Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

TE Carousel Week 2

A weekly thread for those of us that are streaming TE plays.

I'm holding Rudolph but am considering moving over to Olsen.

Cook is a possible play too.

Who do you guys like this week from the low end starters/waiver wire guys?

Who are ya rolling with?

Rudolph. I'm feeling pretty good about him at Indy, or at least better than I am about Celek, who is my other option.

I'm rolling with Olsen against NO instead of Gonzo against DEN. If Olsen doesn't produce this week he's getting cut for Cook or someone else on my wire.

In all 5 of my leagues in order from awesome to slightly less awesome, I am rolling with these TE

Graham and Gates, Graham, Graham, Graham, Gronk.

Hope this helps.

Can't believe there are leagues where Cook and Olsen aren't rostered! I guess maybe there wouldn't be a place for them in 10-teamers.

Really like Cook this week. Norv's SD teams have been soft against TEs forever. He led the team in receiving last week, too.

In all 5 of my leagues in order from awesome to slightly less awesome, I am rolling with these TE

Graham and Gates, Graham, Graham, Graham, Gronk.

Hope this helps.

Wow. I wouldn't expect anything less. :cheers:

That's like my QB situation. Ryan x2, Rodgers, Brees.

Easy decesions all year.

Wow. I wouldn't expect anything less. :cheers:

That's like my QB situation. Ryan x2, Rodgers, Brees.

Easy decesions all year.

Yeah my QB situation is similar, Brees, Rodgers, Stafford x2, and then the retarded step child Eli.

Can't believe there are leagues where Cook and Olsen aren't rostered! I guess maybe there wouldn't be a place for them in 10-teamers.

Really like Cook this week. Norv's SD teams have been soft against TEs forever. He led the team in receiving last week, too.

I'm kind of surprised too. It's a 12 team league, with a flex, and a 6 person bench so people are rostering RB/WRS.

There are so many borderline TE's that it seems like someone at least startable is always available.

Regarding Cook, I like him too...only thing concerning me a bit is the health of Locker. Britt might get some snaps too but that'll likely be at the detriment of the wrs.

P.S. I drafted Cook/Olsen but have since dropped them for A. Morris and this week for Rudolph but I'm obviously debating grabbing one back. Who? Don't know...

The TE pool is growing.

Fleener

Rudolph

Bennett

Lewis

Olsen

Cook

There are a lot of possibilities out there.

I have Fleener but of course Rudolph looks like a possibility; I passed on him though because Simpson will be returning.

The TE pool is growing.

Fleener

Rudolph

Bennett

Lewis

Olsen

Cook

There are a lot of possibilities out there.

I have Fleener but of course Rudolph looks like a possibility; I passed on him though because Simpson will be returning.

That's good info! Might have me considering grabbing Olsen back. The CBS guys seem high on Rudolph this week. I'm not sure...

Ah I thought Simpson was returning this week. It's week 4.

Jerome Simpson has been practicing extensively with the starters even though he's suspended for the first three games of the season.

Simpson has followed up his impressive offseason by standing out during training camp. The vertical threat figures to hit the ground running in Week 4 as the every-down "X" wideout, complementing Percy Harvin and Kyle Rudolph. Simpson has some flier appeal.

P.S. I drafted Cook/Olsen but have since dropped them for A. Morris and this week for Rudolph but I'm obviously debating grabbing one back. Who? Don't know...

If I can tell you anything, it's that my Saints's's's's pass defense is downright atrocious. Now yes that may speak more to Steve Smith's opportunities on Sunday, but I'm starting Olsen with confidence as he should have a big game as well. Like I said, if he doesn't score against the Saints then I'm dropping him for a Pitta or Cook.

An excerpt from Silva's Matchups article on Roto re: Olsen this week

While the game eventually got away from the Panthers because they so rarely had the ball, it was evident that OC Rob Chudzinski has big plans for Greg Olsen, possibly to be Carolina's No. 2 receiver. Olsen lined up in the slot with regularity and also ran pass routes from his in-line tight end position. He played 96 percent of the snaps. Had the Panthers held the ball for longer than 22 minutes -- and Olsen not dropped an early catchable pass -- I think we'd be talking about him a lot more coming off a 90- or 100-yard game. Because of where he plays, Olsen will square off Sunday with coverage-liability linebackers Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne. Olsen can have a big day against this defense. ...

An excerpt from Silva's Matchups article on Roto re: Olsen this week

Yeah. I dropped Moreno for him. I'm holding Rudolph and Olsen and will start one.

Probably Olsen. NO-Carolina could be a shoot out.

Graham duh...

Sticking with Fred Davis for another week; if he shiots the bed I'm in the market.

Cook and Celek -- currently have Cook in, but I think Celek might be the play with Maclin and DJax hurting.

Gresham i guess.....but i picked up Bennett. I hate both. I may just kill myself and save myself he trouble of watching those two sofas lumber up and down the field. FML

I have Rudolph, Cook and Pitta and I like Rudolph the most, followed by Cook. Though, if Washington doesn't play, with Britt on a snap count I may have to try Cook. Pitta's on wait and see. Took a flyer on him given how goof Baltimore's offense looks.

Got stuck with fleener 2nd no one else in an auction and was pleasantly surprised. Picked up Pitta this week...thought he looked a little like A.H.

Got stuck with fleener 2nd no one else in an auction and was pleasantly surprised. Picked up Pitta this week...thought he looked a little like A.H.

He's not an after the catch threat like Hernandez but that's the role they want him to have. He's a good hold/wait and see IMO. I decided on Rudolph and Olsen over him for this week and probably long term as he's been rostered since...

I'm going Olsen over Cook in one league. I just see a shootout in NO and think Olsen could have a big game.

Fred Davis over Fleener in another.

Rolling with Rudolph. I have Witten and Rudolph but I dropped Cook for Rudolph this week for the matchup vs. Indy and because of Locker's Health. I'm worried about Locker's health and even if Nate Wahington doesn't play, Britt is listed as good to go, so I don't think he'll be on much of a snap count. I think Rudolph looks really good this week as Ponder's #2 target in a game that will open up the pass because AP is going to ram it down Indy's throat.

I'm going Olsen over Cook in one league. I just see a shootout in NO and think Olsen could have a big game.

Fred Davis over Fleener in another.

Damn all of my TE's suck.

I know it's still early, but I thought this was a good year to wait on TE's if you didn't land Graham or Gronk. I really liked the chances of Olsen, Davis, or Fleener to breakout and be great late round steals. Like I said it's still early and im hoping they can turn it around.