Sign in to follow this  
Junkie

If you drafted Gronk or Graham...

Did it screw up your draft? To get one of those 2, you probably used a 2nd round pick. What kind of effect did this have On the rest of your team. I drafted Gronk in the 2nd and my RBs are horrible. If I could do it over I probably would have grabbed Fred Jackson, or Jamal Charles at that point and then gone for Gates orVernon Davis a couple of rounds later.

I got graham in the early 3rd - wasnt drafting for him or gronk, but I couldn't pass him up. Gronk went mid 2nd. I sacrificed a little on a WR1, but graham pretty much puts WR1 #s so no huge loss.

I took Graham at 3.04 after getting Rice & Fitzgerald in the 1/2 rounds so it didn't affect my team because the other owners went on a QB run. My quarterbacks are iffy with RGIII/Palmer because I kept getting the mid-tier quarterbacks snatched up a few picks before I had them targeted.

I took Graham at 2.02 last night after taking Brady in the 1st. I felt fortunate but rolled the dice on AP & Jones-Drew in the 3/4 rounds.

Both of these were 10-teamers & the second team we start 3 WR/TE's so I also selected Hernandez as my 3rd starter. Everyone was taking WR's like crazy so I drafted 2 TE's that are basically WR's. Demaryius Thomas is my only starter in that slot who's an actual WR.

I got graham in the early 3rd - wasnt drafting for him or gronk, but I couldn't pass him up. Gronk went mid 2nd. I sacrificed a little on a WR1, but graham pretty much puts WR1 #s so no huge loss.

I'm in a 1K league on Antsports.

I think I'm ok - I actually wish I would have went WR and Gronk though as the RB's are deep to me.

I'm still drafting, but here it is so far:

Pick #11

I was going to take J. Jones and Gronk, but C. Johnson fell all the way there. Had to take him.

1.11 - C. Johnson

2.2 - Gronkowski

3rd - J. Nelson (I got lucky here, I really like Nelson and he was the last one in my tier - 13 Wides went)

4th - D. Sproles (RB's dropped like flies) - I would have taken M. Ryan. Still wondering if I should have

5th - P. Manning - (It was him or Rivers)

6th - D. Jackson (Not much left at this point, he was a leftover)

I kind of like my team! PPR league. I need Manning of old. There are still a ton of backs out there.

Wides I feel are not so much.

I "auto drafted" Graham in the second and by the time I made it to the live draft I had Matthews in the first (ouch), Graham in the 2nd, Fred Jackson in the 3rd, and Eli in the 4th. So....round 5 is where my draft started and to make a long story short...my team looks horrible. I don't mind taking Graham in the second as I think he will have a big year and I would rather have him over Gronk but you have to make sure to shore up other positions if you take a TE that early.

Did it screw up your draft? To get one of those 2, you probably used a 2nd round pick. What kind of effect did this have On the rest of your team. I drafted Gronk in the 2nd and my RBs are horrible. If I could do it over I probably would have grabbed Fred Jackson, or Jamal Charles at that point and then gone for Gates orVernon Davis a couple of rounds later.

I got Charles and Fred and Sproles and also nabbed Hernandez. So yeah.

Took Graham at 2.5. Ended up with Megatron and Marshall at WR. Murray and Sproles at RB. Ben at QB. A little worried about Sproles regressing, but other than that I am very pleased.

12 team PPR starts QB, RB, WR, TE, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR/TE

1.10- McFadden

2.03- Graham

3.10- Mathews

4.03- A.Brown

5.10- M.Ryan

6.03- De.Thomas

7.10- J.Stewart

8.03- K.Smith

9.10- Ma.Floyd

I like to draft THIS year's Gronk and Graham. There's more value. Leading candidates are Cook, Hernandez and Rudolph.

I got Gronk in round 3.

No, it did not screw up my draft because i took 2 RB in the first 2 rounds and landed Matty Ice later on.

Same here with 2 RBs in the 1 & 2 rounds, then took Graham. My first 5 rounds were:

Rice, DMC, Graham, Julio, M.Ryan - very strong start (imo).

Here's how my 12 teamer turned out from 10, in a .5 PPR 6 points passing TD league.

I was hoping for McFadden but with him gone and Brees there, I went Brees.

I'm now looking at running backs like Forte/Lynch/Murray and from all the mocks I'd done I had been landing Sjax/Martin/Sproles at the 3/4 turn so I take a risk and take Graham. At that point I was committed to going RB/RB in 3/4 and WR/WR in 5/6. If you go QB/TE I think you need to commit to this.

1. Brees

2. Graham

3. Martin

4. Sproles

5. Maclin

6. Stevie J

My week 1 lineup won't wow anyone, nor will my wr or rb 3/4s, but here's how I walked out of the draft with my first 4 draft picks, compared to where the player finished last year in the league.

10. Brees...finished #1

15. Graham...finished #18

34. Martin-------

39. Sproles...finished #26

Considering the questions on second and third round running backs I feel good about getting that production where I did.

I have graham in 4/5 leagues and could not be happier. In the fifth league i took gates in the fifth.

I have 3 of my teams posted on the thread everyone put their teams in. My worst rb situation is my 12 team dynasty. Turner, spiller, vereen, a bunch of hopefulls. Besides this team i like my rbs a lot in my other leagues. My top 4 rb in the rest of my leagues with my wrs are

Sjax, bradshaw, r bush, d brown

Percy, garcon, bowe, do jones

Sjax, d brown, hillis, spiller

Julio, percy, colston, meachem

Sproles, r bush, spiller, vereen

Julio, percy, garcon, malcom floyd

This is the league with gates

In 2 leagues i took graham in the first. One at 6 overall and the other at 8 overall. I think my teams will be the true borometer to see if you can draft stud TE, QB, WR while waiting on rb and still win.

If my teams succeed for the most part i may not even talk about it much because i wouldnt want people copying my strategy. Aww who the hell am i kidding if my teams win i will be talking about it non stop and laughing at the guys who keep saying my rb are not good enough to win with. If my teams all fail then i will take the loss and amit i was wrong.

So if you really want to know how the TE early wait on RBs theory works out you should follow my teams.

For anyone counting i only mentioned the rbs in 4 leagues. The fifth draft is tomorrow and i have graham as a keeper. We dont even need to start a te but who can pass up 12 pts per game in the 18th round?

I took Gronk in the second round in my 12 team league and after a trade ended up with:

Matt Ryan

Sam Bradford (trade)

Jamaal Charles

Steven Jackson

Stevan Ridley

Peyton Hillis (trade)

Marques Colston

Jeremy Maclin

Torrey Smith (trade)

Anquan Boldin

Kendall Wright

Randall Cobb

Rob Gronkowski

Jared Cook

Dan Bailey

Patriots D

I traded Benson, Heyward-Bey and Carson Palmer for Hillis, Smith and Bradford...who will dropped to the waiver wire for Russel Wilson. It isn't a team of superstars but it is solid enough to compete.

I took Gronk in the second round in my 12 team league and after a trade ended up with:

Matt Ryan

Sam Bradford (trade)

Jamaal Charles

Steven Jackson

Stevan Ridley

Peyton Hillis (trade)

Marques Colston

Jeremy Maclin

Torrey Smith (trade)

Anquan Boldin

Kendall Wright

Randall Cobb

Rob Gronkowski

Jared Cook

Dan Bailey

Patriots D

I traded Benson, Heyward-Bey and Carson Palmer for Hillis, Smith and Bradford...who will dropped to the waiver wire for Russel Wilson. It isn't a team of superstars but it is solid enough to compete.

You at least give the guy a reach around after you trade raped him?

You at least give the guy a reach around after you trade raped him?

Ha...I couldn't hit the accept button fast enough. I was trying to get Fitz from him and kept talking Benson up until he was in a frenzy over him. He insists that he got the better end of the deal.

Looks a lot like mine. I also took Megatron in the first and Gronk in the 2nd. The way RBs were flying off by my 3rd pick, I had to pick Richardson. I wish I had the balls to grab another WR like Nelson there. I managed to get Romo and Lloyd, who I think will be solid, but ended up with Mcgahee and Ridley as my other RBs. That's not a very exciting bunch. I don't know, my team isn't that bad if Calvin and Gronk come close to last year's #'s, and Richardson puts up decent stats. There's too many things that have to go my way. We'll see....

I'm in a 1K league on Antsports.

I think I'm ok - I actually wish I would have went WR and Gronk though as the RB's are deep to me.

I'm still drafting, but here it is so far:

Pick #11

I was going to take J. Jones and Gronk, but C. Johnson fell all the way there. Had to take him.

1.11 - C. Johnson

2.2 - Gronkowski

3rd - J. Nelson (I got lucky here, I really like Nelson and he was the last one in my tier - 13 Wides went)

4th - D. Sproles (RB's dropped like flies) - I would have taken M. Ryan. Still wondering if I should have

5th - P. Manning - (It was him or Rivers)

6th - D. Jackson (Not much left at this point, he was a leftover)

I kind of like my team! PPR league. I need Manning of old. There are still a ton of backs out there.

Wides I feel are not so much.

12 team PPR auction league. $200 budget. Got into a bidding war for Jimmy Graham and you can see how it affected the rest of my roster.

QB Aaron Rodgers $55 :shocking: (yea I overpaid)

RB1 Fred Jackson $25

RB2 Donald Brown $9

WR1 Marques Colston $25

WR2 Antonio Brown $25 (overpaid)

FLEX: Stevan Ridley $11

TE Jimmy Graham $37 (overpaid for him too)

K: Stephen Gostkoski $2

DEF: Chargers $1

BE: Jacquizz Rodgers $5

BE: Ronnie Brown $2

BE: Santonio Holmes $1

BE: Jake Locker $1

BE: Russell Wilson $1

12 team ppr, 6 pts all tds. Drafted from the 8 hole

Calvin

Graham

Cruz

Maclin

Martin

R. Bush

Hillis

Cutler

Happy with it. We'll see

Took Graham in the 2nd and it ended up costing me a stud WR but I'm ok with that as all the WR I took in the middle to later rounds are all high upside guys I believe in...

Erick Decker

Antonio Brown

Stevie J

Torrey Smith

Titus Young

Malcolm Floyd

Now don't get me wrong I'd love to have a Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, etc type but looking back I wouldn't change a thing. Also lucked out at RB getting Ryan Mathews in the 4th as my RB2.

Got laughed at but took Graham at the 7th spot. Got McFadden in the second so ended up ok. Saints go too high considering we live in Louisiana! What worked to my advantage is hatred of falcons. Ended up getting Julio and Matt Ryan, with peyton as back up. RBs ended up Martin, hillis and Benson. Colston is my WR2. Anyway feel like I took Graham way too early but ended up with a very competitive team anyway

12 team ppr league, kept Stafford and Jody Nelson for my 7th&8th. :-)

Gronk with the 11th pick

Roddy white

Percy Harvin

Doug martin

Eric decker

Ravens, redman, Sydney rice, kevin smith,ponder

Gonna start 3 wide outs and 1 running back, I feel pretty good about my team as long as martin works out.

10 man ppr ppicked9th

D.Murray

J. Graham

M.Lynch

F. Jackson

E.Decker

M.Ryan

R.Wayne

M.Austin

Pretty happy

Being in the back end/turn I was planning QB/TE in any order, so I knew RB will be 3rd round on for me . I got Graham and Stafford with my first two picks and still ended up with Steven Jackson in the 3rd round . Victor Cruz as my WR1 a round later .

drafting from the 10 spot, i am aware that the odds are stacked against me. most go rb, rb in 1 and 2 and i wanted to buck the system.

Drafted

stafford

graham

made a minor move to get higher in the 3rd to take Matthews (so not totally screwed at rb)

made another minor move to get higher in the 4th to get jordy nelson

graham and gronk scored more than 150 points higher than the next batch of tight ends in my league last year. I love the advantage.

Looks a lot like mine. I also took Megatron in the first and Gronk in the 2nd. The way RBs were flying off by my 3rd pick, I had to pick Richardson. I wish I had the balls to grab another WR like Nelson there. I managed to get Romo and Lloyd, who I think will be solid, but ended up with Mcgahee and Ridley as my other RBs. That's not a very exciting bunch. I don't know, my team isn't that bad if Calvin and Gronk come close to last year's #'s, and Richardson puts up decent stats. There's too many things that have to go my way. We'll see....

Sorry, that was misleading... 4.24 - Chris Johnson is who I got at 11. Not Calvin.

I think you got a good squad. I like Willis a lot. I think you will be fine at RB. It will come down to Richardson for you though. Calvin and Gronk will be big time. I would not say you need a lot of things to go you're way. Just need Richardson.

Picked out of the 8th spot in a 12 team, standard scoring, ppr league. This is the order that I drafted them. I took Graham in the second. My team isn't terrible but it doesn't excite me either. Perhaps it's having Shonn Green as my RB2 that makes me not get terribly excited about this team (although I will use Jennings in week 1 so I hope MJD continues to hold out).

Darren McFadden

Jimmy Graham

Victor Cruz

Matt Ryan

Antonio Brown

Shonn Greene

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Rashad Jennings

Titus Young

Kenny Britt

Baltimore Ravens

Jacquizz Rodgers

Dan Bailey

Greg Olsen

David Wilson ®

Russell Wilson ®

I drafted from the 9 slot in a 12-team league.

Non-ppr, 6 pts all TDs, 1 pt/25 PaYds, 1 pt/10 RuYds and ReYds.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR

01.09 - T. Brady

02.04 - J. Graham

03.09 - F. Jackson

04.04 - A. Bradshaw

05.09 - P. Harvin

06.04 - S. Ridley

07.09 - A. Brown (PIT)

If you are picking at the end of the first round, this strategy deserves a hard look, as many others have stated. The (projected) points balance out nicely between your team and the team that picked the stud RB early because Graham/Gronk are in a tier of their own.

So to answer the original question, no, I don't think it messed up my draft, but you have to be willing to live with some questions at RB and WR. Fill up your bench with a bunch of RBs and WRs and pray that one of them becomes an RB2 or WR2.

lets face it, if you took the plunge on a 2nd Rd TE, you are going to have a big hole somewhere. Mine was at RB2 but since I have Mccoy i'm hoping he plays more like a runningback and a half and whoever i plug in at RB2 can put up a serviceable 7-10 pts a week.

I drafted Graham in the second round, tenth slot (had third overall pick) in our 12-team, PPR league. We start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and a RB/WR flex. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out (round in parenthesis).

QB: Rivers (6), Palmer (12)

RB: Foster (1), Martin (7), Spiller (8), Tate (9), D. Brown (11),

WR: Jennings (3), Nelson (4), Harvin (5), Wayne (10), LaFell (13), Wright (14)

TE: Graham (2), Bennett (15)

D/ST: Bills (15)

K: Graham (16)

I know I don't have much depth at RB, but each RB is decent-to-pretty good in PPR (or hopefully will be in case of Martin), and I was happy to get some insurance for Foster with Tate in the 9th. I still managed to get reasonable depth at WR -- got some proven high-powered vets in the early rounds, a bounce-back candidate in Wayne, plus two low-risk high-reward sleepers in the end. Big question mark obviously is Rivers -- but by the time my second pick came around, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton and Stafford were off the board, so I figured why not pick the PPR stud at TE and wait until later for a high-yardage guy who is a perennial top-10 QB candidate?

Picked out of the 8th spot in a 12 team, standard scoring, ppr league. This is the order that I drafted them. I took Graham in the second. My team isn't terrible but it doesn't excite me either. Perhaps it's having Shonn Green as my RB2 that makes me not get terribly excited about this team (although I will use Jennings in week 1 so I hope MJD continues to hold out).

Darren McFadden

Jimmy Graham

Victor Cruz

Matt Ryan

Antonio Brown

Shonn Greene

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Rashad Jennings

Titus Young

Kenny Britt

Baltimore Ravens

Jacquizz Rodgers

Dan Bailey

Greg Olsen

David Wilson ®

Russell Wilson ®

You're team is a lot like mine - or what I wish it coulda been.

I picked 8th out of 12 in a PPR where we start QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 flex (WR/TE/RB).

I went DMcFadden, Gronk, Vick, RBush, A. Brown, Maclin, Spiller/F. Jones/Torrey Smith/TB Mike Will (in some order), CPalmer, etc.

I whiffed on D. Wilson and J. Rodgers, whom I would feel better about than my sorry crop of RBs.

I do like having a consistent TE in the flex spot in this league (a solid 12-15 points is better than a plodding RB like S. Greene who might get you 10 pts if you're lucky) but not sure I would do this again. Granted, it was my first draft and I did about 20 mins of research. And it shows.

Who's happy with Gronk?

:banana:

Been an absolute BEAST the past 2 weeks.

On pace for 14 TD.

estatic with gronk in mid 2nd of a 12 teamer, for 2 reasons...

VBD will tell you gronk is a 1st round talent, if his production at his position blows away the competition at TE, which it most likely will...

2nd reason, all the dunces that went around that stage in the 2nd round. From the vjax to the Larry Fitz to the etcetcetc. 1st and 2nd rounds are consistently filled with 50% busts, and to be able to lock in a player that is above and beyond his competition at his position while also avoiding that mine field is really a huge boost to your team and draft...

I went Brees/Graham. Currently going to be either 5-3 or 6-2.

Brees being unreal weekly and Alf Morris stepping up was a huge part of my success. My wrs and rbs are average.

So far not what I was expecting but not overly disappointed.... I'm 4-4 (started 3-0), but Graham only truly hurt me the week he went out early.

As a side not there's seem to be a general consensus that Graham is under performing but I don't really see it. I know he has yet to hit a 100 yard or multiple td game but if you combine the #s of all his games except the ankle injury he is scoring 11 points per game in standard leagues.

That puts him on a pace for 176.

He scored 197 last year so he's really not that far off that pace.