Sign in to follow this  
NYFG

Big Ben

In the game last year when he faced the Titans, he only threw 5 TD's on them :shocking: ...The passing game last week wasnt much to write home about..Im seriously thinking about starting him over Aaron Rodgers this week...I think this game toninght is where he can get the passing game back on track..Anyone else rolling with him tonight ?

Alright fellow Big Ben owners!!! :wave:

Like most I originally drafted Ben as back-up, but he's now my main starter. Through his first 4 games, Roethlisberger is off to a career-record pace in terms of passing yardage and TDs. For whatever reason, it seems PIT has transformed from the run-first/ball control team to an actual passing team.

No reason to expect much of a slow-down tonight against TEN. Ben should probably be ranked in the top 5 among QB going into this game.

Been rolling with Ben every week. A little worried now that Mendenhall is back that they might go more balanced, but he has four great targets to throw to, so let's hope he keeps throwing.

Tonight's matchup is great for them.

I am rolling with Ben over Stafford. My team fortunately hasn't needed an elite performance from my QB all season so I hope it remains that way.

I've started him every week so far. Drafted him as my number one and haven;t regretted it, yet.

He's a bad mutha and his schedule is beautiful the rest of the way. In the league where I was fortunate enough to get him, I've traded away my backup and carrying him as my only QB. With the bye week gone, he looks solid for the rest of the season.

I am rolling with him over RG3 this week!

I have the same decision and really can't wait till Friday to decide if RG3 goes...Big Ben it is.

I benched Cam Newton because I can't legally do anything worse to him. Therefore, Big Ben it is! :pointstosky:

Big Ben is on pace for 4,496 yds 36 TDs 4 INT

His career best is 4,328 yds and 32 Tds in '09 and '07 respectively. It'd be a stretch for him to keep his current pace, but he's on his way to 30+- TDs this season. Nice.

Maybe Mendenhall being out led to more throwing early on, but I'm hoping the Steelers are evolving to a passing game to fit their skilled WRs. :ninja:

Question

Would you trade Matt Ryan away for a rb and start Big Ben the rest of the way?

my team:

Matt Ryan

Forte

Doug Martin

Calvin Johnson

AJ Green

Hernandez

my back up rbs: Jaquizz, William Powell, and Bilal Powell

Team is 2-3 right now and Martin is giving me ###### right now, thinking of upgrading at that position. 10 team non ppr

I said before the season that he would outproduce more fashionable picks like Rivers and Romo and I've seen nothing to change that evaluation. He won't get many better matchups than tonight. In fact, given this week's matchups and byes, I'd roll with Ben over anyone except Matt Ryan (vs Oak). That includes Brady (vs Sea) and Rodgers (vs Hou).

Question

Would you trade Matt Ryan away for a rb and start Big Ben the rest of the way

:nono:

Drew Brees and Matt Ryan are in another league compared to all other QBs right now. I wouldn't trade Ryan for less than a top 3 RB, which I doubt is possible.

I said before the season that he would outproduce more fashionable picks like Rivers and Romo and I've seen nothing to change that evaluation. He won't get many better matchups than tonight. In fact, given this week's matchups and byes, I'd roll with Ben over anyone except Matt Ryan (vs Oak). That includes Brady (vs Sea) and Rodgers (vs Hou).

Dannabit :wall:

I was convinced to start Rogers over Ben and then this focking thread appears. :wall:

Big Ben: 363 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 14 rush yrds

:banana:

I love the stat line and Ben seems destined for a career-record yardage wise, but PIT needs to get it's O-line together or Ben's in store for a lot of not so great games. He was running for his life with no protection. His stats were helped with a few long bombs and the game going down to the wire.

It was interesting that PIT's first possession started with a deep bomb - (missed). PIT's second possession started with... another deep bomb - (wallace TD). By the end of the game, Ben threw 40 passes while the team had just 22 total rushing attempts. Looks like the Steelers are finally joining the passing-era NFL party.

Big Ben is like that skanky girl you meet in College. You know she's only good for the late night booty call here and there but if you are going to stay with her you know she'll break your heart somewhere down the road.

Tread carefully.

Big Ben: 363 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 14 rush yrds

:banana:

It was interesting that PIT's first possession started with a deep bomb - (missed). PIT's second possession started with... another deep bomb - (wallace TD). By the end of the game, Ben threw 40 passes while the team had just 22 total rushing attempts. Looks like the Steelers are finally joining the passing-era NFL party.

Unfortunately, when the Steelers do run the ball it seems to be at inopportune times that stick Ben with a lot of difficult 2nd and 3rd and longs. Why, for example, the Steelers ran the ball twice (for minimal gains, of course) on their final drive is a mystery.

Given their offensive line and running back woes, this team should pretty much be operating out of the shotgun as their base offense and should sh!tcan every single running play in their playbook except draws and traps.

my league made a QB run early, so I focused elsewhere and had Ben already in mind as a later round QB bargain. Figured on him having a good season because of a lack of a running game, some defensive injuries that would let the other team put up more points, and ben's ability to keep plays alive even with a mediocre offensive line better than most QB's in the league.

so far it's paid off every week he has started but last week. 6 point passing TD league = 19points last night. and man did i see another passing TD being left on that field. i don't see him passing any less as the season goes on either. has baltimore twice, but besides that nothing that bad. i'm a giants fan, our defense is mediocre, he will do well against us. the cowboys have a nice pass D, but by the time they play pittsburgh the cowgirls will be going through their late season implosion so that should work out :)