Sign in to follow this  
montana

Favorite FF player of all time?

Steve Young... Sentimental value here as he was my very first draft pick when my uncle introduced me to fantasy football in 1996... We won the championship that year, and needless to say I am now hooked for life.

:doublethumbsup:

Won me my first championship. Never had, nor will ever have a monster like SY again.. though I got Jerry Rice the next year and lost in the finals.. He was also very spectacular.

Good memories of having Colston, AP, Graham & Stafford last year in their breakout years.

Moe Williams and TJ Duckett

:pointstosky:

Was in a TD league years ago and these two guys scored every freakin' week.

It was always Starvin Marvin for me. The other parts would change from year to year but I always had Harrison on my team. I loved his consistency. He was an easy start for me and I owned him more times than any player before or since. Every year I would draft him and owners would say that he was done and finally they were right. I haven't found that consistent guy year in year out for big stretches since. I always got LT2 every chance I could but you only got that if you were in the first pick position so it was rare.

LT. No doubt for me. A few years ago i watched him score 4 td's live vs. the giants in SD, and then another 3 or 4 live vs. the Jets in NJ later that season.

You know, the guy you always drafted. Year in, year out - you just HAD to have him....even if you might have to reach a little.

EZ Ed McCaffrey :pointstosky: 4-5 straight years.

Wasn't a Denver fan, but had a serious man crush on Ed.

Dorsey Levens is a close 2nd.

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall!

Mine was Marshall Faulk but mainly the entire Rams team in 1999. I had Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Rams K & Def on my team. I don't remember who my starting quarterback was but he was sucking. I asked my Dad if he knew of any free agents to pick up & he told me to take a flier on this Kurt Warner guy.

Needless to say I won my 1st Superbowl that year & was immediately hooked on FF. Thanks all due to "The Greatest Show on Turf"!

Im assuming were talking about a player we could have actually drafted every year. Mines gotta be Robert Meachem as of late. The guy would always score big for me as a by week or matchup replacement early in his career and I just kept on drafting him. The guys always laugh. Yeah....hes on my team again this year.

The player that I always had on my team was Tony Gonzalez. He was on my very first championship team way back then. I want to say 1998??? But I couldn't of won it without Barry Sanders(all time favorite) and a one year wonder quarterback named Kordell Stewart. Remember him?????

Blast from the Past

FUAD REVEIZ

Won me my league with 10 FG's in the last 2 games of our Fantasy Season. That was back when FG's had a tiered value, A 50 yarder was worth more than a 20 yard chip.

My favorite? Has to be Larry Johnson. 2005 7th rounder won me a lot of money that year.

Didn't hurt that I also took Shaun Alexander in the first round and Carson Palmer in the eighth that year. Fantastic times.

I'll narrow mine down .. to Drew Bennett.

He helped me win a Super Bowl, with the chemistry he had with QB Volek. I remember in the semi-finals I was down by 57 points, with only Drew Bennett left on a MNF game. He scored me 84!

This was a "bonus"-driven PPR league. Hi stats were something like: 13 / 233 / 3.

Points were: 23 (+10 for 10+ catches), 33.3 (+10 for over 200 yards), and 28 (+10 for 3 or more TDs)!!! :banana:

Seriously, 59 replies to this question and not one mention of Brett Alonzo Favre?!?! The guy was fantasy gold for years and generally he'd take his #2 WR and / or a TE along with him for the ride. I would draft or acquire Favre himself whenever possible (including his first season with the Vikes), but what I ALWAYS drafted was his #2 WR, from Robert Brooks to Antonio Freeman to Billy Schroeder - it rarely failed me! Nothing is better than a thousand receiving yards and nine TD's from an eighth round draft pick!

Don Majowski

Jim Kelly

Cleveland Gary

Rodney Hampton

Christian Okoye

Barry Foster

Dalton Hilliard

Thurman Thomas

Flipper Anderson

Andre Rison

3 amigos

I'll narrow mine down .. to Drew Bennett.

He helped me win a Super Bowl, with the chemistry he had with QB Volek. I remember in the semi-finals I was down by 57 points, with only Drew Bennett left on a MNF game. He scored me 84!

This was a "bonus"-driven PPR league. Hi stats were something like: 13 / 233 / 3.

Points were: 23 (+10 for 10+ catches), 33.3 (+10 for over 200 yards), and 28 (+10 for 3 or more TDs)!!! :banana:

Drew Bennett! He did the damn thing for me that night too. Unforgettable.

I guess I`ll show my age,the man to have was Thurman Thomas.His versatility to score on the ground and through the air won a few championships for me back in the day.

Steve Young... Sentimental value here as he was my very first draft pick when my uncle introduced me to fantasy football in 1996... We won the championship that year, and needless to say I am now hooked for life.

Same exact thing. My first pick was Young and I won the league. I got Barry Sanders with my 2nd pick.

:thumbsup:

Same exact story here :cheers: