Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

Willing to start and Commish new FFToday Dynasty

If the interest still exists, I am willing to start up and Commish a new Dynasty League for FFToday die-hards.

I am willing to run it on MFL, $100 entry (League Safe), no IDP, PPR. Veteran draft would take place in June.

Rookie-only Draft would take place in August, no College Devy picks.

Otherwise, it would mirror many of the features of the League that MFM has been talking about...(I am in this League - Fat Bastards Dynasty)).

So, if you like MFM's approach, this would be very similar.

Let me know if you are interested: temerity71@hotmail.com

I'm probably In Too many leagues.

My deep keeper with mfm looks like a go, just joined the mffl, got the ibl, my home league and the cult classic dynasty.

But I'm tempted

So far I have two confirmed participants, and one guy in the thread above that is going to e-mail me.

Gonna be a good league - get in today...

So far, three participants plus myself.

More League Details:

12 Teams. Top six make the playoffs, top two seeds get a first round bye. Payouts for top points, Champ, Runner-Up and 3rd place. Some joke-kind of thing for the Toilet Bowl teams. 'Pro Bowl' event in Week 17. We will use all weeks.

Rosters will be 20 slots total, 10 starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR 1 TE, 1K, 1 D/ST, 1 RB-WR-TE Flex

Also, a taxi squad with four slots for 1st and 2nd year players, plus two IR slots.

Scoring will be 'Performance PPR', with some slightly better Yardage:Points ratios for TE's, and small bonuses for large yardage games for all positions. In this way, skill position scoring is well-balanced among all the positions, and TDs are balanced against Yardage. Defensive and Special Teams scoring is just slightly higher than standard, rewarding safeties and fumble recoveries slightly better.

FAAB for FA acquisitions, will First Come- First Serve to follow until the Thursday night games (lots this year, eh?)

I have three other Leagues that use this same system and it is consistently good.

Veteran draft will be in late June, with a Rookie Draft to happen in August.

Trades will be approved by the Commish, merely to ensure no shenanigans. Otherwise, it's your team to make or break.

$100 per entry, all money allocated for prizes save the Website fees. $50 deposit for future year held in escrow...and allowing for trading of future picks. Somehow, we'll get somekind of trophy.

Right now I am fleshing out the League rules and laying down a Draft of the Constitution, subject to ratification by all League members.

I have been Commish of three other Leagues for five years now, so this ain't my first rodeo.

I've always wanted to be a part of some dynasty/keeper league and most of my home leagues won't go for this.

I'm currently in 3, so this would be my 4th serious league.

I'd give it a go.

I've always wanted to be a part of some dynasty/keeper league and most of my home leagues won't go for this.

I'd give it a go.

:cheers:

another good player!

I'd give it a go.

If anyone wants in, please e-mail me with your full real name (for example, if it's not, in fact, Matt Meuller, or what have you), and phone number.

E-mail temerity71@hotmail.com

This will be enough to hold your position.

Doug

Drop kutulu a PM. He'll be looking for a new league. He's about to be kicked out of the DNDL. :cheers: :banana:

Drop kutulu a PM. He'll be looking for a new league. He's about to be kicked out of the DNDL. :cheers: :banana:

I'll take the last 20 picks overall in the draft and still beat you doorknobs. :banana:

I have been Commish of three other Leagues for five years now, so this ain't my first rodeo.

You are the commish of 3 other leagues? How do you find that much time during football season?

You are the commish of 3 other leagues? How do you find that much time during football season?

Commish-ing four aint that much different from Commish-ing one, if you set it up right.

On another note - we now have 5 Owners plus myself that have come forward. If they all commit, the League is now half full.

Waiting on more dudes to put up their hand, but it's filling up nicely.

Doug

I'm in. Been wanting to participate in a league with you guys for a while. Never been in a dynasty league, so I'm looking forward to this.

Wish I could, but the entry fee is a little steep for my current situation. Perhaps I'll be there to take over a team down the line. Good luck!

I'm new to the boards as being a member, but I've been coming to fftoday & the today boards since 2005. I commish a keeper league but would love to participate in a dynasty league. Let me know if I'm in & I'll send ya my email.

So far we have 8 guys plus me who have expressed interest.

Thus, nine filled, three to go. Once I have 11 plus me I will contact the Owners in question to invite them into MFL and start getting the whole thing set up, arrange for deposits into League Safe, etc etc.

Let me know if want one of the three remaining spots.

Doug

I was asked:

The Draft will be a slow Serpentine Draft over the course of a week or so.

Positioning for the Draft will be random.

Doug,

What is the status of the League Constitution and bylaws?

$100 entry and then an additional $50 for next year? (am I reading that correctly)

Thanks

Doug,

What is the status of the League Constitution and bylaws?

$100 entry and then an additional $50 for next year? (am I reading that correctly)

Thanks

The Constitution/ By-Laws is 90% written - I am importing it from a previous (CBS) league that is very similar. It is subject to ratification by all League members before we do the Draft, of course - you have to subscribe to what we are doing in principle before you sign on for the long haul. An Owner would get to peruse this document before committing to the Draft - it will be the first order of business once I have 12 heads and start asking for deposits. Once I had deposits, a Draft date would be finalized.

For the start up year, you send $150. $100 is your league entry. $50 is a deposit for future years which is held in escrow by the Commish.

If you bail on the League mid-season, or without notice - your $50 is forfeit. If you bail in-between seasons you get your $50 back. Essentially it is 'bond' money, or a security deposit if you will, to modestly ensure future responsibility and protect the League.

Further, I was thinking that all the teams would be named to match the FFToday handle for their respective Owners. That would be neat.

Further, I could post the MFL link periodically on the main Board, so persons could see how our League and Owners were doing - Evil Genius versus 420 All Stars, Madd Futher Mucker vs Giants Fan !

Except I would never play in a League with Giants Fan - so breathe easy. :wacko:

Except I would never play in a League with Giants Fan - so breathe easy. :wacko:

Thank god. I can only imagine a league forumn full of spam dedicating to professing his desire to knob every giant player.

Further, I was thinking that all the teams would be named to match the FFToday handle for their respective Owners. That would be neat.

Further, I could post the MFL link periodically on the main Board, so persons could see how our League and Owners were doing - Evil Genius versus 420 All Stars, Madd Futher Mucker vs Giants Fan !

Cool Idea!

:lock:

hey, i sent you an email,did you get it? I was interested, but if youre holding for inner circle guys that's cool. Let me know.

Matt Eagles makes 9 guys plus me.

We now have 2 spots remaining.

I am in negotiations to add White Wonder and Madd Futher Mucker.

Hopefully this will complete our League...but it's not yet a given - if you are really keen, let me know - I will have a waiting list.

So, let me know if you want in.

Doug

I wouldn't call it "negotiations". All I want is for Doug to commit to get his ass from Canada down to Texas and buy me two cases of Heinekens Beer and go to the Houston GB game with me to celebrate my 65th b'day....is that too much to ask? But if Wonder is gonna join, then my price just went up to two cases of Heinekens, two Bottles of Jack Daniels for chasers and if Matts Eagles is in, then I'll also need a case of Fat Bastard wine, just to be able to handle his annoying questions.

Seriously, I'm already committed to 5 leagues, but I told him I'd give him my answer by Tuesday latest - I sure hope he gives me an answer about the Hou GB game by then.

sounds like a solid league but im going to have to decline. i'm in 4 leagues plus the IBL and i have even less time to commit than i have in the past.

wish you guys the best of luck and i look forward to checking out how the draft goes.

I'm interested if you still need people just let me know. I know I lurk around here a lot, but in all that time I've had to have absorbed something.

I'm interested if you still need people just let me know. I know I lurk around here a lot, but in all that time I've had to have absorbed something.

With White Wonder declining, I have a space - e-mail me your fullname and telephone number

temerity71@hotmail.com

hey, i sent you an email,did you get it? I was interested, but if youre holding for inner circle guys that's cool. Let me know.

Not sure who you are Mr. Crowes.

E-mail me again - temerity71@hotmail.com

Need your full name and telephone number