Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Anything worthwhile in the Lions backfield this year?

Seems like the kind of O that should produce a quality back but they're all injured or suspended. Will anyone there emerge as a Top 20-25 option at the position or are we looking at a fantasy wasteland again? I have Kevin Smith and Leshoure fwiw.

I'd like Leshoure after his suspension if he wasn't coming off an achilles injury. Until they add somebody else I wouldn't want anything to do with anybody other then Kevin Smith.

smith for as long as he stays on the field

Matthew Stafford when he drops back.... Other than that, I'd pass. Just kidding, I've taken Leshoure in a few drafts & he can be had late. Smith will cost you a higher pick & will be lucky if he lasts till Leshoure's suspension is up.

Seems like the kind of O that should produce a quality back but they're all injured or suspended. Will anyone there emerge as a Top 20-25 option at the position or are we looking at a fantasy wasteland again? I have Kevin Smith and Leshoure fwiw.

No. Leshore has a shot but he's a two down guy on a pass first team. Kevin Smith looked great at times but can't stay healthy. Smith will also lose carries to Leshore even if he stays healthy. Goal line carries first and foremost. Jahvid should retire. Period. This from a lifelong Lions fan.

There will be enticing weeks but the RB position is a total mess. The Lions are also actively looking so an addition at some point appears likely.

As a Lions homer I am drafting Leshoure in every league I can. His ADP around 10 is bascially no risk. Before he got hurt last year him and Best were being touted as a fantastic 1-2 punch, and he was having a great camp. He's been hurt obviously most of this pre-season, but I really think he will be the guy when week 5-6 role around and he has a few weeks under his belt after the suspension. Kevin Smith is not the answer

As a Lions homer I am drafting Leshoure in every league I can. His ADP around 10 is bascially no risk. Before he got hurt last year him and Best were being touted as a fantastic 1-2 punch, and he was having a great camp. He's been hurt obviously most of this pre-season, but I really think he will be the guy when week 5-6 role around and he has a few weeks under his belt after the suspension. Kevin Smith is not the answer

I would vote for a mess with nobody worth owning. Leshore is not the answer either.

Gotta agree! Smith is already hurting, intriguing guy is Bell who has had 2 good preseasons but can't stick with a team, hoping Lions keep him on roster

As long as Kevin Smith can stay on the field, I like him a lot, especially in PPR leagues. In the last 6 games of the regular season he played last year, he put up these numbers: 335 rush yards, 4 TD's, 19 receptions, 169 rec yards, 3 TD's. The TD's are a little fluky, but 84 total yards, 3+ receptions, and a chance at a TD (or multiple TD's) every game is pretty productive from a fantasy standpoint. The key with Smith is obviously his health though.

I took Smith kinda late as my RB4. At that point I was just looking for a starter. I have him, Williams, & R.Jennings as my #4-6 RBs - I gotta figure one of those guys can help me thru a bye or 2.

Forgive me if I don't sound too excited.

:dunno:

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they picked up Hightower.

In my league Kevin Smith and Leshoure both got drafted but both went really late. Honestly Best is the best fit for this team to bad his career may be over.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they picked up Hightower.

I would. Doubt they'd go after another back with injury problems.