Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

AJ was 1 of 3 WR's i would have considered if i decided not to take Freddy. The fact that he was one of 3 WR's and not too far ahead of a following group of about 15 made my Jackson choice much easier. The way i looked at it, If Jackson busts and the Bills backfield ends up vastly different than I predict? I'll still have good WR's later. If Jackson picks up about where he left off? I'd be pissed as fock that i passed on him.

AJ wouldnt have likely made it past me at 4.3 so good selection Moz

I had Fred Jackson ranked highest of the running backs left when that pick was made.

As for AJ Green, I have him ranked 21st among all WRs for 2012.

Why take a RB just to take a RB so I just went QB - WR WR WR the first time ever. either will be really good or be REALLY bad. Just 1 RB on the board I considered but I went with Jordy who will have at least 4 monster games

you guys are killing me taking the next 3 WR's i had in mine in Julio, Austin and Nelson... in order to boot lol gimme a few

like i said im kind of doing this in my mind and i had talked myself into Julio there (and only had 3 names in my head). Should have realized MTSki would snap him up.

so i had to choose between 2 guys. decided to go with the WR with the most upside. If Dez could just work on his route running he could be a monster

Why take a RB just to take a RB so I just went QB - WR WR WR the first time ever. either will be really good or be REALLY bad. Just 1 RB on the board I considered but I went with Jordy who will have at least 4 monster games

so funny.

this from the guy who last yr, despite my decent record and being 1st in total pts, was constantly raining on my parade.

like a broken record, over and over, "ur team sux delay. everyone knows it takes RB's to win in this league".

blah. blah.

but now though, since you went WR 3 out of 4, WR heavy lineup can work, right?

Finally had to pull the trigger on turner. I feel like there's a big drop off at rb after him and I think he's got one more good year in him.

Finally had to pull the trigger on turner. I feel like there's a big drop off at rb after him and I think he's got one more good year in him.

8 receptions would be a very good year for him :P

8 receptions would be a very good year for him :P

1300 yards and 11 TDs rushing last year, I just couldn't pass here, even if he only had 17 catches.

1300 yards and 11 TDs rushing last year, I just couldn't pass here, even if he only had 17 catches.

i wouldn't pass either. if he was actually going to have 1300/11.

shouldn't you be making your pick instead of defending an old fat guy that cathes 17 whopping balls as the #1 Rb on his team?

:cheers:

Even if drops off a little, he'll still put up good numbers for a second RB.

shouldn't you be making your pick instead of defending an old fat guy that cathes 17 whopping balls as the #1 Rb on his team?

:cheers:

i can do both. and did.

Even if drops off a little, he'll still put up good numbers for a second RB.

he could, i suppose.

i just hate guys like this yr's Turner...

there's a lot of them.

for a second i almost drafted turner myself. just for a second though

tough decision for me this round... homer inside of me finally won out. I think Smitty is going to put up one more on fire year with a full offseason w/ Cam. I think the scoring bonus for 50+ yd TDs played into my decision too. I don't care if Smitty is 32, he still can beat most DBs deep.

tough decision for me this round... homer inside of me finally won out. I think Smitty is going to put up one more on fire year with a full offseason w/ Cam. I think the scoring bonus for 50+ yd TDs played into my decision too. I don't care if Smitty is 32, he still can beat most DBs deep.

was between smitty and wallace for me right in front of you.

i almost took this one out of your hands, it was close.

was between smitty and wallace for me right in front of you.

i almost took this one out of your hands, it was close.

yeah. i have my eyes on a couple of guys right now, but i'm gambling at least 1 of them (hopefully 2) keep slipping...

these middle rounds are so tough - especially w/ the way this draft is going so far.

Gotta love this draft. it's 3 days past the NFL draft and we're 4 rounds in... better than any mock you'll ever do this time of year. :headbanger:

yeah. i have my eyes on a couple of guys right now, but i'm gambling at least 1 of them (hopefully 2) keep slipping...

these middle rounds are so tough - especially w/ the way this draft is going so far.

Gotta love this draft. it's 3 days past the NFL draft and we're 4 rounds in... better than any mock you'll ever do this time of year. :headbanger:

agreed. im pretty much confused as to what the next 20 picks are gonna look like. strictly guessing.

i love this league.

every single pick has been legit.

I am happy grabbing the duo of Julio Jones and Miles Austin.

I know Austin has been plagued by injuries, but he has been a monster when healthy.

I know Austin has been plagued by injuries, but he has been a monster when healthy.

im so happy with your selections.

where is the fock you emoticon?

i really like julio. dude was beast at yrs end. w/ turner's tread wearing thin, i think this is the yr Atl opens up the offense, w/ julio being huge benefactor.

austin, not so much. to me, problem w/ him as #1/2 WR on ur fantasy team is he's not even the most gifted or athletic WR on his team, Bryant is. not a good indicator to me.

I was hoping to select a WR in round 4 in this order:

Steve Smith CAR

Miles Austin

Mike Wallace

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

hmmm, now what to do...

I was hoping to select a WR in round 4 in this order:

Steve Smith CAR

Miles Austin

Mike Wallace

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

hmmm, now what to do...

there's still 3 or 4 more WRs that belong in that group. draft one of them?

I still like Austin over Bryant. I think Austin will be in better shape with his hammy issues behind him. Higher floor / lower ceiling imo.

I pondered smitty and wallace when i took Bryant but Smitty is getting up there in years while Wallace is malcontent and Bruce Arians is gone. but i do like both guys and they were the next two on my list.

now i think there is a slight dropoff that also brings a handful of rb's back into play as well as the next wave of QB's

agreed. im pretty much confused as to what the next 20 picks are gonna look like. strictly guessing.

i love this league.

every single pick has been legit.

no doubt, it's pretty much going by the rankings list I'm going off of.

The top 18 running back on my list are gone, none after that

Wr's are pretty damn close as well with Dez Bryant being the lowest one ranked at 21 gone.

Te's have gone by the book, not many of them yet...

Qb's on par as well

I think the obvious picks are pretty much gone, it's going to jumble up some now. I see three defenses going in the 5th round :ninja:

I hate this wait, gambled my player would fall, just one more pick :wall:

I have one player I really really want left on the board. Please let him slide a little longer...

i really like julio. dude was beast at yrs end. w/ turner's tread wearing thin, i think this is the yr Atl opens up the offense, w/ julio being huge benefactor.

austin, not so much. to me, problem w/ him as #1/2 WR on ur fantasy team is he's not even the most gifted or athletic WR on his team, Bryant is. not a good indicator to me.

Charles Rogers was a very physically gifted and talented first round draft pick. :dunno:

I had a better analogy, but it involved 2 players that havent been chosen yet.

Charles Rogers was a very physically gifted and talented first round draft pick. :dunno:

I had a better analogy, but it involved 2 players that havent been chosen yet.

Didn't he have a td like in his first 3 games in a row, maybe 6 - then died in the NFL? He was on fire to begin his year

no doubt, it's pretty much going by the rankings list I'm going off of.

The top 18 running back on my list are gone, none after that

Wr's are pretty damn close as well with Dez Bryant being the lowest one ranked at 21 gone.

Te's have gone by the book, not many of them yet...

Qb's on par as well

I think the obvious picks are pretty much gone, it's going to jumble up some now. I see three defenses going in the 5th round :ninja:

you're using a list? someone else's premade list?

cheater... :thumbsdown:

honestly, for as weird as this draft is, i can't see it going any other way...

you're using a list? someone else's premade list?

cheater... :thumbsdown:

honestly, for as weird as this draft is, i can't see it going any other way...

Of course I'm using a list - cbssportsline

Just for the names of course, I don't care what order they are in though. I like to scratch off names while mocking, then I get a pretty good idea who might be available when it finally comes back to me 23 picks later.

As you can tell by last years excellent record, my method SUCKS! So fock off 3 time champ :wall:

Bold prediction for Gepetto this pick - he stays in the NFC EAST division :ninja:

I know what you're thinking Gepetto, just do it!

Bold prediction for Gepetto this pick - he stays in the NFC EAST division :ninja:

I know what you're thinking Gepetto, just do it!

It's just not a fantasy football draft if I don't draft Vick. :headbanger:

It's just not a fantasy football draft if I don't draft Vick. :headbanger:

I knew it! Solid pick for potential badass points at any given week (until he gets hurt of course)

Yea baby, I'm drinking me some blue turf koolaid

The #2 rated rookie running back off the board. Why not? A very solid choice imo :cheers:

Yea baby, I'm drinking me some blue turf koolaid

focker... i was REALLY hoping he would slide 1 more round to me. i couldn't risk it with Smitty still on the board, but damn i wanted to draft him as the potential bell cow in TB.

I knew it! Solid pick for potential badass points at any given week (until he gets hurt of course)

yeah, predicting Gepetto drafting Vick is like predicting it's going to rain in the Amazon...