Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

David Wilson... crying

Coughlin made a mistake by not given Wilson a second chance. Now, Wilson will be constantly thinking of the fumble instead of concentrating on other things like game planning for his next opponent. I would've thrown him back in the game and handed him the rock so he can get his confidence back. The kid is young and talented. Coughlin should've handled it differently. I think he just stunted Wilson's growth somewhat.

This isn't a pee wee league. These are grown men. You screw up - especially as a rookie - you pay the consequences. A rushing turn over is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. At least with an INT, you don't automatically lose all the yards to the line of scrimmage. If Wilson's confidence is that fragile, it is better to know now vs later.

My concern was the way he fumbled -- it's not like he was in mid juke and got blindsided... Lee came right up in his face and did a textbook tackle, and the ball wasn't close to secure. Every defender he faces from here on out will go after the ball with him.

My concern was the way he fumbled -- it's not like he was in mid juke and got blindsided... Lee came right up in his face and did a textbook tackle, and the ball wasn't close to secure. Every defender he faces from here on out will go after the ball with him.

:pointstosky:

I know two carries is a small sample but I'm through with him. I need to see results right away and I didn't see them so he's gone. I'm also going to drop Hakeem Nicks. The dude is on pace for 600 receiving yards and 0 TDs for the entire season. See ya.

I already dropped Cruz like the passes he didn't catch last night. Picked up Randy Moss instead, someone I can TRUST!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

This is possibly the best post I have ever seen on these boreds and that is saying something.

Do you have a video that shows him "crying" cause I haven't seen one yet. And don't post the vid from NFL.com cause I didn't see a single tear in that one either. It's hilariously sad how people can rag on a rookie in his 1st game when he makes a mistake and doesn't hide his emotion. I saw a guy that was disappointed & unhappy, but I didn't see anyone shedding tears.

Do you have a video that shows him "crying" cause I haven't seen one yet. And don't post the vid from NFL.com cause I didn't see a single tear in that one either. It's hilariously sad how people can rag on a rookie in his 1st game when he makes a mistake and doesn't hide his emotion. I saw a guy that was disappointed & unhappy, but I didn't see anyone shedding tears.

David Wilson crying

ok that's better video, assuming it's unedited I'd say it's more likely than not that's a tear, but it is possible it could be sweat as I do see some on his forehead. It is unfortunate if he really was crying, but who are we to sit here and make fun of him for it? How about waiting a season or 2 and see if this becomes a regular or 1 time thing? Kid's got heart that's for sure.

Coughlin has been the head coach on 2 super bowl winning teams, so im just going to defer to him on a situation like this. If coughlin would have put him back in and he fumbled again people would be wondering why the hell he would risk a divisional game by giving the fumbler more carries.

So basically they wasted a first round pick on the kid and since he fumbled, he shouldn't play anymore? I don't agree, especially with Bradshaw a injury away from the kid starting. I just don't agree let this kid sit 10 days until his next game with the fumble on his mind.

This isn't a pee wee league. These are grown men. You screw up - especially as a rookie - you pay the consequences. A rushing turn over is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. At least with an INT, you don't automatically lose all the yards to the line of scrimmage. If Wilson's confidence is that fragile, it is better to know now vs later.

I agree a turnover is horrible in football but it's the damn first game of the season. If the Giants are going to the playoffs, they're going to need both Bradshaw and Wilson on the field. I just did not like the move.

Gotta go play action on 1st or 2nd down. Jumbo package on both plays? GMen aren't built for the power run game. Barely could do it with Jacobs. Killdrive has to spread out the def there.

Agreed. That team isn't built to power run. Was very surprised by the play calls. Isn't that why you add a guy like Bennett?

Agreed. That team isn't built to power run. Was very surprised by the play calls. Isn't that why you add a guy like Bennett?

And why they've kept Barden on the roster all these years.

So basically they wasted a first round pick on the kid and since he fumbled, he shouldn't play anymore? I don't agree, especially with Bradshaw a injury away from the kid starting. I just don't agree let this kid sit 10 days until his next game with the fumble on his mind.

Wow i dont remember saying that. Probably because i didnt. I am not an nfl head coach so if he believed that was the best option for the team then i will trust his judgement. Are you david wilsons agent or something? Kinda sensitive subject huh?

Wow i dont remember saying that. Probably because i didnt. I am not an nfl head coach so if he believed that was the best option for the team then i will trust his judgement. Are you david wilsons agent or something? Kinda sensitive subject huh?

You said "If coughlin would have put him back in and he fumbled again" .....that's basically telling me, you agreed with Coughlin for not putting him back in the game!

And no, I;m actually a Jets fan, but I like Wilson, and I didn't agree with the move, And if I was his agent, I wouldn't be talking to you about it.

You said "If coughlin would have put him back in and he fumbled again" .....that's basically telling me, you agreed with Coughlin for not putting him back in the game!

And no, I;m actually a Jets fan, but I like Wilson, and I didn't agree with the move, And if I was his agent, I wouldn't be talking to you about it.

I was pointing out that everyone would be all over coughlins asss either way. Some say he should have came right back to him and others say it was the right move. Either way people are going to criticize it. I dont know if they should have went back to him or not. I havent done a case study on rookies that fumble, their confidence, and the likelihood of them fumbling again. I am convinced now that you are david wilsons agent. Its cool dude. Agents gotta stick up for their guys.

That's it? Maybe he was benched because he is a rookie who fumbled on his second carry on a textbook tackle, has had ball security issues his whole career, and was in a pivotal division game vs the Cowboys? I don't think the crying had anything to do with his benching, just a bunch of insecure dudes kicking someone while he's down.

"On the sidelines he was very upset about what happened," Coughlin said via the New York Daily News. "I did give him credit for that. He was deeply, deeply sorry about what happened. Unfortunately it happened."

"Everybody says 'Well, you didn't play him after that.' Well, we're playing the opening game of the year. It's a divisional game. We had just driven the ball. We're going to be a bit reluctant. This is not preseason. Let's go for Stage 2 here. This is serious business, now."

-Tom Coughlin

I was pointing out that everyone would be all over coughlins asss either way. Some say he should have came right back to him and others say it was the right move. Either way people are going to criticize it. I dont know if they should have went back to him or not. I havent done a case study on rookies that fumble, their confidence, and the likelihood of them fumbling again. I am convinced now that you are david wilsons agent. Its cool dude. Agents gotta stick up for their guys.

LOL- you're right, i am his agent. Trying to practice on you guys before I speak to Coughlin. BTW, I still say he should've went back in but I'll speak to Coughlin about it. I'll let you guys know how it went.

LOL- you're right, i am his agent. Trying to practice on you guys before I speak to Coughlin. BTW, I still say he should've went back in but I'll speak to Coughlin about it. I'll let you guys know how it went.

:doublethumbsup:

Coughlin made a mistake by not given Wilson a second chance. Now, Wilson will be constantly thinking of the fumble instead of concentrating on other things like game planning for his next opponent. I would've thrown him back in the game and handed him the rock so he can get his confidence back. The kid is young and talented. Coughlin should've handled it differently. I think he just stunted Wilson's growth somewhat.

It is not atypical of a coach to assess the players reaction to the mistake and then decide whether or not to put that player back out there. As a coach, if I se the kid crying no way am I throwing him back out there right away. If however he comes off and manages himself well, retains his composure then I put him back out there in the next series.

In this instance the coach was dead on with the decision to let him sit it out, then you work with him the next week on his technique for sure, but also on his mental issues.

Sheesh, Internet tough guys everywhere.

The kid just knew he screwed up in his first NFL game. I'm sure he beat himself up over it. It's an emotional thing, and adrenaline was still running I'm sure.

He'll be fine.

Exactly. I'm just glad to see an NFL player actually give a sh!t when they screw up.

Wilson will get his act together, but for the week that we are ragging on him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVzLOkqKDj0

Wow that was horrible! LOL

LOL. Wilson is just like any other VaTech RB, barely passable in the NFL; VaTech and West Va both emphasize the running QB position, they are less interested with fielding a good team as they are in finding that one WR who can throw just a bit so they can run their offense. Will Wilson ever amount to much in the NFL? Not likely, but it sure will be fun to watch while it lasts.

:doublethumbsup:

The Dallas D has been really stout in pre-season and again in the first game.

When the Giants play a mediocre run D, and Ahmad breaks his foot again, the stories will change.

As of now I'm content with Wilson as my 5th RB.

This is possibly the best post I have ever seen on these boreds and that is saying something.

You're welcome.

Sigh.

I told you guys this was going to happen.

Could have been the deciding factor in the game, and the COACH decided to put in the ROOKIE .... in the end Coughlin hasta take the blame.

Look no farther than last year, Da Rel Scott (rookie) was a stud in preseason. Kid showed some sick speed. Got some work in a game, fumbled. Didn't carry the ball for the rest of the year. They used DJ Ware when Bradshaw and/or Jacobs was hurt.

You wanna know who's next in line? Andre Brown. If you wanna handcuff Bradshaw.

Wilson, being a first round pick, will likely get some more carries. But if he fumbles again ... consider that like a season ending injury. Wont play until next year.

Maybe I got too excited. A Terp to the Giants. My great grandfather was President of Maryland. I was named after him. Never seem to see any great athletes from that school. And here comes Da Rel Scott.

He just made it look easy:

I was sooo happy to see the Giants draft him. Fumbled one time in a "REAL" game that counted, last year.

Now nobody knows who he is.

Welcome to the New York Giants. We don't f*** around.

ETA: DJ Ware, who got a lot of work in preseason was traded so ... Scott is still on the team. Hasn't fumbled since last year but ... he did do this:

(Note: Preaseason game, didn't "count" but I love the way he hits the seam here.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJG5q0yBpg

Kid made the squad, prolly on that 1 play. He went to Maryland. He's smart.

Oh yeah ... Wilson ... we were talking about Wilson.

I feel bad for the kid. But ... why don't you look at Ahmad Bradshaw's rookie numbers. Or Tiki Barber's. Even Ron Dayne, who a lot of people argue didn't get enough opportunity. And then you prance right out there and fumble? Hell, I might cry too. Not good. They shoulda traded up for Martin.

And if I was concerned with handcuffing Bradshaw, I'd go with Brown. Even though I still have a mancrush on Scott. Brown is prolly the guy you want. This year. He's solid. Not a monster sized dude, but plays big ... if you know what I mean. Looks better than Bradshaw between the tackles. Hits the hole harder and faster.

But why the #2 RB situation in New York, who had the worst rushing game in the NFL last year is such a big deal on FF sites ... I'll never understand. If your league is that deep ... yeah, Andre Brown is the guy you want. Maybe Scott. I hope Scott.

Wilson .... better luck next year. Seriously. Waiveable in redrafts. His season is over.

You should have listened to me earlier when I suggested DJ Ware. At least then he'd be easy to waive without looking stupid.

Rodney Hampton ... had a pretty good rookie year. I think ... to this day, most rushing yards in a season for the New York Giants.

Rodney Hampton.

Actually, Tiki might have broken that record, I could be wrong ... but ... Giants aint ever had no Barry Sanders. Long as I've been a fan. Tiki Barber and Rodney Hampton ... those are the best running backs I have seen as a Giants fan, in almost 30 years. Ottis Anderson. Dave Megget.

We never had a stud RB. We won 4 Super Bowls ... no stud RB. "PTTHHTTTHHH" (raspberry)

But there's one REALLY important thing that the Giants ask of their running backs. Don't give the ball to the other team.

If you run backwards and lose 25 yards, we have a plan for that. Just, don't fumble.

Rookies make mistakes ... but it's about as bad of a start as you could want. The kid needs work. He doesn't look ready to me.

If I ran the team, I would have moved up to get Doug Martin or at least picked up Chris Polk. But WTF do I know?

Rodney Hampton ... had a pretty good rookie year. I think ... to this day, most rushing yards in a season for the New York Giants.

Rodney Hampton.

Actually, Tiki might have broken that record, I could be wrong ... but ... Giants aint ever had no Barry Sanders. Long as I've been a fan. Tiki Barber and Rodney Hampton ... those are the best running backs I have seen as a Giants fan, in almost 30 years. Ottis Anderson. Dave Megget.

We never had a stud RB. We won 4 Super Bowls ... no stud RB. "PTTHHTTTHHH" (raspberry)

You forgot lil' Joe!

Joe Morris