Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Hillis

KC staff has already said they are gonna run a TON this year. Hillis should get 15 carries a game on avg and most GL work. Good O-Line, Easy schedule against the run (4th easiest), and add to all that Charles coming off injury. I am very high on him this yr as a RB3 with RB 2 potential on a consistent basis.

His ADP value is slipping away. Next season I draft early.

KC staff has already said they are gonna run a TON this year. Hillis should get 15 carries a game on avg and most GL work. Good O-Line, Easy schedule against the run (4th easiest), and add to all that Charles coming off injury. I am very high on him this yr as a RB3 with RB 2 potential on a consistent basis.

There is a very good possibility that you may be right. Charles is iffy with his injury from last year. Next year, maybe, this year, iffy. Hillis did have one great year but since then.......

But who else do they have?

I don't think I would pick him until I have 2 or 3 starters but I would have no problem drafting him. In fact I did draft him, in the 10th of 17 rounds. And I already had 3 good backs. If he does well I got a potential great player.

In fact I did draft him, in the 10th of 17 rounds.

When did you draft? I haven't seen him get out of the 5th round in over a week

I would like to know this as well. He went at 4.11 of my last draft and 5.07 of the next. In the drafts since last Thursday, I've not seen Hillis fall past the 5.10 in ANY of them. Either you drafted 3 months ago or.....

There is a very good possibility that you may be right. Charles is iffy with his injury from last year. Next year, maybe, this year, iffy. Hillis did have one great year but since then.......

But who else do they have?

I don't think I would pick him until I have 2 or 3 starters but I would have no problem drafting him. In fact I did draft him, in the 10th of 17 rounds. And I already had 3 good backs. If he does well I got a potential great player.

I have to say it... If you didn't draft months ago, you are full of it. Had you said you picked up Hillis in the 6th, I would have thought you were just drafting with morons. No way does he fall to the 10th unless you aren't telling us this is a 6 team league. You wouldn't pick him until after you have "2 or 3" starters? Really? Are you taking your starters in rounds 1 - 4? If not, you aren't getting Hillis. Sometimes people post crazy things, but you should elaborate on your draft position, number of teams and when the draft was. This post isn't even close to being realistic regarding where Hillis is going NOW.

I have to say it... If you didn't draft months ago, you are full of it. Had you said you picked up Hillis in the 6th, I would have thought you were just drafting with morons. No way does he fall to the 10th unless you aren't telling us this is a 6 team league. You wouldn't pick him until after you have "2 or 3" starters? Really? Are you taking your starters in rounds 1 - 4? If not, you aren't getting Hillis. Sometimes people post crazy things, but you should elaborate on your draft position, number of teams and when the draft was. This post isn't even close to being realistic regarding where Hillis is going NOW.

I drafted Sunday and took Hillis at #72 in a 10 teamer. :dunno:

How 'bout this....how 'bout you quit with the condescending crap and just talk football? Hate to break it to 'ya sis, but not everyone plays in a league of devoted FFers. Most of the time it's just a collection of buddies....like real people, not pretend internet friends...who like to play some stupid game. While you're mocking 18 times a day to find out EXACTLY where Hillis is being drafted NOW, most people are trying to make ends meet, raise a family, etc. It's a game.....which loses some of its amusement when folks like you have to deride others because their info doesn't jibe with your perceptions.

Sometimes you can get Hillis later depending on the league you're in. Why is that such a crime against FF? If you're in a much better smarter super duper league, then I guess you'll have to take him sooner.

How 'bout this....how 'bout you quit with the condescending crap and just talk football? Hate to break it to 'ya sis, but not everyone plays in a league of devoted FFers. Most of the time it's just a collection of buddies....like real people, not pretend internet friends...who like to play some stupid game. While you're mocking 18 times a day to find out EXACTLY where Hillis is being drafted NOW, most people are trying to make ends meet, raise a family, etc. It's a game.....which loses some of its amusement when folks like you have to deride others because their info doesn't jibe with your perceptions.

Sometimes you can get Hillis later depending on the league you're in. Why is that such a crime against FF? If you're in a much better smarter super duper league, then I guess you'll have to take him sooner.

If he was any angrier, he'd show up to your door and punch you in the face in front of your wife and kids.

What's the max you would spend on Hillis at a $200 auction, $10?

I actually got Hillis in the eleventh round of a ten team league. Since I have Mathews and Richerdson, I will most likely be starting him a few weeks, and if he performs he will either be a full time Rb or a flex player on my roster

What's the max you would spend on Hillis at a $200 auction, $10?

Had two drafts the weekend of the 12th, Hillis went middle of round 4 in one league that is based out of KC. Other league based out of Vegas he went in the 8th round. That was 8 days ago. No way he goes as late as 8th now but depending on your league size & requirements I could still see him slipping to round 6 under the right circumstances....$10 auction price would be the highest I'd go. $7 or $8 is more realistic from what I've been seeing.

I have drafted 17 teams on RTsports.com with the earliest being 8/10 an the latest was last night. The leagues are High Stakes $125.00 leagues, so for those that aren't fimiliar with Rtsports, they are very competitive leagues. I have yet to see Hillis get drafted before the 7th round with 1 exception, in which he was drafted at 6.10....

But I am sure all 17 leagues were just a coincidence, because he was drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds of the leagues you drafted in.

Maybe it is time you step off your soap box and stop "trying" to flame people. Why would someone lie about drafting Hillis in the 10th? What does he gain by lieing about where he drafted someone? And lastly, what does it matter if in fact he is lieing? I am sure most people here have done enough research on their own and have an understanding of where someone "should" be drafted.

I'm targeting $7-12 for Hillis in 200$ auction. I'm hoping for a quiet night from him Friday, but its week 3, so he'll likely get a bit of PT.

Does he rank below (cost less) than Ingram and J. Stew, or are they all valued about the same in auction drafts?

Some of you guys are trippin'....seriously. Why is everyone so offended with what Cara said?? She is entitled to her opinion, like everyone else, and I have seen enough of her posts over the years to know that she does not "flame" other posters.

If she wants to call potential B.S., then let her call it. If you read her post, however, you will she that she was mainly questioning the the # of teams and timing of a draft where Hillis goes in the 10th. She said "Sometimes people post crazy things, but you should elaborate on your draft position, number of teams and when the draft was. This post isn't even close to being realistic regarding where Hillis is going NOW"

That is completely true. I recently had 2 different 12-teamer redrafts (one in a champions-only league) with guys who are hard-core FF's, and he has went in the early-mid 5th in both. After his good game in week one of preseason, he has shot up the boards. If the draft was done prior to that, the 10th round is still really unusual, but theoretically possible. However, if any of you are currently drafting in any 12-team money leagues where Hillis is falling into the 7th-8th rounds or later (or falling into the 8th-9th or later in ten-teamers) and you have any upcoming openings....PLEASE send a link and count me and Cara in on that action......for real.

I got him 10.6.

In a draft last night he went 7.3.

Have two more draft in the next 5 days. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

Some of you guys are trippin'....seriously. Why is everyone so offended with what Cara said?? She is entitled to her opinion, like everyone else, and I have seen enough of her posts over the years to know that she does not "flame" other posters.

If she wants to call potential B.S., then let her call it. If you read her post, however, you will she that she was mainly questioning the the # of teams and timing of a draft where Hillis goes in the 10th. She said "Sometimes people post crazy things, but you should elaborate on your draft position, number of teams and when the draft was. This post isn't even close to being realistic regarding where Hillis is going NOW"

That is completely true. I recently had 2 different 12-teamer redrafts (one in a champions-only league) with guys who are hard-core FF's, and he has went in the early-mid 5th in both. After his good game in week one of preseason, he has shot up the boards. If the draft was done prior to that, the 10th round is still really unusual, but theoretically possible. However, if any of you are currently drafting in any 12-team money leagues where Hillis is falling into the 7th-8th rounds or later (or falling into the 8th-9th or later in ten-teamers) and you have any upcoming openings....PLEASE send a link and count me and Cara in on that action......for real.

Ronnie Brown is done, huh? You mean kinda like LT was done before coming to the Jets last season, or like Thomas Jones coming to the Jets from Chicago was done back in 2007? A new home and particularly a new o-line and offensive scheme can make all the difference.

Brown is 29, and still has a lot to give, as Reid well knows. If you think that he (if healthy) won't rip into Shadys bottom line (and shave a bit off Vick, as well), then you are deluded. I am as disappointed as anyone, from a fantasy perspective, because I was expecting big things from McCoy. He still may have a good year......but it will not be GREAT unless Brown goes down.

:overhead:

Cara is entitled to her opinion. (S)he can also express it without calling someone full of sh!t or in a league full of morons. If (s)he does, it's our right to call her out as an uppity b!tch.

Cara is entitled to her opinion. (S)he can also express it without calling someone full of sh!t or in a league full of morons. If (s)he does, it's our right to call her out as an uppity b!tch.

She might have been a bit smart about it, but your reaction, at this point, is a little overboard.

Fact is, your league is probably full of a bunch of amateurs, but that's okay, and it's not a big deal at all. Not every league is full of FF geeks. No need to be so sensitive about it just because someone says so. Maybe just chill out a little and even consider whether you'd be reacting the same way if Cara wasn't a woman.

And what, exactly, is the point of digging up year-old posts? That is, perhaps, the most childish thing I have ever witnessed from a vet on this forearm. I have never claimed to be a guru, and am certainly not always right about players. Nobody is. If I could bat 100% (or even 75%), I would be the richest person alive. I won't bother playing tit-for-tat by searching your old posts......everything spot on, I assume? I don't ring my own bell......no need. But while you are searching my old posts, please be sure and go back a little further and look for names like Hillis, Charles, Rodgers, Foster, etc.....before they were household FF names. Might as well try to achieve some balance, eh? Throw me a bone, dawg.

Interestingly, after the preseason last year, I actually ended up with McCoy in two leagues that he dropped a bit in, and obviously couldn't have been happier. As I mentioned in the post you dredged up, we were all expecting Shady to have a good season, but I think many people were surprised by how unwordly McCoy actually was....particularly his TD total. Yes, I was surprised that Brown didn't see more action, but after Shady started blowing up there was no need to spell him. If you called it, then props to you. Personally, I underestimated his pending success. BTW, I'll save you another search.....I also missed on Finley and Hillis last year.

The only person I see acting "uppity" here is you. Very disappointing.

I agree with you, but he is also correct. There is a theme from Cara challenging people and the credibility of their leagues. It's a tired act that apparently some people are done with.

I find it entertaining so....carry on

I agree with you, but he is also correct. There is a theme from Cara challenging people and the credibility of their leagues. It's a tired act that apparently some people are done with.

I find it entertaining so....carry on

Agree 100%

I would also say, that more people are here to try and rip someone, rather then offer any fantasy football advice. It's a shame on the fantasy aspect, but focking hysterical to read anyways.

I will actually say that reading the terms that people use here to verbally abuse one another has easily doubled my vocabulary.

I drafted Hillis in the 15th round in my money league and was ridiculed for the pick.

Lots of 'you drafted the white guy jokes" and ribbing.

But of course ... this was 2010.

I drafted Hillis in the 15th round in my money league and was ridiculed for the pick.

Lots of 'you drafted the white guy jokes" and ribbing.

But of course ... this was 2010.

She might have been a bit smart about it, but your reaction, at this point, is a little overboard.

Fact is, your league is probably full of a bunch of amateurs, but that's okay, and it's not a big deal at all. Not every league is full of FF geeks. No need to be so sensitive about it just because someone says so. Maybe just chill out a little and even consider whether you'd be reacting the same way if Cara wasn't a woman.

Well, Cara is here to tell us exactly where Peyton Hillis ought to be drafted. And steelers2101 is here to tell us exactly how to react. Perfect.

My league is irrelevant. The point is condescension has no place on these boreds. Lots of different people from different backgrounds are here. No need to belittle them. And when someone does belittle them, I'll do my best to stick up for them. I don't care what Cara is. I suspect you wouldn't be such a Prince Valium if she were a he.

And what, exactly, is the point of digging up year-old posts? That is, perhaps, the most childish thing I have ever witnessed from a vet on this forearm. I have never claimed to be a guru, and am certainly not always right about players. Nobody is. If I could bat 100% (or even 75%), I would be the richest person alive. I won't bother playing tit-for-tat by searching your old posts......everything spot on, I assume? I don't ring my own bell......no need. But while you are searching my old posts, please be sure and go back a little further and look for names like Hillis, Charles, Rodgers, Foster, etc.....before they were household FF names. Might as well try to achieve some balance, eh? Throw me a bone, dawg.

Interestingly, after the preseason last year, I actually ended up with McCoy in two leagues that he dropped a bit in, and obviously couldn't have been happier. As I mentioned in the post you dredged up, we were all expecting Shady to have a good season, but I think many people were surprised by how unwordly McCoy actually was....particularly his TD total. Yes, I was surprised that Brown didn't see more action, but after Shady started blowing up there was no need to spell him. If you called it, then props to you. Personally, I underestimated his pending success. BTW, I'll save you another search.....I also missed on Finley and Hillis last year.

You don't ring your own bell....but you nailed several FF stalwarts before they were household names. :lol:

What's disappointing is the arrogance some posters show toward other FFers. As long as we're not competing against one another, we should be trying to help each other win our leagues. Questioning someone's honesty and intelligence because of where they drafted Hillis is beyond disappointing.

This place should be a great resource to collect diverse opinions about players/teams/situations, not a pulpit for prickishness. Anyone who thinks they can dominate a league simply because Peyton Hillis is drafted later than the 5th is doing exactly that.

You don't ring your own bell....but you nailed several FF stalwarts before they were household names.

No, I don't...and you have been around enough to know that is true. I will, however, defend my record when senselessly and needlessly challenged.

This place should be a great resource to collect diverse opinions about players/teams/situations, not a pulpit for prickishness.

and your sermon is going long today, preacher.

Anyone who thinks they can dominate a league simply because Peyton Hillis is drafted later than the 5th is doing exactly that.

I never even came near the threshold of implying that, nor did Cara in my estimation. Any player can bust....no matter where he is drafted, as you well know. However, I would like my chances if I was drafting with individuals who currently let him drop to the ninth or tenth. You are likely talking about a RB4 at that point. BTW....I simply inquired as to when the draft took place when he got him in the 10th and he didn't answer, but did say Hillis went at 7.3 last night.....although I am still unsure as to whether it was a 10 or 12 teamer.

Well, Cara is here to tell us exactly where Peyton Hillis ought to be drafted. And steelers2101 is here to tell us exactly how to react. Perfect.

My league is irrelevant. The point is condescension has no place on these boreds. Lots of different people from different backgrounds are here. No need to belittle them. And when someone does belittle them, I'll do my best to stick up for them. I don't care what Cara is. I suspect you wouldn't be such a Prince Valium if she were a he.

For someone who was questioning how Cara responded to you, to question me saying maybe you went a bit overboard, is just a bit hypocritical, especially considering I said she was acting a little smart, and there's nothing wrong with you being in a league with a bunch of amateurs. Condescension has no place, so maybe you should stop it yourself. You're only asking for more of the same towards you. I'm more or less on the same page as you, just saying you're being kind of a jerk about, and somehow you missed that I understood what you were saying and simply disagreed with your overreaction.

No, I don't...and you have been around enough to know that is true. I will, however, defend my record when senselessly and needlessly challenged.

Nobody is challenging your......record. :unsure: I do challenge your sense of irony though. You claim not to ring your own bell, but then state how you nailed Foster et al before they were household names. That's a bellrung even by Austin Collie standards.

and your sermon is going long today, preacher.

Here are the cliffnotes: quit being a doosh.

I never even came near the threshold of implying that, nor did Cara in my estimation.

However, if any of you are currently drafting in any 12-team money leagues where Hillis is falling into the 7th-8th rounds or later (or falling into the 8th-9th or later in ten-teamers) and you have any upcoming openings....PLEASE send a link and count me and Cara in on that action......for real.

You're saying it's easy money in leagues where Hillis is going after where Cara says he should be going, presumably because those owners are dolts. That's pretty close to the threshold of what I said....for real. Don't get too dizzy spinning with that. :wacko:

What's disappointing is the arrogance some posters show toward other FFers. As long as we're not competing against one another, we should be trying to help each other win our leagues. Questioning someone's honesty and intelligence because of where they drafted Hillis is beyond disappointing.

This place should be a great resource to collect diverse opinions about players/teams/situations, not a pulpit for prickishness. Anyone who thinks they can dominate a league simply because Peyton Hillis is drafted later than the 5th is doing exactly that.

Again, I generally agree. She might have been a little smart in her response, but it takes a little bit of a leap to equate her response to what you describe here. People say "I call BS" all the time, but taking it so literally that you take it as questioning your honesty is being overly sensitive. Maybe it was simply a way of saying she's surprised that he went that late. It's almost like you were looking for an argument. You say this shouldn't be a pulpit for prickishness, and I couldn't agree more. Such antagonism and contentiousness really bothers me too. But you're only furthering it with the way you responded by jumping to conclusions and making assumptions. Maybe you were having a bad day, so I apologize for any lack of compassion.

Here are the cliffnotes: quit being a doosh.

Says the guy acting the same way. It takes two to tango. So you asking people not to act a certain way when you're acting that way yourself is not the most effective way to get them to stop acting that way.

Well, enough of that. Good luck to all of you this year and hope you can all learn to get along.

That's pretty close to the threshold of what I said....for real.

This ain't horse shoes or hand grenades. Pretty close ain't gonna cut it. You implied that I said any league allowing Hillis past the 5th was easy pickings. I did not. What I said was 7th-8th in a 12-teamer/8th-9th in a 10-teamer. Again, I think you understand the difference.

Steelers2101 is right....enough is enough. I learned a little something tonight about a poster that I once respected in this forearm....and any insight is good insight for future reference. Be well......for real.

For someone who was questioning how Cara responded to you, to question me saying maybe you went a bit overboard, is just a bit hypocritical, especially considering I said she was acting a little smart, and there's nothing wrong with you being in a league with a bunch of amateurs. Condescension has no place, so maybe you should stop it yourself. You're only asking for more of the same towards you. I'm more or less on the same page as you, just saying you're being kind of a jerk about, and somehow you missed that I understood what you were saying and simply disagreed with your overreaction.

Cara never responded to me. She responded to Mr. Galaxy-sounding-name up there. He seemed like he just wanted to jive about Hillis, but got called a liar and included into a league of morons. So I responded to that. I'm not sure it's an overreaction. I'm just sticking up for what I think is right. In this case, some innocent dude who wasn't acting a d!ck at all got a lot of unnecessary flack. Just think it's uncalled for. :dunno:

This ain't horse shoes or hand grenades. Pretty close ain't gonna cut it. You implied that I said any league allowing Hillis past the 5th was easy pickings. What I said was 7th-8th in a 12-teamer. Again, I think you understand the difference.

You'd actually have to try in a league where Hillis was drafted in the 6th? :unsure:

Tomato tomahto The gist is the same: easy pickins based on where Hillis is drafted. Good luck with that.

I learned a little something tonight about a poster that I once respected in this forearm....and any insight is good insight for future reference. Be well.

I've lost your respect. And I would probably lose to you in my pretend competition where I took Hillis in the 7th of a 10 teamer. :(

I concede. stonewall > FeelingMN

The point is condescension has no place on these boreds.

You were massively condescending about my accurate claim that most regulars at FFT know more about fantasy football than the pundits on mainstream programs like ESPN. Now you're crying that a girl hurt your feelings. Get over yourself Sally. :cheers:

And I would probably lose to you in my pretend competition where I took Hillis in the 7th of a 10 teamer.

Perhaps/Perhaps not.....but the 8th-9th or later, was what I actually stated. Accuracy, please.