trade, and the Jets 'might' have too. We'll find out.

New York Media Hysteric Maniacal Rip In Time And Space.

Tebow vs Lin.

It's on, like Genghis Khan.

I just don't "fear" either of those QBs.

The Jets were a threat once - Sanchez was an up-and-coming QB, Rex was an inspiring/entertaining HC, they had playmakers in every phase. Their Defense was ferocious and their offense full of young talent and potential.

I just don't feel that way anymore. Their defense is still very good.

But Rex is a blowhard - I like him, he's entertaining, but you have to win for that schtick to work (See Parcells).

Their offense is woeful.

Their locker room is dysfunctional.

Their locker room is going to be even more dysfunctional listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnYKBwbKtvk&feature=related

Seahawks should've traded for him.

Tebow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flynn

Tebow is still a young unproven unorthodox QB with a lot of detractors. Not sure why you think, I think, he is 'awesome'. One doesn't have to be 'awesome' to better than Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn.

The Patriots got Randy Moss a few years ago for a 4th rounder too. Trades are all about risk and timing. The Pats made out like bandits on the Moss trade, and the Jets 'miaght' have too. We'll find out.

they now have "2" maybes at QB?

Who is more likely to pan out? legit question - Sanchez or Tebow?

with 2 "maybes" that means you don't have a QB.

And the difficulty wiht Tebow is that you need a COMPLETELY different scheme with him in there.

We hear all the time from coaches, the more a team has to prepare for against you, the more likely you are to be successful - nevermind the Jets just trying to get their own gameplan down week-to-week, now they need a second game plan to accomodate Tebow?

EDIT:

[snarky] it's the same gameplan for both - the "our QB can't throw" gameplan [/snarky]

Tebow is still a young unproven unorthodox QB with a lot of detractors. Not sure why you think, I think, he is 'awesome'. One doesn't have to be 'awesome' to better than Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn. Which was all I was saying last year.

The Patriots got Randy Moss a few years ago for a 4th rounder too. Trades are all about risk and timing. The Pats made out like bandits on the Moss trade, and the Jets 'might' have too. We'll find out.

You know I was just teasing you for your Tebow love.

Personally I think this will be disastrous for the Jets. That place is rough, and throwing Tebow into the QB mix does absolutely nothing to unify that team.

And the difficulty wiht Tebow is that you need a COMPLETELY different scheme with him in there.

We hear all the time from coaches, the more a team has to prepare for against you, the more likely you are to be successful - nevermind the Jets just trying to get their own gameplan down week-to-week, now they need a second game plan to accomodate Tebow?

2 Maybes at QB is better than 1 Maybe and a 4th round pick. :dunno:

To your last point, I'm pretty sure Mark Sanchez is the number one starter and Tebow will be the back up and 'specail packages' player similar to how they used Brad Smith in the past.

And if Sanchez regresses or he gets hurt you have a viable back up QB. Much better shape than 41 year old Mark Brunell. Its not like the Jets offense is some run and shoot offense. Tebow, if needed, could fit in easily with what they try to do.

The Jets are a running team...when they are successful. I guess what makes no sense is they just signed Dirty Sanchez to a new deal. This makes me think they are only grabbing Teblow to keep him away from the Pats or they are going to use him strictly in wildcat.

They create a sub package thats short yardage read option based... I can't imagine this is rocket science... Problem is when that sub package is successful all the time and sanchize continues to suck, they will be crying to leave tebow in...

2 maybes at QB is better than 1 Maybe and a 4th round pick. :dunno:

agreed.

they're essentially, "throwing more at the wall" to see if something sticks.

Seahawks should've traded for him.

Tebow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flynn

There is an inherent difference between signing someone in free agency for just cash when you have a lot of cash vs. giving up draft picks. Plus, Flynn is probably more able at this very moment to complete passes in a West Coast style of offense than Tebow.

They create a sub package thats short yardage read option based... I can't imagine this is rocket science... Problem is when that sub package is successful all the time and sanchize continues to suck, they will be crying to leave tebow in...

The Eagles tried this BS and it failed miserably. QB can never get in a rhythm and the defense knows what you are about to do.

I hear you Dank - and I agree - but what you're talking about isn't a "QB" it's a gimmick or special situation player.

To me, the gimmick and short yardage don't matter much if your team doesn't have reliable QB play on all the other plays in the game.

And if this is how they use Tebow, it does him no good - maybe KSB is right, maybe Tebow can eventually develop into an every-down QB (I can't even believe we're talking about QB's like this: an every-down-QB)

but for Tebow to develop, somebody has to let him sink or swim one way or the other.

There is an inherent difference between signing someone in free agency for just cash when you have a lot of cash vs. giving up draft picks. Plus, Flynn is probably more able at this very moment to complete passes in a West Coast style of offense than Tebow.

Wait. Are you trying to have a rational discussion with MDC?

The Eagles tried this BS and it failed miserably. QB can never get in a rhythm and the defense knows what you are about to do.

With Tebow, it should work better. He was famous in Florida for that run up towards the line of scrimmage, stop on a dime, and toss the ball over the top of the line for a completion. That could result in a few TDs in short yardage and might keep the defense a little bit more honest.

Wait. Are you trying to have a rational discussion with MDC?

I must have cornfused this thread with the Seahawks thread on the mange page. I suck.