Sign in to follow this  
Charger

Top Handcuffs

Rashad Jennings - He could actually lock down the starting job IMHO.

Michael Bush - Proved last year he is more than just a backup.

Any one of the Carolina backs if the other gets hurt.

Tate and Gerhart. Talent and injury issues, respectively.

agree with above poster and would like to add Spiller

I would say Tate, Jennings and David Wilson.

I would say Tate, Jennings and David Wilson.

Well said.

Tate, Spiller and Bush

Jennings

Hillis

Tate

In that order. Those are the big three in my mind, and all are expensive handcuffs.

If you are a Lynch owner and have room you might consider adding Turbin, the kid has looked real good and locked down the #2 spot. But purely a luxury at this point.

Jennings

Hillis

Tate

In that order. Those are the big three in my mind, and all are expensive handcuffs.

If you are a Lynch owner and have room you might consider adding Turbin, the kid has looked real good and locked down the #2 spot. But purely a luxury at this point.

Spiller, Hillis, Goodson. I say those 3 based on upside in general and also necessity of a handcuff for those teams.

I'd say Jennings for sure, but until MJD actually shows up I can't consider Jennings a handcuff.

We don't need to completely sleep on Blount in this category. Martin has been named starter and Blount looked lethargic last year, but if we are talking handcuffs, he probably is now in that category.

I grabbed bush to handcuff to forte. Now of course, they will RBBC it and I won't get decent production from either of them.

I don't think its worth grabbing Hardesty to handcuff Richardson, so I won't.

I'd add Hillis and Felix Jones to the handcuff list.

This topic needs more Kendall Hunter

I would not even consider taking Frank Gore without getting Hunter also. I really question how much Gore has left. Hunter tops the list of backups who could be starting or at least seeing significant touches by midseason.

1. Tate - Can put up decent points even if the starter is healthy.

2. Hillis - See #1.

3. Hunter - Better than Gore IMO.

Honorable mentions to Spiller, Jennings, Quizz show, Toby.

#1-Ben Tate-He would be a RB1 if Foster was not there or gets hurt

942 yards last year on 175 carries good for 5.4 YPC. You can still start him as RB3 or Flex even though he is behind arguably the best RB in the league.

#2-CJ Spiller-Boarderline RB1 if was #1 RB. Last 4 games of 2011 had 15 pts, 5 pts, 28 pts, 20 pts, 16 pts.

#3-Kendall Hunter-If given the chance he would be a nice RB2 id say if and when Gore goes down. Has run the ball well this preseason 14 carries for 81 yards(5.8 ypc)

Is Hunter's situation better than Turbin?

Id say no because Lynch is more than likely going to be suspended at some point and he has not practiced in a week as of yesterday because of back injury.

Id say no because Lynch is more than likely going to be suspended at some point and he has not practiced in a week as of yesterday because of back injury.

As far as I've read, Lynch can't be suspended as long as his DUI case is pending, and it sounds like this is going to drag on throughout the whole season. The back injury should be noted though.