Sign in to follow this  
Little Rusty

Are You Ready for some Football?

:headbanger:

I'm getting in early here hopefully to build some excitement for tomorrow night's game.

Hard to believe the Season is about to start.

GO COWBOYS !!!

Dallas 30

NY 23

:pointstosky:

I'm pumped. Go Dez!

:thumbsup:

The Cowboys gave NY those games last year :wall:

I know the Cowboys have improved, i don't know about the Giants though.

I'm getting in early here hopefully to build some excitement for tomorrow night's game.

GO COWBOYS !!!

Dallas 30

NY 23

I hope you are right but I think Romo gets sacked 5+ times and has little time to throw all night.

Jerry is a genius business man but until he backs off and the cowboys get a real team leader they will always be average.

The Cowboys would have a great night against that thinned-out secondary--no Thomas, no Amukamura--if they still had a good slot receiver or if Witten were active. I think Dez and Austin can do some damage, but not enough to win.

True Witten doesn't look like a go, but Phillips & Hannah are decent and i'm pumped about the Cowboys WR depth, Ogletree, Coles, Harris, Holmes :thumbsup:

If the Dallas D puts Eli on his butt a few times we win this.

IFthe Dallas D puts Eli on his butt a few times we win this.

That's a big IF (seriously, look at it) and even IF its true Eli has proven he does not get rattled. Romo on the other hand WILL be on his butt more than a few times and it will rattle him into a couple of costly mistakes...as usual.

WORLD CHAMPION NY GIANTS - 27

Cowboys - 17 with a late score making it look closet than it was

WITTEN is Bad A$$! :headbanger:

Posted: Today 10:06 AM

Witten willing to sign a waiver to play tonight.

Per ESPN:

How badly does Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten want to play against the New York Giants in the NFL season opener on Wednesday night?

Witten has informed the team he is willing to sign a medical waiver that would not hold the Cowboys or team doctors liable in case he re-injured his lacerated spleen during the NFC East matchup, according to team sources.

Signing a waiver is something he has persistently proposed since he suffered the injury, however, the team will not accept any waiver as a path to Witten playing in the game, the sources said.

The Pro Bowl tight end did make the trip to New York and despite being officially listed as doubtful, team officials say he is a game-time decision in case a doctor provides medical clearance Wednesday.

Even though CT scans have shown that the lacerated spleen has healed, doctors have recommended caution and have yet to clear him for the game despite his protestations.

The Cowboys offered no public comment.

:bench:

Yup, there's Witten sittin' on the bench.

LOL, seriously though, that dude is one tough bastard. Sign a waiver to play? That's freaking nuts when the docs are telling you not to. Former Cowboy turned Giant TE Martellus Bennett told a reporter that he wouldn't be surprised to see Witten playing. His quote was something like "That guy would pick his spleen up off the ground, hold it in his hand and try to run routes."

Should be a good game Lil' Rusty...but more for me than for you. :P

Big Blue's pass rush will have Romo leaving on a cart before the end of the 3rd quarter.

NYG 31

DAL 20

Is there any news on the weather. I heard it is supposed to rain. Yesterday, they were predicting heavy rain. I am trying to decide between Dez and Bowe. What are your guys thoughts on rain and the passing game?

Thoughts on Romo?

A lot of the fantasy "experts" are saying that he will not have a great game.

With o line issues, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going 200yds 1/2

Dallas has greatly improved their talent on the defensive side of the ball. And D. Murray is finally healthy - but all that being said I we still have major concerns. The interior offensive line is unproven, and Fred Costa is the absolute worst center in the league. I'm not sure this team has the mental toughness to not give away games like they did last year, and I'm still not sold on Red calling the shots. If history holds true - my Cowboys will find a way to lose.

NYG 24 - DAL 20

Thoughts on Romo?

A lot of the fantasy "experts" are saying that he will not have a great game.

With o line issues, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going 200yds 1/2

The rain will prolly have the biggest impact on what he does 2nite....... Over the past 2 years Romo has eaten the Giants up, least from a stats point of view. In both 2010 and 2011 his qb rating against them was 124.0 or over.

I figure a close competitive game, even with glaring injury issues. Its a big division game and the first game of the season. Both teams should be fired up and ready.

FF Star of the game: Dez Bryant

Anyone starting Nicks tonight? I have him penciled in right now but something in my gut says he is limited.

Your screen name had me thinking I could turn to you for these answers.

Your screen name had me thinking I could turn to you for these answers.

Normally you could but clouded the future is...the dark side of both the Giants and Cowboys can do that.

NYG 35 - DAL 17 and I dont think it's close... 24-7 at half!

I hope your right!

Can anyone give some input on the weather? I am slotted to start DAL kicker Dan Bailey, but i wanted to make sure the weather will not be a factor.

Can anyone give some input on the weather? I am slotted to start DAL kicker Dan Bailey, but i wanted to make sure the weather will not be a factor.

Actually I'd think poor weather would favor the kickers? :dunno:

Actually I'd think poor weather would favor the kickers? :dunno:

i don't think strong winds and/or hard rain would help field goal kickers...

my heart wants to say 31-24 DAL, but my head is telling me 20-17 NYG. with the hoisting of the SB banner, the home field advantage is going to be enormous, and the team weaknesses look considerably different. NY's weakness in the secondary is going to be partly masked by their incredible pass rush. dallas' weakness is going to be dealing with that pass rush with a completely re-tooled offensive line. so this cuts into DAL's scoring potential.

on the flip side, the cowboys defensive talent is night and day better than last season, with upgrades at ILB, FS, and strongside corner. in addition, they have had a complete season and offseason to learn ryan's system--something they didn't have last year.

so look for a defensive struggle, with a lot of sacks and INTs of both QBs.

dallas has a lot to prove--should be fun to watch them get after each other.

GO COWBOYS !!!

Dallas 30

NY 23

WOOT ! WOOT ! :headbanger:

Sloppy Game, but for the most part the Cowboys rocked!!! :thumbsup:

WORLD CHAMPION NY GIANTS - 27

Cowboys - 17 with a late score making it look closet than it was

I'll take my medicine now.

Oglebush, Murray and yes, even Romo proved to be too much for the Gmen tonight. Good game. Fockers.

Yup.

Giants are tough and as solid of a team there is out there, hats off to a sloppy Dallas team and a scrappy QB.

Seriously, if ROMO wasn't so awesome, they would have killed him.

ROMO 1

ELI 0

I'll take my medicine now.

Oglebush, Murray and yes, even Romo proved to be too much for the Gmen tonight. Good game. Fockers.

stand-up post.

:cheers: