Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

If he is really the next AP I did not want to miss out. I am suprised that moz chose brady over him.

I chose Brady because I knew you would take him and he ws the last big 3 left. I thought for sure you take AJ to go with Rice I was wrong :(

ok i am finally home and can really toss out some analysis so far.

T-Rich - i just don't see it that early. The track record for rookie RB's just really isn't spectacular and Richardson will play for a perennial loser likely starting a rookie QB. Obviously I could be wrong and the guy is super talented but that is a high pick for a rookie RB in that situation. I know I know, he is can't miss and there hasn't been one this can't miss since ADP. In short, I give you props for having the cajones to take him and I understand he wouldn't have made it back to you, even by my draft board.

I thought MJD would be the first real pick off the board.

Calvin is a beast, fock the curse.

Forte was on my radar but after a closer look, not only does he have a bunch of issues, he simply didn't play that well last year.

I like the Jimmy Graham pick more and more. Still not my style to take a TE that high but I personally think Jimmy will be markedly better than the rest.

So yeah, my short list for pick 2.3 was Rodgers, Brady, Brees and someone I can't name yet. You guys hit the nail on the head with the point disparity between the top passing QB's and the rest. I looked at last years draft results and the first QB didn't fall until 2.1 with only 2 guys going in the first two rounds. I thought I would be okay with maybe only 1 or 2 other owners noticing this. Plus i figured this is year what? 5, 6 of this league? I thought last years draft results might be a decent barometer.

Alas, I was forced to choose between my unnamed player and Stafford (or another QB). In the end I decided Stafford was the last guy I felt had a more than reasonable chance to repeat last years passing numbers and be on par with ARod, Brady and Brees. Detroit has no run game, a still suspect defense and plenty of receiving weapons. Rushing TD's can be fickle and with 6 pt passing I wanted to make sure I got a guy who I felt i could bank on, health not withstanding.

I'm a much bigger fan of the top 3-4 draft slots this year. At least in terms of my personal tiers. Ill probably be reaching throughout this draft.

I would of gone top 8 drafted so far

Mathews - a 3 down back getting all caries

Calvin - what can I say here

Rodgers - the top numbers QB

Brady - a QB with even more weapons now basically 3b to Rodgers

Trent - Hey if you dont take a chance you dont win and Trent is a monster

MJD - had his carrer year I can see him decent but downhill

AJ - if healthy IMO he is at least the #2 WR in the league IF heathy

Brees - no Peyton scares me

While I love Delay getting Mathews where he did I felt he reached for Graham as theres many solid TE's this year.

Forte scares me -- with a back like Bush who WILL get 40% of the carries and A PISSED OFF fORTE OVER CONTRACT ISSUES

With my draft sot I drafted the best player available each pick thats all I can ask for. My slot sucks but what can you do. My RB's are gonna suck as honestly with VBD I doubt I take one at my next turn. Have a feeling the run is about to begin

sorry, had to belief that it would get to me this quick... my work days suck... let me catch up and will pick the SOD (or at least the 2nd round) shortly...

I would of gone top 8 drafted so far

Mathews - a 3 down back getting all caries

Calvin - what can I say here

Rodgers - the top numbers QB

Brady - a QB with even more weapons now basically 3b to Rodgers

Trent - Hey if you dont take a chance you dont win and Trent is a monster

MJD - had his carrer year I can see him decent but downhill

AJ - if healthy IMO he is at least the #2 WR in the league IF heathy

Brees - no Peyton scares me

While I love Delay getting Mathews where he did I felt he reached for Graham as theres many solid TE's this year.

Forte scares me -- with a back like Bush who WILL get 40% of the carries and A PISSED OFF fORTE OVER CONTRACT ISSUES

Many solid TE's...maybe. Only 1 Jimmy Graham though. Only 1 guy maybe even close to him.

Every yr i pick guys that WILL be on my team.

my work days suck

Top this...I've been preparing for our board meeting that was supposed to be tonight at 5:00pm. I hate those focking things now with my new board. I have 5 great board members and 2 that make my life miserable on purpose. Non the less, I was ready. NOPE - cancelled at 3:00 which is fine I suppose.

Before that, I had a finance committee meeting with 2 of those board members at 4:00 that don't particularly like me, non the less I was very prepared. So we are about 15 minutes into it and WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY! A lady has fallen in the bathroom and needs help. "Is she hurt I ask" yes, badly. I go in there and she had fallen in the bathroom stall trying to help her 4 year old pee. Her arm/wrist was all focked up and she was screaming hysterically. The amubulance finally arrives. 30 minutes later they finally get her out. Then the 45 minute incident report begins.

$100 in lessons cancelled for my two meetings. Both meetings postponed until 2 weeks from now. What a focking waste of a day :thumbsdown:

I would love to make my 2 picks tonight. I just hope Ahill and Hellothere check in a few times this evening.

:banana:

hated making the Gronk pick here... but he scores more than basically any WR on the board, and WAY farther than any other TE still available. Him and Jimmy Graham should easily be on avg 5 ppg ahead of the rest of the TEs, whereas any RB/WR left won't necessarily be that much better than the rest...

hated making the Gronk pick here... but he scores more than basically any WR on the board, and WAY farther than any other TE still available. Him and Jimmy Graham should easily be on avg 5 ppg ahead of the rest of the TEs, whereas any RB/WR left won't necessarily be that much better than the rest...

exactly. :cheers:

I would love to make my 2 picks tonight. I just hope Ahill and Hellothere check in a few times this evening.

:banana:

im sure ahill will check in.

I was struggling with Gronk and AJ actually -- really good pick for the champ

Top this...I've been preparing for our board meeting that was supposed to be tonight at 5:00pm. I hate those focking things now with my new board. I have 5 great board members and 2 that make my life miserable on purpose. Non the less, I was ready. NOPE - cancelled at 3:00 which is fine I suppose.

Before that, I had a finance committee meeting with 2 of those board members at 4:00 that don't particularly like me, non the less I was very prepared. So we are about 15 minutes into it and WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY! A lady has fallen in the bathroom and needs help. "Is she hurt I ask" yes, badly. I go in there and she had fallen in the bathroom stall trying to help her 4 year old pee. Her arm/wrist was all focked up and she was screaming hysterically. The amubulance finally arrives. 30 minutes later they finally get her out. Then the 45 minute incident report begins.

$100 in lessons cancelled for my two meetings. Both meetings postponed until 2 weeks from now. What a focking waste of a day :thumbsdown:

r u homer simpson?

we can get through 4 rounds I hope tonight if folks are here - as ski cant pick tommorow. I hope so

I guess I wouldn't have taken Trent Richardson, in fact there are still two running backs I'd rather have and I'm on the clock now. :music_guitarred:

I guess I wouldn't have taken Trent Richardson, in fact there are still two running backs I'd rather have and I'm on the clock now. :music_guitarred:

Trent Richardson was not going to make it past 2.12 or 3.1 - he was going to be my sneaky pick. Thanks to you all taking so many qb's and Te's, there are going to be some stout wr's left for me as well. I'm pumped baby, pumped! CJ2K, then stud WR, stud WR or RB RB or 2 very tasty point producing qb's left!

ok i am finally home and can really toss out some analysis so far.

T-Rich - i just don't see it that early. The track record for rookie RB's just really isn't spectacular and Richardson will play for a perennial loser likely starting a rookie QB. Obviously I could be wrong and the guy is super talented but that is a high pick for a rookie RB in that situation. I know I know, he is can't miss and there hasn't been one this can't miss since ADP. In short, I give you props for having the cajones to take him and I understand he wouldn't have made it back to you, even by my draft board.

I thought MJD would be the first real pick off the board.

Calvin is a beast, fock the curse.

Forte was on my radar but after a closer look, not only does he have a bunch of issues, he simply didn't play that well last year.

I like the Jimmy Graham pick more and more. Still not my style to take a TE that high but I personally think Jimmy will be markedly better than the rest.

So yeah, my short list for pick 2.3 was Rodgers, Brady, Brees and someone I can't name yet. You guys hit the nail on the head with the point disparity between the top passing QB's and the rest. I looked at last years draft results and the first QB didn't fall until 2.1 with only 2 guys going in the first two rounds. I thought I would be okay with maybe only 1 or 2 other owners noticing this. Plus i figured this is year what? 5, 6 of this league? I thought last years draft results might be a decent barometer.

Alas, I was forced to choose between my unnamed player and Stafford (or another QB). In the end I decided Stafford was the last guy I felt had a more than reasonable chance to repeat last years passing numbers and be on par with ARod, Brady and Brees. Detroit has no run game, a still suspect defense and plenty of receiving weapons. Rushing TD's can be fickle and with 6 pt passing I wanted to make sure I got a guy who I felt i could bank on, health not withstanding.

I'm a much bigger fan of the top 3-4 draft slots this year. At least in terms of my personal tiers. Ill probably be reaching throughout this draft.

This brings a tear to my eye White Wonder! What a beautiful post even if I don't agree 100% with you philosophy's. I'm keeping Stafford in a $200 league, and I'm truly pumped about his possibilities this year. I knew I was excited when you were named a member of this league :cheers:

This brings a tear to my eye White Wonder! What a beautiful post even if I don't agree 100% with you philosophy's. I'm keeping Stafford in a $200 league, and I'm truly pumped about his possibilities this year. I knew I was excited when you were named a member of this league :cheers:

Staffordis a nice 3rd round or 4th round pick don't know about 2.2

I was struggling with Gronk and AJ actually -- really good pick for the champ

now i really don't like my pick... :wall: :doh:

shhhh. I was trying to make the noob feel better:)

never had an issue with him payig early or on time I got no issues with HT and hes a good guy. I just emailed him

Has anyone posted a FOCK U Singman you POS on the main bored -- bastard owes me 300 for winning BDL 2 and LBH more than that amongst others

never had an issue with him payig early or on time I got no issues with HT and hes a good guy. I just emailed him

I don't think anybody has ever had an issue with him. I'm just not sure he's aware we had started drafting

singman is listed as a leader on this mffl forum. Get that d-bag's name removed and replaced with Joc, or current co-chairman.

Has anyone posted a FOCK U Singman you POS on the main bored -- bastard owes me 300 for winning BDL 2 and LBH more than that amongst others

Andrew mentioned calling him but not sure if he has. And yeah...owes me 650.00. He deleted his email address

Andrew mentioned calling him but not sure if he has. And yeah...owes me 650.00. He deleted his email address

That's just wrong. Maybe Karma will catch up to him down the road. You and Gepetto will never get your money, you can only hope it comes back to kick him in the arse in the future.

That's just wrong. Maybe Karma will catch up to him down the road. You and Gepetto will never get your money, you can only hope it comes back to kick him in the arse in the future.

I dont care so much about me - Its not a big thing -- just guys like LBH whos a stand up guy who could use it getting stiffed is just wrong

I dont care so much about me - Its not a big thing -- just guys like LBH whos a stand up guy who could use it getting stiffed is just wrong

Personally I would have nightmares if I woke up down the road, say 2 years from now, and know I've ripped off three players from this league. :thumbsdown:

Some people are like that, and some people aren't. I know where I stand.

joc just emailed Mike FFT again to give you commish powahs in this league and replace that POS

analysis like this is why you were replaced in the IBL :doublethumbsup:

haha just kidding, i miss you in that league :thumbsup:

i didn't want to pick focking stafford but you f@gs forced my hand at QB and since none of the remaining RB's or WR's are much better than what i can get in the 3rd/4th.... for example I can get someone similar to Murray in the 4th. No offense to the Murray drafter.

i still maintain he was the last difference maker in TD passes. :overhead:

also im drunk so if you want my targets now is the time to ask!@

joc just emailed Mike FFT again to give you commish powahs in this league and replace that POS

I will also need your debit card pin number, ss number, and mother's maiden name. This is just standard protocol so don't worry too much about giving me that info. If you have any questions, in about 3 months you can locate me in Belize - wait maybe Canada. Not sure yet, just get me that info and we're good to go :cheers: :overhead: :lol:

analysis like this is why you were replaced in the IBL :doublethumbsup:

haha just kidding, i miss you in that league :thumbsup:

i didn't want to pick focking stafford but you f@gs forced my hand at QB and since none of the remaining RB's or WR's are much better than what i can get in the 3rd/4th.... for example I can get someone similar to Murray in the 4th. No offense to the Murray drafter.

i still maintain he was the last difference maker in TD passes. :overhead:

also im drunk so if you want my targets now is the time to ask!@

Yea, top running back will be plentiful in the 4th round, LOL. :lol:

they wont be, that was my point :ninja:

minus 2 RBs, the 3rd thru 6th or so RBs suk.

large part why i went J Graham. RBs suk.

they wont be, that was my point :ninja:

im there w/ you. u r forewarned if im in front of you.

ps

//i started 5 WR's most of last yr.

what are you laughing about TEAM OKLAHOMA? You only have 1 wr, 1 te, and 1 kicker left to choose from - you're focked :lol:

BTW wr Bradly is no longer in the league - what happened to that guy - he had a few long td's then vanished

im there w/ you. u r forewarned if im in front of you.

ps

//i started 5 WR's most of last yr.

were you the champ? i still dont know who the winner was.

anyway there are still good RB's left. Murray just isn't on my personal list of top backs. If i'm taking a higher injury risk RB I at least wan't it to be someone with extreme stud potential such as McFadden (PS, i didn't feel great about keeping him anyway)

I like Murray, i just don't have a good gut feeling about him and I happen to see some similar players for the end of the 3rd start of the 4th.

were you the champ? i still dont know who the winner was.

anyway there are still good RB's left. Murray just isn't on my personal list of top backs. If i'm taking a higher injury risk RB I at least wan't it to be someone with extreme stud potential such as McFadden (PS, i didn't feel great about keeping him anyway)

I like Murray, i just don't have a good gut feeling about him and I happen to see some similar players for the end of the 3rd start of the 4th.

Yes. I was the champ. Dominated from beginning to end. Lost 1 gm by .5pts.

You'll notice I sometime post by the handle "MFFL Champ". Though I dont like to rub it in, so I dont post w/ it so much.

You'll find I'm a very humble champ, in time.

Yes. I was the champ. Dominated from beginning to end. Lost 1 gm by .5pts.

You'll notice I sometime post by the handle "MFFL Champ". Though I dont like to rub it in, so I dont post w/ it so much.

You'll find I'm a very humble champ, in time.

Dood... you sucked just like the other 10 mo-fos in this league... but at least you weren't one of the ones who b!tched out and left because their bozak didn't hang low enuff...

The CHAMP is who won last year, who the fock else would have won?? Where does Moz find these numbskulls... :doh: :overhead: