Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

Its very difficult to do anything from work typically, and had a busy day today-

I expect the BJGE would not have been the pick for a lot of people here. Ive been thinking about it (guessing who would be left and I was mostly right) and who would be left to pick from. Almost went a number of different ways, but I again really like BJGE as a high floor guy. The wild card is his TD total, which is very difficult to predict, but he has a great success rate in the red zone and runs hard. If things bounce right he could have a very high total as he should clearly be the man there, and as I recall Benson was 'meh' at red zone rushing.

Its always tough to grade players coming from odd systems (NE) but he reminds me a lot of a fresher Benson/Rudi Johnson type there. They do run a RBBC but Scott/Leonard arent really a threat to take 1/2 down carries away imo. Then in the draft they skipped on RB until the very end. I feel he is in a great position to get 250-300 carries. I believe his hands are under-rated in that he is at least as good as Benson there, and has a decent reception rate in NE, although he wasnt used that way there. A very early prediction

275 carries @ 3.9 YPC ~1075 yards

20 receptions @ 6 YPC ~120 yards

TD - 8.5

~190-200 Pts

That's a decent base for a Flex. But again this is ALL gut guessing this early as the rest of this draft. If they sign a RB I consider a threat, this could blow up in my face and I be left with a glorified GL back.

Thinking about the MASSIVE RBBC movement this year, and general questions there, I really liked BJGE to be a high floor guy and a good gamble from TD and becoming dominant in touches by RB as he has little competition IMO.

I have high expectations for BJGE this year. I think he was a great pick where you nabbed him. I hoping to get him in my remaining two leagues later this summer.

FAMOUS U PICK WE CAN KNOCK THIS ROUND OUT MAN

suck it... i did pick... :music_guitarred:

question is, will Sparano's ground and pound really help Shonn Greene? or will Greene finally plod his way out of a job?

only time will tell...

question is, will Sparano's ground and pound really help Shonn Greene? or will Greene finally plod his way out of a job?

only time will tell...

i dont know what to make of greene, his numbers were not awful but he was just so un-inspiring. hopefully sparano will help and LT is gone. i thought tebow might help, i heard lots of talk about how he helped mcgahee in denver but the numbers dont suggest that. it actually seems mcgahee did better before timmy got the nod. granted i didnt see many broncos games.

i dont know what to make of greene, his numbers were not awful but he was just so un-inspiring. hopefully sparano will help and LT is gone. i thought tebow might help, i heard lots of talk about how he helped mcgahee in denver but the numbers dont suggest that. it actually seems mcgahee did better before timmy got the nod. granted i didnt see many broncos games.

yeah. i think part of the problem with Greene is you can't watch him hoping that he breaks a long one - cause you know it just ain't gonna happen.

but if everything works out right, he'll be my Flex2 getting the standard avg of 13 ppg... which isn't too horrendous.

I picked.

i looked at Wells, he was just slightly more uninspiring then Greene...

Wow I got 3 players I have to decide on -- do I VBD or pick out of need ?????????????????????

no way Bowe is pulling a V-Jax with 9.5 milly on the table.

no way Bowe is pulling a V-Jax with 9.5 milly on the table.

looked at him too... but the QB situation and the contract situation scared me away... that team is too much of a cluster...

I went V jax as theres nothing at RB anyway though I need one. Why not take the best player on the board --5 rounds an no RB my first ever

Bowe and Vjax were the other two I was looking at hard

looked at him too... but the QB situation and the contract situation scared me away... that team is too much of a cluster...

i disagree. well not entirely but i reasoned it a few ways.

1. Bowe said some real good things about being franchised that makes me believe he is not bitter and wont do something stupid. too much money for him to pass up. V-Jax passed at 3 mil. This is 9.5

2. Haley is gone. I think he was the cause of a lot of the clusterfuckedness.

3. Last time Bowe had this QB for a full year he went off for 70+ 1100+ and 15. Yes the QB sucks but i attribute Bowes down year in 2011 (still 80/1100/5) to playing with 3 QB's

I went V jax as theres nothing at RB anyway though I need one. Why not take the best player on the board --5 rounds an no RB my first ever

ive always hated vjax idk why. i think because he gets too much hype and i mostly play ppr leagues. i dont think he has ever cracked 65 catches? could be wrong but im pretty sure hes never hit 70. WR's changing teams dont have a good track record in their first years.

not saying he is a bad pick, far from it. just saying i always seem to ignore him completely. However this year he seems like decent value in the 5th

need to get some sleep. likely wont pick 6.3 till the early AM

i disagree. well not entirely but i reasoned it a few ways.

1. Bowe said some real good things about being franchised that makes me believe he is not bitter and wont do something stupid. too much money for him to pass up. V-Jax passed at 3 mil. This is 9.5

2. Haley is gone. I think he was the cause of a lot of the clusterfuckedness.

3. Last time Bowe had this QB for a full year he went off for 70+ 1100+ and 15. Yes the QB sucks but i attribute Bowes down year in 2011 (still 80/1100/5) to playing with 3 QB's

don't get me wrong, i like Bowe's potential and upside - i just didn't have enough trust. i figured there were other WRs i could risk picks on later and still have close to the same upside, maybe with just a little more downside...

I love the evening chat on this board :wub:

Beannie and Shonn Greene had to go. Along with Bowe and VJ.

Here is my order of them finishing this year

Bowe - will hit 75+ receptions, and over 1k yards

Beannie the wiennie will 100% not play a full 16 games. If he does he'll easily be top 10, but that's like saying Mike Vick will play a full slate - not gunna happen

Greene - I was so high on this guy coming out of the Big 10 as the only rusher to rush over 100 yards every single game. But he blows in the NFL - says a lot about the big 10 i suppose

VJ - yikes, became a super mulit-millionaire - I think WW is correct about his reception totals over the years, but you just never know in Tampa. It's a new year

don't get me wrong, i like Bowe's potential and upside - i just didn't have enough trust. i figured there were other WRs i could risk picks on later and still have close to the same upside, maybe with just a little more downside...

i agree with you that there are plenty of WR's left with upside. Thats part of the reason I went QB early and have just now drafted my 2nd WR.

but i dont think there are many with Bowe's upside. If he scored a few more TD's last year and had no contract issues then he is a 3rd round pick and you guys are drafting him after the Nick's and Cruz's of the world. in my opinion he has a much better chance at being a top 10 WR at years end than anyone left. by a pretty wide margin.

Dear FF league mates, we are now down to 11 owners with a possible chance of winning the title. For the first time in the history of any ff drafting world, a running back has not been selected by an owner (no names mentioned) through 5 full rounds. There should be 0.00999999 percent chance of this particular owner winning the championship. This is fantasy football blasphemy and should only be punished with a long and torturess year. He has thrown it in your faces that he can, and thinks he will win this league with Tom Brady, then 4 consecutive Wr picks - totally negating the rb position. I say fock that and what a slap in the face to his all knowing league mates. Do yourself/ourselves a favor and DON"T TRADE WITH HIM. He will come stong and hard, but fight the urge. This is horrible drafting tactics, and make him pay. You will now only have to worry about 10 remaining participants in 2012 if you hold steadfast! HOLD THE LINES BOYS

:cheers:

Its a good thing I did notsend you my two players :bandana:

Its a good thing I did notsend you my two players :bandana:

name 2 other players that you like and are on your radar :unsure:

Dear FF league mates, we are now down to 11 owners with a possible chance of winning the title. For the first time in the history of any ff drafting world, a running back has not been selected by an owner (no names mentioned) through 5 full rounds. There should be 0.00999999 percent chance of this particular owner winning the championship. This is fantasy football blasphemy and should only be punished with a long and torturess year. He has thrown it in your faces that he can, and thinks he will win this league with Tom Brady, then 4 consecutive Wr picks - totally negating the rb position. I say fock that and what a slap in the face to his all knowing league mates. Do yourself/ourselves a favor and DON"T TRADE WITH HIM. He will come stong and hard, but fight the urge. This is horrible drafting tactics, and make him pay. You will now only have to worry about 10 remaining participants in 2012 if you hold steadfast! HOLD THE LINES BOYS

:cheers:

I know 1 of the 2 RB's I have my eye on will be there my next pick -- V jac would not of been. Why take a back just to take a back? when you know theres more value elsewhere makes no sense

I know 1 of the 2 RB's I have my eye on will be there my next pick -- V jac would not of been. Why take a back just to take a back? when you know theres more value elsewhere makes no sense

just giving you a hard time :cheers:

there are lots of running backs out there I would like to own as my #4 but not as my #1 :cheers:

value can kill you after a while

but yes i agree, with 1 owner picking between your 5th and 6th round picks and the likelihood of him taking 2 RB's being pretty slim it makes no sense to NOT take the best value.

i know who 1 of your RB's is and he will be a very good pick this late in the draft. i think i know who your other RB is and i don't like that guy. I am interested to see.

value can kill you after a while

but yes i agree, with 1 owner picking between your 5th and 6th round picks and the likelihood of him taking 2 RB's being pretty slim it makes no sense to NOT take the best value.

i know who 1 of your RB's is and he will be a very good pick this late in the draft. i think i know who your other RB is and i don't like that guy. I am interested to see.

NFC SOUTH?

AFC North?

NFC East?

AFC West?

OK, I admit, lots of players left with value

I have the 1 ABC QB and the best wrs hands down -- yeah my RB's might suck on the surface but I might get lucky

I have the 1 ABC QB and the best wrs hands down -- yeah my RB's might suck on the surface but I might get lucky

What RBs

yea, yea, I too once thought I had the best WR corps that year when I kept Colston, took TO, some other stud WR, then Plaxicoooo to have 4 supposedly stud WR's in the first 5 rounds. Too bad Colston went down with a finger injury, TO good, Plaxinooo shot himself, and who the hell was my other guy?

You just never know in the WR department.

The same can be said for QB's. Brady has been knocked out for a year as well...

If only there weren't injuries, it would be nice to see who's team played out the best 100% healthy for an entire year.

Lots of quality players left on the board. I had a tough time making my picks.

Jermicheal finley is a target of mine this year after i avoided him last year. He actually exceeded my expectations last year, i expected him to perform worse since he was coming off of an ACL tear. This year instead of rehabbing finley will be putting on muscle and working on his route running skills.

I think this year Finley hits the numbers everyone was projecting for him last season.

I got the the rb I wanted

He was loved at Nebraska. Very talented and fast. You remember who his coach is though? Good luck.

its a risk but the best rb Icould of taken

He was loved at Nebraska. Very talented and fast. You remember who his coach is though? Good luck.

its a risk but the best rb Icould of taken

I looked at him instead of Greene because I know he has more upside. There was just no way I trust the Rat...

I got the the rb I wanted

yep, thats the RB i suspected you would pick. ill never know if i was right on the other guy :lol:

Maclin would have been my pick last round if Bowe was off the board so i am happy to land him here. He is the better WR in Philly and completes a decent WR group for me considering I didnt take one until the 4th.

I see that I'm up, moz and ww tood my next 2 picks, so now I'm split here. I'll pick shortly, after I do more extensive research.

yep, thats the RB i suspected you would pick. ill never know if i was right on the other guy :lol:

Maclin would have been my pick last round if Bowe was off the board so i am happy to land him here. He is the better WR in Philly and completes a decent WR group for me considering I didnt take one until the 4th.

obviously i Maclin and DJax both have huge upside, and they are both great picks in the 6th. Question always is which one is going to stay healthy, and which one is going to get more looks from whoever the QB is each game - cause you know Vick isn't lasting 16.

i probably would have had to make a similar pick at 6.6

DELAY!!!

if you pick soon, i can pick before work... otherwise, it could be hard for me to pick until around... i have Agile Scrum training pretty much all morning.