Sign in to follow this  
jkil22

Forte likely out for several weeks

The Bears are going to need to pull an RB from the free agent pool or their practice squad. They are super thin at RB.

Is Stephen Davis still out there?

Check this out. I had some serious jinx power yesterday

Yesterday i offered Jamal Charles and Demaryious Thomas for Forte and Welker. Of course he called me idiot.

Forte = high ankle sprain and could be out several weeks

Offered backup QB for backup QB. Carson Palmer for Jay Cutler. Yes this owner laughed

Cutler = 11 for 27, 126 yards, 1 TD and 4 INTs for total of 4.24 PTS

Offered Charles and Thomas for Chris Johnson and Marshall. Owner said no way

Marshall = 2 catches for 24 yards total of 2.4 pts

:ninja:

Check this out. I had some serious jinx power yesterday

Yesterday i offered Jamal Charles and Demaryious Thomas for Forte and Welker. Of course he called me idiot.

Forte = high ankle sprain and could be out several weeks

Offered backup QB for backup QB. Carson Palmer for Jay Cutler. Yes this owner laughed

Cutler = 11 for 27, 126 yards, 1 TD and 4 INTs for total of 4.24 PTS

Any chance I could get you to make an offer to someone for the Jets DST ?

Any chance I could get you to make an offer to someone for the Jets DST ?

Not till the week the Pats play them :wave:

You bastard!

Oh well, that's why I drafted Bush. I'll be riding Bush like a 70's pron star baby! :headbanger:

So so far, a week and one game into the season, I have injuries to my #1 RB (Forte) my #1 WR (Jennings). Great. :wall: Of course, Britt (my #3) is still questionable too.

This is exactly why I stay away from Forte. He misses games often and plays in many where he clearly isn'100%. It is clear too when he isn't up to par. Don't get me wrong Forte can play. He is one of the best run and catch RBs in the NFl. If he is healthy enough he can a top 5 RB. That's just a big IF.

I never truly bought into the aspect that Forte was injury prone until this though. That play last night would've injured most people to be perfectly honest...but it is getting difficult to EXPECT Forte to produce a full fantasy season.

With regards to this particular injury...its going to be tough for fantasy owners to anticipate Forte being a solid start for the rest of the year ...even when he does come back.

My question is...is Bush the best back for the passing game of Chicago? Cutler was getting no help from Bush on pass rushes and they need all the help they can to keep that guy upright. Who's the third down back now or is it just going to be Bush, Bush, and more Bush?

Ah crap. Forte's been my keeper since '08 rookie year. He played and produced every stinking game until late last year. And now he's hurt in week 2 this year with a "high ankle sprain" - the lingering injury. Well, I guess 3.5 years of solid stats is the best I could have hoped with my 1st round draft pick back then.

Matthew Garrett Forté

2008-2011

RIP

:cry:

This is exactly why I stay away from Forte. He misses games often and plays in many where he clearly isn'100%. It is clear too when he isn't up to par. Don't get me wrong Forte can play. He is one of the best run and catch RBs in the NFl. If he is healthy enough he can a top 5 RB. That's just a big IF.

Misses games often? He played in all 16 games his first 3 seasons. :dunno:

Misses games often?

He didn't miss a game in his career until the ending of last year. As far as RBs are concerned, he is far from a injury prone RB. But great call not drafting him because you "thought" he was missing games "often". This time your made up stats worked in your favor.

Everything was great "until" . Forte just fell into that, previous seasons mean nothing when you blow your knee out as an RB

Misses games often?

He didn't miss a game in his career until the ending of last year. As far as RBs are concerned, he is far from a injury prone RB. But great call not drafting him because you "thought" he was missing games "often". This time your made up stats worked in your favor.

You must have forgotten the games he missed last year too. RBs thatkeep getting nagging injuries like this aren't very reliable.

'He didn't miss a game in his career until the ending of last year.'

'You must have forgotten the games he missed last year too.'

:doh:

P.S. I'm just playing but I can't help but find this humorous. :lol:

Who's the third down back now or is it just going to be Bush, Bush, and more Bush?

Shoulda kept Kahli Bell