Sign in to follow this  
DAVID RUFFIN

Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

By KYLE HIGHTOWER, Associated Press–10 minutes ago ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say the wife of Trayvon Martin's shooter is being accused of lying to a judge about their finances during his bond hearing and faces one count of perjury.

An order issued Tuesday by assistant state attorney John Guy charged Shellie Zimmerman for knowingly making false statements during the April hearing. George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the shooting. He was granted $150,000 bond at that hearing and released.

The judge revoked that bond earlier this month after state attorneys argued that both Zimmerman and his wife had lied to the judge about their finances, especially about money raised from a website.

George Zimmerman is back in jail

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h9fNx0ar_y5S6Z47tkYEd6v3ErMQ?docId=fd73031204fa444993c926d9d7ab8c63

The prosecution's got nothin' so now they are going after the little fish. :thumbsdown:

The prosecution's got nothin' so now they are going after the little fish. :thumbsdown:

She made it easy for them by lying under oath.

Interesting. I would wonder if they were trying to get his wife to roll on him, but I assume that Florida (like most states) provides him immunity for things he might have told his wife.

Interesting. I would wonder if they were trying to get his wife to roll on him, but I assume that Florida (like most states) provides him immunity for things he might have told his wife.

Roll on him for what? He's already admitted shooting the guy.

Roll on him for what? He's already admitted shooting the guy.

You're not very bright, are you? :(

You're not very bright, are you? :(

He admitted he shot the guy. He's turned himself in, twice. He was on the phone with the police reporting the incident prior to the shooting. Yet you think they were putting the screws to his wife in order to get her to "roll on him" for something. Is hearsay now admissible in court? And I'm the one who's not very bright? :rolleyes:

What information do you think they were trying to get her to divulge? So far the only thing he hasn't been forthcoming with is the money. If there was a possibility that I might go away for life, I'd hide the money too so my wife would have something to live off of. You honestly believe in a murder case the prosecutor is going to try to use the guys wife to get him on perjury? :lol:

He admitted he shot the guy. He's turned himself in, twice. He was on the phone with the police reporting the incident prior to the shooting. Yet you think they were putting the screws to his wife in order to get her to "roll on him" for something. Is hearsay now admissible in court? And I'm the one who's not very bright? :rolleyes:

What information do you think they were trying to get her to divulge? So far the only thing he hasn't been forthcoming with is the money. If there was a possibility that I might go away for life, I'd hide the money too so my wife would have something to live off of. You honestly believe in a murder case the prosecutor is going to try to use the guys wife to get him on perjury? :lol:

1. Yes the prosecutor would love to get him on perjury in case thd murder rap doesn't stick.

2. Have you ever considered the possibility that Zimmerman confided something in his wife that he did not tell the police? It wouldn't be hearsay if he said it - that's an admission of a party opponent (Google it). :doh:

Wouldn't exactly call her a little fish. She looks like the moon.

Can't wait to hear what Dershowitz thinks about this one.

:popcorn:

1. Yes the prosecutor would love to get him on perjury in case thd murder rap doesn't stick.

2. Have you ever considered the possibility that Zimmerman confided something in his wife that he did not tell the police? It wouldn't be hearsay if he said it - that's an admission of a party opponent (Google it). :doh:

1. Any prosecutor that would love to get him on perjury during a bond hearing in a case that they brought murder 2 charges against him in, shouldn't be practicing law. However seeing as how they haven't charged HIM with perjury, I'll assume that wasn't their intent when they possibly tried to get his wife to roll on him, as you asserted.

2. No, I haven't considered the possibility that Zimmerman confided something in his wife that he did not tell the police. I've been withholding judgement until the facts are out. However, considering that the guy has been cooperating with LE since day one, consenting to hours of interrogation without legal representation on the night in question for starters. It seems highly unlikely to me that he confided something incriminating to his wife that he did not tell the police. But apparently you feel he might have. Which is not surprising considering you've had it in for the guy since day one.

3. I'm glad you actually brought a little legalese into your last response. I was beginning to think the only bar you passed was the t!tty bar on your way to the Bottom's Up Club for their 2 for 1 "Man"aise shots.

Wouldn't exactly call her a little fish. She looks like the moon.

No kidding. Good grief, if you can't look good at 25 you are in for a long road.

I thinks Worms is being out matched.......AGAIN! :overhead:

Exactly.

The Zimmerman's sound like a couple of dumb focks.

Records show that in the days before the bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman transferred $74,000 in eight smaller amounts ranging from $7,500 to $9,990, from her husband’s credit union account to hers, according to an arrest affidavit. It also shows that $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman’s account to his sister’s in the days before the bond hearing.

Four days after he was released on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account into her husband’s account, the affidavit said. The affidavit also said jail call records show that George Zimmerman instructed her to “pay off all the bills,” including an American Express and Sam’s Club card.

A state attorney investigator met with credit union officials and learned she had control of transfers to and from her husband’s account.

Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said cash transactions in excess of $10,000 usually trigger a reporting requirement by the bank to multiple government agencies — including the IRS.

“If Mrs. Zimmerman intentionally structured the financial transactions in a manner to keep the offense under $10,000, not only may she have committed perjury in the state case, but she also may have run afoul of several federal statutes and could face serious federal criminal charges,” Neiman wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

Legal analysts speculate that Mrs. Zimmerman's arrest could be used as a tactic by the prosecutors to pressure her husband.

"They can always say, look, we won't prosecute your wife if you decide to plea to some sort of charge," legal analyst Mark Lippman told "Good Morning America" today. He added, "It seems pretty clear to me that this is not something they would do in a normal case."

:thumbsdown: