Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Kenny Britt having knee problems

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/kenny-britt-has-surgery-on-his-other-knee/

Titans receiver Kenny Britt has twice had surgery on his right knee since tearing his ACL and MCL 10 months ago. Now Britt has had surgery on his left knee, too.

Britt had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee because he had been experiencing swelling after the team’s minicamp at the end of June, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports. Britt has remained at the Titans’ facility to rehab the knee.

The arthroscopic surgery on his left knee came a month after he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in May after experiencing discomfort and swelling during offseason workouts. He had major reconstructive surgery on his right knee shortly after tearing his ACL and MCL on September 25.

I was liking Britt has a high upside WR3, but...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/kenny-britt-has-surgery-on-his-other-knee/

I was liking Britt has a high upside WR3, but...

I think this is the news most Titans fans have been waiting for. Despite the coach speak regarding Kendall Wright being the highest player on the board at the draft. Titans fans immediately jumped to the conclusion that drafting a WR in the first round, despite multiple other glaring needs, was an indication the coaches weren't confident in Britt. I tend to agree, because if Britt is where they want him to be I don't see a snowballs chance in he'll that we take Wright, especially with the emergence of Washington, Cook, and the youngsters. This could turn into one of those nagging things where we never really have a clear picture of how he is doing, but instead we get the generic "taking it day by day" or "we are seeing improvements".

Britt's current ADP of 6.01 at ffc is fair. It was the other knee that got scoped during this latest surgery, so I'm less worried about that and still worried about the troublesome right knee. If he moves well in preseason I'd draft him as a WR2 in the late 4th. High upside WR3 indeed, though Decker/Meachum/Moore/T Smith/Wayne/Garcon are being taken behind him.

Difficult situation to gauge, now getting tougher. May roll the dice with him and hope for the best. This guy was a BEAST last year prior to injury. He seemed to have stepped up to another level and appeared unstoppable.

Between Brown and Holmes.

kind of where i figured. forgot to mention it's ppr, so the gap is bigger from him to Brown. thanks Matt

Stay away. He will never live up to his considerable promise. Ever.

I hear ya on that one. Who has Britt in Zealots? Need a receiver? I got plenty :D

I hear ya on that one. Who has Britt in Zealots? Need a receiver? I got plenty :D

420 took him, but he was smart enough to also grab Nate Washington!

If healthy he is a top 10 WR kid just can't get right. I would be afraid to get near him as I might get hurt too.

420 took him, but he was smart enough to also grab Nate Washington!

I also have Vjax, Cruz, Boldin, Mike Floyd, Bess, Henderson.. so I can weather the storm!

I am a little worried about this latest news as I own him in every Dynasty league I am in (3) but I see him more as a long term prospect.. still very young and has loads of potential.. remember Colston is a DND every year beacuase of Knee problems and he seems to keep putting together decent stats..

Agree below Brown...but, put him and Sidney Rice right next to each other at that spot...basically, the same guy---elite-level stuff when they play, they just don't ever seem to play...the hot tease at the bar...tricks get old after awhile...let someone else spend the money buying her drinks all night...you know she is going home alone...

Yeah, I'm already in that boat with Rice which makes me gunshy about even going for it. Not to mention the guys who has him only team needs are @ RB, and he's got the #3 and #5 picks in the draft, sandwiched around mine.

Yeah, I'm already in that boat with Rice which makes me gunshy about even going for it. Not to mention the guys who has him only team needs are @ RB, and he's got the #3 and #5 picks in the draft, sandwiched around mine.

But this year Rice can be had at a decent price tag and worth the risk -- Britt is going mid to late 4th round. And I think Flynn is a better passer at least right now than Locker ( who thinks starts game 1 in Ten. )

I can offer all of you one guarantee: if Britt is healthy for the first 4-5 weeks of the season and I don't draft him on one of my teams, I can assure you every one of my teams will have played the team that owns him by the time he gets hurt in Week 6 or 7 :wall: